HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Habstract

vCash: 500
I will still follow Lavoie, like the guy... I don't get TVA Sports in Vancouver.... TOO BAD!

Old
08-10-2013, 07:22 AM

Hahahahaha I was looking for that Karim trolling video. Thanks! Hilarious stuff.

Old
08-10-2013, 07:48 AM
mrinsane

I think TVA Sport ownership offer him 1rst class+huge money+maybe his own show. TVA Sport can't create their own star

Old
08-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I don't see much "Lavoie hate" on here but rather, some criticism about his personality rubbing people the wrong way. I can only speak for myself here but I don't "hate" Lavoie. I just think he feels he's bigger than he really is. What he is (with his connections) was created by his work place (RDS) and when introduced as an "expert", I feel like he started to believe it too much. His comments, the way he was talking in the last couple of years, his demeanor had changed to some borderline arrogance and his opinions came across as ultimate truth, or he was trying to make you believe it.

I for one feel like it's a mistake for him to jump ship and as long as RDS broadcasts the Habs' games, they will hold the true insiders' information. RDS will create a new insider next year... watch.

Also, Chantal Machabee is much easier on the eye.
Yea but here everybody is rubbing the fans the wrong way somehow. I thought Renault would be shielded from this but no there has to be something wrong somehow. Some posters just enjoying the hate and throwing crap at people. There has to more than life than this pitty jealousy.

Old
08-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Here you go...you got your "something else".

Jacques Martin becomes an assistant coach in Pittsburgh. Lavoie will SURELY join the "Premier Trio" show....
Arrgg hopefully not!

Old
08-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
This guy?

No thank, I'll pass.
Lemay was the best radio guy for years before leaving. Should have been on television a long time ago. RDS hire clowns and guys that say the company line, that's why Lemay was never hired by them, other than doing a couple of show on L'Anti-Chambre.

Old
08-12-2013, 05:35 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
As someone who has never watched TVA and who rarely watches RDS outside of an actual game...who cares.

Old
08-12-2013, 07:08 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
LOL oh man, so brutal.

I remember one where Higgins kinda got mad at him. He said something like "Chris, you are 'aving a terrible season. Why do you tink dat is?"

Higgins was like...."Uhh, wow....I don't know if I would say I'm having a HORRIBLE season...."

waffledave
Old
08-12-2013, 08:13 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Lemay was the best radio guy for years before leaving. Should have been on television a long time ago. RDS hire clowns and guys that say the company line, that's why Lemay was never hired by them, other than doing a couple of show on L'Anti-Chambre.
Actually now that I remember he was kinda ok on L'Anti-Chambre yes. That doesn't make him a good insider though. That's some very different job

Old
08-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Joe Cole

Lavoie seems like a nice guy, but as far as some people who are saying it is a huge loss for RDS...really?

If it is not Habs related, he just retweets things I get from Lebrun, McKenzie and others.

Hockey News had Lavoie in their top 100 influential insiders... well... considering there are 30 teams, and many with little local coverage.... that would make Lavoie a voice in the crowd.

Good for him, I hope he signed a long term big money contract. TVA Sport better get a team in QC or it will continue to be a lot of dead air.

Old
08-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Lavoie seems like a nice guy, but as far as some people who are saying it is a huge loss for RDS...really?

If it is not Habs related, he just retweets things I get from Lebrun, McKenzie and others.

Hockey News had Lavoie in their top 100 influential insiders... well... considering there are 30 teams, and many with little local coverage.... that would make Lavoie a voice in the crowd.

Good for him, I hope he signed a long term big money contract. TVA Sport better get a team in QC or it will continue to be a lot of dead air.
Well said Joe, well said.

Old
08-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Slashers98

Lavoie is a complete moron who has the biggest ego ever. I cancelled my subscription to TVA Sports as soon as I leaned the news. During the Coyotes saga, he didn't say one good thing about Quebec City and now he will work for Peladeau... He is only after the big bucks.

Old
08-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Lavoie is a complete moron who has the biggest ego ever. I cancelled my subscription to TVA Sports as soon as I leaned the news. During the Coyotes saga, he didn't say one good thing about Quebec City and now he will work for Peladeau... He is only after the big bucks.
And you know why he had nothing good to report about QC? Because the Yotes weren't going to QC. Of course it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the fact remains that he was right.

He's connected. I don't know how it happened and honestly I don't care how it happened but he made something of himself.

Is it a good career move? I guess we'll find out just how much he depended on TSN.

Old
08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Aren't you the guy who constantly trashes Phoenix & their fans on twitter? And then you went silent once the team stayed there?

It's fair to say (If you are that same troll) that your opinion is insanely biased and skewed.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:03 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Aren't you the guy who constantly trashes Phoenix & their fans on twitter? And then you went silent once the team stayed there?

It's fair to say (If you are that same troll) that your opinion is insanely biased and skewed.
All Merdiques fans are like that. Habfans have a short memory.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
he was right.

He's connected. I don't know how it happened and honestly I don't care how it happened but he made something of himself.

Is it a good career move? I guess we'll find out just how much he depended on TSN.
I'll say, few years ago it was the connection he had with french players all around the league. This is what it makes him respected by his fellow english friends in Toronto and all around the league recently. I have no doubt that he is really well connected with the world of this league.

As you say, we will see if he can keep up bringing the info, real info, whithout his friends.

Old
08-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Actually now that I remember he was kinda ok on L'Anti-Chambre yes. That doesn't make him a good insider though. That's some very different job
Never said Lemay was an insider. I hope RDS doesn't hire him for that.

Lemay's greatest strength was always radio, talking with people. He was respectful, a nice guy but compared to other young journalists of his age, who are mainly softies and intellectuals, he don't mind the rough stuff on the ice.

Old
08-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
And you know why he had nothing good to report about QC? Because the Yotes weren't going to QC. Of course it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the fact remains that he was right.

Exactly. He never gave the fans false hope like some other charlatans.

Old
08-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
My favourite Martin Lemay moment :

Jeff Finger meilleur que Bobby Orr.

Oh my gosh this might be the best ****ing radio call ever. If you haven't had the chance to listen to it yet, go now.

Old
08-13-2013, 08:38 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

You must not follow your Twitter feed very closely because this is completely false.

No one's going to suggest Lavoie is the best insider in hockey...but I would say he's certainly the best French-speaking insider in hockey. Major get for TVA, no question.

Old
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
@MartinLemay 21 h
Demain un nouveau chapitre! En plus d'être de retour avec la gang de #cted je commence à @RDSca demain! #sports30magazine 16h sur RDS info
Translation : New chapter for me. He'll be on RDS starting today.

Old
08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Forlando

Lavoie is a joke as an insider.

I can be an insider too if I retweet Bob MacKenzie or Darren Dreger, translating it in French.

The guy was full of dung. I am actually happy that I will not be seing his face in RDS anymore.

Good riddance.

Old
08-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
Lavoie is a joke as an insider.

I can be an insider too if I retweet Bob MacKenzie or Darren Dreger, translating it in French.

The guy was full of dung. I am actually happy that I will not be seing his face in RDS anymore.

Good riddance.
This is actually not true. I still don't get why people spew this ********.

Last edited by Andy: 08-26-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old
08-26-2013, 04:52 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Jeff Finger meilleur que Bobby Orr.

Oh my gosh this might be the best ****ing radio call ever. If you haven't had the chance to listen to it yet, go now.
This must be a troll call man......come on....

Last edited by shamrun: 08-26-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old
08-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This is actually not true. I still get why people spew this ********.
Because quebecers are jealous people and they can't stand people who have more success than them in life.
Here it is, I said it.

Closed Thread