HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN: Top 50 players entering the 2013-2014 season (Subban - 23rd / Price - 48th)

Old
08-13-2013, 05:27 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Sorry about that onemorecup.
no problem my friend have good one

getting back to Tavares , I have seen him dozens of times in junior

if you want numbers , he is your guy

you want a cup I will take Toews , Bergeron , Staal , etc, anyday of the of the week over him

Tavares doesnt have the physical jam to be a leader , he will never have the ballz to do what other stars have done

do I want him ,YES plus at 5.5 for 5 years he is a steal money wise

but he will be among those solid scorers who wont make that difference when the chips are on the line like Spezza

Believe me I am not knocking these guys at all but there are cup warriors and complimentary stars and he liek Spezza is one of them

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

That... is a weird ranking.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
sharks9

They also have us finishing 4th in our division, behind Boston, Detroit and Ottawa.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Matteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , this dude is a one way offensive player

doesnt play well defensively , average skater

from the hash marks in he is as good as it gets but you wont win cup with him as your best player

stats fantasy player, elite pp guy
Totally agree with your assessment!

Matteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
They also have us finishing 4th in our division, behind Boston, Detroit and Ottawa.
I like it. Habs are a better team when these so-called "experts" doubt them.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I don't know about Tavares being higher than Malkin or even Datsuyk but Tavares is turning into an incredible player. Very scary with the puck on his stick.

Karlsson I think is way overrated IMO.

PK's too low but I can understand why he isn't higher.
By next year, the underrating of PK will cease.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
SB164

Malkin had 109 points in 75 games, on his way to winning the Hart, Ted Lindsay, and Art Ross trophies. Maybe THN should give a former Conn Smythe winner the benefit of the doubt, because he's a top 3 player in the world.

Also, anybody else find all this hyperbolic praise about Karlsson funny considering the dismissive comments when Mike Green was putting up similar numbers?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 07:33 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Malkin had 109 points in 75 games, on his way to winning the Hart, Ted Lindsay, and Art Ross trophies. Maybe THN should give a former Conn Smythe winner the benefit of the doubt, because he's a top 3 player in the world.

Also, anybody else find all this hyperbolic praise about Karlsson funny considering the dismissive comments when Mike Green was putting up similar numbers?
Karlsson's better than Green was and still an amazing D man but I still think he's overrated and not just on this poll.

Anyone who would want to trade him for PK would be crazy. I thought he was even better than him in '11-'12

Old
08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Et le But

I think some of you are harsh on Tavares. If anything he's more complete than he Stamkos. He's not the same player he was in juniors, he's improved in every element of the game and he singlehandedly made the Islanders respectable again.

That being said he's not ahead of Malkin, at least not yet.

Karlsson...put it this way, there's even another Swedish defender I'd take over him.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 10:00 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think some of you are harsh on Tavares. If anything he's more complete than he Stamkos. He's not the same player he was in juniors, he's improved in every element of the game and he singlehandedly made the Islanders respectable again.

That being said he's not ahead of Malkin, at least not yet.

Karlsson...put it this way, there's even another Swedish defender I'd take over him.
I'd say so. He's just an evil playmaker. He's one of my favourite non-Habs even though he makes us look stupid. He's scary good.

That said I still think Galchenyuk will be better.

Old
08-14-2013, 02:29 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
The annual feature in THN's Yearbook. Due to copyright issues, I can't post the lists, but I can post little random bits.

Subban is ranked 23rd, and the 6th ranked defenseman. He's behind Karlsson, Doughty, Keith, Chara & Suter.

Price is ranked 48th, and the 7th ranked goaltender. He's behind Quick, Lundqvist, Rask, Bobrovsky, Anderson, & Crawford.

Top 5 for those wondering:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Alex Ovechkin
3. Steven Stamkos
4. Erik Karlsson
5. John Tavares

Our top 10 prospects:

1. Nathan Beaulieu
2. Michael McCarron
3. Jacob De La Rose
4. Zachary Fucale
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. Sebastian Collberg
7. Charles Hudon
8. Michael Bournival
9. Christian Thomas
10. Artturi Lehkonen

There's also an article on Alex Galchenyuk.
Anybody can tell me if the article is interesting? I could buy it just for that.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Lafleurs Guy

THN always weights the previous season a little too high for my tastes. Webber and Subban are both top five blueliners for example. Malkin has an off year and falls out of the top five.

There's no way I'd take either Anderson, Crawford or Bobrovski over Price or Rinne. OV is number 3 overall?

As for Tavares, I agree he's probably too high based on what we've seen from him but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him as a top five player after this season. I have him as the 5th best forward right now behind Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and OV. That's higher than where most would have him but that's where I see him. Very surprised to see him as a top five player overall. But he's really good.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 323
Top 5 for my money:

Crosby
Datysuk
Malkin
Lundqvist
Stamkos

Karlsson is not even in my top 10, my goodness his hype has reached a ridiculous level. He's not even as good as Mike Green was a couple years ago.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:24 PM
thegreatgasby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , this dude is a one way offensive player

doesnt play well defensively , average skater

from the hash marks in he is as good as it gets but you wont win cup with him as your best player

stats fantasy player, elite pp guy
i disagree tavares is the real deal i would take him over stamkos....tavares make every player around him better...is overall game is better then stamkos..tavares is also only 22
and btw tavares is pretty solid both side of the ring.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Subban's ranking seems fair. Price's overall ranking maybe, but not sure how guys like Anderson, Crawford, and Bobrovsky get to be amongst the goalies ahead of him.
Price is better than all of them but considering the seasons they just had their rankings are understandable.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Karlsson is not even in my top 10, my goodness his hype has reached a ridiculous level. He's not even as good as Mike Green was a couple years ago.
Try living in Ottawa. The rest of the league should feel blessed to even share the same ice as him.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
otto bond

It's nice to see Price getting love, even if it's THN

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:29 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Top 5 for my money:

Crosby
Datysuk
Malkin
Lundqvist
Stamkos

My top 5 is:

Crosby
Malkin/OV
Subban-yes a bit of homer here but really?
Datysuk

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

They got it all wrong! Andrighetto should be #1! MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE

Anyway my top 5 is:

Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Ovechkin
Datsyuk

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Habsawce

While everyone respects and loves Datsyuk's game, he really can't be rated high enough. He's such a treat to watch over 200 feet and everything he does is at an elite level.

I remember when he first came into the league and was only known for his breakaway talents, seems like forever ago.

Old
08-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Try living in Ottawa. The rest of the league should feel blessed to even share the same ice as him.
I lived in Ottawa when they made the finals and it seems like the hype and excitement around the team then was about 1/10th of what it is around Karlsson alone.

Someone I knew had 4 tickets to game 6 vs. Buffalo in the ECF and couldn't go and asked me to sell them for him at face value. I had trouble and ended up just giving them back to the team and had his money put back on his card.

Old
08-24-2013, 09:11 AM
jordy

PK snubbed by The Hockey News

When looking at THN's top 50 players I noticed they had Subban rated below 5 other defenseman. Karlsson (#4), Doughty (#10), Keith (#14) ,Chara the caveman (#15) Suter (#17) were all rated ahead of PK. After seeing this I immediately started to question the credibility of THN's authors (do they even watch hockey or are they just not fans of Montreal's Superstar Norris trophy winner?). Just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:13 AM
PricePkPatch

Hockey is a very subjective sport to rate. I don't think it's any kind of deliberate snubbing by a team of journalist.

It's just what they've rated this year. Next year, PK will be even higher. The end

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:16 AM
MonkeyBusiness

They probably want him to prove himself some more. Although some players' rankings are very questionable, I like Karlsson but him being ranked so high is a joke.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
When looking at THN's top 50 players I noticed they had Subban rated below 5 other defenseman. Karlsson (#4), Doughty (#10), Keith (#14) ,Chara the caveman (#15) Suter (#17) were all rated ahead of PK. After seeing this I immediately started to question the credibility of THN's authors (do they even watch hockey or are they just not fans of Montreal's Superstar Norris trophy winner?). Just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

I agree with the writer(s). Subban was possibly the best in a lockout shortened season, but the others have all been better for a longer period of time. Seems pretty fair to me that they're ranked higher before a new season. If Subban is the best again in a full season it'll be fair to put him on top next year. Not now.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote