HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread V: Needs to End Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Maybe that's why you defend Sather so much, you weren't old enough to have been around during the start of his dynasty
Whatever, Devils fan.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
08-06-2013, 05:29 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Maybe that's why you defend Sather so much, you weren't old enough to have been around during the start of his dynasty
Meh. I don't defend Sather as much as you seem to think I do. I'm 19, I just can't be bothered to know the adventures of Dom Moore's NYR number

Old
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
Imagine if Prust didn't price himself out... Our lineup is so much harder to play against with him there.

Provided Richards moves to wing and Zuccarello wasn't resigned.

Richards Stepan Nash
Kreider Brassard Callahan
Pouliot Boyle Hagelin
Prust Moore Dorsett

That bottom 6 is a pain in the ass and every single one of them is capable of 10 goals or more (Hagelin and Pouliot hitting 15 approx)

Sigh.
Please don't start this debate again

Old
08-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I just can't be bothered to know the adventures of Dom Moore's NYR number
= Not a real Rangers fan

Old
08-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Whatever, Devils fan.
How am I a Devils' fan? Because I criticize the team? Sorry, I don't wear rose colored glasses

Old
08-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
How am I a Devils' fan? Because I criticize the team? Sorry, I don't wear rose colored glasses
Clowe Knows Best
Grinding Like A Boss

Fits the Devils fan profile.

(If I'm not being clear, I'm ribbing you for your short-sighted choice of username.)

But Devils fans never criticize their team. If you ask them, they're poised for a Stanley Cup run this season.

Old
08-06-2013, 05:51 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Rose-red-Devils color

I'm watchin you

Old
08-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Lindberg Cheese

Quote:
Enjoy Lou's moves, we have Gorton at least. Can the devs even afford an asst. GM?

Old
08-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Lindberg Cheese

Quote:
Clowe Knows Best
Grinding Like A Boss

Fits the Devils fan profile.

(If I'm not being clear, I'm ribbing you for your short-sighted choice of username.)

But Devils fans never criticize their team. If you ask them, they're poised for a Stanley Cup run this season.
Ask him if hockey should have Tee- shirt cannons. The response will determine all.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Someone mentioned drafting McIlrath. I think we need to re-visit our drafting. Everyone swears it has gotten so much better, but the last bonafide star we drafted was Marc Staal in 2005 (don't jump the gun with Stepan--and I supported him about 6 months ago, saying he'd be no. 1 C, when everyone hated him).

Jessiman was like ****ing up a wet dream, then Montoya (6th overall) and Korpikoski. Staal was a sure bet to be a good pick, Sauer--can't blame anyone but maybe him for not opting out, spilled milk... then my memory slips a bit, but in some order, we drafted Sanguinetti, Olver, Cherepanov, Kreider/Stepan, McIlrath/Thomas, Miller, Skjei. I'm missing somebody, I know.

Montoya, Sanguinetti was a bust, Olver we knew was a bust from day 1, Kreider needs to take a lunar step, Stepan was a great 2nd round find (was a reach at that point), McIlrath is developing as a 6th or 7th D would thus far (if even that), Thoas is gone and odds are stacked against him, Miller is developing as a bottom-six player, who knows about Skjei? Not me.

The ONLY franchise player we've drafted in 20+ years is Lundqvist. Lundqvist was in the 9th round. That doesn't make us so good at drafting mid-late, like people say. Who else did we get that way? Hagelin, who, while we use as a top-six W, is a 3rd liner? Callahan, who hasn't been a difference-maker in 2 years? St. Croix, who will not likely make the NHL? We never got Daniel Alfreddson in the 7th. How much better is our drafting with Clark? No better than with Maloney. We keep picking busts and good theoretical players.
everything bolded is ****ing garbage. are you even a Rangers fan? Callahan doesn't make a difference? McIlrath will be a 6th defenseman? Miller is destined to be a bottom 6er? Do you even WATCH the rangers?

Last edited by Jabroni: 08-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Enjoy Lou's moves, we have Gorton at least. Can the devs even afford an asst. GM?
No, they normally have the player who went through the most years of college fill the role.

Old
08-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Ha ha ha now I have to wait till April before the ribbing ends and I can change my name. Well played

Old
08-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
everything bolded is ****ing garbage. are you even a Rangers fan? Callahan doesn't make a difference? McIlrath will be a 6th defenseman? Miller is destined to be a bottom 6er? Do you even WATCH the rangers?
The thing about Sather not drafting an elite talent in decades is very real, and very scary.

Last edited by Jabroni: 08-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The thing about Sather not drafting an elite talent in decades is very real, and very scary.
I agree but at the same time, people here talk so poorly of the players that were drafted it is ridiculous. They may not be "elite" but they sure as hell fill out needs of any given team. Guys that can grind it out and play a tough game, guys that are steady reliable defenseman, two way forwards that play smart games, etc. It is not as doom and gloom as some push it towards.

Last edited by Jabroni: 08-06-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I agree but at the same time, people here talk so poorly of the players that were drafted it is ridiculous. They may not be "elite" but they sure as hell fill out needs of any given team. Guys that can grind it out and play a tough game, guys that are steady reliable defenseman, two way forwards that play smart games, etc. It is not as doom and gloom as some push it towards.
Its called criticism. Deal with it. I havent met one successful person that hasnt. I don't see people over here ******** all over these kids. I see plenty of legitimate questions and concerns followed by snippy rebuttals about how these guys are young, or misused, or waiting to break out. Excuses. Whenever your counterargument is "Well, it could be worse," you've already lost the argument. I think Clark is doing an OK job given the circumstances, which involve a GM consistently stealing money out of his budget to pay people not to play hockey.

OK jobs dont win championships.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Aug 6, 2013 11:37a

I'll hit @TheGarden ice On Oct. 28 for home opener with @NYRangers for the 1st time since 2006. That night is also Katie's birthday. #28

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/mooredom/status/364772190111019008
Must be a really emotional night when the Rangers play the home-opener. It's also my birthday, by the way. Never knew his wife's birthday was also 28th of October.

08-06-2013, 09:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Its called criticism. Deal with it. I havent met one successful person that hasnt. I don't see people over here ******** all over these kids. I see plenty of legitimate questions and concerns followed by snippy rebuttals about how these guys are young, or misused, or waiting to break out. Excuses. Whenever your counterargument is "Well, it could be worse," you've already lost the argument. I think Clark is doing an OK job given the circumstances, which involve a GM consistently stealing money out of his budget to pay people not to play hockey.

OK jobs dont win championships.
I'm not giving him a free pass. But how many top 5 or even top 10 picks has this franchise had in the last decade? When your team is generally a middle of the pack performer you end up with mid 1st round picks who are typically far from sure things. Many people seem to think that every 1st rounder should become a top 6 forward or first pair dman...but that's simply not the case. Look at the top teams...quite a few have been able to build their franchise around 1 or more top 3 overall picks. It's not a necessity...but it sure does help.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Whatever, Devils fan.
So now you're automatically a Devils fan if you dare to criticize that pos who's been our GM for 8 years too long already?

Last edited by Jabroni: 08-06-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: flaming.
Old
08-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
So now you're automatically a Devils fan if you dare to criticize that pos who's been our GM for 8 years too long already? Time to either wake up or get your head out of your ass and see things for what they are with this team!
Sweet baby Jesus...

Old
08-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Come on now. You know you're not allowed to break the cardinal rule of these boards by being critical of the Rangers! That's a definite no no dude. We as Ranger's fans must act like an ostrich by burying our collective heads in the sand when it come's to the wonderful management of the Rangers. Shame on you for not knowing that!

Old
08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

How about Ruutu Rask McGinn 1st to Rangers for Staal and Boyle?

Old
08-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
You asking that question is like the pot calling the kettle black. What exactly are McIIrath and Miller destined to be might I ask?

Old
08-06-2013, 10:15 PM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

It's not the GM, it's the owner. Dolan just gives out blank checks to Sather instead of facilitating a proper rebuild. That's why small market teams usually are the ones to tank. They don't have the financial resources to artificially sustain a dying window. Then again Lundqvist's and to an extent Jagr's play were also a factor. IMO the first few years after the 2004 lockout should have also been in rebuild mode, but instead we went with a "competitive" rebuild . Some of you anti-Sather crusaders should look a little more in depth than give yourself another pat on the back. Blame Sather, how easy.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You asking that question is like the pot calling the kettle black. What exactly are McIIrath and Miller destined to be might I ask?
Nothing. Like every other prospect there's a wide spectrum of outcomes for them.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Nothing. Like every other prospect there's a wide spectrum of outcomes for them.
Don't get me wrong pal, I like Miller and I had no major issue with drafting McIIrath either even though the rule of thought is "you draft the best player available that early in the draft(Fowler?, etc). I think Miller can eventually become a top 6 player and I'm praying that McIIrath will fill a big void this team has had since Beuk was forced to retire

Closed Thread