HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stop bashing Marek

Old
11-04-2006, 06:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Exactly what do I have to chill about? You said:

That does not sound like you are talking about his bad season. You are making it a point to point out that Malik gets bashed no matter how he plays. You also further point out (and you must think it important, otherwise why mention it?) that he is disliked for lack of physicality.

Neither could be further from the truth. Malik got his props last year when he played well. No liking his contract of it's length is not even close to bashing him for his play. This year his play has been atrocious and he has bee (and very much rightfully so) bashed for it. He was not bashed last year. What do I need to think about? Maybe you should think for yourself. This has absolutely nothing to do with not being physical or disliking a specific player. His play dictates who he is recieved. Since he has been here that has been the case. Claiming that he was bashed last year or is disliked for not being physical is not true and nor would you be able to locate posts to such extent.
I agree with most of this. He WAS praised last season, but was still bashed. It's not a criminal case, so I won't go back and find posts... sorry for my original response, though, I was drunk and mad.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 09:30 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Last season there was some negativity surrounding Malik... but there is always going to be some criticism for a 6'5 233 lb guy who plays like he is 5'10 and 170. This season Malik has sucked and therefore you are seeing more criticism, I think that is fair.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The point is, just because you think you are "right" doesn't mean the majority thinks you are right. I think this thread shows that the majority disagrees with the bulk of your assertions. Though, it's nice that you think so highly of yourself.
That co-called majority is no more than a few posters that have their own opinion. The rest of the crowd that disagrees with me forms their opinion by reading newspapers columns and, therefore, is respectfully disregarded by me. I can get a better feed for the paper myself.

If Hossa was no better than one our prospects he would out by now.

Our problems with defense were real. It weren't problem with defensemen, though. Absence of Ruccin, Moore and Ort was the reason for bad defense. The defense improved ones Cullen was forced to perform by the coaching staff and after 4th line started to click. Malik did play better but not dramatically better. Not to the extend that would warrant the win over two best NHL teams. Thus, he wasn't a problem.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:51 PM
JerseyRangers

Todays game was another typical Malik game. Three or four bad turnovers with 2 that were especially bad (how many times will it take for Malik to learn that you don't blindly throw the puck up the middle of the ice). Once again he was probably one of our worst d-men tonite. How many games do you need to see to realize that Malik has stunk this season?? He's getting booed and so far he's certainly earned it from the home crowd.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Todays game was another typical Malik game. Three or four bad turnovers with 2 that were especially bad (how many times will it take for Malik to learn that you don't blindly throw the puck up the middle of the ice). Once again he was probably one of our worst d-men tonite. How many games do you need to see to realize that Malik has stunk this season?? He's getting booed and so far he's certainly earned it from the home crowd.
You just picking on the guy. Leave him alone.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Another bad game for him today, as Renney said, clear the puck using the boards down the wings, not up the middle. Mair nearly made him pay tonight. Seems to me like he gets worst every game

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:12 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
He did have a bad game, again... but I still think it's counteractive for the crowd to boo their own player (even if its Poti).

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You just picking on the guy. Leave him alone.
Alright now step away from the computer and put down the doobie. Pretty obvious you've already fried most of your brain cells. Malik was horrible. If you can't see that then either your a relative or your sleeping with that big oaf.

Old
11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
darrenturcotte#8

DONT PICK ON HIM??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? He made a behind the back BLIND pass inside his own blueline to the center of the ice. Ignoring the other 1000 turnovers hes made, that in itself is grounds to be benched. Maybe then he will get the point. The guy who should be boooed is Renney for not sitting guys that make such bonehead plays.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:43 AM
WheresBarnaby

It was good to see the "Gentle Giant" actually using his size tonight, but he's not just not one of our best.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
He did have a bad game, again... but I still think it's counteractive for the crowd to boo their own player (even if its Poti).
Besides the turnover, he played spotless for 18 minutes.

I wouldn't mind at all if Marek where "upgraded", having a such a slow D on the team is not good. Though when on the ice with Jagr and Co. when they are playing well, Marek usually are playing well too. Like last season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Besides the turnover, he played spotless for 18 minutes.

I wouldn't mind at all if Marek where "upgraded", having a such a slow D on the team is not good. Though when on the ice with Jagr and Co. when they are playing well, Marek usually are playing well too. Like last season.

Not sure I would call his play spotless. He had two really bad turnovers and a couple others that shouldn't have happened, either of those could have ended up in the net. Considering he plays with Jagr most of the game he really didn't see much pressure in his zone and still he was shaky at best. Sorry but to me it was another in a string of bad games by Malik.