HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hockey Cards

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2013, 11:47 PM
  #176
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 500
question for you guys...

if something like the walking dead or under the dome happens to our society, do you think the price of hockey cards would drastically rise? or would he have an era where both a Todd Ewen Pro Set Rookie Card and a Sidney Crosby Young Guns be worth a penny?

KingPuckChoo is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 12:12 AM
  #177
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You've never posted in this thread and that's all you have to offer? Not very strong.
Oh, just cause I had never posted in this thread means I dont know anything substantial on the topic and it negates the fact that what you suggested is morally wrong and possibly illegal. Cool.

atl thrasher344 is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
  #178
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Oh, just cause I had never posted in this thread means I dont know anything substantial on the topic and it negates the fact that what you suggested is morally wrong and possibly illegal. Cool.
that Ducks logo as your avatar is pretty sweet

KingPuckChoo is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 01:43 PM
  #179
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 500
What are your guys opinions on multi-person box breaks? (i.e. bidding for the rights to a team on Ebay)

Falcons93 is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
  #180
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
What are your guys opinions on multi-person box breaks? (i.e. bidding for the rights to a team on Ebay)
I only do that if it's with a brick and mortar store or if it's with a major web store, someone with a crew of guys who can handle shipping.

Most of these places though don't sell auctions on eBay usually. They usually do it on their own website or at their stores.

Personally if I haven't done business with the seller many times, I won't use eBay to bid on that break. We can get in to the rules of eBay and such but bottom line is hockey card breaks should be fun so why risk any hassle at all?

Rorschach is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
  #181
commie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Regarding selling cards on Ebay...what would be the procedure for a non-paying buyer? The sale ended about 10 days ago, and there has been no payment or communication.

Report buyer, give negative feedback, re-list item, or just forget about it?

The dollar value of the sale wasn't too high, so I am not too worry.
But it suck to have to eat the ebay sales fees.

commie is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 09:46 AM
  #182
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
question for you guys...

if something like the walking dead or under the dome happens to our society, do you think the price of hockey cards would drastically rise? or would he have an era where both a Todd Ewen Pro Set Rookie Card and a Sidney Crosby Young Guns be worth a penny?
The dome would have to have the entire world captured. Which, in a sense it basically is anyways since there's no where else in the universe we could live.

If it was a Zombie Apocalypse, then you'd probably want Crosby's first season as a player and his rookie card as a zombie.

In either case, food, water, batteries, blankets, shelter, etc would become much more costly and trivial things like TVs, hockey cards, etc would be worthless. Unless someone has an acquired taste for hockey cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by commie View Post
Regarding selling cards on Ebay...what would be the procedure for a non-paying buyer? The sale ended about 10 days ago, and there has been no payment or communication.

Report buyer, give negative feedback, re-list item, or just forget about it?

The dollar value of the sale wasn't too high, so I am not too worry.
But it suck to have to eat the ebay sales fees.
Have you contacted them ? I'd report them unless they don't respond to a message stating why they weren't able to pay.

Personally, I pay almost immediately so the seller isn't a complete tool and sends the card right away.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #183
Dewwen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Valencia, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
This thread needs more pictures! Here's a couple of things I've pulled together recently:

From Panini Limited, nice little set of the King's Cup winners. Each card is limited to 99 copies of each:



This was actually from last year, also from Panini. The three cards each have a different print run. The first card has 300 copies, the second had 50 copies, but the third only has 8 copies. This one was a bit more challenging with there only being 8 copies of that last card!

Dewwen is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 11:00 AM
  #184
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!
 
bruinsfan1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Laconia,N.H.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Working on getting all of Bergeron's cards base,memorabilia and auto's.Help!!!

__________________
Bruins Last Cup 2011...Montreal Last cup 1993
bruinsfan1970 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  #185
1967ers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Possum Lodge
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Just bumping this because it looks dormant and there's never a good reason not to post a Gordie:


1967ers is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
  #186
Bruise Bros 2426
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
I collect a lot of different players:

Steve Yzerman
Nicklas Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk
Chris Osgood
Henrik Zetterberg
Sergei Fedorov
Patrice Bergeron
Mike Richards
Martin Brodeur

List goes on..

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
  #187
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,424
vCash: 500
A few years back I used to order cards off some site where you could basically search a player and a huge list of their cards would come up, you could buy from multiple sellers at a time, which was good for singles that aren't rare.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Oscar Acosta is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 04:06 PM
  #188
SeventyOneTN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
A few years back I used to order cards off some site where you could basically search a player and a huge list of their cards would come up, you could buy from multiple sellers at a time, which was good for singles that aren't rare.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Sounds like the beckett marketplace to me

SeventyOneTN is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #189
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
A few years back I used to order cards off some site where you could basically search a player and a huge list of their cards would come up, you could buy from multiple sellers at a time, which was good for singles that aren't rare.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
It may have been beckett, as mentioned. In the last couple years a site called COMC.com (formerly checkoutmycards.com) was also started which is the same concept.

Fleury14 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  #190
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
What's the best place for buying signed cards? I want to get one for a friend as a gift.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 05:40 PM
  #191
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
It may have been beckett, as mentioned. In the last couple years a site called COMC.com (formerly checkoutmycards.com) was also started which is the same concept.
Wasn't either of these but looking at Beckett, the same concept. Thanks.

Oscar Acosta is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 04:07 AM
  #192
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 500
Any Boston fans looking to buy a Trilogy Ice Scripts of Brad Marchand or a Quad-memorabilia ITG card of Phil Esposito, Buyck, Clarke, and Parent? The first three are pieces of game worn jersey, the last is a piece of game worn pad.

Falcons93 is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 04:12 AM
  #193
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I only do that if it's with a brick and mortar store or if it's with a major web store, someone with a crew of guys who can handle shipping.

Most of these places though don't sell auctions on eBay usually. They usually do it on their own website or at their stores.

Personally if I haven't done business with the seller many times, I won't use eBay to bid on that break. We can get in to the rules of eBay and such but bottom line is hockey card breaks should be fun so why risk any hassle at all?
Do you have any sites/sellers that you would like to recommend? I've done a few EBay breaks and have been fairly unlucky. I got a Peter Forsberg ITG 12th edition base card and a Datsyuk game-worn jersey card from around 5-7 breaks.

Falcons93 is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 12:09 PM
  #194
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
What are your guys thoughts on these UD Series 1 tins?

http://store.cloutsnchara.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=57

From what I can tell the only difference between them and the hobby boxes is that jersey cards come 1:24 instead of 1:12. You, however, get a tin and an oversized card instead. The rest of the stuff all seems to come in the same ratio (especially the Young Guns, which is what I'm after anyways).

These are going very cheap online now though. You can buy a case of 12 2012/13 tins for under $200 online. I can get them shipped to a US postal box. Thoughts?

blankall is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 02:35 PM
  #195
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
What are your guys thoughts on these UD Series 1 tins?

http://store.cloutsnchara.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=57

From what I can tell the only difference between them and the hobby boxes is that jersey cards come 1:24 instead of 1:12. You, however, get a tin and an oversized card instead. The rest of the stuff all seems to come in the same ratio (especially the Young Guns, which is what I'm after anyways).

These are going very cheap online now though. You can buy a case of 12 2012/13 tins for under $200 online. I can get them shipped to a US postal box. Thoughts?
The difference is they are retail packs in them, not hobby packs.

In other words, no patches, no exclusives (/100 or /10), none of the /100 acetate inserts, no autographs, etc. So the same kind of hits you'd get out of a 'blaster box' but more packs.

Fleury14 is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
  #196
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
The difference is they are retail packs in them, not hobby packs.

In other words, no patches, no exclusives (/100 or /10), none of the /100 acetate inserts, no autographs, etc. So the same kind of hits you'd get out of a 'blaster box' but more packs.
They're actually a seperate set of packs. They are "retail tin", which has seperate odds from Blaster:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/11/ud-...ck-series-one/

I think you might be right about the exclusives and patches not being included here. And plus the price of the hobby boxes is falling quickly now. Down to about $50/box....


Last edited by blankall: 08-14-2013 at 04:17 PM.
blankall is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
  #197
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Do you have any sites/sellers that you would like to recommend? I've done a few EBay breaks and have been fairly unlucky. I got a Peter Forsberg ITG 12th edition base card and a Datsyuk game-worn jersey card from around 5-7 breaks.
Don't Cloutsnchara and Sports Card Forum both do these? Try those. Very popular and reputable.

CarlWinslow is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 06:33 PM
  #198
TheNomad
Registered User
 
TheNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
I collect Russian players and I've decided I'm going to primarily focus on Young Guns and Sign of the Times.

So far for Young Guns I have Voynov and Emelin.

For Sign of the Times I have none.

Starting from the ground up.

TheNomad is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 08:37 PM
  #199
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
The difference is they are retail packs in them, not hobby packs.

In other words, no patches, no exclusives (/100 or /10), none of the /100 acetate inserts, no autographs, etc. So the same kind of hits you'd get out of a 'blaster box' but more packs.
No numbered cards...autos still possible. There might even be autos that were originally intended for other products that were returned late.

Rorschach is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 08:51 PM
  #200
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
They're actually a seperate set of packs. They are "retail tin", which has seperate odds from Blaster:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/11/ud-...ck-series-one/

I think you might be right about the exclusives and patches not being included here. And plus the price of the hobby boxes is falling quickly now. Down to about $50/box....
I consider a tin to be half a bad box of the same product. If a hobby box to you is $50, then a retail tin is about $20 in value. Often you open one and have less than $5 of cards to show for it.

Rorschach is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.