HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

U-20 Tournament (Several Hab Prospects Involved)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2013, 12:20 PM
  #126
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,519
vCash: 567
Both PP goals.

Hopefully zzoo is reading this. Collberg against his own age group has been a stud. That's why so many of us are high on him.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
  #127
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Both from the same spot.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
  #128
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
GoalBerg

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:24 PM
  #129
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Is there somewhere I can listen in for free? I dont feel like buying it

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:26 PM
  #130
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
GoalBerg
hah, nice.

Stealing it!

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:27 PM
  #131
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,519
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Is there somewhere I can listen in for free? I dont feel like buying it
Twitter is just as good.

https://twitter.com/coreypronman

https://twitter.com/DanKramerHabs

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters

All watching this game.

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 43s
Sweden back on PP, USA trying to take away #Habs Collberg's shot. So he made three great set-ups, nearly resulting in goals. #GoHabsGo


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 08-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:38 PM
  #132
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
2-0 Sweden at the end of the first. USA Blue has been getting dominated by Sweden.

Collberg has been the best player on the ice, no doubt. Every shift he makes something happen. He's moving his feet and forechecking with intensity. Picked up a pair of powerplay goals so far. The first came after he undressed Brady Vail on the blue line and then distributed the puck around. Eventually it came back and he had a wide open to shoot at. His second was also on the powerplay. He crept into the slot and ripped a shot over the goaltender's shoulder.

De La Rose has been very quiet. He's made some nice passes and has been moving his feet, but hasn't been involved offensively. He didn't see any powerplay time until late in the period.

Vail has been very quiet, too. He got undressed by Collberg on the penalty kill, which led to a goal. He made an errant pass or two. The good news is that he has been given time on the first PK unit.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
  #133
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,519
vCash: 567
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 38s
Gustav Possler makes it 3-0 for Sweden, Collberg with an assist. Not much USA Blue can do at this point. #NJEC

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 1m
#Habs Collberg narrowly misses getting hat trick. Then steals puck at offensive blueline, saving in zone, feed to Possler who scores. 3-0.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
  #134
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Collberg helped off the ice with what appears to be a leg injury. The USA player was on top of Collberg who was hunched over. Collberg fell over immediately clutching his right knee. At first glance, it looked like he might have been cut by a skate.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
  #135
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Collberg helped off the ice with what appears to be a leg injury. The USA player was on top of Collberg who was hunched over. Collberg fell over immediately clutching his right knee. At first glance, it looked like he might have been cut by a skate.
The habs are cursed. Hopefully he is okay.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #136
mattyboy
What Up With That?
 
mattyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: MTL
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Collberg down and not looking good

mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
  #137
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
The US is going full goon mode.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
  #138
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,406
vCash: 500
That is not the only one to speculate a skate cut. Great.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
  #139
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,843
vCash: 500
Did it look like he cut his achilles' heel?

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM
  #140
LeHaboholique
Registered User
 
LeHaboholique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Locker Room
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Did it look like he cut his achilles' heel?
looked closer to the Knee as he was favoring it.

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
  #141
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,795
vCash: 725
Why I am not surprised. Out of 40 players, the one that seems to have an important injury is a Habs prospect. This is insane.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:30 PM
  #142
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
3-2 Sweden now at the end of the second. USA Blue finally woke up. Scary period for both teams as Matteau left the game due to a high hit and both Collberg and Sundqvist left the game due to injury.

Collberg has been fantastic today. One shift he had an open net, but got tied up. He then tracked the puck, made a diving play to keep the puck in. The puck was then picked up by Possler who scored. Two goals and one assist for Collberg, but unfortunately he left the game with a leg injury.

Didn't notice De La Rose. I only remember him breaking up the play on the PK once in the second.

Vail was much better in the second. He was good on the penalty kill and was very involved defensively. He picked up an assist after winning a face off cleanly. The puck eventually found Butcher, who scored. Still, he hasn't been very active in the offensive zone.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #143
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why I am not surprised. Out of 40 players, the one that seems to have an important injury is a Habs prospect. This is insane.
Not only that, but it has to come to our best offensive prospect, during his development years.

We're not allowed to have nice things.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
  #144
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag
 
CaptainBenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Horrible I hope its nothing serious

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:36 PM
  #145
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,942
vCash: 50
Terrible luck for Collberg if it's bad. Finally going to get a real chance in the SHL, then gets hurt.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
  #146
HabsInsideOut
Registered User
 
HabsInsideOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Terrible luck for Collberg if it's bad. Finally going to get a real chance in the SHL, then gets hurt.
Did it look bad?

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
  #147
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Teravainen is the best Finnish offensive prospect. The Finnish Drouin. I'm envious of the Hawks - I think they got a top five prospect with the 18th overall pick. Not bad for the Cup champs. I can see him playing with Kane and Toews on the PP in 2-3 years, and think he'll be a top-end point producer.

The scary thing is if he was four days older he would have been picked in the 2013 draft. I ranked him second overall last year behind Galchenyuk for the 2012 draft. I got some flak for ranking him so high (and for ranking Yakupov third), but if we were to redo the rankings today...I'd probably still rank him second overall.
I don't think that Teravainen plays similar game as Drouin at all. Mikael Granlund plays similar game as Drouin. Teräväinen moves the puck much quicker and doesen't hold the puck. He can move the puck very fast and with one touch which will buy time for offensive-zone pressure or PP. He has played floorball at high level from just a little kid and you can see it in his game. Just how he moves the puck quickly.

Teräväinen plays similar game as RHN and Connor McDavid. Connor McDavid is obviously at the next tier as a prospect because of his skating and offensive instincts but i compare them style wise. How they move like waterbug, handle the puck and how they create plays and remain calm and poised when everything is chaotic. Teräväinen played with Erik Karlsson at the lockout and after that he has been playing point at PP. When you watch him at point then you know that he has learned from the best and i believe that TT has ability to become one of the best PP players at point in the NHL if everything works out.

To me Teräväinen is best offensive prospect from finnish prospects. Barkov is obviously best prospect because he is offensively nearly as good but when you think that he is defensively as good as he is offensively he is clearly #1 finnish prospect.

Lehkonen is a solid prospect and has potential to be Zach Parise lite or Mike Cammaleri type of player if he can avoid concussions and developes well. His problem have been him being too brave. He is a guy who is tenacious and never gives up, he will take hits and is fearless. He is too fearless at times and it ends up as injuries like concussion at times. He needs to find a way to avoid those situations. If he can do that he could be very good player for habs in the future.

thomast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 01:58 PM
  #148
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Lets hope its just a laceration

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
  #149
uocooco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I don't think that Teravainen plays similar game as Drouin at all. Mikael Granlund plays similar game as Drouin. Teräväinen moves the puck much quicker and doesen't hold the puck. He can move the puck very fast and with one touch which will buy time for offensive-zone pressure or PP. He has played floorball at high level from just a little kid and you can see it in his game. Just how he moves the puck quickly.

Teräväinen plays similar game as RHN and Connor McDavid. Connor McDavid is obviously at the next tier as a prospect because of his skating and offensive instincts but i compare them style wise. How they move like waterbug, handle the puck and how they create plays and remain calm and poised when everything is chaotic. Teräväinen played with Erik Karlsson at the lockout and after that he has been playing point at PP. When you watch him at point then you know that he has learned from the best and i believe that TT has ability to become one of the best PP players at point in the NHL if everything works out.

To me Teräväinen is best offensive prospect from finnish prospects. Barkov is obviously best prospect because he is offensively nearly as good but when you think that he is defensively as good as he is offensively he is clearly #1 finnish prospect.

Lehkonen is a solid prospect and has potential to be Zach Parise lite or Mike Cammaleri type of player if he can avoid concussions and developes well. His problem have been him being too brave. He is a guy who is tenacious and never gives up, he will take hits and is fearless. He is too fearless at times and it ends up as injuries like concussion at times. He needs to find a way to avoid those situations. If he can do that he could be very good player for habs in the future.
nobody plays like Drouin.

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
  #150
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Agreed that Granlund is like Drouin as well, especially in terms of puckhandling. Drouin can move the puck very quickly as well though, he has similarities in his game to both Finns.

I think Drouin's shot and one-timer are closer to TT's than Granlund's, and TT likes to play high on the wall on the power play much like Drouin, and quarterbacks the play from there. I also think TT is more like Drouin defensively in that they are opportunists, Granlund is more of a two-way center. Neither Finnish prospect skates as well as Drouin, his edges are tremendous. At the end of the day I see more similarities in TT and Drouin's games. I don't think either Finn will be as good as Drouin, but TT will be a key offensive weapon.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.