HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Forward Prospect Andy Andreoff Find Himself With The LA Kings In 2013-14?

Old
08-03-2013, 09:36 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Peter James Bond

Great job Gann!

This kind of scares me, though:
“I’ve looked to all the guys in the NHL that I want to be like—third, fourth line guys,” he added. “I’m looking forward to that, and I’ve learned from the guys [who are with the Kings]. I’ve been watching Dwight King and Clifford. [They play] my style, so I look up to those guys, and hopefully, I’ll be one of them, one day.”<<<<<

Dwight King does not play Andreoff's style. King plays like a zombie marshmallow. Never goes to scoring areas and he actually slows down, before he hits someone. He does not hit to punish and he actually makes his 'body prepared' for impact when hitting, as best as can be described. Just like a player knows he's going to be hit, that player makes their body better prepared to take the hit...King does this as the player making the hit! Just watch next time.

Back to the subject, Andreoff, I think he makes the team. I hope he can play 4th line LW or Center, and that King or Fraser is moved, to open that position.
Andreoff has Marleau eyebrows! I know that Patrick finally had an eyebrow reduction procedure done; you could check photos out from this past year to other years...

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 08-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 02:27 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Great job Gann! This kind of scares me, though: ďIíve looked to all the guys in the NHL that I want to be likeóthird, fourth line guys,Ē he added. ďIím looking forward to that, and Iíve learned from the guys [who are with the Kings]. Iíve been watching Dwight King and Clifford. [They play] my style, so I look up to those guys, and hopefully, Iíll be one of them, one day.Ē<<<<< Dwight King does not play Andreoff's style. King plays like a zombie marshmallow. Never goes to scoring areas and he actually slows down, before he hits someone. He does not hit to punish and he actually makes his 'body prepared' for impact when hitting, as best as can be described. Just like a player knows he's going to be hit, that player makes their body better prepared to take the hit...King does this as the player making the hit! Just watch next time. Back to the subject, Andreoff, I think he makes the team. I hope he can play 4th line LW or Center, and that King or Fraser is moved, to open that position. Andreoff has Marleau eyebrows! I know that Patrick finally had an eyebrow reduction procedure done; you could check photos out from this past year to other years...
I hope both King and Fraser are movedÖ

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 02:42 PM
goosh
@adamgushansky

If it weren't for the fact that we have 25 guys fighting for 23 spots, a guy like Vey or Andreoff might make the team.

Right now, there's just no room.

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Raccoon Jesus
Offense Like Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Great job Gann!

This kind of scares me, though:
ďIíve looked to all the guys in the NHL that I want to be likeóthird, fourth line guys,Ē he added. ďIím looking forward to that, and Iíve learned from the guys [who are with the Kings]. Iíve been watching Dwight King and Clifford. [They play] my style, so I look up to those guys, and hopefully, Iíll be one of them, one day.Ē<<<<<

Dwight King does not play Andreoff's style. King plays like a zombie marshmallow. Never goes to scoring areas and he actually slows down, before he hits someone. He does not hit to punish and he actually makes his 'body prepared' for impact when hitting, as best as can be described. Just like a player knows he's going to be hit, that player makes their body better prepared to take the hit...King does this as the player making the hit! Just watch next time.

Back to the subject, Andreoff, I think he makes the team. I hope he can play 4th line LW or Center, and that King or Fraser is moved, to open that position.
Andreoff has Marleau eyebrows! I know that Patrick finally had an eyebrow reduction procedure done; you could check photos out from this past year to other years...
You are so right about King's 'hitting', but oh my god, you just stumbled on what I'm going to call him for this whole season.

And good article Gann!

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 05:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have been on the Andy Andy bandwaggon for a longtime now (he was one of mine from pre draft) and I believe he is as ready to play in the NHL as he is going to be. He is one of those guys who does better learning a system by playing in it.

He has learned out game at the AHL level and is now ready to bring it up to the NHL.

Nick Shore is 1 year away from being in the exact same spot.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have been on the Andy Andy bandwaggon for a longtime now (he was one of mine from pre draft) and I believe he is as ready to play in the NHL as he is going to be. He is one of those guys who does better learning a system by playing in it.

He has learned out game at the AHL level and is now ready to bring it up to the NHL.

Nick Shore is 1 year away from being in the exact same spot.
I'd be fine with Shore on the 4th line next season (not this one) and let him work his way up to being our 3rd line center going forward.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 06:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I'd be fine with Shore on the 4th line next season (not this one) and let him work his way up to being our 3rd line center going forward.
Me too.

The trouble is that Vey is THE man for replacing Stoll. I see us moving LV to RW and giving the spot to Nick though. Nick is just dead solid. In fact I would be comfortable with Shore ending this season as our 4rth line C and then slotting him in as Stolls replacement next season.

I am very high on Shore in both is on ice ability and his character. He is allot like MR in his dedication to winning above all else.

I had a chance to interview Nick pre draft and again this past season and he is a special kid both on and off the ice.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Johnny Utah

Vey is not making the Kings until they move Stoll.

In terms of AA, I kinda think he could use one more year in the AHL. I thought last year his game got better as the season wore on and he was just coming into himself as a player. He also looks a lot bigger this year.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 09:05 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

In terms of AA, I kinda think he could use one more year in the AHL. I thought last year his game got better as the season wore on and he was just coming into himself as a player. He also looks a lot bigger this year.
If there are still health concerns with Stoll, Vey has a very good shot at that 3rd line job. IMO if Stoll for some reason can't go to start the year, it's Vey or Lewis there.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
yankeeking

it would be unfair to start a rookie out as 3rd line center there is just so much responsibility on our centers that lewis would most likely get the nod and vey maybe a wing if he makes the team, not DL or DS like to overload rookies IMO

yankeeking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:13 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
it would be unfair to start a rookie out as 3rd line center there is just so much responsibility on our centers that lewis would most likely get the nod and vey maybe a wing if he makes the team, not DL or DS like to overload rookies IMO
True, but there haven't been quite the same cap issues in the past compared to now. Plus, the 3rd and 4th lines were complete and utter crap at the end of the year and all playoffs. Change is in order

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Trade AMart, keep Schultz as 7th D man and there is plenty of cash to bring up Vey without moving Stoll. Also with all the kids needing a shot in the next few years I would expect at least one call up in the begging of the year. Vey's proven he has good chemistry with TT.

Whoever it is that eventually replaces Stoll (unless Stoll gets injured suddenly) will be brought up to speed on the 4th line before being thrown on the 3rd line. Wouldn't make sense to take a player from the AHL and dump him on the 3rd line and say, "good luck"

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
True, but there haven't been quite the same cap issues in the past compared to now. Plus, the 3rd and 4th lines were complete and utter crap at the end of the year and all playoffs. Change is in order
Except that's not true, the bottom lines did as expected. The top six on the other hand.

Some of you people expect way too much out of guys making 600k to 3mill; And not enough out of people making 7million.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote