HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Nov. 6th, 7:30PM

Old
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
flyersfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
Thanks but I didn't miss the point. I don't expect Joni to be a defensive stalwart. I am fully aware that his strength is on the offensive side of the puck and that is what makes him so valuable. I think anyone who wants him traded or thinks he shouldn't be given time to get this worked out are crazy. But it is time for him to start improving, a lot.

Just because he has all this potential in one part of his game does not mean he should be getting a free pass for the rest of it. And all too often that is happening. He cannot be getting 25+ minutes a night and be as much of a liability as he is, that was the point I was making the other night when I was told that he isn't getting paid to play defense. And I said it is crap. He has to be held accountable for both ends of the ice. They all do - everyone on this team.

And yes, I am in agreement about our offensive production problems making life that much harder on our defense. They need to start scoring, that is the bottom line and until they do it's not going to get any easier - on anyone.

Thank you, your recent posts have made my day. I was beginning to think I really did belong in the looney bin. EDIT: what you said, goes for forwards as well. Our D stinks, our forwards have to get back there to help out.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
every shot he takes gets blocked... it's really uncanny. it isn't even like he's just missing the net (former problem), now he's just having every shot blocked.
He should aim a little bit higher then.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
He should aim a little bit higher then.
see, you say that... but every shot he used to take was hitting the glass 12 feet up. at least if these ones get through they'll be in an area where they might go in.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote