HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Who Will Win in a Best-of-Seven Series? Chicago vs Los Angeles

View Poll Results: Who will win in a best-of-seven series?
Chicago Blackhawks 31 57.41%
Los Angeles Kings 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Who Will Win in a Best-of-Seven Series? Chicago vs Los Angeles

Below are how the playoffs were voted.

Who do you think will win in a best-of-seven series? Chicago or Los Angeles?

Pacific Division Quarterfinals:
Los Angeles Kings over Anaheim Ducks
San Jose Sharks over Vancouver Canucks

Central Division Semifinals:
Chicago Blackhawks over Dallas Stars
St. Louis Blues over Minnesota Wild

---------------------------------------------------------

Pacific Division Final:
Los Angeles Kings over San Jose Sharks

Central Division Final:
Chicago Blackhawks over St. Louis

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
08-06-2013, 09:17 PM
RomersWorld

vCash: 500
Flip a coin IMO. Depends on who is more healthy and which team's young guys/new acquisitions play out. Both teams have young talent that could be the difference depending on their improvements.

I'll be a homer and pick Hawks.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

good old off-season team v team polls. Just saw this, so I'll base my vote on that even though this is a forward looking poll. I'm thinking this is the WCF again, BTW.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Still riding the Hawks

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
08-06-2013, 09:46 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I love how HF is picking the exact same WFC, ECF, and the it looks Cup Finals. Has that ever happened before in real-life in back-to-back years?

Old
08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Chicago Blackhawks.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:03 PM
SensBruins4Ever

vCash: 5640
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I love how HF is picking the exact same WFC, ECF, and the it looks Cup Finals. Has that ever happened before in real-life in back-to-back years?
Its been a long time since a team won back to back cups. It could happen, but i am going to go out on a limb here and predict that all these predictions will be wrong come.

If i had to choose one out of those two, i would choose the hawks.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:09 PM
FilthyNote*

You know... we could just end all of these polls by making a thread titled "Are the Hawks better than every other team in the west?"

Old
08-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
You know... we could just end all of these polls by making a thread titled "Are the Hawks better than every other team in the west?"
I guess I could have done that. But then I'd have to do the same with either Boston or Pittsburgh as well, then have them face off.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:14 PM
RSeen

LA. My preseason favourite to win the Cup.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
SimpleJack

Hawks. Best out west, again.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Similar to what people were saying in the SJ/VAN and SJ/LA threads, we just saw this series a few months ago. Both teams look to be pretty much the same next season as they were when they matched up in the playoffs this past year.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:56 PM
EbonyRaptor

I don't think the Hawks got the best the Kings could play in the WCF. Kopitar, Brown and Doughty seemed to be snake bit, and they were missing Mitchell.

The changes to the Kings roster going into 2013/14 make them a better team. They lost Penner, Richardson and Bernier, but Toffoli and Frattin are better anyway and even if Bernier is better than Scrivens it doesn't matter because Quick is playing all the playoff games anyway. If Mitchell can come back and return to form, the Kings are an improved team in my opinion.

On the other hand, the Hawks lost three key players - Bolland, Frolik and Stalberg. None of those guys are top-6 players but each of them fit a role and played it well. At least two of those spots will be filled with rookies, if not all three. With a quarter of the forwards being rookies - who knows how they will play? I guess a positive spin on that would be that by the time the playoffs roll around they shouldn't be playing like rookies anymore. At least the d-corps returns intact and Crawford is still there.

If the Hawks rookies play well, I'll pick the Hawks. If the rookies can't fill those skates, I'll pick LA.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:05 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Chicago. Although, expect the Kings to give them everything they can handle. The series should be six games at the very least.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:05 PM
SimpleJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I don't think the Hawks got the best the Kings could play in the WCF. Kopitar, Brown and Doughty seemed to be snake bit, and they were missing Mitchell.

The changes to the Kings roster going into 2013/14 make them a better team. They lost Penner, Richardson and Bernier, but Toffoli and Frattin are better anyway and even if Bernier is better than Scrivens it doesn't matter because Quick is playing all the playoff games anyway. If Mitchell can come back and return to form, the Kings are an improved team in my opinion.

On the other hand, the Hawks lost three key players - Bolland, Frolik and Stalberg. None of those guys are top-6 players but each of them fit a role and played it well. At least two of those spots will be filled with rookies, if not all three. With a quarter of the forwards being rookies - who knows how they will play? I guess a positive spin on that would be that by the time the playoffs roll around they shouldn't be playing like rookies anymore. At least the d-corps returns intact and Crawford is still there.

If the Hawks rookies play well, I'll pick the Hawks. If the rookies can't fill those skates, I'll pick LA.

I agree with a lot of what you said, i think the Kings overall quality at forward should be better than it was last year, while ours has more of a chance to dip, but that might only be initially as we work out which Rockford boys will be more productive. Dont forget though about LA's loss of Scuderi, and like u mentioned our D is back at full strength. A lot of our key players as well were banged up and not fully functioning in the conference finals too. Come playoff time your right, the rookies importance wont be enough to decide games. We still have more than enough depth to play with LA without relying too much on rookies.

Old
08-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

St. Louis is missing from this equation.

Old
08-07-2013, 12:46 AM
29MacKinnon29
Adios#26, welcome#12

Good series, going with the Hawks again!

Old
08-07-2013, 01:42 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
Sucks how the polls went making these matchups (SJ/VAN again in first round) so it just leads to the same matchups we saw this past playoffs. I think LA would win out this time - healthy Mike Richards.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Hammer Time

vCash: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post

Yep, Richards was out for part of the series and Kopitar was playing hurt this year. Chicago can still win, but this is a lot closer.

I voted LA just so we don't end up with the same teams in the finals again.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Flip a coin IMO. Depends on who is more healthy and which team's young guys/new acquisitions play out. Both teams have young talent that could be the difference depending on their improvements.

I'll be a homer and pick Hawks.
Pretty much this and I'll take my Kings.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
St. Louis is missing from this equation.
IMO the winner of the West will be the team who doesn't face LA, Chicago, or St. Louis until the WCF. Whichever series happens in the semis or even the 1st round will take too much out of the winner.

Old
08-07-2013, 11:14 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
So Aaron Baddeley

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
I'll take LA. I think they could ground down the hawks, it's quite close.

That said, LA's play relies on more size and less skill. They also have Doughty and Quick. Quick at his best is better than Crawford's best. As long as there isn't a major choke team wide, I think they pull it off.

Old
08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
SimpleJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
I'll take LA. I think they could ground down the hawks, it's quite close.

That said, LA's play relies on more size and less skill. They also have Doughty and Quick. Quick at his best is better than Crawford's best. As long as there isn't a major choke team wide, I think they pull it off.

The probly i have with ur argument is that it sounds just like the EXACT same argument Kings fans had goin into the conference finals this year.....clearly those factors aren't what matter in this particular matchup. Relying on more size and less skill, despite what some may think, is actually a bad thing against the Hawks.

Old
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
The probly i have with ur argument is that it sounds just like the EXACT same argument Kings fans had goin into the conference finals this year.....clearly those factors aren't what matter in this particular matchup. Relying on more size and less skill, despite what some may think, is actually a bad thing against the Hawks.
...whcih is why the moves mentioned above, Toffoli and Frattin, are a net gain.

Assuming both teams are fully healthy and there isn't some sort of choke job going on, it's a coin flip, maybe slight edge Hawks just based on the matchup alone (they've typically owned us over the last couple of years--that speed and transition counterpunch wrecks us every time--OT Game 5, anyone?)

I'm sure the Hawks young replacements will fit in just fine, but this time, I'm taking Kings in 7 (Mitchell is the X-Factor).

Old
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
SimpleJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
...whcih is why the moves mentioned above, Toffoli and Frattin, are a net gain.

Assuming both teams are fully healthy and there isn't some sort of choke job going on, it's a coin flip, maybe slight edge Hawks just based on the matchup alone (they've typically owned us over the last couple of years--that speed and transition counterpunch wrecks us every time--OT Game 5, anyone?)

I'm sure the Hawks young replacements will fit in just fine, but this time, I'm taking Kings in 7 (Mitchell is the X-Factor).

Yeah i agree, as i said in my initial post, that the Kings forwards as a whole are probly gonna be slightly better than they were last year, with added speed and skill from those players u mentioned. Toffoli in particular i think is gonna be special. Still though, as u mentioned, the Hawks seem to have the favor in this matchup, largely because of their ability to make Quick look human quite easily, where he looks untouchable against all other teams. I think both teams will have a few new players on offense to add to their forward depth, and while the players the Kings are expecting to contribute (Frattin, Toffoli, and Mitchell) are better than the Hawks new cast of youngsters, i still dont think its gonna be enough to make up for the overall difference in strength at forward and puck possession.

Closed Thread