HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Coupe Rogers 2013

Old
08-09-2013, 04:08 PM
TMLeafer

vCash: 500
Darnit! I forgot about this and missed the match. Not much of a tennis guy but the hype of Canadian success this year had me intrigued enough. Tomorrow!

Toronto Maple Leafs: Sustaining unsustainability since 2013. Or... maybe not..
TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

I'm not a big fan of Djokovic but I would prefer to see him in the other semis against Nadal.

An all-Canadian semis and in the other one you get two of the best player on the tour.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:12 PM
habamillions

I expect raonic to win. no offense to pospisil but he shouldn't be in this position. but good for him

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:12 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

In 2010, it was called exhibition.

Now it will be for real! (unless Djoko and Nadal decide otherwise)

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Wow some great tennis right now between Djokovic and Gasquet.

Nice photo Serge!

Old
08-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

He isn't number one for nothing...impressive as always.

Old
08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Actually a huge Tennis fan. I prefer playing Tennis than Hockey, for the record.
There's something about swinging your racket and hitting the ball with deadly precision. It must be programmed in our genes from all the centuries people spent perfecting and mastering swordsmanship, I think there's a huge similarity in the way the racket becomes an extension of your arm.

I can't watch tennis anymore though, only late rounds in grand slams...

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Garo

He's wasting more energy right now.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
I expect raonic to win. no offense to pospisil but he shouldn't be in this position. but good for him
Well Pospisil is only a year older than Raonic and if he plays as well as he did vs Berdych I think he might take this one. He's only starting out as much as Raonic, so there is no telling how good they'll both be in a couple years from now.

And saying that Pospisil shouldn't be in this position makes no sense, especially after how good Berdych played against him and since he was able to outplay the #5 player in the world. If Pospisil was 28 years I'd agree but right now this kid has got a very bright future in front of him.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Well Pospisil is only a year older than Raonic and if he plays as well as he did vs Berdych I think he might take this one. He's only starting out as much as Raonic, so there is no telling how good they'll both be in a couple years from now.

And saying that Pospisil shouldn't be in this position makes no sense, especially after how good Berdych played against him and since he was able to outplay the #5 player in the world. If Pospisil was 28 years I'd agree but right now this kid has got a very bright future in front of him.
Pospisil is 6 months older.

Old
08-09-2013, 07:58 PM
habamillions

Quote:

oh for sure. finally great to see canada play for something. never seen canada play for something in tennis in my lifetime.

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Diane Sauvé...surely amongst the worst sports journalist/commentator whatever ever. Faucher...as dull as anything you can find.

Honestly, we are so not well represented as far as sports journalists are concerned. Only 1 hand is needed to know how many greats we have.....a freakin shame.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Diane Sauvé...surely amongst the worst sports journalist/commentator whatever ever. Faucher...as dull as anything you can find.

Honestly, we are so not well represented as far as sports journalists are concerned. Only 1 hand is needed to know how many greats we have.....a freakin shame.
The people at Radio-Canada don't seem really knowledgeable...
The guy describing the match (was it Faucher like you're saying?) doesn't seem like someone who knows the game really well.

Old
08-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
In 2010, it was called exhibition.

Now it will be for real! (unless Djoko and Nadal decide otherwise)
IIRC, this was a doubles match which was won by the Canadians!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
The people at Radio-Canada don't seem really knowledgeable...
The guy describing the match (was it Faucher like you're saying?) doesn't seem like someone who knows the game really well.
Faucher knows the game very well, he's a great tennis player himself. You might not like the way he describes a game, like Whitesnake, but he's a very knowledgeable guy. His analyst, Jocelyn Robichaud, was a former pro player himself, but I agree he doesn't seem very comfortable in front of a camera and I personally didn't like it as well.

As for Diane Sauvé, I disagree with Whitesnake, I love her. But I'm biaised.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Didn't you like how Nadal laughed at her question? "Well...it is just my 2nd tournament on that surface...".

But hey...everybody is biased about something so that's fine with me.....only leaves to know how biased you really are...

Old
08-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Faucher knows the game very well, he's a great tennis player himself. You might not like the way he describes a game, like Whitesnake, but he's a very knowledgeable guy. His analyst, Jocelyn Robichaud, was a former pro player himself, but I agree he doesn't seem very comfortable in front of a camera and I personally didn't like it as well.

The Ponton-Pelletier duo is better imo. Maybe because I'm used to it and I've been listening to them since I'm really young...I'm probably biased when it comes to them.

I often read Paul Roux on La Presse and I really like him. Did he ever appeared on TV?

Old
08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The Ponton-Pelletier duo is better imo. Maybe because I'm used to it and I've been listening to them since I'm really young...I'm probably biased when it comes to them.

I often read Paul Roux on La Presse and I really like him. Did he ever appeared on TV?
Sorry but...BY FAR. Ponton and Pelletier are great. Yes, Hélène do loves to flirt but she's really knowledgeable. I mean, this is not even a comparison.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Oh and as much as you DON'T clap after 2 faults on the opponent's service, Gulbis is the stupid guy with his remarks. Come on....so this crowd is the reason why EVERYTIME a Canadian plays in a Canadian tournament, they are great but elsewhere they suck? When was the last time 2 Canadian reached the point where they are right now?

So dumb.....

Old
08-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Oh and as much as you DON'T clap after 2 faults on the opponent's service, Gulbis is the stupid guy with his remarks. Come on....so this crowd is the reason why EVERYTIME a Canadian plays in a Canadian tournament, they are great but elsewhere they suck? When was the last time 2 Canadian reached the point where they are right now?

So dumb.....
He needs to be shoot in the back of the head with a high powered handgun. game/set & headshot.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
He needs to be shoot in the back of the head with a high powered handgun. game/set & headshot.
Well I was more thinking of.....finding him dumb. You might take it to an extreme here....

Old
08-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Going to be there tomorrow. Will be fun.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:

So dumb.....
He was whining, screaming and swearing when I watched him play against Murray. It was pathetic. This guy is ****ing arrogant. He doesn't seem like someone who shows a lot of respect for his opponents.

Somebody even told me he destroyed his racket today against Raonic. Is this true?

Old
08-09-2013, 11:28 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:

So dumb.....
What a d***...

Old
08-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
He was whining, screaming and swearing when I watched him play against Murray. It was pathetic. This guy is ****ing arrogant. He doesn't seem like someone who shows a lot of respect for his opponents.

Somebody even told me he destroyed his racket today against Raonic. Is this true?
True. People booed him but then he gave his destroyed racket to somebody in the stands.