HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2013, 09:00 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Hudon still bothered by his back injury.. still needs treatments..

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lhjmq/pas-d...ucale-1.647636

Old
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Guess that explains his weak camp.

It's too bad he won't have the offseason to get stronger and faster. If he can't get stronger than he'll just continue to get injured and it'll be some stupid garbage vicious cycle that will prevent him from being my new favourite Hab.

We're cursed.

Old
08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
When we drafted Hudon, questions weren't about his skill, it was about his injury proneness, and I'm not reassured a year later that he isn't a fragile player.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:31 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
Other then the Ruutu(Not sure if its his name) hit, what is Lethkonens history with concussions like?
I know of 2 so far, i've seen him get hit pretty hard but he seems to bounce back up quickly.

Quote:

that's too bad, hopefully he can fix the issue. Someone needs to tell him about an anti-inflamatory called Anatabloc. It's just starting to get big in the sports world (mostly pro golf and pro tennis for now)

Old
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Et le But

I just hope that between Hudon and Lehkonen, one can live up to their ability without being slowed down by injury.

Old
08-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

A little early to be worried about those guys being injury prone I think - they're not even 20 years old. There were worries about the Rocket being injury prone when he was 23....

Every players has injuries at some point in their careers..hopefully their injuries occur at a younger age.

Old
08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I know of 2 so far, i've seen him get hit pretty hard but he seems to bounce back up quickly.

that's too bad, hopefully he can fix the issue. Someone needs to tell him about an anti-inflamatory called Anatabloc. It's just starting to get big in the sports world (mostly pro golf and pro tennis for now)
Chronic back problems are usually caused by something more serious than joint inflammation, such as disk problems. Anatabloc wouldn't help at all. Besides, all Anatabine (the active ingredient used in Anatabloc) does is prevent your cells from sending the message to your brain to produce inflammation. So it doesn't solve the problem... Only helps in not feeling the pain caused by inflammation, which can make it worst long term because the root cause isn't being treated.

Old
08-06-2013, 04:24 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
A little early to be worried about those guys being injury prone I think - they're not even 20 years old. There were worries about the Rocket being injury prone when he was 23....

Every players has injuries at some point in their careers..hopefully their injuries occur at a younger age.
The good thing is Hudon even seems to show up Patches in the Wolverine department. He seemed to have a minimum of like 5 injuries last year and came back from all of them within a week.

He definitely needs to get stronger but as long as his adamantium is quick acting and in infinite supply then he should be fine.

Old
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Issacar

We could also question why the Penguins signed Crosby to such a long contract given his health issue. If some team is not afraid to dish 8.7M$ over the next 6+ years to Sidney Crosby, I won't concern myself with Hudon's health.

Old
08-10-2013, 03:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Did a little season preview for the non pro prospects as I've been working on my top 25 article,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
We could also question why the Penguins signed Crosby to such a long contract given his health issue. If some team is not afraid to dish 8.7M$ over the next 6+ years to Sidney Crosby, I won't concern myself with Hudon's health.
not sure why anyone would question why pitt signed Crosby or how it has anything to do with Hudon. To discount Hudon's health concerns seems shortsighted imo, since he has a frame that would lead to concerns over how it would hold up over a full season plus playoffs. Granted who knows how much he will fill out over the next few years but if the injuries become recurring like they were for Dustin Walsh then it becomes much more concerning.

Old
08-11-2013, 09:14 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsturies View Post
man,I love your eternal optimist.It's always a fresh air on this board.
Thanks man, I truly love the Habs and have since the 50's. Lot's to love man.

Last edited by S Bah: 08-14-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old
08-13-2013, 09:37 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Here's a video of Reway at the Gatineau training camp

Some nice moves

Old
08-13-2013, 11:51 AM
zzoo

Reway:
http://25stanley.com/deja-des-eloges...tin-reway.html

Old
08-13-2013, 12:34 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Was Poirier at Hull's camp?

Old
08-13-2013, 02:36 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs View Post

Some nice moves
Good God. I'm really starting to root for this kid. I'm starting to be quite glad the Nucks took Subban. Plays a spirited game too.

Imagine we got our own Drouin in the 4th round?!?!

This past draft is starting to get me more pumped than the year before. He might actually look like our most skilled prospect.

Old
08-13-2013, 04:22 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
For anyone wondering, the article basically says that so far Reway has been head and shoulders above everyone (as per the head coach). The article also mentioned that he had a goal and a couple of assists during the first scrimmage.

Thanks for keeping us informed zzoo and JHabs.

Old
08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Matteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
For anyone wondering, the article basically says that so far Reway has been head and shoulders above everyone (as per the head coach). The article also mentioned that he had a goal and a couple of assists during the first scrimmage.

Thanks for keeping us informed zzoo and JHabs.
I'm not going to draw conclusions after a first day of scrimmage in a junior league, but if Groulx praises Reway's play that tells me something about the kid.

Groulx has seen everything there is to see in junior hockey and he's no cheerleader so I tend to value his opinion very much.

As a matter of fact I'd love to see him behind the bench in Montreal eventually.

Old
08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteus View Post
I'm not going to draw conclusions after a first day of scrimmage in a junior league, but if Groulx praises Reway's play that tells me something about the kid.

Groulx has seen everything there is to see in junior hockey and he's no cheerleader so I tend to value his opinion very much.

As a matter of fact I'd love to see him behind the bench in Montreal eventually.
Pretty awesome.

Reway just seems to have ridiculous skill. Really solid rookie season. Respected coach giving him high praise. And he's not even in our collective consensus top 20. Pretty amazing.

Old
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Pretty awesome.

Reway just seems to have ridiculous skill. Really solid rookie season. Respected coach giving him high praise. And he's not even in our collective consensus top 20. Pretty amazing.
That doesn't really say much really; most players that end up doing well for us don't have that reflect on the top 20. I don't recall Gallagher being number two behind Galchenyuk last year.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs View Post

Some nice moves
Incredible hands!!

Old
08-14-2013, 12:09 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
Incredible hands!!
Does he remind anyone else of Marek Svatos?

Old
08-14-2013, 01:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Does he remind anyone else of Marek Svatos?
I dont recall Svatos much but he certainly reminds me a bit of Drouin in those videos..

Old
08-14-2013, 02:00 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I dont recall Svatos much but he certainly reminds me a bit of Drouin in those videos..
On se calme.

Drouin did those moves against top Defenders every day, Réway was making kids that will never play in the 'Q look like fools, BIG difference.

Réway is able to undress 'Q players, but PLEASE, let's stop that comparison right now.

A less developed Tomas Tatar, sure. But Drouin, come on.

Old
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
On se calme.

Drouin did those moves against top Defenders every day, Réway was making kids that will never play in the 'Q look like fools, BIG difference.

Réway is able to undress 'Q players, but PLEASE, let's stop that comparison right now.

A less developed Tomas Tatar, sure. But Drouin, come on.
I think you need to calm down. Someone can remind you of somebody else in style but not necessarily in effectiveness or proficiency. In the prospect board, many were comparing Lehkonen to Selanne in terms of style and quite obviously none meant to say that he was anywhere near Selanne's level.

Old
08-14-2013, 10:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Good God. I'm really starting to root for this kid. I'm starting to be quite glad the Nucks took Subban. Plays a spirited game too.

Imagine we got our own Drouin in the 4th round?!?!

This past draft is starting to get me more pumped than the year before. He might actually look like our most skilled prospect.
I was impressed with him at the wjc's as a 17 year old on a bad Slovak team. Should be fun to see how he does this year and next. Guys like Reway, Lehkonen, Hudon, Andrighetto, Beaulieu etc... all among our most skilled prospects, will be interesting to see who can be an impact players for the Habs in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
That doesn't really say much really; most players that end up doing well for us don't have that reflect on the top 20. I don't recall Gallagher being number two behind Galchenyuk last year.
I had Gallagher @ 6th in the last ranking that I still considered him a prospect, he's one that I underrated due to his lack of size and I thought he needed to be a little quicker for someone his size.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=190

Closed Thread