HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/5 Buffalo @ Rangers - 5:00est

Old
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
i think on the last shift, the rangers gave the puck away 3 friggn times...

but i say it should have never gone to OT if not for Buffalo's 3rd POOR goal
NY didn't seem to be able to control the puck, and lost the game on that shift

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
God damnit...Anybody else hear a good amount of cheers at the game winning goal? Seemed like a good amount of Buffalo fans.
Yeah it def sounded like there was a decent number of Sabre fans there. There is nothing worse than seeing the other team's fan's celebrating in your building.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
NY didn't seem to be able to control the puck, and lost the game on that shift
couldnt make it out which dman it was, but he passed it behind his goal expecting another ranger there... well, there wasnt...

in all fairness... 2nd goal by buffalo was just a laser... but number 1 and 3 ... especially number 3.....

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
gdamnit i hate odd number points. Now we gotta lose in ot again sometime. 15 points who the hell has 15. grr
Devils do.

I think Weekes played great (Other then that second goal let-up) Its defenses fault in the OT goal by Sabres.

I guess its time to put Lundqvist back in the net.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
crisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
Devils do.

I think Weekes played great (Other then that second goal let-up) Its defenses fault in the OT goal by Sabres.

I guess its time to put Lundqvist back in the net.

The third goal should have been in Weekes glove, but he lost control of it.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Osminator

Quote:
amen

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
McDonagh27

Everyone's willing to toss Kevin back onto the bench and start Henke for the next 15 games... Not enough props are being sent Kevin's way for the great performances he's given us the past few games... Yes, we gotta let Henke get his starts (the majority of them), but if Henke doesn't improve soon I would feel comfortable with Weekes (if he plays like he has the past 3 games) in net on any night..

Its just the bashing that goes on here after one loss.... One game he's God the next he's relegated to "go back to the bench" comments..

I for one, am willing to say

Great job Kevin Now lets get Henke back in the groove.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Balej20*

Biggest concern after this game is Jagr's shoulder. This could be big big problems.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
AXN

Quote:

He should have had that one. They should have won the game. They kind of choked at the end. That's what happens when you play good teams. They would have had this game on the road.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Vegas Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Biggest concern after this game is Jagr's shoulder. This could be big big problems.

I came on here just to see what you guys were saying about Jagr and the left shoulder. I'm surprised to see so little talk about it. I agree with Balej20. Forget about the loss or who's going to be in net next game. Your season, (and Jagr's), could be done.

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Ola

I don't care much about the lost point. More importantly, for the 2nd straight game, we played solid defensivly, by any standard. I think Toots tripp where the only penalty we took when collected on defense, thats also really good.

Rozival have had 2 really good gamse in a row now. He even created a breakaway for himself that where lost due to MSG ice conditions...

Malik, besides his one big gaffe, he pretty much played spotless on the top pairing. When Straka-Nyllet-Jagr are putting on a show Malik aren't just riding the buss, he is somewhat of a important cug in chain. He gets their thinking so to speak. On the other hand, we have all seen what happends to Marek when he is asked to do more then that...

Tyutin and Ward looks like a killing pair. Great work tonight. Thats really important.

Now we even got a few good shifts from our 3rd and 4th line. Though besides Betts, Hollweg and Ward, nobody on the bottom two lines really are contributing. Maybe Dvorak wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all... I actually think the bottom 2 lines now is what really are keeping us behind the top in the league, not the defense. We get problems when the 3rd and 4th line so often collaps in the attacking zone and are forced to spend shift after shift in our own end. Orts will help when he gets back. But I would like to see allot more speed there.

Though the bottom line is that we seems to be back on track. If we keeps playing like this we will keep climbing in the standings. Especially if Lundqvist can get hot.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
crisb

Jagr looked okay to me. I saw hiom go down, but didn't he fall before the OT, or no?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
eh.. weekes against ovechkin and semin makes me a bit nervous.
i dont blame weekes on todays otl but its a fact that he isnt that good of a goalie. hes playing up to his abilities, what can you do?
He will get 1 of those 2 games, and Kovalchuk-Hossa vs him makes me more nervous

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Ola

Quote:
Jagr looked okay to me. I saw hiom go down, but didn't he fall before the OT, or no?
JJ looked a bit discomfortable the entire game. I saw him spin the arm some on the bench ect in the 1st. It was defenitly not something that happend in OT or the 3rd.

He is probably just a little bit banged up.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Vegas Vic

Quote:
No, in OT. He didn't come back.

Old
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
McDonagh27

Why are these guys saying things about Jagr's shoulder like its a season ending injury??? I didnt see or hear the game but this is starting to worry me!!

Someone please update us

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

I don't get why Weekes is getting this much attention. far from a story of the game in my opinion.

I agree that Rozsival was studly.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
eMKay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorchris View Post
The Buffalo play-by-play guy is absolutely abysmal... what the hell kind of catchphrase is that, going on about his mum and cookies? Times like this I find myself really missing Oh Baby.
RJ is the best play by play man that has ever lived, or will ever live. End of story.

eMKay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Vegas Vic

It looked bad to me. Very awkard fall. All his weight was on the left elbow and the shoulder didn't respond normaly.

Old
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Insomniac99

Seriously, the Sabres' announcer is the best in hockey. All announcers give him credit as the best or one of the bests ever. Just because he's not a rangers announcers doesnt mean you gotta hate him. The guy has some of the best catch phrases around. ie ""this team is good, scary good!"

Go Sabres; )

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't care much about the lost point. More importantly, for the 2nd straight game, we played solid defensivly, by any standard. I think Toots tripp where the only penalty we took when collected on defense, thats also really good.

Rozival have had 2 really good gamse in a row now. He even created a breakaway for himself that where lost due to MSG ice conditions...

Malik, besides his one big gaffe, he pretty much played spotless on the top pairing. When Straka-Nyllet-Jagr are putting on a show Malik aren't just riding the buss, he is somewhat of a important cug in chain. He gets their thinking so to speak. On the other hand, we have all seen what happends to Marek when he is asked to do more then that...

Tyutin and Ward looks like a killing pair. Great work tonight. Thats really important.

Now we even got a few good shifts from our 3rd and 4th line. Though besides Betts, Hollweg and Ward, nobody on the bottom two lines really are contributing. Maybe Dvorak wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all... I actually think the bottom 2 lines now is what really are keeping us behind the top in the league, not the defense. We get problems when the 3rd and 4th line so often collaps in the attacking zone and are forced to spend shift after shift in our own end. Orts will help when he gets back. But I would like to see allot more speed there.

Though the bottom line is that we seems to be back on track. If we keeps playing like this we will keep climbing in the standings. Especially if Lundqvist can get hot.
This is pretty much what my assessment is. Great game played by Rangers. My only concern is that we have lost Jagr for the season at worst or had set him back big time. That fall on the left elbow didn't look good at all.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
eMKay*

Here are Rick Jeanerette's legendary calls...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JEfbyrKnKc0

eMKay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
The Buffalo play-by-play guy is absolutely abysmal... what the hell kind of catchphrase is that, going on about his mum and cookies? Times like this I find myself really missing Oh Baby.
He is the worst CC I have ever heard. I go to school in buffalo I have to hear that moron talk about cookies anytime I try and watch a ranger sabre game. All of his opinions are biased. All he does it yell alot and everyone from buffalo thinks he is amazing. Buffalo fans = worst in the league

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
The Khan

I will have nightmares with that indian midget appearance before the OT...

The Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:36 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
In all fairness some of us Ranger fans had to watch it because our own broadcasters (in some areas) were not shown.

Last edited by Draft Guru: 11-05-2006 at 09:31 PM.
MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote