HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Higgins Out Six Weeks

Old
11-07-2006, 12:09 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
This just takes the heart right out of the Habs lineup, one minute i'm thinking he'll just miss one or two games, the next it turns out he's out for 2 months. This really has been the team's luck in recent years, he's having a breakout year, on pace for 50, though maybe 40 would be more realistic, and then this! No justice. On the 'brightside' at least we'll find out how La Presse's God and Saviour will do with top minutes.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
BeatsPerMinute

per rds:

"Mardi face aux Oilers d'Edmonton, c'est Guillaume Latendresse qui remplacera Higgins au sein du premier trio complété par Saku Koivu et Michael Ryder. "

Agains the Oilers on Tuesday, Guillaum Latendresse will replace Higgins on the first liine with Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder.

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
GoodKiwi

Well, let's hope the history does not repeat itself and we don't go in a major slump which ultimately cost us a chance in the playoffs last time.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Habitants

it is as i feared. well looks like we will have to dig deep and show that our team has good depth. i think kost needs to get the call here, i would like to see him play with koivu. or you can switch him back and forth with lats between the 1st and 3rd line, but i would preffer to keep lats on the 3rd. 6 weeks definitly merits a call up, and i expect is asap, if not today then for sure tommorow.

there will be NO TRADE so stop discussing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Well, let's hope the history does not repeat itself and we don't go in a major slump which ultimately cost us a chance in the playoffs last time.
dont worry, we dont have theo in nets anymore
abby/huet are able to play well and keep us going, just need kovalev and everyone to show up

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I thought it'd be a game or two at most... ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

You've got to be ****ing kidding me

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Poochie_D

If Ryder and Kovy start playing like there capable of playing, we should be alright.

Poochie_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Totally sucks. I just opened up TSN's website and was flabergasted!!! I am not sure what shocked me more losing Higgins or seeing Lats on the first line. I guess they are trying just about anything to get him going. I really hope Kots is given a fair shot also.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:19 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ******** View Post
I will say that until proven otherwise, Lats will have the spot and Lapierre will get the call, I mean he is the best player so far for the Bulldogs no?
Why call Kots if he didn't do ***** with the Dogs? I don't get the "BRING KOTS!!!" from some people here, what did he do to have such a fan club? And the worse part, its the same people who say Lats do not diserved to be with the big club...

I will let Carbo and Gainey decide the faith of this team, they do not let us down and I don't think they will, we are not talking about Bobby Clark here...
i think that since the team has invested a first round draft pick and several years of developement in kostitsyn it stands to reason that at some point he needs to be given a chance to prove himself at the NHL level . now that there is an opening for a top six winger and he is the only winger on the farm that has top six potential i think it would be an ideal time to give him a long look ala latenderesse . BTW i was one of the guys that thought latenderesse did not belong on the big club but since he has been playing on the third line with bonk and johnson his play has improved dramatically and hopefully he will find his offensive game soon . if i were to use your silly arguement " why call kots if he didn't do ***** with the dogs " i would say why give latenderesse the top six spot when he hasn't done ***** with the big club but i won't , my arguement is : 1. why move latenderesse when he is playing well and seems to have found some chemistry with bonk and johnson ? don't fix it if it's not broke . and 2. he had major problems keeping up with the speed of the players on the fourth line and looked lost and unsure of himself , it doesn't get any slower on the top two lines playing against the other teams top checkers . leave him in the comfort zone that he has found , at least until he improves his speed and gains some confidence . GO HABS GO

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
How could he finish the NJ game and miss 6 weeks?
As a matter of fact, I'm wondering how damaging finishing this game must have been for his injury????

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As a matter of fact, I'm wondering how damaging finishing this game must have been for his injury????
Well, I think his injury only got really bad when he took the skate off after the game. He finished the game because his ankle didn't swell up with his skates on.

Old
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
If Ryder and Kovy start playing like there capable of playing, we should be alright.

thats a very big IF

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
SniperMogilny2K6*

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This is terrible we need Koivu to continue to play like a superstar for us to win.

SniperMogilny2K6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:33 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABein View Post
per rds:

"Mardi face aux Oilers d'Edmonton, c'est Guillaume Latendresse qui remplacera Higgins au sein du premier trio complété par Saku Koivu et Michael Ryder. "

Agains the Oilers on Tuesday, Guillaum Latendresse will replace Higgins on the first liine with Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder.
I have a feeling Lats will score his first NHL goal tonight playing along side the captain. Go Habs!!!

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Who do you think would be called up if not Kostitsyn or Lapierre? Those are the 2 closest to the NHL at this point. And either could play minutes on the 3rd/4th if need be - especially Lapierre, who likely wouldn't see anything higher than 3rd anyway.

How is Kostitsyn's injury status? He missed a few games with a bad back a few weeks ago.

Only other possibility would be Ferland for 3rd/4th duty (I know he has to go through waivers but Habs might wish to do this now to get it over with). Still, it seems Laps & Kosty are closest to NHL right now.
i don't think a player is subject to waivers if he is being recalled as an injury replacement or being sent back after the injured player returns . correct me if i'm wrong .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I have a feeling Lats will score his first NHL goal tonight playing along side the captain. Go Habs!!!
Yes, if anyone can get Lats going, it's Koivu.

I do think though that Kosts should get the call up. The guy is just so skilled. I truly think the if given a chance, he will impress everyone.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i don't think a player is subject to waivers if he is being recalled as an injury replacement or being sent back after the injured player returns . correct me if i'm wrong .
Wasn't Hainsey called up because of injuries when he was picked up by Columbus last year?

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Wasn't Hainsey called up because of injuries when he was picked up by Columbus last year?
Yes, we had to call up Coté after that because Hainsey was called up to replace our injured D and got picked up by Columbus.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
!nkubus

It just screwed my day

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Not sure either. It used to be that way with the old CBA, but I don't know if there's such a thing as injury call-ups in the new CBA.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Habs_Apostle

God I hate New Jersey!!!!!!! Not only do we inevitably lose against them in frustrating fashion, but we also get injured. How about the team just get "sick" the next time we have to play New Jersey--save us the frustration and losing players to injury.

Alright, well, this really sucks. I dunno, I say give Kost a chance. Hell, we've bent over backwards to give Lats every opportunity in the world. At leasts with Kost, if he doesn't work out, we can always send him back down.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I have a feeling Lats will score his first NHL goal tonight Go Habs!!!
I think that's been said by someone for every game of the season so far

Old
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Higgins said on 990 that it's a partially torn ligament.

Lats will do well with Koivu. Ryder joked that they will get Lats his first point...Everyone who plays with Koivu looks like a star (Sundstrom's multi-game point streaks with Koivu, for example). If anyone can make Lats look good, it's Saku!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
criminaldrp

Send a message via MSN to criminaldrp
I hope the habs won't crumble without higgins...

But I'm even more pissed about the fact that he'd been having this great season start with 8 goals and 13 points and I was really hoping he'd be the first canadiens player to score 40 goals in a season since I don't remember when... God knows he deserved to be that guy.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of the guy, and hope that I'm right when I say he'll be back sooner than predicted: this guy's tough and he's got heart.

It's a sad day, and just goes to show what a ***** professional sports can be...

criminaldrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

so how many games do you guys think he'll be out for?

Between 12 to 15 I would assume.