HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stefan Ruzicka

Old
11-01-2006, 05:46 AM
puckwild

vCash: 500
Stefan Ruzicka

Didn't see a thread on him...

What do you guys think about him? Think he can stick on the top line? What kind of game does he have?

puckwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Kaktus*

I like the way he holds on to the puck. He doesn't just shot the puck with every opportunity he has like Carter does. He has his head up. He needs to get stronger to be able to work in the corners.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 06:35 AM
i am dave

Enough about Ruzicka, let's talk about your avatar...

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Coburnfan05

Personally I am a little disapointed with waht I've seen from him thus far...I know he's young and only played a couple of games but for someone who is a really good skater, he doesn't seem to use his speed effectively. He needs to get much stronger to compete at the NHL level. He like Carter tends to lose the puck way to much especially along the boards. I think he will turn out to be a crafty player for the Flyers but he still needs time to develop his game. I'm not sure leaving him on the first line is going to help him develop right now but on the other hand the way the whole team has played nobody deserves to be on the first line.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan View Post
Personally I am a little disapointed with waht I've seen from him thus far...I know he's young and only played a couple of games but for someone who is a really good skater, he doesn't seem to use his speed effectively. He needs to get much stronger to compete at the NHL level. He like Carter tends to lose the puck way to much especially along the boards. I think he will turn out to be a crafty player for the Flyers but he still needs time to develop his game. I'm not sure leaving him on the first line is going to help him develop right now but on the other hand the way the whole team has played nobody deserves to be on the first line.
We're all worried about his development, but it isn't exactly as if playing next to Forsberg is going to ruin him. He might learn a thing or two about getting your nose dirty. Who knows, he might actually learn how to play defense.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
BringBackStevens

im not displeased at all. i think he's coming along perfectly fine. With a player of his nature there are going to be bumps in the road. He's ready to take the next step and he's learning and producing a bit too. He's exactly the kind of player we need too. I hope they stick with him because i think his confidence will continue to grow and he'll be very useful for us

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:26 AM
FlyersFanJS

i think he is doing quite well....yes he is making some mistakes and isn't perfect. the way i see it, he replaced dimitrakos, and did a damn fine job of it

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
tytech

To me he has the old "Euro" mentality. Yes, some falre but no grit. You lose the puck, go and get it. It's loose in the corner take a hit to come out with it. It seems if the pouck isn't on his stick he isn't doing much.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Takes some shifts off, isn't physical or very fast.

Very good balance, hockey sense. He'll be a very good 2nd line scoring wing down the road.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

I like how he plays. In the Pittsurgh game, he did what no one else has done all season-the puck landed on his stick off a bebound and he just buried it. Wasn't a phenomenal angle, wasn't perfectly on his stick, but he didn't doubt himself, he just put it in.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I haven't seen him play yet, but I'd assume he's doing well. For starters he's playing with Forsberg and Gagne, and I could put up points on a line with those 2. It's definitely a good place to build his confidence and get him major experience. I wish they'd do the same w/ Potulny.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 09:52 PM
mikedifr

I only watched one game so far and saw some good plays from him. I like him being on that top line cause it "hides" him with two great two-way players in Forsberg and Gagne. (I actually wanted to see this last year although I agree he needed the time in the minors) He can play there and do his own thing and learn where he needs to get himself on the ice. Unless this team was competing for a cup, who cares if there is a young guy on the top line with those two? Plus, it seems like Knuble was getting some of the other guys chances when playing with them.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:36 AM
puckwild

4 Min
I guess that experiment is over...

puckwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Flyers_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild View Post
4 Min
I guess that experiment is over...
4 minutes a night is a waste no matter what line he spends those 4 minutes on.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
To me he has the old "Euro" mentality. Yes, some falre but no grit. You lose the puck, go and get it. It's loose in the corner take a hit to come out with it. It seems if the pouck isn't on his stick he isn't doing much.
Slovaks are typically brought up different in their system. You look at guys like Handzus, Visnovsky, Chara, Meszaros, Radivojevic who do work hard and are from Slovakia. The country had less funding than other countries thus had to rely on working hard and not necessarily on skill.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote