HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Riiiiight. That's why.

Like I'm the only one that sees a big difference.

One is rated top 3 out of all the prospects in the world (Drouin) and the other is rated just barely inside the top 50. (On Hockey Futures list, and probably on many other lists too)
that same list that after the 2006 draft had Toews as 19th best prospect behind Backstrom, Brule, OSullivan, Toivonen, Wolski and Barker???

They won't rank him that high for his reputation alone and most of them haven't even seen him play 1 ****ing game in Finland

Old
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Sevanston

Here's a gif of TT quarterbacking the PP today. He's #19 in blue. This time, I checked to make sure he's left-handed.

http://thescore.com/nhl/articles/124...the-power-play

Finland lost 4-3 against the US in a shootout, but both Peters and Pronman again thought TT was the best player on the ice.

Old
08-08-2013, 02:48 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I'm high on TT, I just don't think he will be a franchise elite player like Drouin.

TT is more of a 60-70pt good two way palyer.
Drouin more of a 90-100pt OK two way player
I don't think the gap between the two will be 20 points a season, nor do I believe Drouin has 100-point potential in the NHL. He may get there, feeding Stamkos on the PP, but as a stand-alone offensive player, I'd cap him out at 90 points - and even then, I wouldn't expect him to hit that every year.

On the low-end, I'd put Drouin at 70 points. On the high-end, I'd put him at 90ish points.

For Teravainen, on the low-end I'd put him at 60 points and on the high-end, I'd put him at 80ish points.

Like I said, Drouin does project as a better offensive player in the NHL, but I don't think the gap is huge (clearly) and if TT transitions to centre well, he could put him some most totals playing with Sharp/Hossa/Saad/Kane/etc.

Last edited by HockeySensible: 08-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old
08-08-2013, 04:46 PM
swerdnase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Here's a gif of TT quarterbacking the PP today. He's #19 in blue. This time, I checked to make sure he's left-handed.

http://thescore.com/nhl/articles/124...the-power-play

Finland lost 4-3 against the US in a shootout, but both Peters and Pronman again thought TT was the best player on the ice.
And from that first article:

Teuvo Teravainen has flashed some serious hands, a deadly shot and slick possession ability through forty minutes. He even laid the body in the second frame, to the astonishment of the FastHockey.com broadcast team.

Team Canada began to control play in the latter half of the second period, but through forty Teravainen has been head and shoulders above the competition...

Old
08-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
that same list that after the 2006 draft had Toews as 19th best prospect behind Backstrom, Brule, OSullivan, Toivonen, Wolski and Barker???

They won't rank him that high for his reputation alone and most of them haven't even seen him play 1 ****ing game in Finland
Maybe you missed the many other lists. Part of that?

Old
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Temego

People seem pretty suprised seeing Teuvo dominate, which is weird knowing that he's been playing against men for years already; of course he succeeds against 18 year old boys. He's one of those guys who would absolutely destroy any canadian junior league, because there his lack of size and strength wouldnt be exposed.

Old
08-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Hagged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temego View Post
He's one of those guys who would absolutely destroy any canadian junior league, because there his lack of size and strength wouldnt be exposed.
This is a bold statement to make. He could be an impact player in OHL but that is something we just can't be sure of. Nordic players in general tend to have career paths in which they hit their prime later. There haven't been any Nordic player that has "absolutely destroyed" any Canadian junior league, at least that I'd remember.

Teravainen is a good prospect but he most propably wouldn't even be one of the best CHL players. His size and strength would be exposed most propably since CHL has around the same average size as FEL (difference is less than 5lbs). In finnish junior U20 league, which has over 5kg (~10lbs) smaller average weight and couple of inches less average height than either CHL or FEL, he was less than a point per game player at age 16 and at age 17 he was at less than 2PPG pace before cracking the Jokerit FEL team. At that age he most definitely wouldn't have absolutely destroyed Canadian junior leagues. And I highly doubt he would do that even this season as a 19 year old.

He has the best traits of a big ice playmaker and the transition to the smaller ice will propably be hard for him too.

That said I think he would be a point per game player. But we can't know that for sure.

Old
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Maybe you missed the many other lists. Part of that?
still the same:

He destroyes and dominates guys his age...

Old
08-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
This is a bold statement to make. He could be an impact player in OHL but that is something we just can't be sure of. Nordic players in general tend to have career paths in which they hit their prime later. There haven't been any Nordic player that has "absolutely destroyed" any Canadian junior league, at least that I'd remember.

Teravainen is a good prospect but he most propably wouldn't even be one of the best CHL players. His size and strength would be exposed most propably since CHL has around the same average size as FEL (difference is less than 5lbs). In finnish junior U20 league, which has over 5kg (~10lbs) smaller average weight and couple of inches less average height than either CHL or FEL, he was less than a point per game player at age 16 and at age 17 he was at less than 2PPG pace before cracking the Jokerit FEL team. At that age he most definitely wouldn't have absolutely destroyed Canadian junior leagues. And I highly doubt he would do that even this season as a 19 year old.

He has the best traits of a big ice playmaker and the transition to the smaller ice will propably be hard for him too.

That said I think he would be a point per game player. But we can't know that for sure.
Usually top scandinavian prospects tend to stay with their teams because, 50 000€ season vs CHL $50 a week it's different when you talk about guys who can't yet make it in their FEL/SEL team. Just look at the guys who they drafted this year, pretty much all of them are moving to Canada, because they're not good enough to FEL/SEL. That's for sure i wouldn't either go back in minors if they gave me opportunity to play professional hockey against higher competition in my home country with decent paycheck.

Old
08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Temego

Ya'll missing the Teuvo Teräväinen show

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 33m
Teravainen just made a flip pass from his own end over 3 SWE players to hit a streaking Kapanen on the wing and completely meant to do that.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 54m
Teravainen with a beauty backhand on a penalty shot. 1-1 game. What a week for him.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 7m
Teravainen on a breakaway. Tie game. Have mercy.

Old
08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Blue Liner

Yeah, people raving about TT all over the Twitterverse.

Old
08-10-2013, 05:47 PM
madgoat33

can't decide if i like the term "twitterverse" or "twittersphere" better

Old
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Sevanston

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 55m
Teravainen gets another break but just misses the hat trick. Then almost sets up a goal. #BeastMode

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 25m
Teravainen with a filthy shootout goal because why not.

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 24m
Sounds like the Teuvo Teravainen show continued today in Lake Placid. One scout told me, "best I've seen at [#NJEC] since Patrick Kane."

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 17m
I was at Kane's last #NJEC and it was a pretty dominant performance. This year, Teravainen's been on a different level than everyone else.

Old
08-10-2013, 06:01 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
08-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
can't decide if i like the term "twitterverse" or "twittersphere" better
Can't go wrong with either. I just finally joined about two or three weeks ago.

Old
08-10-2013, 06:14 PM
madgoat33

I've had one for a few years but pretty much never use it.

Will be interesting to see how TT performs at camp if he's there

Old
08-10-2013, 08:56 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post

You are totally delusional IMO. You are completely overrating the competition in the CHL.

You "think" he would be a PPG player? Lmao. Of course he would. I don't think anyone with a functioning brain would think otherwise.

Sure, maybe he wouldn't "dominate" the CHL but maybe he would. I think if he was in the CHL this year he'd be one of the best players. He is that talented. Anyways, who cares about the CHL...Teuvo doesn't need it and he'll be in the AHL hopefully next season. It will take some adjusting to the North American ice and game but he should be fine. If you heard how the Blackhawks front office talks about Teuvo they think he will be an impact NHLer. He was ranked top 10 by most scouting services for a reason...they think he'll be good in the NHL. I'll think I'll side towards the experts and actual NHL front office/scouts.

CHL...lol'd. Alex Broadhurst had 28 points in 21 playoff games. Plenty small players do just fine...the CHL is not some super tough league that is too hard for small players as we see from a bunch of small players racking up huge points in it. Teravainen would do great, especially this year as a 19 year old. No question in my mind.

Old
08-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Hawkster
The Magic Number

Part of me is really intrigued to see what TT could do with the talent the Hawks have in the top 6 - particularly on the powerplay.

Then reality sets in - he's only 9 days older than Ryan Hartman, and has some developing to do physically.

I can't wait to see him in 2014/15. I see a Calder Trophy in his future.

Old
08-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

difference is the talent level. I have no problems with TTs Size.

Old
08-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Any Colour You Like
Lose my worried mind

vCash: 2293
TT's size isn't the problem, it's just that he's very raw and underdeveloped for the NHL. This season will be his last in Finland, then Rockford in 2014-15, and we finally see him with the big club in 2015.

Old
08-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:

I created one mostly for hockey purposes. But it's also entertaining and good for updates and news in all sports and news in general.

Old
08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:

it sounds from an article on the hawks' website about prospects that he'll be in camp but that the plan is for him to play in finland this year, that he'll definitely be at WJC, and that there's a chance he'll get a look for the senior national team (for the WCs, not Olympics, obv.).

are the hawks prospects playing in a pre-season rookie game? maybe he'll be in that?

Old
08-12-2013, 02:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanLafortune View Post
At the All State yesterday game I was able to talk with someone (who would know), that suggested it's been communicated that Horvat, Domi and Broadhurst will be back in London. You honestly never know, but it cemented things I've heard independently. Take it for what you will.

Personally I dont think Broadhurst needs another year, but it seems to be the dialog thats out there. As I said, take it with a grain of salt.
^^ from the Knights' thread. So that might be our answer on Broadhurst.

Old
08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
TT's size isn't the problem, it's just that he's very raw and underdeveloped for the NHL. This season will be his last in Finland, then Rockford in 2014-15, and we finally see him with the big club in 2015.
Teravaien's not raw at all. He's very refined. I won't even say he's physically underdeveloped, but he needs to add a bit more muscle. He'll never be big, and he won't have to be. Get up around 175-180lbs and he'll be fine. The biggest adjustment for Teravainen won't be the physicality, it will be the speed; the time and space he has to make decisions and make plays. Once he gets that down, he'll be fine.

Old
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
^^ from the Knights' thread. So that might be our answer on Broadhurst.
It's the only thing that makes sense for him. There's no room in Rockford. London's better than Toledo.

Closed Thread