HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado @ Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
did worrell win vs VandenBleed?

Old
01-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Teemu

oh, before i forget, how did Babchuk play?

Old
01-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
My Bell Expressvu center ice subscription gave me the ESPN2 broadcast...one interesting tidbit that came up; Ray Ferraro is apparently dating Cammi Granato. Now I understand why Chicken Parm has been talking up the Avs

Old
01-11-2004, 07:04 PM
nathan

That Hejduk penalty shot was definitely illness.

The Duke make a subtle deke & you could see Leighton flinching for just one second...and that was all over from that point on.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
oh, before i forget, how did Babchuk play?
He played alright.

Made a nice diving play on worrell to stop a semi break away.

Old
01-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Gumballhead

Well, that wasn't anything to be all that proud of, but we managed to sneak off with 2 points.

I thought Moore, Worrell and Liles all played extremely well. Moore's energy and hustle really paid off last night, and he showed he can create a little on his own against slower D corps. Worrell is looking more comfortable each game, I would have loved it if a penalty was called (I thought it was a decent non-call, considering it wasn't a superstar on a breakaway) and he would have had to have taken a penalty shot. That would have been something. Liles was flying around and pinching at the right times. Funny how Moore and Liles looked so fast last night and not many other of the Avs did.

Kariya appears to still be acclimating himself to the team. I figure in a few weeks it'll be like he's played with Sakic for years. Forsberg was awfully sloppy last night, particularly with his passes, and just didn't look as dominant as usual.

Sauve wasn't very sharp at all in the first period, but then the play in front of him wasn't either. I am not completely opposed to having him be the backup for the long haul, but the idea of Sean Burke sure sounds more tempting after watching Sauve look awkward and nervous. I think it was a bit of a gamble for Granato to stick with him, but it paid off and hopefully instill some confidence.

We should come out hard and hungry against the Ducks tomorrow, we can't keep playing uneven during the season and magically have things on track for the playoff/division title run.

Old
01-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Everything has pretty much been said. I will say that Worrell had a monster second period. Any further confusion with Scott Parker people?
He's looking a lot more like the Peter Worrell that I saw play for Florida, that bodes well. An enforcer that can bring some energy, a little offense, and...log some ice time. What a concept.

Old
01-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
My Bell Expressvu center ice subscription gave me the ESPN2 broadcast...one interesting tidbit that came up; Ray Ferraro is apparently dating Cammi Granato. Now I understand why Chicken Parm has been talking up the Avs
He's so smitten that he made a comment about how the Avs third and fourth lines have no scoring punch. I'll give him the fourth, but I wonder if he realizes that we either have Kono or Selanne on our third line when we are at full strength.

Just don't tell me that Darren Pang is dating Foote's twin sister.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Sweet game, I didn't think the Avs would've pulled it out. I thought our netminder had an okay day. . . but Sauve's terrible lack of controlling rebounds let the Hawks score time and time again. I thought the Avs owned the first ten minutes of the game, and then started sitting back as the Hawks gained more momentum.

There were lots of sweet goals too! Hejduk in the penalty shot was vintage stuff, but Liles roofing that backhander off the post! Geez!

Closed Thread