HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
You know the french media coverage is god awful when Renaud Lavoie is declared the best.

Poor us.
People say this, but Renaud was really good at his job. I don't know why people feel the need to demean him or the "french coverage".

08-09-2013, 12:37 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Pretty sure Lavoie put out Seguin to Dallas before the big boys from TSN + Lebrun. You guys are hating way too hard.
He might have posted it on Twitter 42 secs before someone else, I still don't like him. He's super arrogant, tweets during his 25 seconds on-air stint, no respect for viewership.

Old
08-09-2013, 01:29 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
And he's one of the only guy who said Iginla to Boston wasn't done. The next morning he retweeted people who told him to shut the **** up because he wasn't an insider and didn't know what he was talking about, it was funny as hell.

Yep, he's reliable and has contacts. I know it's fun to hate RDS but yeah, not everything is bad on the network.

Old
08-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Huge steal.

On the other hand, TVA Sports are strange cats. Last year they completly butchered their main show that had great ratings wich was shown between 5PM to 7PM every day, fired half their staff, cut the show at one hour to make way for the one hour "Le Premier Trio" with Jacques Martin. Has to be the most boring, less knowledgeable hockey show on tv by far. Even Louis Jean who was great on Sportnet, looks like a bozo on that show. Don't be surprised if this happens to Renault.

Old
08-09-2013, 08:18 AM
De Montreal
help

What's wrong with some of you calling him out? He's one of the best in the whole league. I don't get the hate.

I understand why some might not appreciate him as a person, but as a reporter? Really?

Old
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
From what I've seen of Lavoie he breaks trades and when he doesn't, he gives credit to who does.

He's not some hack...

Old
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

Can't stand the way Renaud speaks, but have nothing bad to say about him as a reporter. He's among the best and gained a lot of credibility specially during the lockout.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Having him on twitter will be enough...

Old
08-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Habnot

Professional suicide, can't imagine someone in Lavoie's position going to TVA and their small audience when you work for the dominant hockey platform in the province.

There is always more than meets the eye - my guess Lavoie chased the money at TVA and then was surprised when RDS did not think as highly as he thought of himself.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:23 AM
PeteWorrell
[...]

Did this for the money.

His reputation is already made so if it doesn't work out he can just go back to RDS.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Too much hate for Lavoie for sure. But Lavoie is known to be pretty close to french speaking players. So he'd be their spokeperson at TVA. Pretty strange, based on what he said, to say that you want achieve something else and yet go from a legimate NHL TV station to a less watched not attached to anything TV station....Unless....his goal was really getting richer. Or something else is coming...

Old
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Here you go...you got your "something else".

Jacques Martin becomes an assistant coach in Pittsburgh. Lavoie will SURELY join the "Premier Trio" show....

Old
08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I agree. I don't get the hate for Lavoie, he clearly has his sources, especially for francophone players, but he does have more than that.

Good for him for leaving that gong-show that is rds. However, from what I read here, TVA looks like a gongshow as well.
TVAS is terrible. Only reason I have it is for Montreal Impact games and they still provide terrible coverage.

Old
08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
bl4ckwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
TVAS is terrible. Only reason I have it is for Montreal Impact games and they still provide terrible coverage.
I have to agree, i listened to Tennis there and even if i can't stand "Helene" on RDS at least Yvon Ponton is doing a good job. On TVA Sports, the reporters have 0 energy. It's flat description to me..

Old
08-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Harry22
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckwolf View Post
I have to agree, i listened to Tennis there and even if i can't stand "Helene" on RDS at least Yvon Ponton is doing a good job. On TVA Sports, the reporters have 0 energy. It's flat description to me..
I enjoy Helene, she's very knowledgeable. She's a million times better than Claudine Douville.

Old
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I don't get the Lavoie hate, sure he might have leeched off Dreger and cie for certain news but he was always the first one to break the news about french players. He was easily the most knowledgable guy on RDS during their intermission panels. RDS lost a solid guy here.

Old
08-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Harry22
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I don't get the Lavoie hate, sure he might have leeched off Dreger and cie for certain news but he was always the first one to break the news about french players. He was easily the most knowledgable guy on RDS during their intermission panels. RDS lost a solid guy here.
Money wise he probably made a great decision but career wise? Not sure. He's going from a channel that shows every Canadiens game (800K+ ratings) + playoffs to a network that shows a handful of Sens games with an audience of less than a 100K.

Old
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Money wise he probably made a great decision but career wise? Not sure. He's going from a channel that shows every Canadiens game (800K+ ratings) + playoffs to a network hat shows a handful of Sens games with an audience of less than a 100K.
Like it's been mentionned a couple times already, if the Nordiques do comeback I don't think he'll regret it one bit

Old
08-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Harry22
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Like it's been mentionned a couple times already, if the Nordiques do comeback I don't think he'll regret it one bit
The Coyotes are safe now and the NHL has no interest in expanding to Quebec, they seem to want to expand to the US Pacific Northwest.

Risky move by Renaud.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:09 PM
PeteWorrell
[...]

Quote:
TVA Sports will be dead long before a Nordiques club pops up.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Habsterix*

I don't see much "Lavoie hate" on here but rather, some criticism about his personality rubbing people the wrong way. I can only speak for myself here but I don't "hate" Lavoie. I just think he feels he's bigger than he really is. What he is (with his connections) was created by his work place (RDS) and when introduced as an "expert", I feel like he started to believe it too much. His comments, the way he was talking in the last couple of years, his demeanor had changed to some borderline arrogance and his opinions came across as ultimate truth, or he was trying to make you believe it.

I for one feel like it's a mistake for him to jump ship and as long as RDS broadcasts the Habs' games, they will hold the true insiders' information. RDS will create a new insider next year... watch.

Also, Chantal Machabee is much easier on the eye.

Old
08-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I don't see much "Lavoie hate" on here but rather, some criticism about his personality rubbing people the wrong way. I can only speak for myself here but I don't "hate" Lavoie. I just think he feels he's bigger than he really is. What he is (with his connections) was created by his work place (RDS) and when introduced as an "expert", I feel like he started to believe it too much. His comments, the way he was talking in the last couple of years, his demeanor had changed to some borderline arrogance and his opinions came across as ultimate truth, or he was trying to make you believe it.
This. He couldn't start a sentence without saying : "Une chose est sûre", "On me dit que" or "Je peux vous assurer que". As if he always held the truth and could predict the future with certainty. Honestly, it started to become very annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

I for one feel like it's a mistake for him to jump ship and as long as RDS broadcasts the Habs' games, they will hold the true insiders' information. RDS will create a new insider next year... watch.
Yeah but who? Renaud had been a hockey reporter for many years before becoming l'informateur hockey. I don't see Luc Gélinas, Stéphane Leroux and Chantal taking that role. What's left? Félix Séguin...

I think one of the best candidates could be Jeremie Rainville. He is a former TVA sports reporter and he appears sporadically on RDS but he probably doesn't have nearly as many contacts as Lavoie does.

Old
08-09-2013, 02:02 PM
bl4ckwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Yeah but who? Renaud had been a hockey reporter for many years before becoming l'informateur hockey. I don't see Luc Gélinas, Stéphane Leroux and Chantal taking that role. What's left? Félix Séguin...

I think one of the best candidates could be Jeremie Rainville. He is a former TVA sports reporter and he appears sporadically on RDS but he probably doesn't have nearly as many contacts as Lavoie does.
I feel at least that Stephane Leroux is 1000x times more credible than any other reporters in RDS. he have good insight for Junior Hockey and could extend it to the NHL, especially if he knew a lot of them when they were in juniors

Old
08-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
I feel at least that Stephane Leroux is 1000x times more credible than any other reporters in RDS. he have good insight for Junior Hockey and could extend it to the NHL, especially if he knew a lot of them when they were in juniors
I know but Leroux himself admitted that he would rather cover the LHJMQ.

Old
08-09-2013, 02:12 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
I doubt he is interested. He has been working for RDS for so long that I think that if he was interested, he would have got a job covering the NHL a long time ago. I just think he loves covering junior.

Closed Thread