HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Saga: Deal is sealed (Read post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2013, 07:19 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I feel like we should all sign a card for the BoH telling them to collectively suck it. Or at least send flowers. They must be upset.
Most of them still have to pick their jaws up from off the floor.

Old
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
As a Winnipeger, I'd like to say official congrats! As a few of you have told me in the past, we have some real jerks here in the Peg, but I have quite a few friends here that were rooting for you the whole way and it's awesome to read that it's finally official!
Yeah, admittedly there's been some over-generalizations going around from both sides, including Yotes fans.

Old
08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Rutkowski

I like Phoenix Coyotes more but it's no biggie, Arizona Coyotes is nice too.

I still stand by my vote back in the 90's that the franchise should've been named "The Arizona Phoenix" instead because Phoenix is an awesome mythological animal and it'd fit in nice, I'd say.

Old
08-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
In the last two years alone... home values have gone up 32-43% across the valley. The recovery is on the way.

You're very correct. Five years is a long time. Last four seemed like an eternity at times.
If done right, the team will be profitable in the long-term no matter the state on the economy. But I'm cautious with regards to the home prices seeing they're alot of these so called flip homes where the investors are known to ask for way more than what the property is actually worth. I have even seen quite a few homes on Zillow.com and other sites that actually show many of the homes going down in price.

Only time will tell of course show things will go and when.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:04 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Major grats. I know I was a doubter about the team's chances of staying the past two or so years, but glad that this ordeal is finally behind you all.

It will take time getting used to calling them the Arizona Coyotes in a couple years, though....

EDIT: sheesh, and that's why. Keep auto typing Cardinals when I start with Arizona....

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
08-05-2013, 08:22 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Not a big fan of renaming to Arizona.

I still think of the other LA baseball team as the California Angels and not The The Angels Angels.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Very happy for you guys Bolts fan coming by to say you deserve your team no matter what the northerners say. Hockey is a great sport and it doesn't matter where your from or are on the map. All you need is a rink and a puck and obviously a beer stand and your ready to watch one of the greatest sports on earth. Here's to you guys winning a cup soon as long as your not in TBs way of course.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think "Arizona Coyotes" is a lot better than "Phoenix Coyotes". To me it sounds better and makes more sense. Will we be "ARZ" or "ARI"?
AZ

Think about how weird it will be when the Coyotes are the second team across the top of NHL.com

Old
08-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Spent time looking around the internet with regards to the response of the sale of the Coyotes to a local owner. When it comes to nations where hockey is popular, the support and hate is the same around the globe but the (support : hate) ratio is different.

In Canada alone there is more hate I notice coming from Western Canada than support where in Eastern Canada it's about 50%:50%

In the United States more of the hate is coming from the teams up Northern Half than from the Southern Half.

The Biggest amount of hate up north is coming more from Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago. The biggest amount of support is coming from Columbus, New Jersey, and Long Island. The rest were around 50% : 50%.

Our biggest supporters in the Southern Half are coming from Anaheim, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa Bay. Everyone else was around the 50% : 50% with Los Angeles and Atlanta having the least amount of support for us. With Los Angeles I am not surprised seeing that both teams are becoming each others arch rival overtime and there is huge rise in the Kings Bandwagon where the newbees alone don't even know much about the history of the Kings. With Atlanta, there is still plenty of bitterness over the Thrashers moving and there is plenty of this "Gary Bettman" "Why did you save Phoenix but you didn't bother to help us?" kind of talk going around.

It will be interesting to see overtime the feelings towards this franchise as it goes in the right direction.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old
08-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
A reprieve, and a lot can happen in 5yrs. Me, Im not so worried about the hockey side, Ive always been convinced the market'll respond under good Management & Coaching, stable ownership, its the building itself that concerns me. If Global-Spectrum can get some traction, start filling the calendar while IceAz is re-branding & re-building, resurrection not only entirely possible, plausible. Not Rocket Science. Can be done.

Cheers!
They already booked Pearl Jam November-19-2013

Old
08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Spent time looking around the internet with regards to the response of the sale of the Coyotes to a local owner. When it comes to nations where hockey is popular, the support and hate is the same around the globe but the (support : hate) ratio is different.

In Canada alone there is more hate I notice coming from Western Canada than support where in Eastern Canada it is about 50%:50%

In the United States more of the hate is coming from the teams up Northern Half than from the Southern Half.

The Biggest amount of hate up north is coming more from Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago. The biggest amount of support is coming from Columbus, New Jersey, and Long Island. The rest were around 50% : 50%.

Our biggest supporters in the Southern Half are coming from Anaheim, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa Bay. Everyone else was around the 50% : 50% with Los Angeles and Atlanta having the least amount of support for us. With Los Angeles I am not surprised seeing that both teams are becoming each others arch rival overtime and there is huge rise in the Kings Bandwagon where the newbees alone don't even know much about the history of the Kings. With Atlanta, there is still plenty of bitterness over the Thrashers moving and there is plenty of this "Gary Bettman" "Why did you save Phoenix but you didn't bother to help us?" kind of talk going around.

It will be interesting to see overtime the feelings towards this franchise as it goes in the right direction.
Well, the people that are arguing against it simply think that the franchise is going to lose over $10 million each year, which is unlikely. It seems that people have a short memory over the lockout - some of that decision was also to spread the wealth better amongst non-major markets. We have gained some money in revenue sharing, but the piece of the pie of the past few years has been far different from what was negotiated in the next CBA. Even the players said that they were willing to adjust the revenue sharing in the proposal.

I may be wrong in what the revenue sharing value will be for Phoenix, but that alone should keep us under the $10 million threshold within each of the first five years easily. Ticket sales will likely increase with a stable ownership group as well, so we are ahead of where detractors want to think we are...

Old
08-05-2013, 09:36 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quite a happy day. Had a little wine with dinner to celebrate.

I'm glad it worked out, especially for Shane Doan. He's still here and now has an owner. Even though he signed on assurances from Jamison (among other reasons, I'm sure), it has worked out for him in the end. I'd love to see him lift the cup.

Old
08-05-2013, 10:18 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
They already booked Pearl Jam November-19-2013
I think that was a parting gift from the NHL (nee AEG who was handling the arena for them).

Let's see what Global can do now, with running both jobing and UoP together.

Old
08-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Vip
Das it mane

vCash: 50
Should light up a big fat cigar in celebration.

Congrats to us.

Old
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM
moosemeister

congrats to all of us indeed. if it weren't a billion degrees outside, i'd probably wear a yotes jersey lol

Old
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Phoenician

Yotes and Wings!

Kids wanted to go see the sign hanging at the stadium, and on our way, we saw that they are adding a BWW by Yardhouse. Double Bonus Day!

Old
08-05-2013, 11:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudehama View Post
AZ

Think about how weird it will be when the Coyotes are the second team across the top of NHL.com
Haha. No. It's not going to be AZ. Every single team in the NHL gets three letters. TBL, NYI, NJD, WPG, EDM, LAK. We will get three letters and it will be whatever the hell the Cards use. I assume ARZ.

08-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Haha. No. It's not going to be AZ. Every single team in the NHL gets three letters. TBL, NYI, NJD, WPG, EDM, LAK. We will get three letters and it will be whatever the hell the Cards use. I assume ARZ.
ARI. Just like the dude from Entourage.

Last edited by Shepard: 08-06-2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: last idea didn't make sense
Old
08-06-2013, 12:32 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

Congrats you guys. I haven't really been following this saga that closely, but you guys are guaranteed to stay for at least five years right? (if that's true, I'm immediately going to start reading the BOH thread every day for laughs)

Old
08-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Vip
Das it mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudehama View Post
AZ

And the second team on NHL14 Etc.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Vip
Das it mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Congrats you guys. I haven't really been following this saga that closely, but you guys are guaranteed to stay for at least five years right? (if that's true, I'm immediately going to start reading the BOH thread every day for laughs)
Nice username.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:46 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Nice username.
Thanks. I'm a Panthers fan, but like name puns. Second choice was clubcantevenYandlemerightnow

Old
08-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Congrats guys, I hoped this outcome would happen. Great to have a future division rival in the desert still.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:52 AM
kingbrutis

Somehow I thought the BOH board would somehow slow the haters. Man am I naive. For those that have said congrats, thanks. We are a small but very loyal fan base. If they can market this team right, there is no doubt they can be successful. This is the most exciting team in our market.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Le JavJav

azcentral.com

Nice background on the site this morning.

Closed Thread