HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft - 3PM

Old
07-01-2013, 10:40 PM
iam76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
That is true, but remember, last season we averaged 7 regulars lost to injury per game. Who knows what would have happened had we not been bit with the bug the way we were before the season started, and players were more prepared for a shortened season. I dont think we lost that mentality, or Dineen for that matter, but it must of been so difficult when we had so many different players in and out of the lineup, especially the amount of rookies.
Good Buckles writeup
http://www.pressconnects.com/article...nclick_check=1

Also pierre was talking about how he spoke with joe sakic and totally understands why colorado took mac over jones... He then said florida basically through off the draft by taking barkov... Then just went on to praise Jones.

He knows nothing of the cats.

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:38 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I wonder why we're getting so much crap for skipping Jones when Tampa isn't. They needed him way more than us, yet I don't hear anyone complaining about it. We all heard Pierre's rant when Barkov was picked, but I didn't hear him say a word when Tampa skipped Jones as well.
Because Tampa is run by Canada's second favorite person, Steve Yzerman, while we're just a franchise that needs to move to Quebec sooner rather than later.

Living in Canada sucks as a Panther fan. It's amazing how ignorant the REPORTERS are, let alone every day folks.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
How does MR, J17 etc rank our draft compared to others/our needs?
Compared to all 29 teams?

As far as our needs, I think we did well. Barkov fills the need for a #1 center, and more size up front. We needed more goaltending and we got a good 6'4" goalie prospect. I'd say our goaltending depth, defense, and center ice are pretty good right now. I'd say the only areas we could use shoring up on are at wing, and bottom six center depth, but that's only if you are nitpicking. We have to have the strongest prospect pool in the NHL once again.

One pick I keep smiling over is Michael Downing. I had him rated in the top 60. If he can iron out a few facets of his defensive game, he's going to be a really good defenseman.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 12:18 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
One pick I keep smiling over is Michael Downing. I had him rated in the top 60. If he can iron out a few facets of his defensive game, he's going to be a really good defenseman.
Agreed 100% on that. I was excited when I saw he was drafted where he was. I think he has top 4 upside and wouldnt be surprised to see him do extremely well next yr at Michigan.

I was already trying to figure out what these guys would get in terms of HF ratings. Here's what I'm thinking they would be:

1. Barkov - 8.0C
2. McCoshen - 7.0B
4a. Cowley - 7.0C
4b. Downing - 7.0D
4c. Buckles - 6.5C
5. Clapperton - 6.5D
6. Brown - 6.0C
7. Weegar - 5.5C

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Agreed 100% on that. I was excited when I saw he was drafted where he was. I think he has top 4 upside and wouldnt be surprised to see him do extremely well next yr at Michigan.

I was already trying to figure out what these guys would get in terms of HF ratings. Here's what I'm thinking they would be:

1. Barkov - 8.0C
2. McCoshen - 7.0B
4a. Cowley - 7.0C
4b. Downing - 7.0D
4c. Buckles - 6.5C
5. Clapperton - 6.5D
6. Brown - 6.0C
7. Weegar - 5.5C
Looks good, I would give Weegar a 6.0 though. A 5.5 basically has no chance of sniffing the NHL. Weegar was solid this season, especially in the Memorial Cup. I was a bit surprised he went as late as he did.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:24 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Looks good, I would give Weegar a 6.0 though. A 5.5 basically has no chance of sniffing the NHL. Weegar was solid this season, especially in the Memorial Cup. I was a bit surprised he went as late as he did.
Only reason I gave him a 5.5 was because he's a 7th round pick (and a late one at that). He may have had a solid season but I doubt HF is gonna give him higher than that. Unless they change his grade down to a "D" then I guess it would make sense too as a 6.0D (which I would think is basically the same as 5.5C for the most part).

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 05:29 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Outside of Barkov, you'll be waiting 3-4 years before you can have any strong inclination to the merit of this draft. Not overly familiar with many of our picks.

I wouldn't say i am overly enthused about the later rounds, but i also wouldn't say that it is not a particularly qualified opinion. Don't particularly care either, we drafted an elite center prospect!

Wish we had found a way to draft Zykov though. Excellent prospect with nice skills, but his interview after the draft was awesome. He asked the stupid questions like i would have!

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Outside of Barkov, you'll be waiting 3-4 years before you can have any strong inclination to the merit of this draft. Not overly familiar with many of our picks.

I wouldn't say i am overly enthused about the later rounds, but i also wouldn't say that it is not a particularly qualified opinion. Don't particularly care either, we drafted an elite center prospect!

Wish we had found a way to draft Zykov though. Excellent prospect with nice skills, but his interview after the draft was awesome. He asked the stupid questions like i would have!
We had a chance at taking Zykov, but Tallon and the guys blew it by taking McCoshen. What a joke

And to the ratings, I would give Barkov 8.5 I guess if he's as good as the Finns say.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:22 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

I didn't like the McCoshen pick, hes a very safe prospect which is good. I would have liked some more offense for our system

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Acadmus
pastured mod

Finally, a draft reviewer that "gets it" :
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eastern...0127--nhl.html

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 11:07 AM
fst6
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Can't believe you guys got Weegar so late. Honestly think the guy has potential to be a #4 defenseman. I've never seen a player improve so much throughout a season, went from the Mooseheads worst defenseman to the best within a span of a few months. If he keeps it up, Florida will be very happy.

fst6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Ian McCoshen scored a goal on a shot from the point in USA's win over Finland on Monday in WJC evaluation camp play, and survived the cuts yesterday when the roster was trimmed from 44 to 31.

Old
08-08-2013, 08:06 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home

Some behind the scenes show on the draft, 9:30pm tonight. Anyone want to PVR that and put it on YT?

Also airs on these days if someone misses it.

Quote:
DRIVEN: 2013 NHL Draft will also air Aug 9 at 6:30p.m., Aug.15 at 9p.m., Aug. 16 at 4p.m., Aug. 17 at 2:30p.m. and Aug. 22 at 9p.m.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 08:49 AM
FloriDada

^ I'm not sure what that is, but FSN already aired a behind the scenes draft show a few weeks ago. Had a couple of cool clips with Tallon interviewing Jones, Barkov, and Mackinnon. My favorite part of the show was when they showed the FL scouts watching Barkov clips on youtube.

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

If anybody has a chance to upload tonight's show that would be awesome. Love stuff like this.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 12:01 AM
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

Some behind the scenes show on the draft, 9:30pm tonight. Anyone want to PVR that and put it on YT?

yea if someone can do that, that'd be awesome

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 01:13 AM
JP Mick
Real Good.

vCash: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

It also airs this evening on Fox Sports FL at 6:30 PM and Saturday on Sun Sports at 2 PM. If anyone can record it and upload it for our out of area friends I'm sure they would appreciate it.

JP Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Hagged

Somebody, just do it. Stream it. E-mail it. Or write a poem about it. Anything will do.

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Hagged

So did anyone catch it? If there is someone who watched it, could you tell us what was in it. Any info on prospects?

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:53 PM
FloriDada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
So did anyone catch it? If there is someone who watched it, could you tell us what was in it. Any info on prospects?
replay is on tonight. I don't have a DVR so I can't record it for you guys.

Old
08-15-2013, 06:08 PM
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!

I'll see if I can record it. I'm in the Tampa Bay Lightning broadcast area, not sure how that will affect Fox Sports Florida.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 08:25 PM
FloriDada

I'm really liking these mic'd up videos that show what the GMs are saying on the draft floor. Before the draft started you could hear Poile asking Yzerman if he's talked to Tallon, and if he knows what hes going to do. Yzerman responded by saying Dale is waiting to see if Colorado is really bluffing.

Old
08-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I'm really liking these mic'd up videos that show what the GMs are saying on the draft floor. Before the draft started you could hear Poile asking Yzerman if he's talked to Tallon, and if he knows what hes going to do. Yzerman responded by saying Dale is waiting to see if Colorado is really bluffing.
That's great stuff. Everyone left wondering.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote