HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan;70012927[B
]Lavoie is the French-Canadian version of Dreger: he has one big contact[/B] (in his case, Lecavalier) and he became an insider because of that. Other than that, he is a mouth-piece, just like Dreger. McKenzie and Lebrun, now, that's guys whose lists of contacts are worth something.
I don't think so....

Old
08-07-2013, 06:35 PM
RC51

wait a minute. I just thought of this.
this might be a GREAT MOVE be Lavoie. TVA? now you have to know TVA will have exclusive right to all things Nordique. By going over NOW to TVA to help setting things up for a FULL SCALE Nordique broadcasting and stuff he just might position himself within 5-6 years to not only be THE TVA sports guy but he might be head of something. There are so many at RDS in front of Lavoie he was going to stay where he was for a long long time. This is a great move.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Kriss E

Couldn't care less, information comes from Twitter or other social media now.
The only time I'll watch RDS is for habs game. TVA sport can recruit anybody they want, unless they start showing Habs game, they'll remain behind RDS.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:41 PM
DanltQC

You guys saying RDS is a joke/not professional proves you guys never watched TVA Sports.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
wait a minute. I just thought of this.
this might be a GREAT MOVE be Lavoie. TVA? now you have to know TVA will have exclusive right to all things Nordique. By going over NOW to TVA to help setting things up for a FULL SCALE Nordique broadcasting and stuff he just might position himself within 5-6 years to not only be THE TVA sports guy but he might be head of something. There are so many at RDS in front of Lavoie he was going to stay where he was for a long long time. This is a great move.
Yeah the Nords might have influenced his decision, but I'd be surprised if they exist this season or the next, we never know. Money must be the bigger incentive. And his demands were probably not met in terms of traveling or air time for an insider. When Louis Jean switched over to TVASports, he had his own show, and plenty of air time and budget to travel around.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:45 PM
JPGoHabsGo

So I dont speak french but I enjoyed Marc Denis on RDS. MAybe he can have a bigger role?

Bad news for RDS, will be interesting to see TVA use Lavoie

Old
08-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
So I dont speak french but I enjoyed Marc Denis on RDS. MAybe he can have a bigger role?

Bad news for RDS, will be interesting to see TVA use Lavoie
You don't speak french but you enjoyed Marc Denis and you even say it's a bad news for RDS?
Funny.

Last edited by Lars Mon Amour: 08-07-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old
08-07-2013, 06:50 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
You don't speak french but you enjoyed Marc Denis and you even say that it's a bad news for RDS?
Funny.
Well Denis does do interviews during games in english no?

And I figure its bad because as far as I can see Lavoie is respected around the hockey community as an actual insider. Talking to other habs fans he seems to be considered one of the only good things about RDS.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Well Denis does do interviews during games in english no?

And I figure its bad because as far as I can see Lavoie is respected around the hockey community as an actual insider. Talking to other habs fans he seems to be considered one of the only good things about RDS.
They are wrong IMO. I enjoy listening to Pierre Houde along with Marc Denis, they are making a great duo together. Stéphane Leroux is great when it comes to junior leagues (CHL mostly). He knows a lot about prospects.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
both louis jean and renaud lavoie actually cover the sens instead of the usual RDS-habs-only bias, so as a sens fan this lowers the chances i ever end up watching RDS over TVA programming, and certainly lowers the chance i go to their website.
Didn't even know RDS covered the Sens at all. Figured that was what Sportsnet East was for...

Old
08-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Kid Dynomite

Sad to see him go to a Quebecor-owned organization.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

Quebecor must have wooed him with the big bucks.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:36 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
I guess will see how much credibility Renaud lavoie has... he said many many times that quebec was not in the plan to get an nhl team and that the nhl had doubts regarding the viability of the quebec market... now that he has join the future ''owners'' of the Nordiques will see if he says something different or if he is going to say that bell/rds forced him to say these things

Old
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEMELIN74 View Post
I guess will see how much credibility Renaud lavoie has... he said many many times that quebec was not in the plan to get an nhl team and that the nhl had doubts regarding the viability of the quebec market... now that he has join the future ''owners'' of the Nordiques will see if he says something different or if he is going to say that bell/rds forced him to say these things
lol you believe Bell was shushing in his ear to deny that there is potential for a team to be up the river?

Old
08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
LeHab

RDS exclusive Habs broadcasting rights in French were set to end in 2013. Does anyone know how negotiations are going for a renewal? In 2010, TVA attempted to nullify RDS deal but CRTC did not wanted to get involved.

I bet TVA is willing to put some serious cash to get the deal.

Last edited by LeHab: 08-07-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old
08-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
RDS exclusive Habs broadcasting rights in French were set to end in 2013. Does anyone know how negotiations are going for a renewal? In 2010, TVA attempted to nullify RDS deal's but CRTC did not wanted to get involved.

If TVA got the deal it would significantly hurt RDS. Without the Habs RDS has nothing. But I think that Bell has the cash to secure the rights with the team anyways, so I think it's a non issue.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
RDS exclusive Habs broadcasting rights in French were set to end in 2013. Does anyone know how negotiations are going for a renewal? In 2010, TVA attempted to nullify RDS deal's but CRTC did not wanted to get involved.

TVA vs RDS, Quebecor vs Bell.

Bell is obviously the Goliath, but Quebecor might be looking to prove a point. It wouldn't be a profitable point though, at least not if they get into a bidding war.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Still pretty surprising.....RDS still has the Habs unless he knows something we don't. When is the contract done with RDS as far as the Habs are concerned?

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Up for renewal this year I believe.

Old
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
TVA vs RDS, Quebecor vs Bell.

Bell is obviously the Goliath, but Quebecor might be looking to prove a point. It wouldn't be a profitable point though, at least not if they get into a bidding war.
Perhaps they would not attempt to get exclusive rights but at least score a few dozen games per year. RDS was reportedly paying around $20-25 millions / year for exclusive rights. Not sure how TVA sports stands with subscriptions but if they are looking to get a major boost it does not get any better than the Habs even if it is for a few games.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
If TVA got the deal it would significantly hurt RDS. Without the Habs RDS has nothing. But I think that Bell has the cash to secure the rights with the team anyways, so I think it's a non issue.
Not saying loosing the Habs wouldn't hurt but RDS has exclusive rights on almost everything : Stanley Cup Playoffs, Alouettes, CFL, NFL, F1, Nascar, Tennis (Grand Slams), English Premier League etc.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Surprised they let him keep his twitter feed
He took the RDS part out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
both louis jean and renaud lavoie actually cover the sens instead of the usual RDS-habs-only bias, so as a sens fan this lowers the chances i ever end up watching RDS over TVA programming, and certainly lowers the chance i go to their website.
Soon enough RDS will just follow Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanltQC View Post
You guys saying RDS is a joke/not professional proves you guys never watched TVA Sports.
This. Brunet is a huge idiot, but from what I watched of TVASports for the Dogs last year just shows that Brunet would probably be the smartest person there. Well, aside from Lavoie now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Still pretty surprising.....RDS still has the Habs unless he knows something we don't. When is the contract done with RDS as far as the Habs are concerned?
Wasn't there just a 5 year-extension with them ?

Pretty sure Bell always has the inside track.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Wasn't there just a 5 year-extension with them ?

Pretty sure Bell always has the inside track.
As far as I know, only Hockey Canada extended recently their partnership with RDS & TSN.

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/TS...hts-Extension-

Old
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What a demotion. It would be like me going from a big international accounting firm to a smaller firm with a lesser workload, better pay, better hours, more control...

Oh wait.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:56 PM
PK76

He got all his "scoops" from Dreger anyway...somebody else will be able to do the same.

Closed Thread