HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
T.Teräväinen or A.Lehkonen.. who has a higher potential?
Questions like this just make our fanbase look bad. Come on dude.

Old
08-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Hagged

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Questions like this just make our fanbase look bad. Come on dude.
It isn't as black and white as it seems. I think that Lehkonen is actually one of the rare gamebreaking types within the Finnish prospects. He is a goalscorer, and a shifty puck mover. He is a similar boom or bust style of prospect as Armia, but with totally different skill set. I think his ceiling is actually sky high, but the chance to reach it is less than that of Teravainen. But I think we should remember that while Teravainen was almost 2013 eligible, Lehkonen was almost 2014 eligible. So comparing their 17 year old seasons in FEL:

Teravainen, 40 games 18 points, 0.45PPG
Lehkonen, 45 games 30 points, 0.67PPG

WJC-18
Teravainen, 6 games 8 points, 1.33PPG
Lehkonen, 7 games 10 points, 1.43PPG

It doesn't seem as sure. They are of the same size (Lehkonen being a year younger), they both lack top speed but are elusive players.

The thing that makes Teravainen the better prospect in my mind is that he is more of a "sure thing" while Lehkonen has that bust potential only a few prospects of his talent level have.

So all in all, nobody is making their fan base look bad for making the honest question. I don't have an opinion of Teravainen's potential, but I can definitely see why a Habs fan would want to ask that question. And the answer is not as black and white as intuition on their prospect status would suggest.

Old
08-12-2013, 01:46 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
It isn't as black and white as it seems. I think that Lehkonen is actually one of the rare gamebreaking types within the Finnish prospects. He is a goalscorer, and a shifty puck mover. He is a similar boom or bust style of prospect as Armia, but with totally different skill set. I think his ceiling is actually sky high, but the chance to reach it is less than that of Teravainen. But I think we should remember that while Teravainen was almost 2013 eligible, Lehkonen was almost 2014 eligible. So comparing their 17 year old seasons in FEL:

Teravainen, 40 games 18 points, 0.45PPG
Lehkonen, 45 games 30 points, 0.67PPG

WJC-18
Teravainen, 6 games 8 points, 1.33PPG
Lehkonen, 7 games 10 points, 1.43PPG

It doesn't seem as sure. They are of the same size (Lehkonen being a year younger), they both lack top speed but are elusive players.

The thing that makes Teravainen the better prospect in my mind is that he is more of a "sure thing" while Lehkonen has that bust potential only a few prospects of his talent level have.

So all in all, nobody is making their fan base look bad for making the honest question. I don't have an opinion of Teravainen's potential, but I can definitely see why a Habs fan would want to ask that question. And the answer is not as black and white as intuition on their prospect status would suggest.
Stats are stats but Lehkonen had fantastic season start last year but after that slowed down. Teräväinen had slow start because he had hard times to adapt to playing center. At the time i thought that Lehkonen was the bettet prospect but now i don't have any doubt that Teräväinen is better prospect with fair margin.

Lehkonen is more advanced two-way player and works extremely hard. He has good hands, lethal shot but his goal scoring instincts stand out. He is a sneaky goal scorer who can score in every way. He needs to be less fearless and take less risks. But this kid is crushed at times when Teräväinen dodges nearly every check. He isn't scared of checks but he has skating ability that allows him to avoid them like RHN has. For a smallish player it is very important and helpful skill to have.

Teräväinen is a guy who leads the whole orchestra and makes everyone around him better offensive players. He can take control of the game if needed. Has much better skating than Lehkonen, as good shot with better onetimer but his playmaking ability is miles ahead Lehkonen. Teräväinen is very effective playmaker and his speciality is that he is very good passer on his backhand. That gives a suprising moment and the necessary extra time to create play because his backhand passes are so high quality. Hard to defend against a guy who can pass extremely well on both sides and shoot the puck very well. Teräväinen is multi dimensional threat at the offensive zone. Lehkonen is a guy who is good player to add but he isn't a guy who controls the game and makes his team mates much better. Teräväinen has developed his two-way game and when i watch him being a guy who is willing to learn and play defense hard i doubt that he ever has problems in defensive game.

For me it would be Teräväinen with fair margin.

Last edited by thomast: 08-12-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old
08-12-2013, 02:13 AM
thomashefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Stats are stats but Lehkonen had fantastic season start last year but after that slowed down. Teräväinen had slow start because he had hard times to adapt to playing center. At the time i thought that Lehkonen was the bettet prospect but now i don't have any doubt that Teräväinen is better prospect with fair margin.

Lehkonen is more advanced two-way player and works extremely hard. He has good hands, lethal shot but his goal scoring instincts stand out. He is a sneaky goal scorer who can score in every way. He needs to be less fearless and take less risks. But this kid is crushed at times when Teräväinen dodges nearly every check. He isn't scared of checks but he has skating ability that allows him to avoid them like RHN has. For a smallish player it is very important and helpful skill to have.

Teräväinen is a guy who leads the whole orchestra and makes everyone around him better offensive players. He can take control of the game if needed. Has much better skating than Lehkonen, as good shot with better onetimer but his playmaking ability is miles ahead Lehkonen. Teräväinen is very effective playmaker and his speciality is that he is very good passer on his backhand. That gives a suprising moment and the necessary extra time to create play because his backhand passes are so high quality. Hard to defend against a guy who can pass extremely well on both sides and shoot the puck very well. Teräväinen is multi dimensional threat at the offensive zone. Lehkonen is a guy who is good player to add but he isn't a guy who controls the game and makes his team mates much better. Teräväinen has developed his tao-way game and when i watch him being a guy who is willing to learn and play defense hard i doubt that he ever has problems in defensive game.

For me it would be Teräväinen with fair margin.
fantastic post. couldnt agree more.

Old
08-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Stats are stats but Lehkonen had fantastic season start last year but after that slowed down.
I wasn't talking about who is the better prospect but who has higher potential.

But isn't there that high POTENTIAL in Lehkonen, he could be that player of the "fantastic start". Isn't there something Armia-like in his production. The difference between the good day and bad day is still too big. Of course the reasons between it are different, Lehkonen always competes, but sometimes his drive for offensive production is lacking.

Now, don't get me wrong, of course I'm saying Teravainen is the better prospect and he is far more likely to reach it. But is it so bad to ask the question which one has the higher potential that another posters from the same fanbase should be ashamed of it.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:48 AM
thomast

Quote:
I wasn't talking about who is the better prospect but who has higher potential.

But isn't there that high POTENTIAL in Lehkonen, he could be that player of the "fantastic start". Isn't there something Armia-like in his production. The difference between the good day and bad day is still too big. Of course the reasons between it are different, Lehkonen always competes, but sometimes his drive for offensive production is lacking.

Now, don't get me wrong, of course I'm saying Teravainen is the better prospect and he is far more likely to reach it. But is it so bad to ask the question which one has the higher potential that another posters from the same fanbase should be ashamed of it.
Why he is far more likely to reach his potential? Teräväinen has all necessary tools to be succesful in the small ice. He has bulked up weight without losing anything from his skating. Lehkonen has many questionmarks if he can be succesful in the NHL because he doesen't have similar skating as Teräväinen. He doesen't have similar ability to dodge checks.

It's nothing wrong to have own opinions but IMO Teräväinen is much safer bet than Lehkonen because of his tools and has fair edge on potential. I have my reasonings and i have posted it on my previous post. Lehkonen still is a good prospect but with many questionmarks. Teräväinen IMO has great place to be succesful in chicago and he get great linemates. Teräväinen is very high on hawks hierarchy. Bowman is extremely high on him and always when he has talked about him he seem to be certain that Teräväinen is important part of their future.

Lehkonen is part of a very deep prospect system and has much more competition. I don't see that he has essier route to go and with his injury history anything can happen. I could see Lehkonen being Zach Parise lite or Mike Cammaleri type of player if everything goes well but sky is the limit for Teuvo.

Lehkonen has change to suprise but right now Teräväinen is by fair margin better prospect and his potential is clearly better.

Old
08-12-2013, 06:57 AM
FofH

Quote:
Why he is far more likely to reach his potential? Teräväinen has all necessary tools to be succesful in the small ice. He has bulked up weight without losing anything from his skating. Lehkonen has many questionmarks if he can be succesful in the NHL because he doesen't have similar skating as Teräväinen. He doesen't have similar ability to dodge checks.

It's nothing wrong to have own opinions but IMO Teräväinen is much safer bet than Lehkonen because of his tools and has fair edge on potential. I have my reasonings and i have posted it on my previous post. Lehkonen still is a good prospect but with many questionmarks. Teräväinen IMO has great place to be succesful in chicago and he get great linemates. Teräväinen is very high on hawks hierarchy. Bowman is extremely high on him and always when he has talked about him he seem to be certain that Teräväinen is important part of their future.

Lehkonen is part of a very deep prospect system and has much more competition. I don't see that he has essier route to go and with his injury history anything can happen. I could see Lehkonen being Zach Parise lite or Mike Cammaleri type of player if everything goes well but sky is the limit for Teuvo.

Lehkonen has change to suprise but right now Teräväinen is by fair margin better prospect and his potential is clearly better.
I think he meant that Teravainen was the better prospect and likely to reach the potential.

Old
08-12-2013, 07:03 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FofH View Post
I think he meant that Teravainen was the better prospect and likely to reach the potential.
Oh... My bad...

Old
08-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Hagged

Quote:
There might be something wrong with my English there but I'll try to make bullet points on some of my opinions:

Teravainen is more likely to reach his potential.

Teravainen has shown ability to play center, and his skill level is higher than that of Lehkonen. Lehkonen has a lot to do to be on Teravainen's level as prospect and even more things to do before he could have the better career than Teravainen. Lehkonen will need a lot of things to go well in his development to get to NHL. Teravainen has fewer things he needs to work on.

Which one has the higher offensive ceiling, is the thing I'm not that sure. This is the thing what I'm talking about. Lehkonen is a goal scoring winger and will have a different development curve than Teravainen. Lehkonen's best asset is his shot and especially the quick release. With his shot and high offensive IQ (less than that of Teravainen but higher than average for a winger) he could become a very good goal scorer on the NHL level. My intuition is that goal scorers tend to be more streaky, especially as prospects. If Lehkonen can learn to be consistent and less streaky, and keep the highest level of play we have seen on hist best days, I think he COULD in principle reach a higher ceiling than Teravainen.

At least I don't see what is wrong in asking the question. About the ceiling of course, not who is the better prospect or more valuable as a prospect. I know most have the opinion that Teravainen has the higher ceiling on top of being the obviously better prospect, but I'm one of those who also look at stats, and statistically, Lehkonen has always outperformed Teravainen. I think that despite the mountain Lehkonen has to climb to reach his potential, there is something in him that has made him produce in WJC-18, FEL, Finnish Junior-20, Junior-18 etc.

And I'll say this just in case, Teravainen>Lehkonen AINEC . But as far as the offensive ceiling goes at least I would lose the AINEC.

EDIT: Half an hour late, that's how quick I'm in writing english. But I will have to ask you thomast, since you actually seem to know about these prospects, how do see Lehkonen's offensive ceiling on the NHL level? Just the absolute ceiling, not how you think he'll end up? Second line winger 25goals 50 points? As I see his ceiling as a first line winger, with a couple of 35 goal seasons if he gets a center good enough.

Last edited by Hagged: 08-12-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old
08-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Erikfromfin

Even tho both these guys are good talents they are mear shadows of Aleksander Barkov. he is the one and true elite talent. i paid few hundred euros just to watch his games from urho tv last year and he is a beast. he dominated the finnish sm league when as lehkonen and teräväinen were just good players in theyre teams.

Old
08-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikfromfin View Post
they are mear shadows of Aleksander Barkov. he is the one and true elite talent. i paid few hundred euros just to watch his games from urho tv last year and he is a beast.
Why? I can understand a question about a comparison of specific prospect, but to come to a Teravainen thread to say that Sidney Crosby was on a whole another level as a prospect is just not wise. There is a Barkov thread and your post would fit much better there even if it still wouldn't bring any value to the discussion.

Here are the stats from the WJEC tournament. Click on the pts column to rank by points etc...

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/st...ts&tool=826532

Seems like Teravainen wasn't just looking good, he also produced. Tournament leading scorer with 3 goals and 5 assists, 8 points in 5 games.

Old
08-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Erikfromfin

Didn't mean to dish Teuvo or Artturi. i just put them into perspective when we are talking finnish talent to come into nhl.

Old
08-12-2013, 08:50 AM
thomast

Quote:
There might be something wrong with my English there but I'll try to make bullet points on some of my opinions:

Teravainen is more likely to reach his potential.

Teravainen has shown ability to play center, and his skill level is higher than that of Lehkonen. Lehkonen has a lot to do to be on Teravainen's level as prospect and even more things to do before he could have the better career than Teravainen. Lehkonen will need a lot of things to go well in his development to get to NHL. Teravainen has fewer things he needs to work on.

Which one has the higher offensive ceiling, is the thing I'm not that sure. This is the thing what I'm talking about. Lehkonen is a goal scoring winger and will have a different development curve than Teravainen. Lehkonen's best asset is his shot and especially the quick release. With his shot and high offensive IQ (less than that of Teravainen but higher than average for a winger) he could become a very good goal scorer on the NHL level. My intuition is that goal scorers tend to be more streaky, especially as prospects. If Lehkonen can learn to be consistent and less streaky, and keep the highest level of play we have seen on hist best days, I think he COULD in principle reach a higher ceiling than Teravainen.

At least I don't see what is wrong in asking the question. About the ceiling of course, not who is the better prospect or more valuable as a prospect. I know most have the opinion that Teravainen has the higher ceiling on top of being the obviously better prospect, but I'm one of those who also look at stats, and statistically, Lehkonen has always outperformed Teravainen. I think that despite the mountain Lehkonen has to climb to reach his potential, there is something in him that has made him produce in WJC-18, FEL, Finnish Junior-20, Junior-18 etc.

And I'll say this just in case, Teravainen>Lehkonen AINEC . But as far as the offensive ceiling goes at least I would lose the AINEC.

EDIT: Half an hour late, that's how quick I'm in writing english. But I will have to ask you thomast, since you actually seem to know about these prospects, how do see Lehkonen's offensive ceiling on the NHL level? Just the absolute ceiling, not how you think he'll end up? Second line winger 25goals 50 points? As I see his ceiling as a first line winger, with a couple of 35 goal seasons if he gets a center good enough.
Nothing wrong in your english. It was my bad.

Lehkonen has change to end up as a better player than Teräväinen but alot has to happen. It's not a knock on Lehkonen if Teräväinen is ahead him because Teuvo is pretty damn good prospect. They're both differend players. I think that you underestimate Teräväinen's shot. He has quick release and his onetimer is very good. Teräväinen can finish plays too but he doesen't have similar goal scoring instincts as Lehkonen has but the difference between their playmaking ability is bigger. Lehkonen is a good playmaker but Teräväinen is on different level.

Habs fans should be very excited to have Lehkonen at late 2nd round. If he overcome his concussion problems and find a way how he doesen't put him into dangerous situations he could be home run. But if we compare his potential to Teuvo who had one of the most highest ceilings for his draft it's not close but it's not far too. Fair margin is my opinion about the difference between their potential.

Old
08-13-2013, 03:41 PM
maximus tacitus
Mathmew Purrrr Oh!

vCash: 50

Old
08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
bookjones

^ Teuvo huevos!

Old
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
bookjones

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3h
For ESPN Insiders: My thoughts on WJC camp prospects for teams CAN, SWE and FIN http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...valuation-camp

Quote:
Teuvo Teravainen, C, Chicago Blackhawks (Jokerit-SM-Liiga)

With Chicago GM Stan Bowman in attendance, Teravainen had a fantastic week and led all players in scoring. "He's been great here" said Finland head coach Karri Kivi "I think he was the best player at the tournament." He had scouts buzzing about how dangerous he was every shift with one of the more memorable performances at this under-20 camp in the last few years. Teravainen's great speed, puck skills, vision and shooting skill are what made him so dangerous.

He was able to split defenders and push the pace, while also controlling the play with the man advantage and setting up many scoring chances. What was interesting was not only what Teravainen did on offense, but also on defense. He played a lot of tough defensive minutes, logging penalty killing time, and even killing off a 5-on-3. When asked about how he felt in a penalty killing role, Teravainen said, "It was my first time [in International play.]"

Old
08-13-2013, 08:01 PM
bookjones

In keeping with Pronman's ESPN NJEC recap here is a Twitterverse chronological recap of Teravainen's performance last week for anyone who didn't read other threads, read Twitter, or buy the games on FastHockey.

August 4, 2013:

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 4 Aug
Teuvo Teravainen collects a rebound and scores for Finland. 1-1 in the first. Great passing between Teravainen and Maatta prior to goal.

Derek Felix ‏@NewYorkPuck 4 Aug
Two breakaways but no goal. Teravainen misses his second. Hayden is denied.

Teravainen with another great offensive display again, splitting the defense with speed, shot got deflected by goalie Anthony Stolarz though

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 4 Aug
CHI's Teravainen dangerous on every shift. High-end talent level.

Clearly on another level compared to most forwards today. RT @coreypronman CHI's Teravainen dangerous on every shift. High-end talent level

Artturi Lehkonen and Teuvu Teravainen should be a pretty potent combo at the WJC this year. They connected again for Lehkonen's PPG. 3-1 FIN

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 4 Aug
Judging by tweets out of Lake Placid, Chicago prospect Teuvo Teravainen is a guy that needs to be seen.
@JoeYerdonPHT Yes, Joe Yerdon of Pro Hockey Talk. Yes he is.

In 2nd period liked: Teravainen (CHI), Lehkonen (MTL), O'Regan (SJS), Bailey (BUF), Carrick (WSH). Flashes from Skjei (NYR).

CHI's Teravainen makes it 4-3 FIN on the PP. Tremendous game from him.

Teravainen scores on a power play. What an awesome set up and then a blast with traffic in front. Teravainen is lethal.

Teravainen does it again. Beautiful one-timer on the power play makes it 4-3 FIN. Seriously, no one on the ice close to him.

Teravainen all over the ice. He's a Blackhawk. So is Hayden.

Adam Kimelman ‏@NHLAdamK 4 Aug
After 1st 2 games, most impressive player i've seen is Teuvo Teravainen. Incredible puck skills, great shot and plays solid defensively

NYI's Pokka wins it in OT. Teravainen with the great set up. Teravainen player of the game and not even close.

Finland's top line of Teravainen, Lehkonen and Kapanen as well as top D pairing of Pokka and Mattaa is a special group of players. #NJEC

Russ Bitely ‏@russbites 4 Aug
Sounds like the high-end stick skills, soft hands, and elite vision were working for Teuvo Teravainen today again. #highhockeyIQ #NJEC

Teuvo Teravainen what a player.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 4 Aug
Teuvo Teravainen- Chicago Blackhawks prospect. You know- the guys who won 2 Stanley Cups since 2010? Scary good system- on track to add more
Sean White ‏@Sean_White26 4 Aug
@kluedeke29 Went to their prospects camp the last couple years. Love what they've got coming down the pipeline.
Best player on the ice. Size not an issue. RT @MikeBradley27 @me overall, how did future Hawk Teravainen look? He's still undersized, right?

Top line for Finland (Lehkonen-Teravainen-Kapanen) was the buzz for the day following the games. They were great.

Teravainen said he needs at least one more season in Finland before coming over.

August 5, 2013:

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 5 Aug
In 2nd period liked: Teravainen (CHI), Cammarata (NYI), McCoshen (FLA), Sieloff (CGY), M Brodzinski (SJ), Q Shore (OTT), Maatta (PIT).

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 5 Aug
Teuvo Teravainen breaks the shutout bid as he spilts through D and roofs one blocker side on Gillies. 5-1 USA White #NJEC

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 5 Aug
CHI's Teravainen scoring leader at the WJC camp through 2 games. PIT Maatta, COL Butcher and MTL Collberg and Lehkonen tied for 2nd.

August 7, 2013:

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 7 Aug
Also liked Reinhart (2014) and Teravainen (CHI).

HockeyProspect.com ‏@ScoutingService 7 Aug
Teravainen with a few too many turnovers but overall has been good. He just needs to cut down exposing the puck so much on his dangles.

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 7 Aug
Been doing it all week. He's pretty not bad. #NJEC

August 8, 2013:

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 8 Aug
Another great assist from Teravainen finding Lehkonen in front for a little chip in. Lehkonen's fifth goal of the #NJEC. 2-1 FIN

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 8 Aug
MTL's Lehkonen taps it in to make it 2-1 Finland. Teravainen with the set up.

Lehkonen and Teravainen led the camp in scoring prior to this game.

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 8 Aug
Teuvo is as advertised. Looks like a much more complete offensive player this year.

Liked in 2nd: Compher (BUF), Carrick (WSH), Vainonen (NSH), Teravainen (CHI), Butcher (COL), Fasching (LAK), Motte (CHI), Nieves (NYR).

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 8 Aug
@AndrewCieslak HANDS AND HANDS AND HANDS AND HANDS AND GOALS AND GOALS AND GOALS.

Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 8 Aug
.Gif Teuvo Teravainen can QB the PP: http://thescore.com/nhl/articles/124...the-power-play … Sets up a lovely goal with a fake and a slick backhand pass.

FIN-USA to a shootout. No clear player of the game for me, but CHI's Teravainen has the edge.

Shootout time. Gimmie some Teuvo here.

Teravainen beat Stolarz... But hit the crossbar.

Timo Seppa ‏@timoseppa 8 Aug
In Lake Placid for the games today: not impressed by USA or Finland (aside from Teravainen). I could see a down year for both at the WJC.

August 10, 2013:

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 10 Aug
Teravainen with a beauty backhand on a penalty shot. 1-1 game. What a week for him.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 10 Aug
Penalty shot for Teuvo Teravainen...oh boy!

Backhand laser- boom. 1-1 game

Teravainen just made a flip pass from his own end over 3 SWE players to hit a streaking Kapanen on the wing and completely meant to do that.

Also in 2nd liked Burakowsky (WSH), Maatta (PIT), Teravainen (CHI), Possler (BUF), Wallmark (undrafted), Karlsson (CAR).

Teravainen on a breakaway. Tie game. Have mercy.

Teravainen capitalizes on Dahlstrom losing his edge after turnover and bang- 2-2 just like that. Little Finn can score at will. #Hawks

Scorers must have a killer instinct to go with their skill, hands & creativity- Teravainen has all of that & more. Bad news for rest of NHL

Teravainen gets another break but just misses the hat trick. Then almost sets up a goal. #BeastMode

Teravainen with a filthy shootout goal because why not.

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 10 Aug
Sounds like the Teuvo Teravainen show continued today in Lake Placid. One scout told me, "best I've seen at [#NJEC] since Patrick Kane."
Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 10 Aug
I was at Kane's last #NJEC and it was a pretty dominant performance. This year, Teravainen's been on a different level than everyone else.
Sandberg. Nice. Teravainen said, I'll see your backhand and raise you a filthy forehand, shot. 3rd tally today for him

Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 10 Aug
My Sunday ramblings for @DobberHockey: On O'Reilly, Martin, Vanderbeek, Teravainen, Rychel and more: http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...gust-11th-2013

CHI's Teravainen ended up leading the WJC camp in scoring. MTL's Lehkonen was 2nd, and WSH's Burakowsky was 3rd.

FASTHockey ‏@FASTHOCKEY 11 Aug
Here is the Teravainen's 2nd Goal from yesterdays game vs Sweden http://www.fasthockey.com/watch/?v=v1PYvC5d #FHLive #NJEC

Russ Bitely ‏@russbites 12 Aug
Teuvo Teravainen: Probably best player on ice for the day/camp. Slick skills, great vision/thoughts, smooth skater. Beauty NHL prospect.

Russ Bitely ‏@russbites 21h
Here is Teravainen's penalty shot goal on Sat. at 2013 #NJEC vs Sweden/Dansk. http://youtu.be/jgEOEHflCoo #Blackhawks

ESPN NHL coverage ‏@ESPN_NHL 3h
NHL Draft - Teuvo Teravainen among top performers at World Junior Evaluation Camp http://es.pn/1eHF3OW

Last edited by bookjones: 08-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old
08-13-2013, 09:08 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

^Thanks for the recap.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:19 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

Yea I agree and posted it Game day. TT was the best player on the ice by a decent margin on either team when Canada played Finland IMHO.

Old
08-14-2013, 01:29 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookjones View Post
In keeping with Pronman's ESPN NJEC recap here is a Twitterverse chronological recap of Teravainen's performance last week for anyone who didn't read other threads, read Twitter, or buy the games on FastHockey.
bookjones, long time since I read one of your posts. Good to see you're still a posting Hawks fan. We share a hopeful excitement for the Finnish Flash. Let's hope he lives up to the glowing reports.

Old
08-14-2013, 02:36 AM
bookjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
bookjones, long time since I read one of your posts. Good to see you're still a posting Hawks fan. We share a hopeful excitement for the Finnish Flash. Let's hope he lives up to the glowing reports.
ER, long time no forum! Thought I'd just share that post here too---in the basically neutral Teravainen-only thread.

All we can do as Teravainen fans is hope for the best. I'm not gonna lie though, I regard him highly as a prospect. Still, it's hockey we're talking about here and NHL prospects to boot---we know the odds and how tough it is but even still, I really have no especial reason to doubt his potential for impact barring catastrophic developmental or career injuries. I think he's already been special as a teen and that he can be really special as a N.A. pro some day too. I just think Hawks fans---as anxious as they are to see him---need to be patient and recall that it took Kane until his 3rd & 4th offseasons of training for us to really palpably see his body develop to even what it is today. These kids have to be given time to grow comfortably into whatever men they are to become. So it will take a while even once he's in N.A. but that certainly doesn't mean that while that's unfolding that he can't be productive and continue to get better all-around or that he won't still impress us.

On the whole though I really just look at his entire career to-date and it fortifies my feelings about his talent. He's done nothing but serve Finland well internationally in U17, U18, and U20 play and done nothing but serve the whole Jokerit club system well playing for Jokerit U16, U18, U20 and of course playing well as a teen for the men's club. Hell, he even served Hawks fans well in his one Prospects Camp appearance last year, LOL. He's just shown development with each passing year since he was 15 and that's all you can ask of a kid who still isn't even 19. The game development on top of the natural hockey talents still rising to the top and shining through is exciting to see unfold.

Just like his post-Draft season I look forward to tracking his progress as closely as I can and watching any of his hockey that I can from N.A. this season. Here's to hoping for a sterling 2013-14 for Teuvo!

Last edited by bookjones: 08-14-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old
08-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Erikfromfin

Craig button calls him Dynamite prospect in blackhawks review. hopefully isnt referring to napoleon dynamite. http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/l...-latest/latest

Old
08-14-2013, 09:56 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookjones View Post
ER, long time no forum! Thought I'd just share that post here too---in the basically neutral Teravainen-only thread.
How are things in the other forum - as rambunctious as ever?

I liked it when I saw your post because I remember you're not given to hyperbole, so obvious you see the same potential in Teuvo as those tweaters you listed. The only game action of Teuvo I've seen were the first couple games from the WJC last year and I believe those were prelim games. So very limitted sample size for me. He played well in those games but I don't recall him standing out. Course, he was one of the younger players and I think he deferred to the older guys a bit - Ma. Granlund, Armia, et al.

Can't wait for training camp and if he impresses I may need help in tempering my enthusiasm for a year or so.

Old
08-14-2013, 12:49 PM
bookjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
How are things in the other forum - as rambunctious as ever?

I liked it when I saw your post because I remember you're not given to hyperbole, so obvious you see the same potential in Teuvo as those tweaters you listed. The only game action of Teuvo I've seen were the first couple games from the WJC last year and I believe those were prelim games. So very limitted sample size for me. He played well in those games but I don't recall him standing out. Course, he was one of the younger players and I think he deferred to the older guys a bit - Ma. Granlund, Armia, et al.

Can't wait for training camp and if he impresses I may need help in tempering my enthusiasm for a year or so.
Been on a summer posting sabbatical since the Cup win until just updating them with this latest Teuvo stuff but I'm sure it's still rambunctious, lol.

As for viewing Teuvo---it's indeed hard if you're in N.A. I had to get up at some absolutely brutal CST times to watch those last WJC games from Ufa in real-time. What a killer time difference. The pre-WJC friendlies were easy though as they were broadcast in N.A. Streams of Jokerit games are non-existent but you can get individual game highlights from their YT channel, tons of fan YT channels, and Finnish TV networks. There eventually were some longer fan vids that were shot at the 2012 Prospects Camp and those were welcome. These recently-concluded NJEC games on FastHockey were SO not cheap but there was no other choice---a fan has to do what a fan has to do! It will certainly be easier once he's presumably in the AHL at least next year as my HS subscription allows me to view the Hogs so THAT will have me crazy happy October 2014. Actually just being able to see the Hogs and the Hawks prospects in the CHL this past season on HS in general was pretty awesome.

Old
08-14-2013, 01:07 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikfromfin View Post
Craig button calls him Dynamite prospect in blackhawks review. hopefully isnt referring to napoleon dynamite. http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/l...-latest/latest
Maybe he'll bring the fans a delicious bass.

Closed Thread