HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Ilya Bryzastor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Probably the best jersey I've ever owned too (Utley) .
It is funny how I got my Utley Jersey , back in 09 or maybe 2010 , I got a Cliff Lee jersey when he wore 34 , literally a few days after I got it, we traded him. I got it switched with an Utley Jersey , I should have kept the originally Lee jersey though because he came back , but I'm glad I got my Utley one.

Old
08-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Hiesenberg

Its the waiver trade deadline, everybody goes on, if they clear, they can be traded, if they are picked up, they can be pulled back or moved to that team.

Since nobody could pick up Rollins for just his salary, it means nobody wants him.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Phillies Sign 16 year old 3B prospect Luis Encarnacion,

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...s-encarnacion/

Next year in the GCL, the phils could have some serious money tied up in 2 prospects, Encarnacion and whoever they end up picking in the 1st round next June as it looks like it's going to be a very high pick and it's said to be much better draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So I don't watch the Philliea enough (well not as much as my gf that is). What are the chances that Ruf becomes a full time player. If I'm mistaken he sucks in the outfieild but hits well. Next season does he have a chance to be a full time player?
I watched him a good bit the last 2 years between Reading (AA) and LV (AAA), he really hits lefties well, his play in LF has improved a good bit, this year in LV he was solid enough but too many K's. I don't know what the plan will be for him next year, but with the way he's played so far he may force them to play him more (also will depend on who ends up being the manager next year).

Old
08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
flyersguy33*

Luis is supposed to be pretty damn good, correcr? Although he is only 16 and much can change

Old
08-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Stonehands77

So Amaro at least admits he might be delusional: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ith_Utley.html. "Utterly out of touch reality" might be more accurate, but I cannot fathom how he thinks 1. it's just injuries, and 2. that these guys getting old might be part of why they KEEP GETTING ****ING INJURED.

Get rid of this clown already. He has no clue, and thinks this team is one Ryan Howard and one Dom Brown injury from competing? When they couldn't get more than 1 game over .500 all year? Really, Ruben?

Old
08-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Quote:
Maybe I'm delusional, but I believe our club is a much better club
It's funny he says that, because in reality the club isn't "much better," it's a worse club, they've just been lucky. They've won 52 games, but their Runs scored/Runs allowed Pythagorean record says they really should be about 48-66.

He can blame injuries all he wants, but that just shines the light on a poorly constructed bench outside of Frandsen. Not to mention a league worst bullpen.

Old
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
FlyingPhilly

RAJ is delusional and clueless.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Phillies Sign 16 year old 3B prospect Luis Encarnacion,

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...s-encarnacion/

Next year in the GCL, the phils could have some serious money tied up in 2 prospects, Encarnacion and whoever they end up picking in the 1st round next June as it looks like it's going to be a very high pick and it's said to be much better draft class.

I watched him a good bit the last 2 years between Reading (AA) and LV (AAA), he really hits lefties well, his play in LF has improved a good bit, this year in LV he was solid enough but too many K's. I don't know what the plan will be for him next year, but with the way he's played so far he may force them to play him more (also will depend on who ends up being the manager next year).
If Pat Burrell and Raul Ibanez can play LF, anybody can.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:49 PM
jml87

RAJ is an idiot but there is still nothing wrong with Utley's contract. It's structured in a way that Utley will have to continually work and stay healthy in order to get paid. In fact, if he has a knee injury in the second year of his contract, he loses 5 million. Utley basically gave the Phillies every break in the book on this contract but still got respectable money for his play.

The only reason people keep acting all scared of this deal is cause of Howard and Rollins. They suck and their contracts are unmovable. If they weren't here, would anyone have a problem with this contract? No, they'd probably be praising it. Utley is a much better hitter than Howard/Rollins, a smarter ballplayer in every aspect, and provides more than the both of them at this point. You could not ask for a better contract for a guy like this and yet I still here all these people *****ing about it.

It's Chase Utley. He's one of the main reasons this city could celebrate a championship in 30 years of futility. He almost pushed them to a 2nd one the very next year. His numbers have been great despite injuries and he spent the entire 2012 offseason playing baseball and working out a new program so he could get rid of his knee problem. He collided with a catcher at home plate which could've hurt him badly, before signing a max $75 mil contract to try to win an all but meaningless game in August. He probably deserves more than what he got, but we still got writers and fans crying that he's too old.

Yeah, this team has too many older guys but Utley is not part of that problem and won't be part of that problem. He's blocking no one in the minors and his contract is a drop in the bucket of what these owners are about to get in a new TV deal. So enough about the damn creaky knees already. Good Lord.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Hiesenberg

Actually most of the writers (locally & nationally) said this is unbelievably great deal for the Phils.

Old
08-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Hiesenberg

Next year you got:

Howard @ 1st
Utley @ 2nd
Rollins @ SS
Asche/Franco @ 3rd
Revere @ CF
Brown @ RF (I'm convinced they will put him back)

So the only EVERYDAY holes are Catcher & LF.

Ruf should be lightly penciled in as the LFer, leaving them to have to fill the Catcher role. Do you go McCann? Do you take a chance and bring up Valle?

Old
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenntacular Duo View Post
Luis is supposed to be pretty damn good, correcr? Although he is only 16 and much can change
Good hitter. Poor fielder. Probably an OFer or 1B.

Old
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Actually most of the writers (locally & nationally) said this is unbelievably great deal for the Phils.
Yeah I know but you still got guys like Murphy and Brookover who will not shut up about his injuries. Then of course the fans who probably started watching in 2008 who think that they know everything about baseball, wanting to just stick Galvis in there cause he's younger and then thinking they can get Stanton for Utley.

I'm totally not joking about the Stanton for Utley thing. Some of the trades these idiots come up with crack me up.

Old
08-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Hiesenberg

I know.

Delmon Young DFA'd

So Ruf is the RFer for the foreseeable feature.

I'd actually watch this team, its kind of a shame Revere isn't in CF right now. Really get a good look at next year's team.

Old
08-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
I know.

Delmon Young DFA'd

So Ruf is the RFer for the foreseeable feature.

I'd actually watch this team, its kind of a shame Revere isn't in CF right now. Really get a good look at next year's team.
Is Delmon Young really DFA'd??? Best news today, if true. Never should have signed that slug in the first place, so time to get rid of him so Cholly has no chance to keep playing him and taking up space in the lineup.

As for the Chase deal, I actually do like it since I'm a big Utley fan. The sentiment that Ruben thinks this team is a contender is what I find delusional.

Old
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Is Delmon Young really DFA'd??? Best news today, if true. Never should have signed that slug in the first place, so time to get rid of him so Cholly has no chance to keep playing him and taking up space in the lineup.

As for the Chase deal, I actually do like it since I'm a big Utley fan. The sentiment that Ruben thinks this team is a contender is what I find delusional.
Absolutely serious, the Casper guy is on the roster now, so they replaced Delmon's bat w/ Ruf and his OF with Casper

Old
08-09-2013, 02:30 PM
flyersguy33*

Lol at Young. How many more at bats did he need to get his bonus?

Old
08-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenntacular Duo View Post
Lol at Young. How many more at bats did he need to get his bonus?
9 ABs

Old
08-09-2013, 02:55 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
9 ABs
Haha awesome.

Old
08-09-2013, 03:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Do you take a chance and bring up Valle?
Valle has really struggled while repeating AA. I would think that Rupp would get the call up over Valle.

Old
08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
jml87

There's so many responses I could use for this wonderful news

Old
08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
9 ABs
I assume he's still eligible for his weight bonuses.

Old
08-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
RAJ is an idiot but there is still nothing wrong with Utley's contract. It's structured in a way that Utley will have to continually work and stay healthy in order to get paid. In fact, if he has a knee injury in the second year of his contract, he loses 5 million. Utley basically gave the Phillies every break in the book on this contract but still got respectable money for his play.

The only reason people keep acting all scared of this deal is cause of Howard and Rollins. They suck and their contracts are unmovable. If they weren't here, would anyone have a problem with this contract? No, they'd probably be praising it. Utley is a much better hitter than Howard/Rollins, a smarter ballplayer in every aspect, and provides more than the both of them at this point. You could not ask for a better contract for a guy like this and yet I still here all these people *****ing about it.

It's Chase Utley. He's one of the main reasons this city could celebrate a championship in 30 years of futility. He almost pushed them to a 2nd one the very next year. His numbers have been great despite injuries and he spent the entire 2012 offseason playing baseball and working out a new program so he could get rid of his knee problem. He collided with a catcher at home plate which could've hurt him badly, before signing a max $75 mil contract to try to win an all but meaningless game in August. He probably deserves more than what he got, but we still got writers and fans crying that he's too old.

Yeah, this team has too many older guys but Utley is not part of that problem and won't be part of that problem. He's blocking no one in the minors and his contract is a drop in the bucket of what these owners are about to get in a new TV deal. So enough about the damn creaky knees already. Good Lord.
Nice contract that they could have given him in December AFTER they traded him for a prospect or two.

Old
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
This was me when I heard this great news

Old
08-09-2013, 08:01 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Nice contract that they could have given him in December AFTER they traded him for a prospect or two.
Yeah. Goodluck finding a team to bite on that.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Closed Thread