HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

We're all in, for BGM

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Clock

vCash: 500
Went to Taste of Clarence yesterday (Clarence is a place, not a man). Was also a car show.

Re-affirmed my belief that Corvettes... no.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:30 PM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Home inspection tomorrow.

One upside right at the moment, with the sale pending, is we can go back to packing without having to be worried about the showing quality. PO Box application is in hand and the next thing is divesting some furniture, selling a few re-sellable items (the bikes, a Burley, a couple AC units, etc...) and such. I figure part of this weekend will be me just emptying out the crap I've saved in the garage for construction over the years. I wonder if Buffalo Reuse would take some of this ****....
Good luck! We actually had our home inspection last Tuesday and all went well. Now the long wait until closing. Can't wait to have FiOS 125 mb/s...As well as a great first home.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Clock

Pretty potent article about how easy / pervasive cyberbullying is over at TheVerge. Insane.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:50 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Went to Taste of Clarence yesterday (Clarence is a place, not a man). Was also a car show.

Re-affirmed my belief that Corvettes... no.
You're about due for a midlife crisis yourself. So, Audi then?

Old
08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
You're about due for a midlife crisis yourself. So, Audi then?
... I'm looking at the ActiveHybrid 3, hoping the mileage gets better in a few years. :\

Old
08-06-2013, 01:16 PM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
For anyone that has HBO I highly recommend The Crash Reel.

It's an incredible documentary that packs a powerful emotional punch that will stick with you after watching it.
Will check it out, thanks for the recommendation. Also, people should check out VICE's HBO series.

Old
08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
(Clarence is a place, not a man).
I just ate lunch with a Clarence. Your statement is false, sir.

Old
08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Pretty potent article about how easy / pervasive cyberbullying is over at TheVerge. Insane.
Thanks for the link.

I've been slowly letting my step-daughter use the internet with less direct oversight. Bullying online scares the **** out of me, but so far I think it's gone well with me being very open and honest with her about what is on the internet, what can happen, what to avoid, etc.

Old
08-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Old Navy Goat

Purchased 2 houses at auction today, one is the typical lipstick on a pig while the other will take some more extensive updating. Leaving them in my assistants capable hands as I'm flying out Friday to Odessa to spend my birthday along the Black Sea.

Meeting up with the British guy whose wedding I attended a couple years ago as he has a few Slavic beauties that are dying to meet me. After all, according to them, Western men are more faithful, dependable, gentle etc which sounds like me to a "T". After the Ukrainian vacation, I'll be heading to Thailand for a few weeks. I'm scheduled to take a few cooking classes in Bangkok so I can impress the ladies with my culinary expertise; so after that arduous work I'll be heading to Pattaya to relax and visit with old friends.

Old
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
This post was the one with the most recent post in the Atlantic division and I was drawn to it because of the title so I had to check it out... I have to say, I'm greatly confused.... What are you guys talking about? lol
The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Old
08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Pikachu
Rookie User

Quote:
In my opinion, Ask.fm should be shut down. That site is basically a hangout for bullies to pick on innocent kids.

Old
08-06-2013, 05:03 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
... I'm looking at the ActiveHybrid 3, hoping the mileage gets better in a few years. :\
If you're going to do the hipster midlife crisis mobile, do it right.

http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster

Old
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Price is coming down on the Chevy Volt to only 35K...

Also, is anyone watching the FX Series "The Bridge"? It's been pretty interesting so far, created by one of the producers of Homeland.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Afino
The Juice

TIL what "subtweeting" is.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:25 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Price is coming down on the Chevy Volt to only 35K...

Also, is anyone watching the FX Series "The Bridge"? It's been pretty interesting so far, created by one of the producers of Homeland.
I'm catching up on The Bridge now. So far I've watched the first 2 episodes. I was unaware the producers of Homeland had their hands on this. Interestingly, I thought the main female character was a little "off" just like the main female character in Homeland

So far, I like the show. I'm looking forward to Breaking Bad and Hell on Wheels this weekend.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:33 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I'm catching up on The Bridge now. So far I've watched the first 2 episodes. I was unaware the producers of Homeland had their hands on this. Interestingly, I thought the main female character was a little "off" just like the main female character in Homeland

So far, I like the show. I'm looking forward to Breaking Bad and Hell on Wheels this weekend.
They haven't explicitly stated it, but the character has Asperger Syndrome. Which is another really interesting thing about the series.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Clock

Quote:

Model S + home solar... nice middle finger there to the global economy. Slobber.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
oldgoalie
thanks Millsie

Quote:
Model S + home solar... nice middle finger there to the global economy. Slobber.
New Bimmer hybrid looks interesting. BMWs are so ****ing expensive to fix though. I know from experience.
Solar is getting cheaper/better, but I would consider geothermal too... 'specially if you have room for the coils or can run them into a pond...

Old
08-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Went to Taste of Clarence yesterday (Clarence is a place, not a man).
We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Old
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
They haven't explicitly stated it, but the character has Asperger Syndrome. Which is another really interesting thing about the series.
ZOMG you spoiled it for me!!! I didn't know she has Aspergers. Now that you say that, it makes sense. It's a good show so far. Once I catch up to the latest episode, I'll talk about it with you. I'll probably have a few questions

Old
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

Go with the Merc: http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspeci...-drive/eng.php

08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
In all fun, I won't be buying a car in the immediate future. My 02 Camry needs quite a bit of work done, but with me working from home, there's no reason why the repairs can't get it over 250k miles (I'm at 170 and change now). My fiancee's car needs to get replaced, I'm hoping to talk her into something like a CRV.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:57 PM
joshjull

Somewhat positive news on the concussion front. I went through a battery of tests at UB on Monday. I believe its the same ones they did on Connolly that discovered the issues he had outside of the concussion (TMJ, neck issues). No TMJ and it looks like my brain is healed but I have issues with my cervical spine and the muscles around it from the whiplash. I also have deficits with my vestibular system (balance). Didn't realize they were as bad as they are. Man there is no where to hide with those tests. I'm going for PT on my cervical spine and also vestibular therapy.

I've also been cleared to do 20mins of cardio on a stationary bike 6 days a week with my heart rate between 125-130bpm. Which is awesome since I've been doing almost nothing since the injury March 8th. Its also good to know that the cervical spine issues can be addressed with PT to elevate the symptoms and my balance can be getting back to normal (for a 42 year old male). It feels AWESOME to feel be back in the game so to speak. That I can be a much more active participant in my recovery. Only negative was I couldn't get started on the PT until early Sept.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:46 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Somewhat positive news on the concussion front. I went through a battery of tests at UB on Monday. I believe its the same ones they did on Connolly that discovered the issues he had outside of the concussion (TMJ, neck issues). No TMJ and it looks like my brain is healed but I have issues with my cervical spine and the muscles around it from the whiplash. I also have deficits with my vestibular system (balance). Didn't realize they were as bad as they are. Man there is no where to hide with those tests. I'm going for PT on my cervical spine and also vestibular therapy.

I've also been cleared to do 20mins of cardio on a stationary bike 6 days a week with my heart rate between 125-130bpm. Which is awesome since I've been doing almost nothing since the injury March 8th. Its also good to know that the cervical spine issues can be addressed with PT to elevate the symptoms and my balance can be getting back to normal (for a 42 year old male). It feels AWESOME to feel be back in the game so to speak. That I can be a much more active participant in my recovery. Only negative was I couldn't get started on the PT until early Sept.
It's been such a long and winding road for you. Glad to see you're on a path to better health.

Nice!

Old
08-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

Congratulations!

Closed Thread