HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Season GDT Templates and sign-up

Old
08-05-2013, 08:45 PM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
I would be happy to sign up to some games. Having a template makes it so much easier to post.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Preds33

As far as the Line-Up portion of the GDT goes, how does something like this look?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:58 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
As far as the Line-Up portion of the GDT goes, how does something like this look?

I like the idea, but don't quite like how that looks. IMHO. I wonder what those lines would look like with a guitar fretboard behind each set.

Again, my $0.02; but the headers don't look right with the size and style of those picks.

I love the player picks in general though!!

Also, in general... I am all for nice looking GDT, so much so, that i created the thread and sign up.
However, I don't want to exclude people that like to make them but don't have the time to spend/ waste on making graphics and looking up stats and such.

I think having a couple templates that could be copied and used while just having to update specific game and team numbers is a nice idea. You can find most all of the information needed on NHL.com preview, Ontheforecheck.com preview, Smashville247.net preview, or any other number of websites and blogs.

Last edited by jntarheels: 08-06-2013 at 12:07 AM.
jntarheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntarheels View Post
I like the idea, but don't quite like how that looks. IMHO. I wonder what those lines would look like with a guitar fretboard behind each set.

Again, my $0.02; but the headers don't look right with the size and style of those picks.

Also, in general... I am all for nice looking GDT, so much so, that i created the thread and sign up.
However, I don't want to exclude people that like to make them but don't have the time to spend/ waste on making graphics and looking up stats and such.

I think having a couple templates that could be copied and used while just having to update specific game and team numbers is a nice idea. You can find most all of the information needed on NHL.com preview, Ontheforecheck.com preview, Smashville247.net preview, or any other number of websites and blogs.

I actually like this idea of the guitar. My only thing is that would require the lineup to be a full graphic like I did in that example. My intent of that was to create a mock-up that would be converted to the board code so it could be posted by anyone without challenge. I think I may be able to incorporate the guitar idea in the headers though. I will try another mockup tonight.

Old
08-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Preds33

Quote:

I have tried 2 different color themes for the headers using the guitar background, one I tried to keep the blue brushed metal background from the picks, the other I went with a wooden background.

Metal:

Wooden:

Old
08-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Does anyone have the font that the preds use for the numbers and letters on the jersey?

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 12:55 AM
jntarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Does anyone have the font that the preds use for the numbers and letters on the jersey?
I have never been able to find a specific font name or font style that matches the Preds.

I do have the actual letters and jersey numbers in a PNG or PSD file which i have attached.

Quote:
I have tried 2 different color themes for the headers using the guitar background, one I tried to keep the blue brushed metal background from the picks, the other I went with a wooden background.

Metal:

Wooden:

I like both of those, what do they look like in your projected line up style that you did before?
Attached Images
File Type: psd Numbers-NSH.psd‎ (368.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png Numbers-NSH.png‎ (18.4 KB, 4 views)

Old
08-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Preds33

Quote:
I like both of those, what do they look like in your projected line up style that you did before?
I am just going to post one line for each header for the moment for the sake of time.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Old
08-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Preds33

After looking at that, I think I need to darken the blue on the headers just a little so that it matches the picks a little better. That and flip the blue Defense header so that it is the opposite of the other two.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
I have never been able to find a specific font name or font style that matches the Preds.

I do have the actual letters and jersey numbers in a PNG or PSD file which i have attached.
Thanks for posting, sadly that won't help me since I don't have photoshop! I use Excel for all my graphic making.. haha

Old
08-07-2013, 11:38 AM
jntarheels

Quote:
Thanks for posting, sadly that won't help me since I don't have photoshop! I use Excel for all my graphic making.. haha
If saving it as a jpeg or something else would help, Let me know.

Also, I have another graphic that i have been working on the last couple days while on the plane travelling for work.

Tell me what you guys think.
It is fully customizable for each game. As far as the team icon, Home or Away, and the actual team stats.

Last edited by jntarheels: 08-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
08-07-2013, 04:52 PM
jntarheels

I have a photobucket account that I have been using for my graphics and free image hosting that I have loaded all of my pre-made 2013-2014 gameday match-ups, a photo of every NHL arena in the league, and a few other things that I wanted to share with everyone.

Photobucket Album

Last edited by jntarheels: 08-07-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old
08-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33
After looking at that, I think I need to darken the blue on the headers just a little so that it matches the picks a little better. That and flip the blue Defense header so that it is the opposite of the other two.

The blue ones are updated

Old
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
If saving it as a jpeg or something else would help, Let me know.

Also, I have another graphic that i have been working on the last couple days while on the plane travelling for work.

Tell me what you guys think.
It is fully customizable for each game. As far as the team icon, Home or Away, and the actual team stats.

The problem I'm running into is trying to make the background transparent in excel, but it's damn near impossible. I really wish i had the patience to learn photoshop.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Preds33

Quote:
The problem I'm running into is trying to make the background transparent in excel, but it's damn near impossible. I really wish i had the patience to learn photoshop.
try this site, it's essentially a waterdowned version of photoshop and lets you do some of the basics that photoshop allows.

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Old
08-07-2013, 10:45 PM
jntarheels

Quote:
try this site, it's essentially a waterdowned version of photoshop and lets you do some of the basics that photoshop allows.

http://pixlr.com/editor/
I have also heard Gimp is pretty good freeware for photo-editing and graphic making.

http://www.gimp.org/

Last edited by jntarheels: 08-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old
08-08-2013, 10:05 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Man, does this group need some ****ing hockey

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:54 PM
jntarheels

I have changed the first 2 post in this thread to just the signup and just the templates.

If anyone would like to start requesting particular games this year that you would like to do, I will add it to the list.

I think it would be best to make it first come, first serve. If there is any conflicts, the 2 users can discuss between themselves if the second person has a particular reason or interest in that specific game.

I am hoping maybe this thread will get stickied by an Admin, as I think it would be nice to have handy.

Old
08-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
I have changed the first 2 post in this thread to just the signup and just the templates.

If anyone would like to start requesting particular games this year that you would like to do, I will add it to the list.

I think it would be best to make it first come, first serve. If there is any conflicts, the 2 users can discuss between themselves if the second person has a particular reason or interest in that specific game.

I am hoping maybe this thread will get stickied by an Admin, as I think it would be nice to have handy.
I'll take care of it if we (the mods) decide to go with the signup idea.

If we do, I'll make a spreadsheet in excel and edit it into this post and keep track of GDT maker's records, etc. I'd say best winning percentage would have dibs on playoff GDT's.

Old
08-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Preds33

Something else I put together. A sample of another graphic that could be used in the game lineups

Last edited by Preds33: 08-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old
08-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I like that. Very edgy (and sort of reptilian)!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 11:09 AM
jntarheels

Any updates on the possibility of a GDT signup and any other templates that anyone has?

Old
09-27-2013, 08:18 AM
jntarheels

With the season starting in less than a week, I wanted to see if the GDT signup was going to happen and if not if we could sort of use this thread as a "dibs" type of place so the people that spend a bunch of time on threads aren't working on the same game as someone else.

Oh and, Go Perds!!!!

Old
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Preds33

If anyone is interested in using them for GDT's, I have updated my "Guitar Pick" player graphics. It is still hard to find good pics for a few players though. I am working on updating the other player lineup card I was working on.

http://smashville.net/home/index.php/guitar-picks

Old
09-29-2013, 10:53 PM
hockey diva

I think this looks great and will sign up to do a few games if I can use this template. And have someone walk me thru how to do.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote