HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers STH Town Hall Meeting (Monday Aug. 12th)

Old
08-10-2013, 06:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8476
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Flyers STH Town Hall Meeting (Monday Aug. 12th)

The Flyers are having their town hall meeting(usually held in March or April IIRC), but there is one next week. For those not familiar, there are presentations by Laviolette, Holmgren, Luce/Pryor, Tilger/Luukko, and some others about parking/concessions and stuff like that. It's for season ticket holders only, unfortunately. I'll be going, anyone else plan on attending? Any questions people are dying to ask?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:14 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

vCash: 500
First time hearing this, would love for you to post some of the topics discussed etc.

I bet a big portion of the "concession part" is making going to games affordable. They are simply out pricing people, but overall as long as the team stays competitive, the demand for tickets/merchandise is definitely always going to be there.

usahockey22flyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Is this a make-up for last season? Don't these usually come later?

08-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Flyers845

This will be my 7th time not going. I don't have any complaints really except for FDR park closing early so you can't park for free but they won't or couldn't change it so why bother bring it up

Flyers845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 08:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
They keep doing this at times I can't make it. Can't understand why they'd do this in August.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 06:49 AM
PAZUZU

i will be there. wonder if hexy is gonna show....

they usually hold this right after the season ends but before the playoffs start.

PAZUZU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
i will be there. wonder if hexy is gonna show....

they usually hold this right after the season ends but before the playoffs start.
Yeah, I thought they were generally in March or April. I wonder if this is to make up for not having it last season, and if they'll have another in the usual time.

HF should get a group together for the Q&A session and grill the hell out of Homer

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:05 AM
freakydallas13

So did anyone go to it? Anything interesting to report?

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 06:45 AM
PAZUZU

nothing earth shattering. Lavy said he did not plan to break up the 1st PP unit with the acquisition of Streit, noting the success of the unit last season. Chris Pryor must have gotten ripped by the group right before us, because he was super defensive with his comments right off the bat. he said he wasn't happy that the draft order was leaked with the release of the draft video, because 5 years or so from now that could come back to haunt them. it was cool to see Hexy there, he said that the richards-schenn/simmonds trade was a good hockey trade and he was very reluctant to part with simmer in that deal because they knew he could do it all. somebody asked Homer about the cap, being $2mil over and all, what are his plans to get under before the season starts, and he basically said "we are?", so that was his way of saying not gonna tell you.

Old
08-13-2013, 07:50 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
nothing earth shattering. Lavy said he did not plan to break up the 1st PP unit with the acquisition of Streit, noting the success of the unit last season. Chris Pryor must have gotten ripped by the group right before us, because he was super defensive with his comments right off the bat. he said he wasn't happy that the draft order was leaked with the release of the draft video, because 5 years or so from now that could come back to haunt them. it was cool to see Hexy there, he said that the richards-schenn/simmonds trade was a good hockey trade and he was very reluctant to part with simmer in that deal because they knew he could do it all. somebody asked Homer about the cap, being $2mil over and all, what are his plans to get under before the season starts, and he basically said "we are?", so that was his way of saying not gonna tell you.
nooooo way! Isles fans told us that Streit was obviously brough it to play on the 1st PP unit

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Must've been for a full season people. I have partial plan and got no invite.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
nooooo way! Isles fans told us that Streit was obviously brough it to play on the 1st PP unit
I think he should be on there so that Kimmo gets more rest.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:09 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
What a loser! I'm sure some teams will be looking back on here for that time a couple of Flyers fans decoded their draft board 5 years from now.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
What a loser! I'm sure some teams will be looking back on here for that time a couple of Flyers fans decoded their draft board 5 years from now.
The media has surely set an Outlook reminder 5 years from now to write a series of articles about how the org clearly and disastrously ****ed up.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:19 PM
PAZUZU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I think he should be on there so that Kimmo gets more rest.
one of the other points lavy made about kimmo is that they want him to be in the 20-22 minutes per game range, not the 26-27-28 a game range, and he felt Streit's presence will help keep him away from those higher numbers.

Old
08-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Mota

I'd rather see Streit on the second unit...just because it will be nice for that unit to actually have a capable QB for once.

I think we'll see Vinny eventually take Hartnells spot on the first unit...I think he'd be the best option to be the trigger man in the slot.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:42 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

If you want to read a more detailed account of the STH Town Hall Meeting this is worth a read! http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.ph...ownhall-recap/

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
If you want to read a more detailed account of the STH Town Hall Meeting this is worth a read! http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.ph...ownhall-recap/
Thanks for posting, that was an awesome read.

Really in depth!

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 01:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I still think Laughton will be up this year despite Homer changing his tune a bit.

Old
08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Just to be clear though, the practices (regular season/playoffs) will still remain at the SkateZone in Voorhees correct? They were only talking about moving training camp to Philly permanently right? But, that practices would otherwise still remain in N.J.? Can anyone clear that up for me?

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Lavy: He said off the top of his head he sees Lecavalier with Read and maybe Simmonds as the muscle on the line. He said that he sees at times Lecavalier going out on the line with Giroux
Mmmm, Lecavalier with Read and Simmonds. Does that mean Brayden with G and JV and Hartnell with Couts, or is Schenn going to 3LW with Couts?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Mmmm, Lecavalier with Read and Simmonds. Does that mean Brayden with G and JV and Hartnell with Couts, or is Schenn going to 3LW with Couts?
I'd prefer Read to play with Couturier seeing as he's still going to see some tough matchup's defensively. I don't think Schenn or Simmonds are capable of handling those matchup's like Read would.

People will probably complain about that & expect Couturier to be given an offensive role even though he's really done nothing to this point to suggest he's capable of handling it (some of it because of him & some of it because of Lavy).

Old
08-14-2013, 02:57 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Thanks for posting.

It sounds like Lavi kind of answered under the gun, as he stated that he would rather wait until he sees how the players gel on the ice before making a definitive choice. Like he said, he hadn't considered using Giroux with Jagr until he saw how they played together.

The top nine line combinations is a good dilemma to have this year.

08-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Flyerfan4life

sooo it would seem the Flyers are pretty set on keeping Mez.

countdown till re-injured ???

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'd prefer Read to play with Couturier seeing as he's still going to see some tough matchup's defensively. I don't think Schenn or Simmonds are capable of handling those matchup's like Read would.

People will probably complain about that & expect Couturier to be given an offensive role even though he's really done nothing to this point to suggest he's capable of handling it (some of it because of him & some of it because of Lavy).
I think Couts is going to create more offense this year, even in a primarily shutdown role, whoever his linemates are, and Read will likely be one of them. Both of them have great instincts and patience. With Couts, it's just a matter of time. He'll be stronger and faster this year, which will make him more dangerous.

I hope Lavy mixes things up a lot in the preseason to see who has chemistry, as he said. In the top 9 we have lots of guys who can play C and wingers who can play either side, so there are options to mix and match.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote