HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're all in, for BGM

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Afino
The Juice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Huh. I do care about friends' kids. And their vacations. And what's going on in their lives. Most of my fb friends are my true friends or family. I care about them.
I find that enjoyment of FB directly correlates to the percentage of how much family or IRL friends you have on there.

Old
08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
aceface33

Facebook is worth it solely because my local beer store posts their sales and new releases on there.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
I'm going on almost 2 months. The downside is some friends that only send out event invites there. I did a 'hey, I don't plan to check FB much for a while, so please email/call/text if something is going on' post that most people paid attention to, but others didn't.

I do miss catching up on some of what my out of town friends are doing, but overall I don't miss it much. If I ever come back to use it a good scrubbing of some people (and ex-girlfriends.... silly me) will be in order. That an unsubscribing should make it tolerable.
I always get messages about facebook as some people made me administrators for a few military groups, I always let someone else approve their requests

Old
08-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I realized I may not have been clear. I don't care to read about all that stuff on FB. Mainly due to the fact I hear about it in person anyway. And THAT I don't mind. That's why FB is useless for my daily life. I do realize all the different situations where in person contact isn't ideal for some. I get it.

Others are saying why they like and dislike FB. I expressed mine
That's fair. And yes, I do appreciate in person contact as well. But I love all the pictures I wouldn't normally see with in person contact. Mostly because I'm a photography nut so I love seeing everyone's individual styles.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:15 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I love Facebook because it allows me to keep in contact with friends and family that live nowhere near me and because I get news bits that I might not learn about otherwise.

I use lists to filter stuff. I have my family list, the list of the circle of friends I have with my gf, people from work, people from youth hockey, etc.

For instance, I found out that a longtime family friend who moved to Tennessee a few years ago had a bad health scare last week on FB.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
FB is okay if I want to keep in touch with friends that live far from me. Other than that. No

Old
08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I had a good bounce back game last night after last week's 7-7 tie.

Apparently the 9pm start was too early for a few of the kids on the team and we got off to a slow start. I was hung out to dry a bit early and we went down 2-0.

But, I made some saves to keep us in it and it was 2-0 after one.

We scored first in the second. But, I misplayed a breakaway off the draw at center ice and we were back down by two (mental note: stay patient on a breakaway with back pressure...).

We scored again to pull back to within one. And then I let one sneak in under my left arm on a play along the goalline when I went VH (mental note: never go VH ever again...).

But, we scored again to make it down 4-3 after two.

We tied it up mid-way through the third. They pressured, but I kept it out. Then we went up 5-4 with about 5 minutes left.

They pressured more. Pulled their goalie with about 1:30 left. Then we took a penalty with under a minute to go.

But, we were able to kill the game and I made a couple of saves on the PK to seal the deal.

Boy am I tired and sore after the game and CF this morning. But, I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything!

Old
08-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
I'm going on almost 2 months. The downside is some friends that only send out event invites there. I did a 'hey, I don't plan to check FB much for a while, so please email/call/text if something is going on' post that most people paid attention to, but others didn't.
I do miss catching up on some of what my out of town friends are doing, but overall I don't miss it much. If I ever come back to use it a good scrubbing of some people (and ex-girlfriends.... silly me) will be in order. That an unsubscribing should make it tolerable.
That one drives me nuts too. It's not a catch-all for good, old fashioned human contact. For example:

One friend, who does not use FB more than once a month or so, sent out invites to a supposed surprise birthday party for another friend at a local watering hole. When his response was less than stellar -- not that he called anyone mind you -- he cancelled it the day of the event. What the hell.

08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That one drives me nuts too. It's not a catch-all for good, old fashioned human contact. For example:

One friend, who does not use FB more than once a month or so, sent out invites to a supposed surprise birthday party for another friend at a local watering hole. When his response was less than stellar -- not that he called anyone mind you -- he cancelled it the day of the event. What the hell.
It is if you're under 25.

Best feature of FB: to remember birthdays and plan things

Old
08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
indigoo

Anyone have any old video game systems they are looking to get rid of? Check those attics people.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoo View Post
Anyone have any old video game systems they are looking to get rid of? Check those attics people.
You can pull my TI 82 and Atari 7200 out of my cold dead hands. In my parents' attic.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
You can pull my TI 82 and Atari 7200 out of my cold dead hands. In my parents' attic.
The image of that is great; never actually owned any Atari systems. I can understand the sentiment though!

Old
08-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Clock

Quote:
The image of that is great
My cold dead hands? My parents' attic? My cold dead hands in my parents' attic? My cold dead hands in my parents' attic grasping my TI 82 and Atari 7200?

Old
08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

This post was the one with the most recent post in the Atlantic division and I was drawn to it because of the title so I had to check it out... I have to say, I'm greatly confused.... What are you guys talking about? lol

Old
08-06-2013, 09:49 AM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
My cold dead hands? My parents' attic? My cold dead hands in my parents' attic? My cold dead hands in my parents' attic grasping my TI 82 and Atari 7200?
Me trying to pry both from your cold dead hands in an attic, essentially.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
This post was the one with the most recent post in the Atlantic division and I was drawn to it because of the title so I had to check it out... I have to say, I'm greatly confused.... What are you guys talking about? lol
We discuss whatever pops in our minds...sometimes the posts track, other times they don't. Only rules are no politics, religion, hockey except for beer league / kids coaching exploits.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I sold a Sega Genesis and all of the games I had for it 13 years ago to pay for the truck rental to move back from NC to NY.

I do have a pong around somewhere.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:56 AM
aceface33

Quote:
I have an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, Wii, Gameboy Color, 2 GBA's (original and SP), 2 DS's (phat and lite), 2 DSi's, 2 PSP's and a 3DS. Except for the NES and one of the PSP's, they are all functional. Don't know if I am really looking to sell though, just looking for an excuse to show off the list.

Anyone else get hit with allergies in the past week or so? I just got blindsided with the whole itchy eyes/runny nose/head explodey feeling. Sometimes I get this later in August but never this early.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
I had a good bounce back game last night after last week's 7-7 tie.

Apparently the 9pm start was too early for a few of the kids on the team and we got off to a slow start. I was hung out to dry a bit early and we went down 2-0.

But, I made some saves to keep us in it and it was 2-0 after one.

We scored first in the second. But, I misplayed a breakaway off the draw at center ice and we were back down by two (mental note: stay patient on a breakaway with back pressure...).

We scored again to pull back to within one. And then I let one sneak in under my left arm on a play along the goalline when I went VH (mental note: never go VH ever again...).

But, we scored again to make it down 4-3 after two.

We tied it up mid-way through the third. They pressured, but I kept it out. Then we went up 5-4 with about 5 minutes left.

They pressured more. Pulled their goalie with about 1:30 left. Then we took a penalty with under a minute to go.

But, we were able to kill the game and I made a couple of saves on the PK to seal the deal.

Boy am I tired and sore after the game and CF this morning. But, I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything!

I'm so narcissistic. I just glanced at this post without reading this and thought that bold part was about me. Ha. PK is also a hockey term? Noted.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I have an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, Wii, Gameboy Color, 2 GBA's (original and SP), 2 DS's (phat and lite), 2 DSi's, 2 PSP's and a 3DS. Except for the NES and one of the PSP's, they are all functional. Don't know if I am really looking to sell though, just looking for an excuse to show off the list.

Anyone else get hit with allergies in the past week or so? I just got blindsided with the whole itchy eyes/runny nose/head explodey feeling. Sometimes I get this later in August but never this early.
Damn, great list-- very similar to mine. I'm looking for an old NES/SNES. Just picked up a Genesis Model 1 last week, but need a controller. Otherwise my N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube and modern systems do their job as well.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Damn, great list-- very similar to mine. I'm looking for an old NES/SNES. Just picked up a Genesis Model 1 last week, but need a controller. Otherwise my N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube and modern systems do their job as well.
My NES stopped working when I was a kid--my SNES is a beast though. It's almost exactly 20 years old, still works great, and now my kids play it regularly. Didn't really foresee that when I bought it in 8th grade.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Home inspection tomorrow.

One upside right at the moment, with the sale pending, is we can go back to packing without having to be worried about the showing quality. PO Box application is in hand and the next thing is divesting some furniture, selling a few re-sellable items (the bikes, a Burley, a couple AC units, etc...) and such. I figure part of this weekend will be me just emptying out the crap I've saved in the garage for construction over the years. I wonder if Buffalo Reuse would take some of this ****....

Old
08-06-2013, 11:31 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I figure part of this weekend will be me just emptying out the crap I've saved in the garage for construction over the years. I wonder if Buffalo Reuse would take some of this ****....
What do you have? I'm always looking for scrap wood and such for home repairs and projects.

PM me a list if you want

Old
08-06-2013, 11:54 AM
joshjull

For anyone that has HBO I highly recommend The Crash Reel.

It's an incredible documentary that packs a powerful emotional punch that will stick with you after watching it.

Closed Thread