HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #11

View Poll Results: 11th best Flyers prospect?
MA Bourdon 9 13.43%
Brandon Manning 2 2.99%
Marcel Noebels 29 43.28%
Oliver Lauridsen 16 23.88%
Taylor Leier 4 5.97%
Tyrell Goulbourne 2 2.99%
Frederic Larsson 0 0%
Valeri Vasiliev 1 1.49%
Reece Willcox 0 0%
Kyle Flanagan 4 5.97%
Cal Heeter 0 0%
Michael Parks 0 0%
Maxim Lamarche 0 0%
Matt Konan 0 0%
Merrick Madsen 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-05-2013, 07:24 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #11

1. C Scott Laughton(77.36%)
2. D Samuel Morin(59.70%)
3. D Robert Hagg(69.74%)
4. D Shayne Gostisbehere(66.30%)
5. G Anthony Stolarz(48.15%)
6. C Nick Cousins(77.22%)
7. RW Petr Straka(39.17%)
8. LW Tye McGinn(63.33%)
9. C/RW Jason Akeson(28.28%)
10. D Mark Alt(36.36%)

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
1 vote for wee Kylie Flanagan, the Phantom Leprechaun.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 08:30 PM
bp spec

Marcel Noebels

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 09:19 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Marcel Noebels
This, probably Leier next.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Noebels, but i see him a lot higher.... Next Lauridsen, because of the serious injury of Leier last season

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Cuiff

The Dane showed he could play in the NHL last year. He made some mistakes but those will be corrected with playing time. Ranking him this low is a disgrace

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
The Dane showed he could play in the NHL last year. He made some mistakes but those will be corrected with playing time. Ranking him this low is a disgrace
Lauridsen is an ok AHL d-man, he's not an NHL player right now. He's got potential to be a solid 3rd pairing guy but he's not there yet and being as though everyone we've ranked above has a higher ceiling I don't get what is the disgrace? I don't get where this he showed he can play in the NHL is coming from. He played 15 minutes per game for 15 games in a shortened season when the whole team played like garbage with a crap load of injuries on d when the team didn't have any real options and he admittedly played ok but that doesn't mean he's an NHL d-man.

Lauridsen is very over rated by some on here, I mean someone actually voted for him in the #1 poll and in subsequent polls

Old
08-06-2013, 08:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Went with Bourdon again. Confused as to why some people are saying if he was healthy he would be in the NHL, but then don't vote for him ni these polls. I get not voting for him at the top of the list, but the guys getting votes now are fringe NHLers at best.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Lauridsen is an ok AHL d-man, he's not an NHL player right now. He's got potential to be a solid 3rd pairing guy but he's not there yet and being as though everyone we've ranked above has a higher ceiling I don't get what is the disgrace? I don't get where this he showed he can play in the NHL is coming from. He played 15 minutes per game for 15 games in a shortened season when the whole team played like garbage with a crap load of injuries on d when the team didn't have any real options and he admittedly played ok but that doesn't mean he's an NHL d-man.

Lauridsen is very over rated by some on here, I mean someone actually voted for him in the #1 poll and in subsequent polls
Alt???? He has showen nothing...

Old
08-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Voted Bourdon. He looked like he could be a good 5-6 dman for us. He was physical, willing to fight for his teammates, got the puck to the net, and was pretty decent defensively.

It's a shame he's suffering through concussion symptoms. When I heard he was keeping it a secret for a while so he could still play for the Flyers, I knew I liked this guy, he has the heart to play for this team.

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
I agree. I actually had him higher last time this was done-- but a few superior prospects with high upside push him down a bit. It's going a bit far the wrong direction. Once you get beyond the high pedigree guys and into the guys with promise, but lower pedigree, I have to vote for guys actually showing some sustain in the NHL. I'd have vote for MAB, but his injury..

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:44 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

MAB. If Raffl doesn't qualify I say ad Johnston. I think now that he has made adjustment to pro he will take a big step this year and be a reliable guy in the AHL. He is lightning quick.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:57 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Alt???? He has showen nothing...
He was a 2nd round pick for a reason. He's got the tools, all that doesn't go out the window cause he hasn't had a pro career at 21 (22 yo late this yr). Before we say he hasn't shown anything why don't we let him develop a bit. Oliver is 24 and just saw NHL time and has about 150 pro games under his belt compared to Alt's six. All things considered you can't say Alt hasn't shown anything when hasn't been given a chance yet.

When Alt is 24 if he's doesn't look to have a better future then the Dane then I'll eat my words. Until then I'll go on potential.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He was a 2nd round pick for a reason. He's got the tools, all that doesn't go out the window cause he hasn't had a pro career at 21 (22 yo late this yr). Before we say he hasn't shown anything why don't we let him develop a bit. Oliver is 24 and just saw NHL time and has about 150 pro games under his belt compared to Alt's six. All things considered you can't say Alt hasn't shown anything when hasn't been given a chance yet.

When Alt is 24 if he's doesn't look to have a better future then the Dane then I'll eat my words. Until then I'll go on potential.
He was a disapointment in college.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:24 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Went with Bourdon again. Confused as to why some people are saying if he was healthy he would be in the NHL, but then don't vote for him ni these polls. I get not voting for him at the top of the list, but the guys getting votes now are fringe NHLers at best.
The perspective you mentioned made me not vote for Bourdon since, according to this logic, he isn't really a prospect but a player who would otherwise be in the Flyers line-up were it not for PCS. He already made the leap for all intents and purposes.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 12:26 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
He was a disapointment in college.
By all accounts, he had a decent freshman year, and then took a big step in his sophomore year, over doubling his point total. Everyone is so giddy about Gostisbehere putting up 22 and 26 points in a worse conference, Alt put up 22 points in arguably the best conference in the country. That's certainly something. Then he took a step back in his junior year, and you're writing him off.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 01:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
The perspective you mentioned made me not vote for Bourdon since, according to this logic, he isn't really a prospect but a player who would otherwise be in the Flyers line-up were it not for PCS. He already made the leap for all intents and purposes.
Well if that's the case then I suggest we take him off the list for the next go-round, because I don't see how people can all agree that he is an NHL-level player, then proceed to vote for Mark Alt and Marcel Noebles over him.

Old
08-06-2013, 01:28 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
By all accounts, he had a decent freshman year, and then took a big step in his sophomore year, over doubling his point total. Everyone is so giddy about Gostisbehere putting up 22 and 26 points in a worse conference, Alt put up 22 points in arguably the best conference in the country. That's certainly something. Then he took a step back in his junior year, and you're writing him off.
Alt was also dealing with a very personal matter at the time in his junior year that he didn't tell anyone about until his season ended. I think he can be forgiven that he didn't want a personal matter to affect the rest of the team.

As for this prospect spot, I chose Taylor Leier. The previous season, he was used exclusively in a checking role. This past season, he was given more of a scoring role and scored 30 goals while playing exceptional defense. I have high expectations for Leier that he can be a Jere Lehtinen-type forward in the NHL.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
tymed

Leier for the 3rd time, regardless of the Throwers hit. As mentioned above, I have Lehtinen and Jokinen both in mind when I think about his rounded game.

Id go MAB but between him already having looked like a regular, and the brutal concussion, 'Im just gonna dodge him for now and hope he recovers. He was a really exciting pick.

Last edited by tymed: 08-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:19 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

Quote:
I am not voting for him because of his age. I dont think I am alone in that thinking.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:21 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Alt was also dealing with a very personal matter at the time in his junior year that he didn't tell anyone about until his season ended. I think he can be forgiven that he didn't want a personal matter to affect the rest of the team.

As for this prospect spot, I chose Taylor Leier. The previous season, he was used exclusively in a checking role. This past season, he was given more of a scoring role and scored 30 goals while playing exceptional defense. I have high expectations for Leier that he can be a Jere Lehtinen-type forward in the NHL.
I think both he and Noebels will be surprisingly effective bottom six players. Leier-Laughton-Noebels could be a terrific third line.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I am not voting for him because of his age. I dont think I am alone in that thinking.
He's younger than Lauridsen and less than a year older than McGinn and Akeson.

Old
08-06-2013, 03:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

Quote:
my feelings tword Akeson are no secret.
I think in polls like this guidelines need to be set. At what age will players like Akeson and Bourdon no longer be considered prospects? 25? 26?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I believe HF has a total amount of games a player plays before they're not considered a prospect anymore. I want to say its 60 games?

Bourdon played 46 last year & would have went over the total this year if he was healthy. Barely anyone on here considers him a prospect anymore that's why he's not receiving much votes.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I voted for him to make DFF happy.