HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Road Trips 2013 -14

Old
07-29-2013, 06:10 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

vCash: 500
Road Trips 2013 -14

Are any of you going to any Flyer road games this season.

I'm doing 4.

@ Blackhawks

@ Ducks

@ Kings

@ Sharks

Have any of you been to the arenas above. Usually i go to rangers or devils cause they are close, but I wanted to go to a far road game.

My brother lives in LA, so thats why I'm doing the 2 gms in LA but I thought heck might as well throw in SJ and come home from there.

I was able to buy the plane tickets and hotels, the only thing left is to get the game tickets.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:24 PM
hextall shoots

Doing the 3 on the West coast too. Would love to hear some experiences from other fans that have made this trip. Some ideas of what to do and see.

hextall shoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:36 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I am trying to get to Florida 25,27 of Nov.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:58 PM
hextall shoots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Good times in Tampa! I have been to both in Florida, Tampa has great deals for hotel packages and open bar!!

hextall shoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:24 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
I will make the annual Flyers @ Dallas game

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
kolankosf

I live just outside Red Deer, Alberta. I figure instead of trying to cram the Flyers down my boys throat (he's turning 2) I'd get him an oilers Jersey as we take in both Edmonton (Dec 28) and Calgary (Dec 31st).

Interesting fact though, the local team out here is names the Flyers, and the lacrosse team is the Phantoms (using Phantoms's logo). So there may still be hope yet.

kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post

I will be at that game as well - It's on a Saturday for once.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 10:00 PM
kentuckyrebel

I'm going to head to Nashville for sure, possibly D.C. as well since I have friends there.

kentuckyrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
spudnick

Sens - Dec 9

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 08:27 AM
leclair1088

I want to get to an away Flyers game this year and mess around in whatever city for a couple days.

I was looking at either Montreal or Chicago. Montreal game is a Saturday night so that might be easier since my girlfriend has school during the week and the Chicago game is a Wednesday night.

Anyone have any tips/hints about either city? Best hotels to stay at....what to do in the city?

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:54 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
Have any of you been to the arenas above.
I've been to the Madhouse and Staples. Chicago's rink was built in the early part of the new generation of buildings and there are some seats, including standing room, that aren't particularly great; the crowd is fantastic there, though.

Staples is a great arena. When I was there last, it was pretty empty (8-9 years ago), so the crowd atmosphere wasn't spectacular, but I am sure it's much better now.

I'll be at the Vancouver game on December 30. Last time the Flyers were here was only the third time in 20+ live games that I've seen them lose; here's hoping they don't start a losing streak with me in attendance this year.

08-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
I'll also be there as my girlfriend really wanted to go.. When you see the Devils/Flyers couple, feel free to say hi.. Had some great conversations with Flyers fans up in Ottawa last season for the final game

We got tix from Philly to Dallas for $204 a pop round trip on Spirit Airlines in case anyone is interested

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 08:02 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
I want to get to an away Flyers game this year and mess around in whatever city for a couple days.

I was looking at either Montreal or Chicago. Montreal game is a Saturday night so that might be easier since my girlfriend has school during the week and the Chicago game is a Wednesday night.

Anyone have any tips/hints about either city? Best hotels to stay at....what to do in the city?
Anyone help with this? I'm really looking to nail down what dates I need to get off from work and start looking for tix in the next couple of weeks.

I guess I could also be interested in the away game vs the Stars. That is also on a Saturday

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextall shoots View Post
Good times in Tampa! I have been to both in Florida, Tampa has great deals for hotel packages and open bar!!
Anyone else have experience with these places?

I am close to booking

Altho the tickets for the Tampa games haven't been released yet.... hoping I can get around that somehow.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM
orangecrush8

Me and my girlfriend are stopping by Philly on October 17th for the Flyers/pens game before headed to NYC.

On another note, realignment sucks. I usually bank on 4 road games a year, 2 in Buffalo and 2 in Toronto. This year, however, they are only in Toronto and Buffalo once.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Just booked, I'll be in Sunrise, FL to see them play the Panthers, sec 116 (Flyers Shoot twice).... waiting for ticket sales to open in Tampa to see a game there.

F'ya!!!!

Old
09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post

I'm halfway through making it around the league.

I haven't seen a game in Chicago yet but both cities are fun. I love going to games in Montreal, the atmosphere is indeed amazing with 20,000 rabid Habs fans. You can feel the anticipation with each rush up ice. (Contrast with Toronto, which is a nice arena, but it had the dead corporate feel - really awkward when my friend and I cheered the Leafs coming onto the ice as we're used to doing for the Flyers [it was a game vs. Florida so we were cheering the home team] and there wasn't much of a reaction otherwise. At one point the security guard on the above catwalk was prompting fans to make noise and a regular teased him that they're not allowed to.) For convenience, I've usually stayed at the nearby Marriott but there are plenty of hotels near Centre Bell.

One tip for the person visiting San Jose - don't wait to visit the team store if you plan on doing so after the game. It's not a huge store and the line after the game backed up all the way around the hall into an interior hallway. I ended up stopping by on a non-event day later in my trip. It's a good crowd but the arena didn't stand out to me.

NJ and DC are easy train/subway trips I try to do annually, but some of my other favorites are Vancouver, Carolina (love the tailgating and the Caniacs are friendly), Columbus (great arena, walk across the footbridge to the hockey themed R Bar before or after the game, plenty of hotels/bars/restaurants in easy walking distance), Toronto (I love visiting the city in general. Pregame tip - go to Steam Whistle right in front of the CN Tower. Besides the brewery tours they offer, you get a free 6oz sample just for walking in and of course you can buy additional drinks at the bar.)

I've only taken the tour of Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh (BTW, if into arena tours, Vancouver and Montreal are two I really enjoyed. Vancouver had all sorts of freebies and I timed a Montreal tour with a peek at the Flyers morning skate from the press gondolas. It's a very high but good vantage point.) but as much as it pains me to say, it is a beautiful new arena. The AAC in Dallas also stood out for the fancy floors and overall interiors since it feels more like an upscale hotel lobby, not a traditional arena concourse.

I'd pick Tampa over Florida if I only had to do one of the FL teams, much better fan atmosphere and feel in the arena, plus it's right by the water. Florida is adjacent to Sawgrass Mills Mall and the concession stands are like a mall food court. Between that and the dance stage at one end of the lower bowl, it just didn't feel like a hockey arena. (Perhaps it's appropriate that the Pantherland store is huge.)

If you're the type who likes to attend team practices, the Star Center in Frisco if you're visiting Dallas is reminiscent of Skate Zone. It was a game day when I checked it out so Stars practice was a closed one at AAC but I'll definitely try to make a practice next time I visit. The Panthers practice facility also isn't too far from the arena. I stopped by before leaving town and driving to Tampa and I think it was a bit surprising someone was actually there to watch practice, lol. It was easy to snag a few pucks that hit the netting. I've only been there for a public skate, but Columbus has their rink attached to the arena.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 07:56 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerCub View Post
I'm halfway through making it around the league.

I'd pick Tampa over Florida if I only had to do one of the FL teams, much better fan atmosphere and feel in the arena, plus it's right by the water. Florida is adjacent to Sawgrass Mills Mall and the concession stands are like a mall food court. Between that and the dance stage at one end of the lower bowl, it just didn't feel like a hockey arena. (Perhaps it's appropriate that the Pantherland store is huge.)

I am going to both games in Nov. 25 and 27

Panthers - time being spent in South Beach and will head up the HWY to see the game the night of and then drive back. Seated Sec: 116

Lightining - I booked at the Westin about 2 mi away from the arena (10-15min) walk in Tampa. I will drive there after spending time in South Beach Miami, head back the nest morning after the game. Seated Sec: 117.