HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers in a Couple of Trade Rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2006, 04:15 PM
  #76
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,453
vCash: 500
Hes also talking about Alfredsson and Iginla getting moved. Eklund =

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
  #77
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
Bluenote...

do you take Brewer over Malik, Ozo, Kaspar or Rachunek? I'm not sure of his contract status, but he's cheaper than each of those (save Rachunek, but only by a small amount) and he's not worse, I don't think. [by the way, I haven't said trade for him, but I do believe that he has more trade value than Prucha right now]

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:35 PM
  #78
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
do you take Brewer over Malik, Ozo, Kaspar or Rachunek? I'm not sure of his contract status, but he's cheaper than each of those (save Rachunek, but only by a small amount) and he's not worse, I don't think. [by the way, I haven't said trade for him, but I do believe that he has more trade value than Prucha right now]
True, i'd take him over those guys, but i'm not sure I want to pay with Prucha. He's a large D-man that can skate, so I guess his value is kind of high and reminds me of the Poti-York deal from a few moons ago....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
  #79
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Eric Brewer? Uhh no way in H E double hockey sticks
Thanks! I am not alone. Puh...

Brewer have horrible hockeysense, it would be so typical if we ended up with a D like him after all the years with Driver and Poti among others.

He have great size, he have great skills, but just never seems to play well. Always running around and makes terrible outlet passes.

I don't know how that kid is mentaly, if there is any hope for him to improve, but right now I think we are better of with Rachunek...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
  #80
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ironically, I think Toots will be this guy in a few years.
You think so? I think Toots are looking pretty darn good right now. He makes really good outlet passes, and are a rare D who can keep up with most forwards without taking penaltys.

I think its great that toots are put in somewhat of a defensive position. The toughest position in the game right now is beeing a defensiev D. How the game have changed, huh. Anyway, its in that position you need the most skill. Tyutin have potential to be a really good 2-way D.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
  #81
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
do you take Brewer over Malik, Ozo, Kaspar or Rachunek? I'm not sure of his contract status, but he's cheaper than each of those (save Rachunek, but only by a small amount) and he's not worse, I don't think. [by the way, I haven't said trade for him, but I do believe that he has more trade value than Prucha right now]
Do you really? the guy has like 3 PP points in his last 50 games...plays a soft defensive game..Has not improved and maybe even regressed, .and for a healthy Blues D is 4th in the pecking order behind Backman, Jackman and Widerman...Personally, I think the guy has little value right now...Nothing near the values or Prucha who is on course for at least a 50-60 point season in only his second year (and after scoring 30 goals in his 1st year)..ANd Prucha is even cheaper and the type of forward that is golden in today's NHL...IMO, you gotta give up much more then Brewer to get Prucha.....

Now, there is also the question of needs wher you sometimes have to pay more for what you need..Yes, we need a young, puck moving D-man, but St. Louis DESPERATELY needs a young forward....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:50 PM
  #82
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Do you really? the guy has like 3 PP points in his last 50 games...plays a soft defensive game..Has not improved and maybe even regressed, .and for a healthy Blues D is 4th in the pecking order behind Backman, Jackman and Widerman...Personally, I think the guy has little value right now...Nothing near the values or Prucha who is on course for at least a 50-60 point season in only his second year (and after scoring 30 goals in his 1st year)..ANd Prucha is even cheaper and the type of forward that is golden in today's NHL...IMO, you gotta give up much more then Brewer to get Prucha.....

Now, there is also the question of needs wher you sometimes have to pay more for what you need..Yes, we need a young, puck moving D-man, but St. Louis DESPERATELY needs a young forward....
Finally... to trade Prucha for Brewer is so assinine it defies reason!

And if St Louis needs young forward so bad send them Marcel Hossa or Colton Orr. Not only are they young, but it would put the constant bickering to an end. Huzzah!

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:57 PM
  #83
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
I didn't know Brewer was fourth...

in the Blues' pecking order - in the last five or six seasons he typically averages around 23-25 minutes of ice time, which to me is the ice time of a top pair defenseman (he does average slightly more than Backman). As far as value - playing Devils advocate for a second, and realizing that I do love Prucha and don't really want to see him traded away, what would other GMs say about him? He gets about 13 minutes per night and in his small frame, would he be able to handle more over an 82-game schedule. He doesn't handle the puck well. He falls down a lot but gets up. He doesn't get off a heck of a lot of shots. His defense has improved, but can one say it's good. He racked up a lot of points playing with Jagr on the power play last season and has managed 2 ES goals while playing with Shanahan and has gotten off 23 shots in 14 games. Does that get a top four defenseman, who's young but experienced?

Again, I'm not looking to trade Prucha but do debate his value. I like him because he tries very hard and if he's used properly, he can be additive. He's a complentary player. He doesn't create a heck of a lot by himself and needs to get the puck to him. He's very one dimensional. I like that dimension. I like his attitude. And I like his style. But I liked the same with York and he was really a third liner who should be playing under 15 minutes per game and may score 20+ goals, or he may score around 15, but would give you an honest effort every shift. A lot of value though? I dunno.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
  #84
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
Larry...

I think St. Louis needs defense almost as much as forwards at this point (or at least they need to get healthy on defense).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:03 PM
  #85
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You think so? I think Toots are looking pretty darn good right now. He makes really good outlet passes, and are a rare D who can keep up with most forwards without taking penaltys.

I think its great that toots are put in somewhat of a defensive position. The toughest position in the game right now is beeing a defensiev D. How the game have changed, huh. Anyway, its in that position you need the most skill. Tyutin have potential to be a really good 2-way D.
I like Toots, but I don't think he's shown that he can play consistently at the level we all had hoped from him. Time's still on his side...we'll see...

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
  #86
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
I think that's it, Bluenote...

Toots has the ability and the tools. Of course he slips in and out of greatness and has brain farts, like letting the forwards (Pommenville?) behind him last night for the tying goal. Yeah, Weekes has to control his rebounds better, but that doesn't mean that forwards can sit between the goalie and the defensemen. No reason Toots couldn't make the good play and clear the puck aside.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
  #87
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
in the Blues' pecking order - in the last five or six seasons he typically averages around 23-25 minutes of ice time, which to me is the ice time of a top pair defenseman (he does average slightly more than Backman). As far as value - playing Devils advocate for a second, and realizing that I do love Prucha and don't really want to see him traded away, what would other GMs say about him? He gets about 13 minutes per night and in his small frame, would he be able to handle more over an 82-game schedule. He doesn't handle the puck well. He falls down a lot but gets up. He doesn't get off a heck of a lot of shots. His defense has improved, but can one say it's good. He racked up a lot of points playing with Jagr on the power play last season and has managed 2 ES goals while playing with Shanahan and has gotten off 23 shots in 14 games. Does that get a top four defenseman, who's young but experienced?

Again, I'm not looking to trade Prucha but do debate his value. I like him because he tries very hard and if he's used properly, he can be additive. He's a complentary player. He doesn't create a heck of a lot by himself and needs to get the puck to him. He's very one dimensional. I like that dimension. I like his attitude. And I like his style. But I liked the same with York and he was really a third liner who should be playing under 15 minutes per game and may score 20+ goals, or he may score around 15, but would give you an honest effort every shift. A lot of value though? I dunno.
I see your points about Prucha and I agree with some of them...But,Given that Speicality teams are huge in today's game, as are small shifty speedy players more and more, I think the value of Prucha and his 30 goals last year (and my bet, for this year also if he stays with Shanny and Cullen) can not be diminshed....I also think Brewer can not be judged by his minutes but how he plays in his minutes nd how he has refused to improve....The guy does very little and is deficient defensively..WOuld you trade Prucha for the Roszival of today.?Just how I see it...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
  #88
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Toots has the ability and the tools. Of course he slips in and out of greatness and has brain farts, like letting the forwards (Pommenville?) behind him last night for the tying goal. Yeah, Weekes has to control his rebounds better, but that doesn't mean that forwards can sit between the goalie and the defensemen. No reason Toots couldn't make the good play and clear the puck aside.
Thats exactly it, he slips in and out, sometimes halfway through a play. Very frustrating cause with his skills and size he could be one of the best on the ice every night.

Yeah, last night was a perfect example of a Toots game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:12 PM
  #89
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade for Brewer...

I do think that GMs may value Prucha a bit less than we would.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:23 PM
  #90
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I like Toots, but I don't think he's shown that he can play consistently at the level we all had hoped from him. Time still is on his side...we'll see...
Personally, I have never seen Tyutin play a dominating offensive game. He is not good on the rush, and he aren't all that good at pinching in.

Though he have allot of quality all over. He is really smooth on his skate. And he handles the puck really well and sees the ice well.

I never thought he would be a franchise D, but he do have potential to be a very relieable D in the new game, and thoose will be rare and valuble. My guess is that a reliable defensive D will be more valueble then a 60 pts one-way offensive D.

Tyutin might not become what we expected, but I am hoping he will become as valuble.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:37 AM
  #91
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Again he's been playing with stiffs the whole time, and the Kings cant score a goal to save their lives. He just started playing with Frolov, outside of that he's been with guys who have hands of stone.
3 points in 15 games?

For a player of Conroy's caliber, and that contract, unexcusable.

I'm sorry, but we're almost a quarter way through the season, and he doesn't even nearly have 10 points. The idea was to bring him in as a 2nd line center, and that would be pointless, being that he has put up a miniscule amount of points. That's really going to solve a team's offensive problems. I could understand if he had like 10 points, but 3 points in 15 games, when he's being paid over 2.3 million a year? No way. Not at 35 years old. Sorry. If you're going to trade him, you're getting a flaming pile of dog **** in return if he keeps this up.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:27 AM
  #92
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
Prucha for Seabrook is a consideration. Prucha for Brewer? Not a snowball's chance.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:17 AM
  #93
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
3 points in 15 games?

For a player of Conroy's caliber, and that contract, unexcusable.

I'm sorry, but we're almost a quarter way through the season, and he doesn't even nearly have 10 points. The idea was to bring him in as a 2nd line center, and that would be pointless, being that he has put up a miniscule amount of points. That's really going to solve a team's offensive problems. I could understand if he had like 10 points, but 3 points in 15 games, when he's being paid over 2.3 million a year? No way. Not at 35 years old. Sorry. If you're going to trade him, you're getting a flaming pile of dog **** in return if he keeps this up.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
  #94
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
If the Rangers were to trade Prucha who would star in the Bobby Granger commercials along side of Jag's?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
  #95
KasparKrunch
Registered User
 
KasparKrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
If the Rangers were to trade Prucha who would star in the Bobby Granger commercials along side of Jag's?
i could

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
  #96
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I personally don't want Prucha going anywhere no matter what. It'd be such a typical move for the Rangers to trade a fan favorite after like a year of play...trading Zubov for Nedved STILL pisses me off...argh.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM
  #97
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Here is a list of guys who can possibly replace both Hossa and Orr on the 4th line permanently that are probably available, thoughts:

Craig Adams, Manny Malholtra, Ben Ondrus, Evgheny Artyukhin, Tom Kostopolous, Garth Murray, Darcy Hordichuk, Brian Sutherby

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
  #98
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Really, you think Ondrus is available? Hmm, I didn't think the Leafs wanted to give him up that easily, but I wouldn't mind him.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
  #99
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I personally don't want Prucha going anywhere no matter what. It'd be such a typical move for the Rangers to trade a fan favorite after like a year of play...trading Zubov for Nedved STILL pisses me off...argh.
Er...when did that one happen? After they were both sent to the Pens for Robitaille and UlF?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:14 PM
  #100
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Here is a list of guys who can possibly replace both Hossa and Orr on the 4th line permanently that are probably available, thoughts:

Craig Adams, Manny Malholtra, Ben Ondrus, Evgheny Artyukhin, Tom Kostopolous, Garth Murray, Darcy Hordichuk, Brian Sutherby
I wouldn't think that Malhotra, Adams, Hordichuk and Sutherby are available...They are grinder that can hit, skate and maybe a little more (malhotra)..I would take any often for Orr or Hossa..Could do without the other four...

But, one thing to remember, in the last 6 games we have received ONE GOAL from the forwards of the bottom two lines....Dont' get me wrong, I think Holly and Betts have played damn good the last 3 games and the other 4 not bad BUT we may need a little secondary scoring as much as another banger..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.