Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2013, 04:59 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
I think HL has a crush on a Knights player , or is just really hoping were weakened with Bo's potential advancement.
If he makes it--- great on him!!!! I'd be happy for him and Mark would respond accordingly. I'm still of the mindset he's back thou.

Yes Vancouver is high on him ( they did give up a legit #1 starter for him) picked him top ten, and theyve signed him up BUT that doesn't garauntee a spot. Lots of kids sign and come back.

Again If he makes it great for him, it's what it's all about. But I'm looki g forward to him back. Well see. Either way well have a team that competes for the Memorial Cup

Old
08-07-2013, 07:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I think HL has a crush on a Knights player , or is just really hoping were weakened with Bo's potential advancement.
If he makes it--- great on him!!!! I'd be happy for him and Mark would respond accordingly. I'm still of the mindset he's back thou.

Yes Vancouver is high on him ( they did give up a legit #1 starter for him) picked him top ten, and theyve signed him up BUT that doesn't garauntee a spot. Lots of kids sign and come back.

Again If he makes it great for him, it's what it's all about. But I'm looki g forward to him back. Well see. Either way well have a team that competes for the Memorial Cup
Actually he is my favourite non spitfire player,hopes he makes it this season and yes I would like to see the Knights squirm without him,definitely much better team with then without him

Old
08-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
What does it prove if one of us is right other than one of us being right? Save it. I wouldn't have anything to wager anyways..LOL
Sometimes it is fun to prove people wrong when they make such bold predictions
You don't drink pop or coffee? The apple cinnamon tea's with a shot of caramel are very good....I of course get a shot of rum in there too.
So to summarize, you're scared to back up your prediction and won't wager me on it. Ok moving on then

Old
08-08-2013, 05:03 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Sometimes it is fun to prove people wrong when they make such bold predictions
You don't drink pop or coffee? The apple cinnamon tea's with a shot of caramel are very good....I of course get a shot of rum in there too.
So to summarize, you're scared to back up your prediction and won't wager me on it. Ok moving on then
In order for 2 people to make a friendly wager...both have to be friendly. I know I'm not.

If he comes back.....I'll publicly admit I was wrong on here. Done it before..it won't be the 1st time...likely won't be the last. Of London Knights drafted at 18 in the past decade...Bo Horvat to me is the most complete player and most NHL ready...others stuck that shouldn't have...Bo, in my opinion, should.

Old
08-08-2013, 07:55 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
In order for 2 people to make a friendly wager...both have to be friendly. I know I'm not.

If he comes back.....I'll publicly admit I was wrong on here. Done it before..it won't be the 1st time...likely won't be the last. Of London Knights drafted at 18 in the past decade...Bo Horvat to me is the most complete player and most NHL ready...others stuck that shouldn't have...Bo, in my opinion, should.
PP31

Cant believe we agree on something re Horvat lol somebody must have a weak moment

Who should the Knights target should that occur ?

I say Gaunce from Belleville,I say if Horvat sticks Gaunce does not,he has looked pretty good for Team Canada trials
Actually trade me Elie,Welly and Platzer for Rychel and Ebert
With those 2 deals London might win
In fact if Horvat does return do the 2 deals anyways,and trade Jammes to Sarnia for
Basso too

Old
08-08-2013, 09:10 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
PP31

Cant believe we agree on something re Horvat lol somebody must have a weak moment

I say Gaunce from Belleville,I say if Horvat sticks Gaunce does not,he has looked pretty good for Team Canada trials
In fact if Horvat does return do the 2 deals anyways,and trade Jammes to Sarnia for
Basso too
Laughton would be a better addition over Gaunce. Jammes for Basso in a heartbeat. Should try for Duininck too and you'd still have a O/A open.

Old
08-09-2013, 05:13 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights4Cup View Post
Laughton would be a better addition over Gaunce. Jammes for Basso in a heartbeat. Should try for Duininck too and you'd still have a O/A open.
Scott Laughton will not be in the OHL this year..he's slated to skate on Philly's 3rd line.

Old
08-09-2013, 05:25 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
PP31

Basso too
Agreed, Gaunce will be on the market by christmas, good kid and could help the knights this year, I'm sure Marner will have to be part of the package.

Old
08-10-2013, 06:46 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:

Sorry cannot agree with much here PP31. Lets take a deep breath before we chuck this 18 yr old kid into Van City with tons of pressure before he hits camp. That fan base is already feeling empty from the debacle of a year long now Horvat is the comp for all their bad dealing for Roberto, Schneider .

Go ahead folks and appoint this young man to pro this season but remember his foot speed and movements are much slower than pros. I will still be shocked if he plays past 4 games.....maybe less then back to London to fill out his leadership and fine tuning......WJC, Mem Cup give Van a easy dump spot where their future forward can come up slowly.....maybe some AHL early on next year.

There are still players better than Horvat clearly who are still in junior and AHL......the hype about kids is half smoke screen by dumb ass GM,s wo screwed themselves.

Old
08-10-2013, 07:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Sorry cannot agree with much here PP31. Lets take a deep breath before we chuck this 18 yr old kid into Van City with tons of pressure before he hits camp. That fan base is already feeling empty from the debacle of a year long now Horvat is the comp for all their bad dealing for Roberto, Schneider .

Go ahead folks and appoint this young man to pro this season but remember his foot speed and movements are much slower than pros. I will still be shocked if he plays past 4 games.....maybe less then back to London to fill out his leadership and fine tuning......WJC, Mem Cup give Van a easy dump spot where their future forward can come up slowly.....maybe some AHL early on next year.

There are still players better than Horvat clearly who are still in junior and AHL......the hype about kids is half smoke screen by dumb ass GM,s wo screwed themselves.
Like I stated earlier it happens once in a while, that I'm wrong, and if it happens here...London benefits and I was wrong...beat the chest where one feels the need. I won't lose any sleep. I stated 3 years ago that Zac Rinaldo would make the NHL as a regular before Nazem Kadri and most looked at me like I had 3 heads. Point is..nobody can predict how NHL GM's will view the direction of their teams moving forward.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 08-10-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old
08-10-2013, 10:32 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Agreed, Gaunce will be on the market by christmas, good kid and could help the knights this year, I'm sure Marner will have to be part of the package.
Belleville should have a decent team this year, no? If Quine returns, even more so. In an OHL host year, I'd be surprised to see a decent East team be sellers.
I would love to see the trio of Canucks prospects in London though. Horvat, Gaunce and Subban. A 2nd line of Gaunce, Tierney and Anderson would be filthy, and Subban could be that top 4 d-man the Knights need. Unfortunately that deal would include Marner and at this point I would hate to see him go. Haven't seen him play yet though.

As for the Canucks, they didn't even keep the Sedins with the team as 18 year olds. I doubt they keep Horvat as a 3rd or 4th line center. If it was Calgary or Edmonton, I'd be more worried Bo would stick in the NHL.

Old
08-10-2013, 12:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Belleville should have a decent team this year, no? If Quine returns, even more so. In an OHL host year, I'd be surprised to see a decent East team be sellers.
I would love to see the trio of Canucks prospects in London though. Horvat, Gaunce and Subban. A 2nd line of Gaunce, Tierney and Anderson would be filthy, and Subban could be that top 4 d-man the Knights need. Unfortunately that deal would include Marner and at this point I would hate to see him go. Haven't seen him play yet though.

As for the Canucks, they didn't even keep the Sedins with the team as 18 year olds. I doubt they keep Horvat as a 3rd or 4th line center. If it was Calgary or Edmonton, I'd be more worried Bo would stick in the NHL.
Word here is the Quine will sign with bridgeport of the ahl. Zharkov has signed in the khl, so other than Gaunce the forwards are very thin.

Old
08-10-2013, 12:57 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Actually he is my favourite non spitfire player,hopes he makes it this season and yes I would like to see the Knights squirm without him,definitely much better team with then without him
Vancouver needs a 3rd line centerman. Horvat could be that guy, but I think Horvat needs to clean up his skating in the next few years so its not a liability. He has so many tools to his game, thats the one thing u want to see him develop a bit more. I think Vancouver won that trade, Schnieder is un-proven with 100 games played and has shown mental weakness in my eyes. Too small a sample size to judge a goalie. Horvat is a safe, 10+ year effective pro in my eyes. To me down the road, he projects out as a second line center, I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a #1 center in a few years.

Old
08-10-2013, 01:46 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Word here is the Quine will sign with bridgeport of the ahl. Zharkov has signed in the khl, so other than Gaunce the forwards are very thin.
Not just those two, but also Graovac, Brassard and Cramarossa graduating. Plus you lose Cardwell's offense from the back end. Not a whole lot of scoring returning this year beyond Gaunce up front and Subban on the blueline. It's going to be a very young team, but there are some breakout candidates (Petti/Berisha/Graham) who could help keep this group competitive.

Either way, this team doesn't have the high end talent or depth to win anything this season. They were built to win last year and had a great season, but a lot of picks were dealt away in the process. The best move IMO would be to cash in on your big trade assets at some point this season in order to restock the cupboard. I expect to see guys like Gaunce and Austin moved for picks and/or young players.

Old
08-10-2013, 02:45 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post

Old
08-11-2013, 08:48 PM
chewerjones

Vancouver Canucks are a bit of a Gong Show right now, and if they know how to ruin a young star like Horvat, they will. He will be a great fit for them, because he is a 2 way centre, and comes cheap. However, he may not be ready for the NHL, and may rush him. They forego 1 year of eligibility on Corrado to have him play 4 games in the playoffs. The Luongo/Schneider situation. Mike Gillis must go.

London Knights will miss Horvat, but the Hunters will fill his void immediately. They have so much talent that is sitting on the bench, and McCarronn and Marner will help out tremendously. They picked up 2 import dmen that should be able to walk right into the lineup, like Maatta did.

Old
08-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Vancouver Canucks are a bit of a Gong Show right now, and if they know how to ruin a young star like Horvat, they will. He will be a great fit for them, because he is a 2 way centre, and comes cheap. However, he may not be ready for the NHL, and may rush him. They forego 1 year of eligibility on Corrado to have him play 4 games in the playoffs. The Luongo/Schneider situation. Mike Gillis must go.

London Knights will miss Horvat, but the Hunters will fill his void immediately. They have so much talent that is sitting on the bench, and McCarronn and Marner will help out tremendously. They picked up 2 import dmen that should be able to walk right into the lineup, like Maatta did.
Zadorov is definitely coming back. Maatta also has a good shot of returning.

Buffalo and Pittsburgh both have some really good prospects on D that are ahead of them both.

I'm really hoping Broadhurst returns. Then we could flip a 2nd, 3rd and a Marner for Gaunce.

Tierney-Domi-Broadhurst
McCarron-Horvat-Gaunce
Rupert-Rupert-Anderson
Elie-Platzer-Welychka

Jammes and OMac for trade bait to upgrade D? I'd understand it if we had to trade Elie/Platzer, considering their value would be higher.

Old
08-11-2013, 09:11 PM
aresknights

Zadarov and Matta not going to be here?

Those imports were just insurance

Old
08-11-2013, 09:37 PM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Quote:

At the All State yesterday game I was able to talk with someone (who would know), that suggested it's been communicated that Horvat, Domi and Broadhurst will be back in London. You honestly never know, but it cemented things I've heard independently. Take it for what you will.

Personally I dont think Broadhurst needs another year, but it seems to be the dialog thats out there. As I said, take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by SeanLafortune: 08-11-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old
08-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanLafortune View Post
At the All State yesterday game I was able to talk with someone (who would know), that suggested it's been communicated that Horvat, Domi and Broadhurst will be back in London. You honestly never know, but it cemented things I've heard independently. Take it for what you will.

Personally I dont think Broadhurst needs another year, but it seems to be the dialog thats out there. As I said, take it with a grain of salt.
That would be welcomed news if it holds true!

McCarron Horvat Domi
Broadhurst Tierney Anderson
Rupert Rupert Elie
MacDonald Platzer Welychka
(and 'if' Griffith is back put him on the 2nd line, and shuffle Anderson down, then Elie down and Macdonald sits).

Adding Gaunce to this mix would be nice. Cost a few high picks and a blue chipper (see Marner)

I wonder if Paxton Leroux has been told to work hard this summer and he could be rewarded with a #6 or 7 dman spot of the team
Our D needs some work.....

Maatta Zadorov
Liberati Mermis
Centoramme Leroux ?
ok maybe not, maybe it is Sefton but god help us if it is.

This is where we need to acquire Alex Basso and quickly. 6'1 184pounds, Right handed shot....he is a decent puck moving defenceman (11g 33a=44pts last year).
Send Pawley to play near home for Basso.

Two Fridays from now, I will be in my seat at the Gardens! Gotta love this time of year!

Old
08-12-2013, 10:09 AM
aresknights

Leroux maybe needed for a bit, MacAttack may have a few opponents lining up to challenge him after all his talk . It's all good and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Good line up 77. So many options for combos up front and I'm sure well em all (we know how Dale runs his bench) I posted in the project line up thread based on what we have now
Mac-Broadhurst- Domi
Elie- Bo- Anderson
Rupert-Tierney-Rupert
Wely-Platzer- Marner
If Broadhurst sticks, Bo, Tierney, Platz move up and OMac plays.

Aahh forget it, I've already swapped wingers in my line up

Gonna be "another" great year at the Bud.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:19 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanLafortune View Post

Not surprised on this tidbit at all Sean. I keep repeating Domi, Horvat, Broaddy all got over powered in Mem Cup at times......it was so obvious they are still only 2 year kids playing against CHL vets who were finishing their 19 yr old seasons.

Hype is all Van do.........they got some blemishes to hide and those Shinkaruk, Horvat young ins give fans some interest .

Old
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

Sorry, as a lurking Canucks fan you really don't have a clue. Who cares if they used up a year of Corrado's ELC? He was a better option than anything else they had....definitely didn't look out of place.

Horvat will get a look, but will be sent back, no need to panic.

The Luongo/Schneider situation is convoluted and complex and nobody on this entire HFboards has any inklings of what has happened with that situation in the last 20 or so months.

----

Back to the Knights, as a Canucks fan, it would be nice to see Gaunce there too, makes it easier to follow our prospects. Gaunce and Subban, would be even better and helps the Knights for this year, and then they could flip Jordan to start their rebuild the following season.

Old
08-12-2013, 01:15 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Season Ticket Booklets available for pickup beginning tomorrow, August 13th, 10 am - 6 pm, Gate 4, Dundas St.

Old
08-12-2013, 03:25 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
That would be welcomed news if it holds true!

McCarron Horvat Domi
Broadhurst Tierney Anderson
Rupert Rupert Elie
MacDonald Platzer Welychka
(and 'if' Griffith is back put him on the 2nd line, and shuffle Anderson down, then Elie down and Macdonald sits).

Adding Gaunce to this mix would be nice. Cost a few high picks and a blue chipper (see Marner)

I wonder if Paxton Leroux has been told to work hard this summer and he could be rewarded with a #6 or 7 dman spot of the team
Our D needs some work.....

Maatta Zadorov
Liberati Mermis
Centoramme Leroux ?
ok maybe not, maybe it is Sefton but god help us if it is.

This is where we need to acquire Alex Basso and quickly. 6'1 184pounds, Right handed shot....he is a decent puck moving defenceman (11g 33a=44pts last year).
Send Pawley to play near home for Basso.

Two Fridays from now, I will be in my seat at the Gardens! Gotta love this time of year!
Getting Broadhurst back would be ideal as it would save the Knights burning assets to acquire a top 6 forward. I agree with your lines other than I would put Platzer on the 3rd line with the Ruperts, and keep Elie on the 4th line.
All expendable players and picks could then be used to acquire the highest quality d-man they can. That player, along with Maataa, Zadorov and Mermis would comprise the top 4. Sefton, Liberati, and Centorame would fight for the last 2 spots.
I hope the Knights retain Leroux's rights and keep him in London with the Nats. His size and grit will come in handy at times, and he is a body that can be used come World Jr. time.
Would like the Knights to hold on to Marner if they can, his skill and offense will be badly needed starting next season.

Closed Thread