HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mark Jankowski - Providence College, HE (2012, 21st overall, Calgary)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2013, 04:25 AM
  #651
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
Claude Giroux and Erik Karlsson say hi.
Giroux didn't come out of nowhere. He was coming off two straight 100 point seasons, lots of people KNEW he was going to be good. Karlsson was also highly praised going into his draft. Maybe not Norris praise but certainly he didn't "come from nowhere".

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:45 AM
  #652
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
Can we justy all agree the Jankowski was not a very good pick, an that his chances of becoming a solid NHLer are pretty slim?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
  #653
Kulleroinen
Oilers!
 
Kulleroinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
Uhh... flames fans.

6.5D would be something closer.

Kulleroinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
  #654
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,571
vCash: 500
Stamkos prospect rating was 8.0B at one point. Jankowski isn't too far off.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:23 PM
  #655
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Can we justy all agree the Jankowski was not a very good pick, an that his chances of becoming a solid NHLer are pretty slim?
Prepare to eat crow after his college career. The only things holding him back are experience and strength, and both are getting worked on in providence

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 03:03 PM
  #656
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,121
vCash: 137
How many Flames fans would think so highly of Jankowski if Feaster didn't make those ridiculous comments about him?

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 03:18 PM
  #657
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
How many Flames fans would think so highly of Jankowski if Feaster didn't make those ridiculous comments about him?
Go find the old jankowski thread started before the 2012 draft. Until the flames drafted him people were saying how intriguing a prospect of his size and talent were.
Zero hate.
I wonder how much hate he gets because Feaster made those comments.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  #658
DayTripper
Registered User
 
DayTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Earth
Country: North Korea
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'll have to double check but Rob Volman has updated the NHLE's to each individual section of NCAA.
Here are the new NHL Equivalencies, from Rob Vollman's new book (pg. 182):

Quote:
KHL: 0.78
Elitserein (Sweden): 0.55
Czech Extraliga: 0.44
WCHA (NCAA): 0.42
National League A (Switzerland): 0.36
Hockey East (NCAA): 0.33
SM-Liiga (Finland): 0.30
CCHA (NCAA): 0.30
OHL: 0.30
QMJHL: 0.26
WHL: 0.26
ECAC (NCAA): 0.25

DayTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 03:45 PM
  #659
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Go find the old jankowski thread started before the 2012 draft. Until the flames drafted him people were saying how intriguing a prospect of his size and talent were.
Zero hate.
I wonder how much hate he gets because Feaster made those comments.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1201851

Wouldnt let me edit and add
There is a flame fan talkinv about taking him @ 14th overall.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:58 PM
  #660
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
No he shouldn't have a higher prospect score. He was a bad pick and things haven't improved. There might be upside, but there's no evidence to suggest he's even going to be a replacement level player at this point. If he starts to show the potential our scouts somehow picked out of Midget AA games then his prospect score should go up. Right now it's too high if anything.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM
  #661
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No he shouldn't have a higher prospect score. He was a bad pick and things haven't improved. There might be upside, but there's no evidence to suggest he's even going to be a replacement level player at this point. If he starts to show the potential our scouts somehow picked out of Midget AA games then his prospect score should go up. Right now it's too high if anything.

About him being a bad pick at 21?
The hockey news disagrees
http://m.thn.com/?content=8d347d7266...brian_costello

Sorry its the mobile link
But they ranked him at 25 in the 2012 draft class in march of this year. Had jankowski at 25 ahead of guys like ceci, gaunce and koekoek.

You are wrong.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
  #662
TheDebaser
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
How many Flames fans would think so highly of Jankowski if Feaster didn't make those ridiculous comments about him?
Rewatch the video, it's insane how many people take his words out of context and then beat him over the head with them. He said that his scout said that Janko could potentially be one of the best players in the draft.

That said, the guy could choose his words better but the fact still remains that he's a big player (Fact) that skates well (Fact) has good hands (Fact) has a good shot (Fact) and thinks the game well (As close to a fact as a judgement call like that can be.) The only thing he needs to improve on is his strength which is wonderful because gaining strength takes time but is pretty much a sure thing if a player is committed to it (Another fact, the guy is committed to it. He gained around 15 pounds last year.) Finally, he was underrated for the perfect reason. He was too short to make the major juniors due to his very early birthday but now he's 6'3". The guy isn't looking out of place on Canada's world junior squad. Why is he such a bad pick? I don't get it. We got Seiloff out of the decision to pick him up too. That kid could be captain of the USA squad this year. Why is this such a bad pick? I get that the selection wasn't traditional but this guy really seems to have a good package to build on.

If you still find yourself disagreeing than answer this simple question: What don't you like about the way he plays hockey?

TheDebaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
  #663
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
Here are the new NHL Equivalencies, from Rob Vollman's new book (pg. 182):
That's confusing. Hockey East was supposed to be the best division/conference in NCAA I thought.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:53 PM
  #664
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Go find the old jankowski thread started before the 2012 draft. Until the flames drafted him people were saying how intriguing a prospect of his size and talent were.
Zero hate.
I wonder how much hate he gets because Feaster made those comments.
There is a caps fan that suggest taking him at #16 would be a decent pick as well in there.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:13 PM
  #665
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
There is a caps fan that suggest taking him at #16 would be a decent pick as well in there.
I saw that as well. I was mostly responding to him saying flames fans are only high on jankowski because of feaster's comments.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:37 PM
  #666
TheDebaser
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
I saw that as well. I was mostly responding to him saying flames fans are only high on jankowski because of feaster's comments.
What about his play makes him an overrated prospect?

TheDebaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
  #667
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDebaser View Post
What about his play makes him an overrated prospect?
What?
Im a jankowski fan. Where did i say he is over rated?

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
  #668
Iggy-4-50
Registered User
 
Iggy-4-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Can we justy all agree the Jankowski was not a very good pick, an that his chances of becoming a solid NHLer are pretty slim?
Jankowski + Sieloff so far looks better than the original 14th pick(Girgensons) why not go piss on Buffalo's cornflakes?

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 12:33 AM
  #669
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,089
vCash: 50
I really like Girgenson's, would probably take him over Janko, but I'd take Janko and Seiloff over him.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:12 AM
  #670
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,121
vCash: 137
Girgenson is no doubt a better prospect than Jankowski.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:16 AM
  #671
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Girgenson is no doubt a better prospect than Jankowski.
Plus he may have the best all time hockey name ever.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:24 AM
  #672
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Prepare to eat crow after his college career. The only things holding him back are experience and strength, and both are getting worked on in providence
And oh his lack of great hockey sense or great hands or just an over all great skill...

"Should a average prospect have an average grade???" Hmm I wonder...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:26 AM
  #673
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
And oh his lack of great hockey sense or great hands or just an over all great skill...

"Should a average prospect have an average grade???" Hmm I wonder...
Huh? Where are you getting that jank has low hockey iq and bad hands?

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:29 AM
  #674
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Sick assist in that video.

Note how the knowledgeable announcers don't make reference to the sweet steal dangle sauce at all.

Bowerman! BOWERMAN!

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:32 AM
  #675
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
Huh? Where are you getting that jank has low hockey iq and bad hands?
Did I say "low" or "bad"... can you show me where I said those things...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.