HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beaulieu pleads guilty to assault charges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2013, 03:12 PM
  #26
No Style Points
Registered User
 
No Style Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
I might be in the minority, but I want a bad boy on this team. A little bit of grit, a little bit of an edge. Before my time, but wasn't Chelios kind of an ass****?

No Style Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:12 PM
  #27
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
He won't go to jail, right?

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:23 PM
  #28
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Pretty much. His dad is an idiot.
I think this is right.
I can't imagine a situation where I would have to have my Dad's back in case he started some ****.

this whole thing was bass-ackwards.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:31 PM
  #29
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
He won't go to jail, right?
Depends what you consider Hamilton.

(I kid Hamilton folks, I kid.)

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
  #30
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Good. Now we can put this **** behind and lay it to rest until it comes up as a trivia question in 10 years.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:45 PM
  #31
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,025
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
They could move him for hockey reasons. Not to be a downer but he was probably the least impressive "big time" prospect I saw in person this past season in the AHL. Left think that is like a mid-round draft pick project player with plenty to work on. Skates great but left a ton to be desired. I know he is very young for most of last season for the league much like Jurco with Detroit. But surprised none the less that he was maybe fourth or fifth most talented D-man on the ice that night.
Interesting take, considering he cleaned up the Bulldogs' year-end awards. Team MVP, co-leading scorer, co-best defenseman, top rookie. Not that Hamilton was a particularly good team, but clearly that wasn't Beaulieu's fault. Pretty good for a first year pro.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  #32
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,956
vCash: 500
Perhaps we'll trade him for Jordan Subban? Good character and size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
They could move him for hockey reasons. Not to be a downer but he was probably the least impressive "big time" prospect I saw in person this past season in the AHL. Left think that is like a mid-round draft pick project player with plenty to work on. Skates great but left a ton to be desired. I know he is very young for most of last season for the league much like Jurco with Detroit. But surprised none the less that he was maybe fourth or fifth most talented D-man on the ice that night.
He was tied for the team scoring lead as an AHL rookie defenseman that was 19 for the first third of the season during a lockout year. Beaulieu ended the season with a 15 points in 16 game run despite there being very few scoring forwards on the team capable of getting him these points on one of his biggest strengths - the powerplay. He showed a lot of good flashes in his NHL stint with 2 assists in 6 games with a +5 rating. There was a lot of progression in his game over the year just like any other prospect adapting to the pro game.

It's tough to analyze a prospect based on 1 game. Someone who saw Jurco at the start of the AHL season might think future euro leaguer but at the end of the season he was much better.


Last edited by Watsatheo: 08-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  #33
aaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Both male victims are known to the men and received minor injuries.

"Injuries to both (victims) are considered minor," said Deputy police Chief Mark Campbell. "Consistent with being struck to the face area."



Not an ideal situation but s*** happens sometimes. He'll be fine.

aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:49 PM
  #34
onice
Registered User
 
onice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
This guy has bust written all over him.
Maybe someone should take the crayons & felt markers away from his girlfriend (or boyfriend).

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
  #35
thom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
I am glad im not the one being assulted but a team needs bad ***** to be a winner.

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
  #36
BigFatPapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Send Martin Lapointe to give him a swift kick in the ass and move on...

BigFatPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
  #37
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
First time offender, appropriate sentence for someone who shows accountability by pleading guilty, made a young person mistake, lets move on.
hahahah I doubt he pled guilty for accountability reasons, he wanted it to go away fast so it didn't affect hockey travel and things like that

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:00 PM
  #38
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
They could move him for hockey reasons. Not to be a downer but he was probably the least impressive "big time" prospect I saw in person this past season in the AHL. Left think that is like a mid-round draft pick project player with plenty to work on. Skates great but left a ton to be desired. I know he is very young for most of last season for the league much like Jurco with Detroit. But surprised none the less that he was maybe fourth or fifth most talented D-man on the ice that night.
I think your player evaluation probably just sucks.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:02 PM
  #39
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Not joking. Don't like his game and he has attitude issues. Had them in St John as well.
Saint John, and no he didn't, was one of the hardest working players on the team.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:12 PM
  #40
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
First time offender, appropriate sentence for someone who shows accountability by pleading guilty, made a young person mistake, lets move on.
This !! So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Heard the same thing when I called Fischer a bust.

I could be wrong. I hope I am.
Yeah, after the fact right ? You are also one of those negative posters here. I don't understand you guys agenda to always bash the Habs.
Then if and when they do win a cup. You will be the first to stand up and say, i told you so.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:13 PM
  #41
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
I don't understand many of you.
Yes he may have got into a fight outside of hockey yea SO WHAT. let him bring that GRIT to the ice. Habs need GRIT. It's been years since the Habs have had good players that DON'T BACK DOWN. Can hold their own and earn some respect in Boston. Sure I am hoping but It sure would be nice to have Tinordi,Beaulieu,Prust,Parros,MaCarron and MORE to come from the MB plan. maybe not this year, but soon the worm WILL turn. Boston has beat up the Habs for years now and got away with it. Lucic for sure and Chara on Patches thing remember. No NHL suspensions. Lucic running away from big George remember only to take on smaller habs. Coward. So if Beaulieu has GRIT well that's GOOD.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
  #42
Brainiac
Registered User
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Sounds like daddy is/was a bad influence.

Not worried at all. The habs seem to surround their prospect properly now, so we'll see how he deals with this situation.

And yeah, our D squad could use a little bit of agressivity anyway.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:15 PM
  #43
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,025
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I don't understand many of you.
Yes he may have got into a fight outside of hockey yea SO WHAT. let him bring that GRIT to the ice. Habs need GRIT. It's been years since the Habs have had good players that DON'T BACK DOWN. Can hold their own and earn some respect in Boston. Sure I am hoping but It sure would be nice to have Tinordi,Beaulieu,Prust,Parros,MaCarron and MORE to come from the MB plan. maybe not this year, but soon the worm WILL turn. Boston has beat up the Habs for years now and got away with it. Lucic for sure and Chara on Patches thing remember. No NHL suspensions. Lucic running away from big George remember only to take on smaller habs. Coward. So if Beaulieu has GRIT well that's GOOD.
Just because somebody doesn't like Beaulieu getting into fights off the ice doesn't mean they don't want him being aggressive on the ice.

Similarly, you don't need to beat people up off the ice to prove that you have "grit".

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
  #44
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 500
He needs to plead guilty to tattooing his own name on his body.

That's the real crime here.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:22 PM
  #45
LLoyd Christmas I
Registered User
 
LLoyd Christmas I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
So he's offensively gifted AND he can fight?

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
  #46
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
First time offender, appropriate sentence for someone who shows accountability by pleading guilty, made a young person mistake, lets move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Heard the same thing when I called Fischer a bust.

I could be wrong. I hope I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just because somebody doesn't like Beaulieu getting into fights off the ice doesn't mean they don't want him being aggressive on the ice.

Similarly, you don't need to beat people up off the ice to prove that you have "grit".
Thats funny actually, because back in the day Nilan and company were famous for their fights on Crescent st. And we know how that turned out for that team. I remember lot's of off ice issues with that gang, Nilan, Chelly, Odelein, Corson. Even saw one with my own eyes at a bar in Magog at la Brise which is closed now. So, the off ice issues is nothing. He is a kid.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
  #47
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,025
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Thats funny actually, because back in the day Nilan and company were famous for their fights on Crescent st. And we know how that turned out for that team. I remember lot's of off ice issues with that gang, Nilan, Chelly, Odelein, Corson. Even saw one with my own eyes at a bar in Magog at la Brise which is closed now. So, the off ice issues is nothing. He is a kid.
I hear what you're saying, but let's also not pretend that 2013 is comparable in any way to the 80's. Totally different eras with different expectations, values, codes, etc.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:31 PM
  #48
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
I really hope we don't trade him, I have a feeling that we would regret moving him.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
  #49
LPHabsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Does anyone know anything about what actually happened? Do we know whether or not Nathan started the fight. Do we know whether or not it was a fight? Do we know whether or not alcohol was involved? Do we know whether or not he was standing up for his father? Did his father start something that as his son had no choice but to get involved in? Was somebody hammered and started to talk crap to the kid and/or the father and things just got a bit out of hand?

Anyone have any answers? No? Alright, continue the wild baseless speculation about what any of this means towards his hockey abilities, family life, mental stability and general personality.

LPHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:52 PM
  #50
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,025
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan View Post
Does anyone know anything about what actually happened? Do we know whether or not Nathan started the fight. Do we know whether or not it was a fight? Do we know whether or not alcohol was involved? Do we know whether or not he was standing up for his father? Did his father start something that as his son had no choice but to get involved in? Was somebody hammered and started to talk crap to the kid and/or the father and things just got a bit out of hand?

Anyone have any answers? No? Alright, continue the wild baseless speculation about what any of this means towards his hockey abilities, family life, mental stability and general personality.
If you're genuinely interested you can find more info (not much, mind you) in the first iteration of this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1416185

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.