HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs draft Artturi Lehkonen with the 55th overall pick (info in OP)

Old
07-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent082 View Post
There was a good article in finnish sport magazine Urheilulehti about Lehkonen.

For example former speedskater Lauri Paalasmaa helps him with physique training.

Don't know if those training methods comes from there.

Playing in Montreal Artturi says:

"If I someday play there, it would be awesome. If everything goes well, fans are on our side. If it don't go well, there is national sorrow. It gives some kind of meaningfulness."

PS. It would be awesome if some finn who has good english could translate some main points in that article. My english is so poor that i don't wanna even try.
A lot of native English speakers on this board can't even form coherent sentences such as yours, so I think you're doing a great job.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count of DannyKristo View Post
Maybe he becomes the Teravainen pick we missed out on in a trade up last year. They had practically the same stats... and Teuvo was a year older.
Teuvo is miles better. Better skater, more agile and much better playmaker.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He's not miles better by any means. They're not the same kind of players. Teravainen is a better skater but it's not like Lekhonen is Hal Gill here... Also in the same way you assess this I could say Lekhonen is much better at shooting the puck than Teravainen.

The fact that TT went in the first round last year doesnt make him any better than Lekhonen. I'd AL would be a first rounder in the last draft too. Picking him at 55 was a treat. There surely was a lot more hype around Teuvo due to the poor draft and how TT liked TT rumour. Really, there's not much difference.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count of DannyKristo View Post
Maybe he becomes the Teravainen pick we missed out on in a trade up last year. They had practically the same stats... and Teuvo was a year older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's not miles better by any means. They're not the same kind of players. Teravainen is a better skater but it's not like Lekhonen is Hal Gill here... Also in the same way you assess this I could say Lekhonen is much better at shooting the puck than Teravainen.

The fact that TT went in the first round last year doesnt make him any better than Lekhonen. I'd AL would be a first rounder in the last draft too. Picking him at 55 was a treat. There surely was a lot more hype around Teuvo due to the poor draft and how TT liked TT rumour. Really, there's not much difference.
I agree with this post of Mrb1p and here is my reasoning. On the prospect board there was discussion on which one has the higher potential, TT or Lehkonen, and the posts went like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc
T.Teräväinen or A.Lehkonen.. who has a higher potential?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Questions like this just make our fanbase look bad. Come on dude.
Now, I can see where Marc is coming from. Teravainen thread on the prospect board might not be the best place for this question. And add to that the other one is a few weeks ago drafted late 2nd rounder. But here is what I posted. And this post fits well as a reply to the post of DekeLikeYouMeanIt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
It isn't as black and white as it seems. I think that Lehkonen is actually one of the rare gamebreaking types within the Finnish prospects. He is a goalscorer, and a shifty puck mover. He is a similar boom or bust style of prospect as Armia, but with totally different skill set. I think his ceiling is actually sky high, but the chance to reach it is less than that of Teravainen. But I think we should remember that while Teravainen was almost 2013 eligible, Lehkonen was almost 2014 eligible. So comparing their 17 year old seasons in FEL:

Teravainen, 40 games 18 points, 0.45PPG
Lehkonen, 45 games 30 points, 0.67PPG

WJC-18
Teravainen, 6 games 8 points, 1.33PPG
Lehkonen, 7 games 10 points, 1.43PPG

It doesn't seem as sure. They are of the same size (Lehkonen being a year younger), they both lack top speed but are elusive players.

The thing that makes Teravainen the better prospect in my mind is that he is more of a "sure thing" while Lehkonen has that bust potential only a few prospects of his talent level have.

So all in all, nobody is making their fan base look bad for making the honest question. I don't have an opinion of Teravainen's potential, but I can definitely see why a Habs fan would want to ask that question. And the answer is not as black and white as intuition on their prospect status would suggest.

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Horrible pick with Diaby still on the board. Diaby was a clear and present need. Another smurf was not.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 09:07 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Horrible pick with Diaby still on the board. Diaby was a clear and present need. Another smurf was not.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Artturi is a hell of a talent, and the conversations I've had with scouts are nothing but great things.

He's already playing with men, and won rookie of the year, Timmins was impressed with that feat to name a few.

Diaby would have been a good choice, but I can assure you Leks is a great pick, and many were shocked he fell to 55.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 09:09 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
I'll just assume that it was sarcasm and not another guy who knows nothing about Lehkonen except his size.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Sarcasm ?

I hope, saying Lehkonen is a horrible pick, is horrible in itself...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Darz

Quote:
Diaby is at least three years away from contributing to an NHL team, if he does at all. Who knows where the habs needs will be at that point

08-11-2013, 11:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Haha. bet you loved that moroz pick last year

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Damn it. We should have taken Diaby with this pick. We do ont need another Collberg or Kristo. We already have them AND Gallagher. I am losing faith in Timmins with this draft.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Sarcasm ?

I hope, saying Lehkonen is a horrible pick, is horrible in itself...
Not sure it is sarcasm. That first post was from the draft day. Seems like this guy just really REALLY doesn't like the Lehkonen pick.

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 09:15 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I wouldn't want to put any extra stress on our prospects, so if they are reading this go to another thread. I can envision a Hab PP in the future with Subban & A Gally on the points, with A.Lehkonen, S.Collberg and M.McCarron up front this line will be named the (Lock and Load Boyz) after about ten games on the PP unit.

A.Gally & Subban will be Asst.Capt.'s and deflect their participation to the youngsters great work together, a normal trait amongst the Habs great team of the near future.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Et le But

Quote:
We should have drafted nothing but Conor Crisps.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 09:24 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We should have drafted nothing but Conor Crisps.

Whoever made this is a genius

Old
08-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Grant McCagg

Alright.. I'm not McCarron much for the direction this thread is taking - this thread is just getting silly. Can we get back on a serious note please?

It's amazing how many classic songs have been written about this year's draft picks.

- McCarron My Wayward Son - A Kansas classic

- Paul McCartney wrote this classic in 1976."Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell, Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell...do me a favour, open the door, and Lekhonen."

- Not to be outdone, that same year his former bandmate George Harrison penned "The Ballad of Sir Connor Crisp (Let it Roll)".

- And we can't forget Elvis' tear jerking ode to Sven - "Another little baby child is born... Andrighetto...Andrighetto."

- Sinatra of course - "But more much more than this, I did it Reway."

- University of Texas' fight song - "There's a de la rose in Texas, that I am going to see".

And let's not kid ourselves - we all know who Pearl Jam's classic "Jeremy" is about...

- Dean Martin crooned about Zach too - "Fucale, oh oh, Zach Fucale, oh oh oh oh."

One other note on Fucale - I think his nickname should be "Sweet" - Sweet Fucale.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 10:46 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Alright.. I'm not McCarron much for the direction this thread is taking - this thread is just getting silly. Can we get back on a serious note please?

It's amazing how many classic songs have been written about this year's draft picks.

- Paul McCartney wrote this classic in 1976."Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell, Someone's knocking at the door, somebody's ringing the bell...do me a favour, open the door, and Lekhonen."

- Not to be outdone, that same year his former bandmate George Harrison penned "The Ballad of Sir Connor Crisp (Let it Roll)".

- And we can't forget Elvis' tear jerking ode to Sven - "Another little baby child is born... Andrighetto...Andrighetto."

- University of Texas' fight song - "There's a de la rose in Texas, that I am going to see".

And let's not kid ourselves - we all know who Pearl Jam's classic "Jeremy" is about...

- Dean Martin crooned about Zach too - "Fucale, oh oh, Zach Fucale, oh oh oh oh."

One other note on Fucale - I think his nickname should be "Sweet" - Sweet Fucale.
You had me at Reway

Old
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

Uh, that caught me off guard, thanks for the good laugh during my lunch.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 09:51 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Haha. bet you loved that moroz pick last year
I loved that pick and Oscar Dansk pick too then the Habs pick I thought they blackmailed Edm. & CBJ to get Collberg. I have to say Jarmo wouldn't have passed on Collberg, just like Dano he knows his European players. Getting Collberg in the 2nd will have a lot of GM's kicking themselves for that one, in the next few years. Lehkonen at #55 was another stroke that looks like a real kicker too.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I loved that pick and Oscar Dansk pick too then the Habs pick I thought they blackmailed Edm. & CBJ to get Collberg. I have to say Jarmo wouldn't have passed on Collberg, just like Dano he knows his European players. Getting Collberg in the 2nd will have a lot of GM's kicking themselves for that one, in the next few years. Lehkonen at #55 was another stroke that looks like a real kicker too.
Again im pretty sure the combination of size and concussion history made hesitate lots of gms since its a deep draft they might as well take someone with lower potential but bigger and no medical history. Otherwise undoubtly 1st round talent.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:21 PM
29dryden29

Prospect training.

Crazy training.

http://www.habsfuture.com/2013/08/ar...ig-league.html

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Dagistitsyn

Crazy, and he is only 160 pounds! Yikes.

Dagistitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:10 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I posted the same videos earlier in this thread. That is awful training, and likely the reason he is built like a 10 year old girl.

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uocooco View Post
This is great training, he's training the right way, the smart way. His training reminds me of some of GSP's training routines. I don't know why you think this is awful training... do you want him to do bicep curls and bench press all day and eat like a mad man to rack up the lbs (mostly fat)?
Literally the only thing in that video that would be a staple in GSP's routines are the depth jumps. I would love for you to find me a single video of GSP doing an inverted single explosive leg press supported by a bosu ball on a progressive resistance fan driven machine. What on earth is that supposed to do, especially for someone who I very much doubt could squat his own body weight below parallel?

What would I have him do? Squats, deads, presses, cleans, pulls, pullups, sprints, jumps, sled pushes, and flexibility. A lot like what Patches does, actually. And a lot closer to what GSP does than anything in that video.

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'll take a skill guy any day over a 6'5" pylon who'll be a #6 d-man at best...great example of size obsession. Do you think Chicago is a better team with Kane out and B.Boyle in?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
andrew2

What it really reminds me of is the way Troy Polamalu's training routine

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote