HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell turns down job -- Tim P.

Old
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he's not my "hero," he's just a coach who has had a lot of proven success with young players, and he also has a ton of experience in the NHL community as a player. it isn't like life in the NHL would be any great shock to the man.

i think he's going to be successful at this level whenever he does finally make the leap and why not have that be here...
It's the work ethic that he instills in his players that makes him so attractive to me.

I mean what he did with the Canadian world juniors last year was just incredible. He took a bunch of guys that had never played together, that didn't have all the talent, and in a couple short weeks he got them to come together as a team, to work their ***** off until they couldn't breathe. He turned Steve Downie into a disciplined hero. It was simply amazing what a good coach can do. Imagine if someone like him got a hold of our team for 82 games.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's the work ethic that he instills in his players that makes him so attractive to me.

I mean what he did with the Canadian world juniors last year was just incredible. He took a bunch of guys that had never played together, that didn't have all the talent, and in a couple short weeks he got them to come together as a team, to work their ***** off until they couldn't breathe. He turned Steve Downie into a disciplined hero. It was simply amazing what a good coach can do. Imagine if someone like him got a hold of our team for 82 games.
couldn't agree more... is he coaching that team again this year?

i just dislike constantly dipping into the same pool of coaches, or guys that are coming from the same pool of coaches. you rarely, and i mean rarely, hit a home run in the management, or the coaching area without walking over to the other side of the river and pulling someone across who has fresh ideas.

i also believe in looking at upside... the upside on Sutter is tremendously high. it may not work out, but everything looks like he has a very high ceiling as a coach. sure, there are other guys out there that would be decent options... but is their celing as high?

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
couldn't agree more... is he coaching that team again this year?
He's not coaching the world juniors this year. He announced it shortly after they won the last one.

It's too bad.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 10:10 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
come back HEXTALL!!!!!!!!!
Come back Dean Lombardi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarke and Primeau are the causes for this crappy team this year. Think about it:

1) Primeau waited forever to decide to retire, otherwise we could have used the 3.5 million to sign a Spacek or someone else better on D (anyone not named Nolan Baumgartner)

2) Clarke said he was done last season. He should have decided he was done before letting Dean Lombardi go and he could have been the new GM of this team.

Its their fault. Period.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
i am dave

Is Scotty Bowman doing anything?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
SheroWorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitkanenPower View Post
Is Scotty Bowman doing anything?

LOL

Two words.

Le maire I would bet $50.00 on a Cup in 5 years.

SheroWorship is offline   Reply With Quote