HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres sign Jamie Tardif

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2013, 02:43 PM
  #26
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
So it the Sabres sign an enforcer to a 2-way deal that will be 48 contracts. Pretty close to the 50 limit. (I'm including Hodgson and Tropp)

Time to trade Szydlowski.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 02:43 PM
  #27
DolanPlsGoSabres
Buffalo is Suffering
 
DolanPlsGoSabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nagoya
Country: Japan
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Great signing for Rochester. I was waiting for the Facebook page to post this just to read the complainers' comments and laugh.

DolanPlsGoSabres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
  #28
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Now they will sign 1 more veteran who can drop the mitts and replace Tarnasky. Rochester is shaping up nicely
Clues to the enforcer:

What’s left: The team has no “designated” tough-guy.... Devine said today that “a couple offers were made” to players that would fill that role, but so far neither player accepted. (Kevin O)

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  #29
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Clues to the enforcer:

What’s left: The team has no “designated” tough-guy.... Devine said today that “a couple offers were made” to players that would fill that role, but so far neither player accepted. (Kevin O)
The most prominent AHL FA enforcers are Pierre-Luc Letoureau-Leblond, Zack Fitzgerald, and Nathan McIver. I'd like them to sign Garnet Exelby, he can fit that role on the blueline.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:08 PM
  #30
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolanPlsGoSabres View Post
Great signing for Rochester. I was waiting for the Facebook page to post this just to read the complainers' comments and laugh.
ugh, I feel dumber for reading that on FB .....


some people have no idea and can't see the 'big' picture

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:11 PM
  #31
Jeremy2020
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
This was my biggest beef with Regier for years. Once Pegula took over I thought he'd start building a winner in Rochester. He didn't. They were still mediocre. It was very frustrating for two reasons:

1) I'm a fan of the team. I used to go to their games, but now I live in Buffalo. I had season tickets when they had Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Goose, and Miller. That team was great. It sucks watching mediocre hockey!

2) I think a winning environment is good for a rookies development.
I get the feeling that people think Pegula has owned the team for longer than he actually has...

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
  #32
Reacher Gilt
Registered User
 
Reacher Gilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Really hope they are now serious about building the best possible team in Rochester.
It's crucial to build a winning culture on that level to give the kids the best environment.

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
  #33
Pikachu
Rookie User
 
Pikachu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolanPlsGoSabres View Post
Great signing for Rochester. I was waiting for the Facebook page to post this just to read the complainers' comments and laugh.
Exactly what I was thinking. The Sabres' Facebook page is always entertaining.

Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
  #34
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. The Sabres' Facebook page is always entertaining.
Boy, they're a bunch of blundering idiots on that. I never even bother reading. Casual fans know almost nothing.

I like this signing though. Sabres got Bagnall and now Tardif and the Amerks got Zigomanis. All have worn letters in the past in the AHL. We lost Mancari but added a few really good veterans. Rochester should be a better team this season. Amerks fans should have something to look forward to.

Tardif scored 30 in the AHL last season so he'll definitely help this team out. It still sucks we lost Tarnasky.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
  #35
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
Mancari signing elsewhere was addition by subtraction

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 12:39 AM
  #36
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Mancari signing elsewhere was addition by subtraction
I'm not a huge Amerks fan but I keep track of them enough to know what's going on. While I know Mancari had a questionable on-ice ethic (many times took long shifts and looked selfish or lazy) you can't deny the offense he brought. 61 points in 76 games played. We've not had great talent at the AHL level but Mancari is a good AHLer who many including myself were pleased to get back last summer. We just so happened to upgrade offensively IMO but losing Mancari would have hurt a lot if we hadn't gotten Zigomanis and Tardif. Luckily the Amerks were able to get both of those players so we actually got better and Mancari leaving shouldn't sting.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:37 AM
  #37
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I'm not a huge Amerks fan but I keep track of them enough to know what's going on. While I know Mancari had a questionable on-ice ethic (many times took long shifts and looked selfish or lazy) you can't deny the offense he brought. 61 points in 76 games played. We've not had great talent at the AHL level but Mancari is a good AHLer who many including myself were pleased to get back last summer. We just so happened to upgrade offensively IMO but losing Mancari would have hurt a lot if we hadn't gotten Zigomanis and Tardif. Luckily the Amerks were able to get both of those players so we actually got better and Mancari leaving shouldn't sting.
I think just the culture the guy brings is addition by subtraction. 61 points is great but the way the guy plays and his work ethic isn't a good thing to have rub off on a young team. Sadly I think Luke Adam is slowly going down that road too but I'm hoping that all of the new leadership and hard workers can kick his ass back into the player he's capable of being.

Anyways the Amerks have had good teams on paper going into the season before. The problem is that when the line-up slowly gets dismantled to call ups Regier has been non existent in helping it. Doing nothing because three or even four players are out of the line-up is understandable but there have been times in the past where the Amerks were missing seven or eight players and Regier did nothing.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:55 AM
  #38
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
I get the feeling that people think Pegula has owned the team for longer than he actually has...
Building a good AHL team is a lot easier than building a good NHL team. Regier just neglected Rochester for a while. He wanted to give the young guys playing time. No ill will, though. I'm excited he's done what most Amerks fans have been begging him to do for the past 5 years, and that's sign some quality veterans to fill holes.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  #39
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I think just the culture the guy brings is addition by subtraction. 61 points is great but the way the guy plays and his work ethic isn't a good thing to have rub off on a young team. Sadly I think Luke Adam is slowly going down that road too but I'm hoping that all of the new leadership and hard workers can kick his ass back into the player he's capable of being.

Anyways the Amerks have had good teams on paper going into the season before. The problem is that when the line-up slowly gets dismantled to call ups Regier has been non existent in helping it. Doing nothing because three or even four players are out of the line-up is understandable but there have been times in the past where the Amerks were missing seven or eight players and Regier did nothing.
Mancari was a disappointment I think. 22 goals? That was 8 below his total the year before and he played 10 more games. He was rarely a threat and disappeared for long stretches. I'm sure he was a good guy in the dressing room, but his on ice habits weren't the best. Tardif is a huge upgrade.

And I couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. Lots of AHL teams look good in October. The real question comes in January/February when call ups/injuries have decimated the Amerks. Good teams get reinforcements. Regier let the Amerks disintegrate last season while doing nothing.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
  #40
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Mancari was a disappointment I think. 22 goals? That was 8 below his total the year before and he played 10 more games. He was rarely a threat and disappeared for long stretches. .
I think they expected more. They certainly knew Mancari. Fatherhood distraction?

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.