HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2013, 07:37 AM
  #26
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Leaving tomorrow at 4 AM to start my drive to New Hampshire. Stopping in Rock Springs, Wyoming (WHERE?); Des Moines, Iowa (the place I vowed to NEVER go again), and Buffalo, NY. If anyone knows good places to eat in Buffalo or Des Moines that are cheaper (doubt anyone will) that'd be great. If I go more insane, blame the fact I'm basically driving 12 hrs a day by myself for 4 days.
I'll have to talk to my parents and see if I remember this right, but there's a casino around Des Moines that's a Vegas style all you can eat buffet for like 6 bucks that they are always raving about... Let me know if you stop elsewhere in the Midwest and I may be able to help you out with some other recommendations.


Last edited by tigermask48: 07-31-2013 at 07:43 AM.
tigermask48 is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 07:16 PM
  #27
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I'll have to talk to my parents and see if I remember this right, but there's a casino around Des Moines that's a Vegas style all you can eat buffet for like 6 bucks that they are always raving about... Let me know if you stop elsewhere in the Midwest and I may be able to help you out with some other recommendations.
A bit late. Already made it to New Hampshire.

Thanks for trying though!

13 hrs of driving a day for 3 days and then 8 today. Move in tomorrow and should have actual internet and not hotel internet tomorrow.

PS. Des Moines sucks. Was there for a hockey tourney a few years ago and this confirmed my old belief that Iowa is useless. But now I hate Illinois, Indiana, OHIO, New York, and every other ****ing state that charges to take a highway.

CNS is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
  #28
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
A bit late. Already made it to New Hampshire.

Thanks for trying though!

13 hrs of driving a day for 3 days and then 8 today. Move in tomorrow and should have actual internet and not hotel internet tomorrow.

PS. Des Moines sucks. Was there for a hockey tourney a few years ago and this confirmed my old belief that Iowa is useless. But now I hate Illinois, Indiana, OHIO, New York, and every other ****ing state that charges to take a highway.
I didn't even look at the time or date... FAIL.
Birthday hangover apparently threw my ability to know what day it is out of whack.

Des Moines is awful. When the one thing you're known for is the band Slipknot, you're terrible...

Indiana has perhaps the worst toll roads ever. I drove to South Bend to watch my little brother play against Notre Dame years ago, I get on the tolls just past Gary, Indiana (yesh, that place is terrifying...) and you get a stamped ticket when you enter the road. I did about 5 mph over the speed limit which I think was 55 or 60, go to get off on the exit. I pull up to the booth where you pay for how long you used the tolls, and guy comes back to the window hands me my change and then goes "and here's your speeding ticket, you have a nice day." I question him on it and he proceeds to explain that they know exactly how long it should take you to drive all the roads, you get there before the time, and it's proof you were speeding... Screw Indiana!

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
  #29
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I didn't even look at the time or date... FAIL.
Birthday hangover apparently threw my ability to know what day it is out of whack.

Des Moines is awful. When the one thing you're known for is the band Slipknot, you're terrible...

Indiana has perhaps the worst toll roads ever. I drove to South Bend to watch my little brother play against Notre Dame years ago, I get on the tolls just past Gary, Indiana (yesh, that place is terrifying...) and you get a stamped ticket when you enter the road. I did about 5 mph over the speed limit which I think was 55 or 60, go to get off on the exit. I pull up to the booth where you pay for how long you used the tolls, and guy comes back to the window hands me my change and then goes "and here's your speeding ticket, you have a nice day." I question him on it and he proceeds to explain that they know exactly how long it should take you to drive all the roads, you get there before the time, and it's proof you were speeding... Screw Indiana!


That's hysterical actually. I got ZERO tickets. Which is shocking. Cause I speed. I drove sorta slow though.

But seriously...from just outside of Reno all the way to Iowa, the speed limit on I80 is 75 MPH. Then Iowa makes you slow down to 70 to stare at their ****ing corn. AND the next day it rained the entire time I was in the state. Such a useless state.

I wore my U of Michigan and made a point of it to stop in South Bend to get coffee and gas. Cause **** you ND. Your school is awful.

CNS is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 09:05 PM
  #30
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
I want my Kings back. I don't want to suffer through Phillies baseball anymore. October please come faster

jml87 is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 10:54 PM
  #31
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
If you could pick any player in the league and swap him in for any roster player on the kings, who would you pick? Keep in mind that swapping out a nolan, lewis or king could be detrimental to the functioning of our depth so be careful. Who do you got?

HolyShot* is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 11:28 PM
  #32
imnotmad
Registered User
 
imnotmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
More pantera, less manson at games.
Hadn't thought of that. But yes.

imnotmad is offline  
Old
08-01-2013, 11:33 PM
  #33
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post


That's hysterical actually. I got ZERO tickets. Which is shocking. Cause I speed. I drove sorta slow though.

But seriously...from just outside of Reno all the way to Iowa, the speed limit on I80 is 75 MPH. Then Iowa makes you slow down to 70 to stare at their ****ing corn. AND the next day it rained the entire time I was in the state. Such a useless state.

I wore my U of Michigan and made a point of it to stop in South Bend to get coffee and gas. Cause **** you ND. Your school is awful.
Iowa and NE have Runza's though so they aren't entirely worthless.

UND is one of the more ridiculous campus's there are but then it is a GREAT place to watch hockey and the people are really nice around there. You want a treat in ND head off to Rugby. It is the geographical center of NA. Don't sneeze cause you will literally drive right through the place though.

Reno has allot of great places to go and things to see. I highly recommend the Sushi Bar at the Atlantis. If you go there ask for Chun and tell her "Guy from Canada sent you". Its fresh good and ayce at $16 u.s. If you get Chun just tell her to use her imagination. She is a master Sushi chef and will run the gambit for you. I have known her for a few years and have never ordered anything, she just knows what I like and makes things based around my tastes.

As good as anyplace I have been.

Go to the top of Mount Rose and walk around. Lots of great views.

If you are making the drive back or through there again drive the 6 through UT and stop in Helper. Go to the "Museum" there. Walk out back and you will know why I recommend it. Once in a lifetime experience.

Lots of good hockey on that trip too.

etherialone is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 03:31 PM
  #34
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Iowa and NE have Runza's though so they aren't entirely worthless.

UND is one of the more ridiculous campus's there are but then it is a GREAT place to watch hockey and the people are really nice around there. You want a treat in ND head off to Rugby. It is the geographical center of NA. Don't sneeze cause you will literally drive right through the place though.

Reno has allot of great places to go and things to see. I highly recommend the Sushi Bar at the Atlantis. If you go there ask for Chun and tell her "Guy from Canada sent you". Its fresh good and ayce at $16 u.s. If you get Chun just tell her to use her imagination. She is a master Sushi chef and will run the gambit for you. I have known her for a few years and have never ordered anything, she just knows what I like and makes things based around my tastes.

As good as anyplace I have been.

Go to the top of Mount Rose and walk around. Lots of great views.

If you are making the drive back or through there again drive the 6 through UT and stop in Helper. Go to the "Museum" there. Walk out back and you will know why I recommend it. Once in a lifetime experience.

Lots of good hockey on that trip too.
Already settled in to my apartment in New Hampshire. I've been to Reno a bit to play hockey as a kid. And I stopped there for coffee and the barista chick was hot so that was cool. Overall though I just hate Nevada. So hot and nothing to do. And I ESPECIALLY hate Vegas (and Pokey Reddick (And yes the two are connected)).

It was a fun trip but REALLY hard. 13 hrs on the road for 3 days then 8 the last. And then the next day I had to move all my **** in to my 3rd floor apartment that has no elevator. And had to move my roommates stuff in. So now it's time to relax a bit and do ****ing nothing for a while.

Also, my wireless network is called "NSA Research Center". Just for ***** and giggles.

CNS is offline  
Old
08-04-2013, 01:04 AM
  #35
ElKingsFan92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hollywood/Lakewood
Country: United States
Posts: 768
vCash: 500
So two of my roommates moved out of the house I rent with them; one because of money, the other because of the girlfriend. It's a bit stressful because the other three guys that live with me and I are trying to find new people to move in desperately.

ElKingsFan92 is offline  
Old
08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
  #36
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas
 
King RAZZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 16,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Already settled in to my apartment in New Hampshire. I've been to Reno a bit to play hockey as a kid. And I stopped there for coffee and the barista chick was hot so that was cool. Overall though I just hate Nevada. So hot and nothing to do. And I ESPECIALLY hate Vegas (and Pokey Reddick (And yes the two are connected)).

It was a fun trip but REALLY hard. 13 hrs on the road for 3 days then 8 the last. And then the next day I had to move all my **** in to my 3rd floor apartment that has no elevator. And had to move my roommates stuff in. So now it's time to relax a bit and do ****ing nothing for a while.

Also, my wireless network is called "NSA Research Center". Just for ***** and giggles.
I've been living in Vegas for 10 and a half years...and I STILL haven't gotten used to the heat... The one advantage is that it's a 24 hour city...and I can go grocery shopping at 2AM without getting bothered (either at the store or on the bus)... The winters are near perfect (almost like they were in Huntington Beach when I was there...minus the rain)...

King RAZZ is offline  
Old
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
  #37
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I've been living in Vegas for 10 and a half years...and I STILL haven't gotten used to the heat... The one advantage is that it's a 24 hour city...and I can go grocery shopping at 2AM without getting bothered (either at the store or on the bus)... The winters are near perfect (almost like they were in Huntington Beach when I was there...minus the rain)...
I was able to go grocery shopping at 2 AM back home in Cali. And I did. Every time. The one time I went at 11 PM, I saw Tony LaRussa, the famous baseball manager. Now I have to go during the day.

But no. **** Vegas. Period.

CNS is offline  
Old
08-05-2013, 07:46 PM
  #38
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27,400
vCash: 500
http://www.amazon.com/13x19-Keep-Qui...a+kings+poster

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 11:36 AM
  #39
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,830
vCash: 500
I never really watch TV series. Well, I mean like dramas and sitcoms and all that kinda happy horse ****. I do watch horrible shows like Hardcore Pawn, Bar Rescue, Aerial America, Wipeout, American Ninja Warrior etc. Back to the point, does anyone watch that show Hell on Wheels on AMC? I've only watched the first five episodes but I really like it. I haven't found anyone else who watches it. I just saw them advertising the third season last night but I've barely made it half way through the first season.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
  #40
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!
 
Dawdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I never really watch TV series. Well, I mean like dramas and sitcoms and all that kinda happy horse ****. I do watch horrible shows like Hardcore Pawn, Bar Rescue, Aerial America, Wipeout, American Ninja Warrior etc. Back to the point, does anyone watch that show Hell on Wheels on AMC? I've only watched the first five episodes but I really like it. I haven't found anyone else who watches it. I just saw them advertising the third season last night but I've barely made it half way through the first season.
I watch American Ninja Warrior and Wipeout so its not all crap

I watch Hell on Wheels, but there isn't much I can say because of how season 2 ended. At the time it looked like they weren't going to get renewed so they made some interesting plot choices which PO'ed a lot of people so season 3 is going to be very different from season 1 and 2 IMO

Dawdler is online now  
Old
08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
  #41
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I never really watch TV series. Well, I mean like dramas and sitcoms and all that kinda happy horse ****. I do watch horrible shows like Hardcore Pawn, Bar Rescue, Aerial America, Wipeout, American Ninja Warrior etc. Back to the point, does anyone watch that show Hell on Wheels on AMC? I've only watched the first five episodes but I really like it. I haven't found anyone else who watches it. I just saw them advertising the third season last night but I've barely made it half way through the first season.
I started watching that show the other day and it was by accident.. but, I'm not complaining.. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. AMC does pretty damn well when it comes to TV shows. Nice to see.

Shellz is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
  #42
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
I watch American Ninja Warrior and Wipeout so its not all crap

I watch Hell on Wheels, but there isn't much I can say because of how season 2 ended. At the time it looked like they weren't going to get renewed so they made some interesting plot choices which PO'ed a lot of people so season 3 is going to be very different from season 1 and 2 IMO
Yeah I watch some pretty stupid stuff. I have zero interest in most of the popular series that are on both network and cable TV. I've also been watching that Bear Grylls show on NBC. I was watching America Ninja Warrior's first episode this season and after it this show called "Siberia" came on. I got sucked into it and halfway through I knew it was complete horse **** and turns out it is. I felt like an idiot for watching it.

That is interesting about Hell On Wheels. I started watching it in the middle of the first season so now I've started over from the beginning on Netflix. I don't think i've seen any shows from the second season so thank you for not ruining it for me. I'd still watch it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I started watching that show the other day and it was by accident.. but, I'm not complaining.. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. AMC does pretty damn well when it comes to TV shows. Nice to see.
That is how I started watching it. I had it on AMC one night and Breaking Bad came on. I never watch that show and I sucked into watching it. It was an episode where they were driving a RV they were making Meth in at the beginning. The main guy ends up locking up some dude in his basement and he and the Eminem looking dude end up fighting over who has to kill the guy. It was pretty interesting. I've been meaning to watch that show but there are a lot of seasons to go through so I'll probably wait until it is over before I start digging into that.

But after that episode of Breaking Bad was the first time I watched Hell on Wheels. I watched two more episodes after that and kinda forgot about it until I was at a friends house who has Netflix. I've been watching a few episodes a week for the past few weeks.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  #43
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!
 
Dawdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah I watch some pretty stupid stuff. I have zero interest in most of the popular series that are on both network and cable TV. I've also been watching that Bear Grylls show on NBC. I was watching America Ninja Warrior's first episode this season and after it this show called "Siberia" came on. I got sucked into it and halfway through I knew it was complete horse **** and turns out it is. I felt like an idiot for watching it.

That is interesting about Hell On Wheels. I started watching it in the middle of the first season so now I've started over from the beginning on Netflix. I don't think i've seen any shows from the second season so thank you for not ruining it for me. I'd still watch it anyway.



That is how I started watching it. I had it on AMC one night and Breaking Bad came on. I never watch that show and I sucked into watching it. It was an episode where they were driving a RV they were making Meth in at the beginning. The main guy ends up locking up some dude in his basement and he and the Eminem looking dude end up fighting over who has to kill the guy. It was pretty interesting. I've been meaning to watch that show but there are a lot of seasons to go through so I'll probably wait until it is over before I start digging into that.

But after that episode of Breaking Bad was the first time I watched Hell on Wheels. I watched two more episodes after that and kinda forgot about it until I was at a friends house who has Netflix. I've been watching a few episodes a week for the past few weeks.
definitely keep watching, I'd be happy to discuss the show here or any other show.

I'm 2 episodes behind in American Ninja Warrior but I'm surprised the favorite and last years golden boy went out early this year.

as for Breaking Bad I think I left off in the middle of season 2, not sure last thing I remember was an auto junkyard

Dawdler is online now  
Old
08-08-2013, 07:39 PM
  #44
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,032
vCash: 69


I've been working out

Boba Fettuccine is online now  
Old
08-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #45
Omni Owl
Dual Negative
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: North Korea
Posts: 3,742
vCash: 500
**** you, whoever stole my dad's car. The guy has nothing as it is, so you ****ing take his car? I'm sick of humanity...

Omni Owl is online now  
Old
08-13-2013, 12:22 PM
  #46
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,032
vCash: 69
This is how I celebrated Shark week


Boba Fettuccine is online now  
Old
08-15-2013, 03:48 AM
  #47
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 51,977
vCash: 500
Two things I got out of traveling through Oregon. .. You can't pump your own gas and they have a bizarre love for riding bicycles.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 09:56 AM
  #48
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Two things I got out of traveling through Oregon. .. You can't pump your own gas and they have a bizarre love for riding bicycles.
502's are a B!&$@

fyrescorp is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 11:01 AM
  #49
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,032
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Two things I got out of traveling through Oregon. .. You can't pump your own gas and they have a bizarre love for riding bicycles.
Hippies...I hate hippies. did you blare Slayer?



Boba Fettuccine is online now  
Old
08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #50
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 51,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Hippies...I hate hippies. did you blare Slayer?


I should have. Damn hippies.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.