Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Im about to throw the first stone

Old
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
OLD51JOHN

vCash: 500
Im about to throw the first stone

I thought that sullivan had done a good job with what he had ... My question is ???? Would we be worse off today if he were still the coach??? Im not asking for miracles... Why do other teams not take the stupid penalties we take????? It is up to the coaches to teach ,,,,,I for one am not blaming the goalies...This is suppose to be the top professional league.... When will this team adapt to the new rules?????

OLD51JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:09 PM
whatsbruin

vCash: 500
I watched the game last night, and I don't see too many NHL games, and I'm not a student of the new NHL, but 80% of the calls made on the B's I couldn't believe
were penalties. Even in the new NHL!

Jurcina tied up his man, without putting a glove on him, and had his stick under the other players stick, and got a hooking penalty.

The rules didn't need changing, they just needed to call the penalties when one player closes his hand on an opposing players stick or jersey.

Right now, it looks like:
  • Lewis is doing a poor job with the PK, PP, or putting players in position to succeed. Who forsaw this ? What is this guy thinking ?
  • Bergeron, Boyes, Sturm are not producing. Who would have expected this ?
  • Overcoming loss of B. Stuart. Hopefully he is back soon.
  • Goaltending is terrible. Why does this always happen to the B's. 15 plus years of goalie instability. Dafoe was the best one, and he was up and down just about every other year.
  • Little offense from 3rd and 4th line, but this was expected

If they could get solid goaltending, I'm thinking most of their problems, with the
exception of 3rd/4th line scoring could be worked out.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote