HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hockey Cards

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2013, 11:47 PM
KingPuckChoo

vCash: 500
question for you guys...

if something like the walking dead or under the dome happens to our society, do you think the price of hockey cards would drastically rise? or would he have an era where both a Todd Ewen Pro Set Rookie Card and a Sidney Crosby Young Guns be worth a penny?

Old
08-08-2013, 12:12 AM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You've never posted in this thread and that's all you have to offer? Not very strong.
Oh, just cause I had never posted in this thread means I dont know anything substantial on the topic and it negates the fact that what you suggested is morally wrong and possibly illegal. Cool.

Old
08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Oh, just cause I had never posted in this thread means I dont know anything substantial on the topic and it negates the fact that what you suggested is morally wrong and possibly illegal. Cool.
that Ducks logo as your avatar is pretty sweet

Old
08-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Falcons93

What are your guys opinions on multi-person box breaks? (i.e. bidding for the rights to a team on Ebay)

Old
08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
What are your guys opinions on multi-person box breaks? (i.e. bidding for the rights to a team on Ebay)
I only do that if it's with a brick and mortar store or if it's with a major web store, someone with a crew of guys who can handle shipping.

Most of these places though don't sell auctions on eBay usually. They usually do it on their own website or at their stores.

Personally if I haven't done business with the seller many times, I won't use eBay to bid on that break. We can get in to the rules of eBay and such but bottom line is hockey card breaks should be fun so why risk any hassle at all?

Old
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
commie

Regarding selling cards on Ebay...what would be the procedure for a non-paying buyer? The sale ended about 10 days ago, and there has been no payment or communication.

Report buyer, give negative feedback, re-list item, or just forget about it?

The dollar value of the sale wasn't too high, so I am not too worry.
But it suck to have to eat the ebay sales fees.

Old
08-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
question for you guys...

if something like the walking dead or under the dome happens to our society, do you think the price of hockey cards would drastically rise? or would he have an era where both a Todd Ewen Pro Set Rookie Card and a Sidney Crosby Young Guns be worth a penny?
The dome would have to have the entire world captured. Which, in a sense it basically is anyways since there's no where else in the universe we could live.

If it was a Zombie Apocalypse, then you'd probably want Crosby's first season as a player and his rookie card as a zombie.

In either case, food, water, batteries, blankets, shelter, etc would become much more costly and trivial things like TVs, hockey cards, etc would be worthless. Unless someone has an acquired taste for hockey cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by commie View Post
Regarding selling cards on Ebay...what would be the procedure for a non-paying buyer? The sale ended about 10 days ago, and there has been no payment or communication.

Report buyer, give negative feedback, re-list item, or just forget about it?

The dollar value of the sale wasn't too high, so I am not too worry.
But it suck to have to eat the ebay sales fees.
Have you contacted them ? I'd report them unless they don't respond to a message stating why they weren't able to pay.

Personally, I pay almost immediately so the seller isn't a complete tool and sends the card right away.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Dewwen

This thread needs more pictures! Here's a couple of things I've pulled together recently:

From Panini Limited, nice little set of the King's Cup winners. Each card is limited to 99 copies of each:

This was actually from last year, also from Panini. The three cards each have a different print run. The first card has 300 copies, the second had 50 copies, but the third only has 8 copies. This one was a bit more challenging with there only being 8 copies of that last card!

Old
08-09-2013, 11:00 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Working on getting all of Bergeron's cards base,memorabilia and auto's.Help!!!

08-13-2013, 12:21 PM
1967ers

Just bumping this because it looks dormant and there's never a good reason not to post a Gordie:

Old
08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

I collect a lot of different players:

Steve Yzerman
Nicklas Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk
Chris Osgood
Henrik Zetterberg
Sergei Fedorov
Patrice Bergeron
Mike Richards
Martin Brodeur

List goes on..

Old
08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy

A few years back I used to order cards off some site where you could basically search a player and a huge list of their cards would come up, you could buy from multiple sellers at a time, which was good for singles that aren't rare.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Old
08-13-2013, 04:06 PM
SeventyOneTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
A few years back I used to order cards off some site where you could basically search a player and a huge list of their cards would come up, you could buy from multiple sellers at a time, which was good for singles that aren't rare.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Sounds like the beckett marketplace to me

Old
08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post

It may have been beckett, as mentioned. In the last couple years a site called COMC.com (formerly checkoutmycards.com) was also started which is the same concept.

Old
08-13-2013, 04:42 PM
sharks9

What's the best place for buying signed cards? I want to get one for a friend as a gift.

Old
08-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
It may have been beckett, as mentioned. In the last couple years a site called COMC.com (formerly checkoutmycards.com) was also started which is the same concept.
Wasn't either of these but looking at Beckett, the same concept. Thanks.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Falcons93

Any Boston fans looking to buy a Trilogy Ice Scripts of Brad Marchand or a Quad-memorabilia ITG card of Phil Esposito, Buyck, Clarke, and Parent? The first three are pieces of game worn jersey, the last is a piece of game worn pad.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I only do that if it's with a brick and mortar store or if it's with a major web store, someone with a crew of guys who can handle shipping.

Most of these places though don't sell auctions on eBay usually. They usually do it on their own website or at their stores.

Personally if I haven't done business with the seller many times, I won't use eBay to bid on that break. We can get in to the rules of eBay and such but bottom line is hockey card breaks should be fun so why risk any hassle at all?
Do you have any sites/sellers that you would like to recommend? I've done a few EBay breaks and have been fairly unlucky. I got a Peter Forsberg ITG 12th edition base card and a Datsyuk game-worn jersey card from around 5-7 breaks.

Old
08-14-2013, 12:09 PM
blankall

What are your guys thoughts on these UD Series 1 tins?

http://store.cloutsnchara.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=57

From what I can tell the only difference between them and the hobby boxes is that jersey cards come 1:24 instead of 1:12. You, however, get a tin and an oversized card instead. The rest of the stuff all seems to come in the same ratio (especially the Young Guns, which is what I'm after anyways).

These are going very cheap online now though. You can buy a case of 12 2012/13 tins for under $200 online. I can get them shipped to a US postal box. Thoughts?

Old
08-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
What are your guys thoughts on these UD Series 1 tins?

http://store.cloutsnchara.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=57

From what I can tell the only difference between them and the hobby boxes is that jersey cards come 1:24 instead of 1:12. You, however, get a tin and an oversized card instead. The rest of the stuff all seems to come in the same ratio (especially the Young Guns, which is what I'm after anyways).

These are going very cheap online now though. You can buy a case of 12 2012/13 tins for under $200 online. I can get them shipped to a US postal box. Thoughts?
The difference is they are retail packs in them, not hobby packs.

In other words, no patches, no exclusives (/100 or /10), none of the /100 acetate inserts, no autographs, etc. So the same kind of hits you'd get out of a 'blaster box' but more packs.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
blankall

Quote:

In other words, no patches, no exclusives (/100 or /10), none of the /100 acetate inserts, no autographs, etc. So the same kind of hits you'd get out of a 'blaster box' but more packs.
They're actually a seperate set of packs. They are "retail tin", which has seperate odds from Blaster:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/11/ud-...ck-series-one/

I think you might be right about the exclusives and patches not being included here. And plus the price of the hobby boxes is falling quickly now. Down to about $50/box....

Last edited by blankall: 08-14-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Do you have any sites/sellers that you would like to recommend? I've done a few EBay breaks and have been fairly unlucky. I got a Peter Forsberg ITG 12th edition base card and a Datsyuk game-worn jersey card from around 5-7 breaks.
Don't Cloutsnchara and Sports Card Forum both do these? Try those. Very popular and reputable.

Old
08-14-2013, 06:33 PM
TheNomad

I collect Russian players and I've decided I'm going to primarily focus on Young Guns and Sign of the Times.

So far for Young Guns I have Voynov and Emelin.

For Sign of the Times I have none.

Starting from the ground up.

Old
08-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:

No numbered cards...autos still possible. There might even be autos that were originally intended for other products that were returned late.

Old
08-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
They're actually a seperate set of packs. They are "retail tin", which has seperate odds from Blaster:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/11/ud-...ck-series-one/

I think you might be right about the exclusives and patches not being included here. And plus the price of the hobby boxes is falling quickly now. Down to about $50/box....
I consider a tin to be half a bad box of the same product. If a hobby box to you is $50, then a retail tin is about $20 in value. Often you open one and have less than $5 of cards to show for it.

Closed Thread