HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Zilo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
We had to released Iapichino because Rivas is set to come back.
If true, merry christmas ahead of time that would be huge

Old
08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
We had to released Iapichino because Rivas is set to come back.

That would be amazing. Deepest defense by far in the MLS with Nesta, Ferrari, Rivas & Piscu. I guess that makes Camara a permanent RB for the next year and a half. We honestly just need to get passed the group stage of the champions league and I sincerely think we could do something interesting down the road. We're just missing that little something offensively. Similarly to how the signature of Piscu took us to a whole new level, I feel we're missing one attacking player (ST/LW/RW) that can take the depth and quality of this team to a top tier category

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 08-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old
08-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Zilo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post

That would be amazing. Deepest defense by far in the MLS with Nesta, Ferrari, Rivas & Piscu. I guess that makes Camara a permanent RB for the next year and a half
No problem with that Camara is solid at RB.

Was thinking about this last week when they announced Di Vaio could leave at the end of the year. If Marco were to go back to Italy, do you guys think De Santis would go after Occean ? And would he be a dominating force in the league ?

Old
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilo44 View Post
No problem with that Camara is solid at RB.

Was thinking about this last week when they announced Di Vaio could leave at the end of the year. If Marco were to go back to Italy, do you guys think De Santis would go after Occean ? And would he be a dominating force in the league ?
Occean would be our own Clint Dempsey & Quite honnestly don't see how he wouldn't fit in the MLS, especially physically. Occean is a TANK. He dominates the 2.Bundesliga but he can't establish himself in the Bundesliga. I think he'll realise that after his current loan-stint in the Second Division and seek a new challenge. Hopefully MTL it is.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Fun read:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=963165

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1078725

Versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the Montreal Impact threads. Boy have things changed!

Old
08-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Occean would be our own Clint Dempsey & Quite honnestly don't see how he wouldn't fit in the MLS, especially physically. Occean is a TANK. He dominates the 2.Bundesliga but he can't establish himself in the Bundesliga. I think he'll realise that after his current loan-stint in the Second Division and seek a new challenge. Hopefully MTL it is.
I don't think Occean is on the level of Dempsey, Occean doesn't get the DP stample. But he'd be a pretty good player to add to our line up tho.

Camara can also play DMC, he is a valuable asset due to his versatility.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Zilo44

Quote:
When does his contract end ?
And I have trouble believing that the Impact is not on par with 2. Bundesliga teams skillwise and salarywise although I have to admit I have NEVER watched a 2.Bundesliga game. But by referring to the fact we tied OL (even though it was their training camp) with a ****** line up, I can't believe the MLS is way below Germany 2.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:00 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I don't think Occean is on the level of Dempsey, Occean doesn't get the DP stample. But he'd be a pretty good player to add to our line up tho.

Camara can also play DMC, he is a valuable asset due to his versatility.
Dempsey is the USMNT's "BIG Star". And I think its fair to say that Occean is one of CANMNT's "Stars" That was the comparaison I was trying to draw. The influence of Occean's signing on the Montreal market could be similar to the one of Dempsey in the American market. Thats all I'm trying to say. The "Local Hero" card. Especially if he gets the DP tag

Old
08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Bud2790

66800 tickets sold for the Timbers vs Sounders game on August 25th, Dempey's first home game

Old
08-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Dempsey is the USMNT's "BIG Star". And I think its fair to say that Occean is one of CANMNT's "Stars" That was the comparaison I was trying to draw. The influence of Occean's signing on the Montreal market could be similar to the one of Dempsey in the American market. Thats all I'm trying to say. The "Local Hero" card. Especially if he gets the DP tag
Ah I see your point... sorry I misinterpreted what you meant. Also after making a small research, yes Occéan would drag a DP tag, he earns way too much in europe, not to.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Captain Saku

Camara sucks at CB and DM. He's perfect as a RB.

The Impact hasn't announced anything regarding the release of Îapichino, I'm wondering if the news are true. It was Marinaro who reported it in the end.

Concerning Occean, there's a huge difference between Dempsey and him. Dempsey is the most paid DP ever, Occean is borderline DP, it's more an indication on how much the CANMNT sucks comparing to the USMNT.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Issacar

I wouldn,t say Camara sucks as DM, mostly when he hasn't played that position in years. DM is also his natural position.

Given that Olivier Occéan earns around 30k per week, he is easily a DP. As a matter of fact, any player who earns more then 4.2k per week needs a DP tag. He's paid like 7x more then the MLS salary cap allows.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Maxpac

You get payed 30 K a week in Bundesliga 2nd dividion?

Old
08-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You get payed 30 K a week in Bundesliga 2nd dividion?
Keep in mind that his contract was pro-rated after his previous team was promoted to the first division. Maybe he has a new contract after being transfered, I don't know this much, there is very little infromation on his salary.

But yes some D2 players around europe can earn this much if they have the talent level to earn as much. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to earn a promotion in D1 and hope to compete enough to remain in D1.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Issacar

I will also note that it's not uncommon to see a team with a player earning 100k per week while the least paid payer is paid 5k per week (see ManU level teams).

Interestingly, Occéean was transfered for less then 900k, so Joey Saputo wouldn't have to throw too much money to acquire him (I'd say 1.5M$ max, which is scrap money for a billionaire extraordinaire).

Old
08-06-2013, 11:50 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
I dont think you were comparing Occean to Dempsey so I get your point, but I think he should stay in Europe he is still unproven, he has a good 3 more years. If Di Vaio lets bring in someone like Rocchi for 6 months (until we get a new DP).

And Occean is no DP, no matter what his salary is.

Old
08-07-2013, 01:52 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

I'm excited. I'll be at the stadium tomorrow. Hopefully, they play a more cohesive game.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Keep in mind that his contract was pro-rated after his previous team was promoted to the first division. Maybe he has a new contract after being transfered, I don't know this much, there is very little infromation on his salary.

But yes some D2 players around europe can earn this much if they have the talent level to earn as much. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to earn a promotion in D1 and hope to compete enough to remain in D1.
All players must sign new contracts after being transferred. I really don't think D2 clubs can afford to pay a player 30k/week.

I don't really know his team's situation but if Occean is one of the best players on the team, he might earn around 15k/week.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Captain Saku

Occean is not young. He's already 31.
If we acquire him next season we can give him Nesta's money 800k without him counting as a DP by applying allocation money.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Habsland35

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 43m

Hearing #IMFC will look like this tonight. (4-4-2) Bush, Brovsky, Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Warner, Bernardello, Mapp, Romero, Paponi, Di Vaio

Old
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 43m

Hearing #IMFC will look like this tonight. (4-4-2) Bush, Brovsky, Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Warner, Bernardello, Mapp, Romero, Paponi, Di Vaio
Dont mind this lineup. Warner was very good in his last game. Kind of miffed at why they dont just start Perkins. He's not tired.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
MTLAzzurri

Heading to the game tonight, hopefully we can see the two new signings.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:42 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Dont mind this lineup. Warner was very good in his last game. Kind of miffed at why they dont just start Perkins. He's not tired.
Bush was promised the entire Canadian Championship and since he won it, I guess they decided to go with him in the CCL.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Captain Saku

The problem with playing Warner is that both him and Bernardello are strictly defensive players. I'm worried about attack support and getting the ball to Di Vaio and Paponi.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
The problem with playing Warner is that both him and Bernardello are strictly defensive players. I'm worried about attack support and getting the ball to Di Vaio and Paponi.
Bernadello is im sure more than fine at moving the ball effectively. And Warner is actually good moving the ball box-to-box. He just can't shoot.

Closed Thread