bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
I'm one of the fans happy he stuck with 17 cause I can wear my jersey with my cup patch on it again.
Sew little pancakes on it

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocent...ed-share-video

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 05:20 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 2000
Getzy has so much hair in that video

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Hockey Duckie

The video afterwards of the Power player auditions for 2013... heh

But that was Lupul's first go around with the Ducks too!

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:22 PM
WrecKed

Was that Shane O'Brien in there too?

WrecKed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrecKed View Post
Was that Shane O'Brien in there too?
Yep, he was there.

We had a lot of players turn into NHL regulars from that era. Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Rome, Glencross, O'Brien, Bryz, Lupul, Brent, Kunitz and Parenteau and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

4 games in, he already have matched last seasons goal total

Still would like to see him getting a little better outside scoring

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:56 PM
CrazyDuck4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post

If he pots in 15 goals this year that would make me more than happy..The kings fans are already crying about penner have 5 points in 5 games lol

CrazyDuck4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 12:57 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post

fairly invisible besides the goal

Old
10-17-2013, 01:09 PM
CrazyDuck4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Can you explain invisible? I mean what is your definition? Hes creating chances and heck hes scored 2 goals and that line finaly has someone to work the cycle with.. What more you want from him? hat trick every game? Let him play out. Like i said 15 goals is not asking much from him..

Old
10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck4u View Post
Can you explain invisible? I mean what is your definition? Hes creating chances and heck hes scored 2 goals and that line finaly has someone to work the cycle with.. What more you want from him? hat trick every game? Let him play out. Like i said 15 goals is not asking much from him..
invisible - completely useless without the puck. aka a cheaper less talented bobby ryan. just cause he scored a goal last night doesn't mean he had a good game.

he scored the goal off a beautiful pass from getzlaf, im pretty sure most of our players could've finished that goal. I didn't see any hard forecheck from him, i didn't see him being physical along the boards and being physical down low and crashing defenseman. I didnt' see him making any great defensive plays or backchecking super hard.

Thats is what I mean from invisible. The night that he scored his first goal, that was a great dustin penner. He was doing things away from the puck and being a physical nuisance. Yesterday, after he scored the goal, he completely stopped skating and completely stopped being a factor. Albeit, most of the ducks stopped skating yesterday

Old
10-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
To be fair, the rest of the team was also invisible. The silver lining is that we took advantage of the little opportunities to score and that was enough to win the game.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
wesott11

Quote:
invisible - completely useless without the puck. aka a cheaper less talented bobby ryan. just cause he scored a goal last night doesn't mean he had a good game.

he scored the goal off a beautiful pass from getzlaf, im pretty sure most of our players could've finished that goal. I didn't see any hard forecheck from him, i didn't see him being physical along the boards and being physical down low and crashing defenseman. I didnt' see him making any great defensive plays or backchecking super hard.

Thats is what I mean from invisible. The night that he scored his first goal, that was a great dustin penner. He was doing things away from the puck and being a physical nuisance. Yesterday, after he scored the goal, he completely stopped skating and completely stopped being a factor. Albeit, most of the ducks stopped skating yesterday
I was at the game and saw him make a dozen very smart plays. He is very intelligent with his forechecking and caused calgary's defense to cough up the pick multiple times... His neutral zone positioning was above average and broke up calgary's breakout several times, and if he didn't break it up he at least did a good job of slowing them down. He isn't spectacular in the defensive zone but I definitely wouldn't call him a liability.

He's showing good chemistry with getzlaf and once perry wakes up that line is going impress alot of people. I wasn't a huge fan of signing penner but I'm pleasantly surprised by his contributions so far. Saying he has been invisible just isn't true.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 02:27 PM
CrazyDuck4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
I was at the game and saw him make a dozen very smart plays. He is very intelligent with his forechecking and caused calgary's defense to cough up the pick multiple times... His neutral zone positioning was above average and broke up calgary's breakout several times, and if he didn't break it up he at least did a good job of slowing them down. He isn't spectacular in the defensive zone but I definitely wouldn't call him a liability.

He's showing good chemistry with getzlaf and once perry wakes up that line is going impress alot of people. I wasn't a huge fan of signing penner but I'm pleasantly surprised by his contributions so far. Saying he has been invisible just isn't true.
Thank you!!!!

Old
10-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I don't think Penner's had one bad game.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 03:18 PM
wesott11

It also looks like he's lost about 5-10 pounds, while he isn't by any means a speedy winger, he at least has a pep in his step again and is hustling. I'll take that on this team any day.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 03:21 PM
AngelDuck

Wait, is Penner seriously getting criticism still? He's PPG while making $2M on a 1 year deal. I don't care how invisible you think he's been, he's played good.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:17 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

useless without the puck? you are crazy! the cycle game is way better with him on that line, and more pucks find their way to the net, and the PP last night looked it's best, when he was on the ice hanging around the front of the net!

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2013, 12:16 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post

i guess we'll agree to disagree on the game last night. and i specifically said LAST NIGHT i gave him props for having good games beforehand when he played, i just said he was pretty invisible to me besides the goal. and i stress again. this only pertains to, LAST NIGHT.

im not criticizing his play since he;s been here, i said he's been pretty good before, i jsut didn't see the same intensity/effort that i saw last night as i did in the previous games he played for us.

i also acknowledged the fact that most of the players didn't skate very well either yesterday.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Paul4587

I like Penner, I want him to succeed and keep the spot on the top line and think he's justified his spot in the limited time we've seen him there this season but I agree with bumperkisser that after his goal he was pretty useless. Not horrible but he turned the puck over a few times, lost a board battle to 5'9 Kris Russel and wasn't overly dangerous offensively.

That being said the whole team was virtually useless outside of the first period. So Penner is one of about a dozen who deserve criticism.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Do you guys think he will re-sign and give us a discount or go somewhere like the Oilers on a long term deal as a last leg contract?

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:00 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacks View Post
Do you guys think he will re-sign and give us a discount or go somewhere like the Oilers on a long term deal as a last leg contract?
Who knows?

It is probably his last chance to cash in big, maybe he knows he has it good in Anaheim playing with 2 friends, and playing great hockey in Anaheim again. However his only issue post-Anaheim was going to LA, he was pretty good in Edmonton so it's not like he can't play well only in Anaheim.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Fuzzy Bunny

Penner is a millionaire and he appears to love the California lifestyle (I can't imagine many would) so if he can find a respectable offer to remain in the warm climate I think he'll take it.

Taking a spot with LA/Anaheim provides a lot of perks, I also assume he is well established with a house in the area from his LA days? Where does he spend his off season?

Fuzzy Bunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Penner is a millionaire and he appears to love the California lifestyle (I can't imagine many would) so if he can find a respectable offer to remain in the warm climate I think he'll take it.

Taking a spot with LA/Anaheim provides a lot of perks, I also assume he is well established with a house in the area from his LA days? Where does he spend his off season?

You CAN'T imagine many would?????
oh really, do tell why not.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote