HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 14 player ratings?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2013, 05:26 PM
  #26
irishock
LMAO pre-90s NHL
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
Datsyuk should be 99. He is the best player on the planet IMO if you consider everything he does.
If he really was that great then we wouldn't be a perennial 2nd round exit team.

irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
  #27
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 5,242
vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
If he really was that great then we wouldn't be a perennial 2nd round exit team.
Then why do the Penguins fall out every first or second round annually despite having the two best forwards in hockey? Perhaps it's because hockey is a team game where series aren't determined by individual players.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:44 PM
  #28
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Then why do the Penguins fall out every first or second round annually despite having the two best forwards in hockey? Perhaps it's because hockey is a team game where series aren't determined by individual players.
Somewhat alarming though is Datsyuk has been very average especially to his high standards in those last two playoff exits though.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 09:47 PM
  #29
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 5,242
vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Somewhat alarming though is Datsyuk has been very average especially to his high standards in those last two playoff exits though.
A fair criticism indeed, though hardly the sole reason for any of our playoff exits.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:25 PM
  #30
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats
 
Kronwalled55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
A couple years ago on my NHL 12 Be a Pro...

Nick Lidstrom was signed by the Chicago Blackhawks. I restarted the game, he was signed by Colorado. Words couldn't describe.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
  #31
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 6,654
vCash: 500
I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the fact that Quincey appears to be the wings second highest rated Dman

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 01:38 AM
  #32
odin1981
Registered User
 
odin1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canton Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 1,683
vCash: 500
Too disgusted to comment on that one chances.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 02:46 AM
  #33
kuick
Tatar Sauce
 
kuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the fact that Quincey appears to be the wings second highest rated Dman
TWD's overalls always look a bit pumped in comparison, even if Ericsson is our #2, defensive guys aren't valued the same way. Guys like Kindl and Smith are rated a bit lower because they have potential ratings that they grow into.

But yeah Quincey sucks.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 09:34 AM
  #34
crashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
If he really was that great then we wouldn't be a perennial 2nd round exit team.
If he wasn't that good, we might not be making the playoffs at all these days.

I'm not sure of the age of any of you guys, but how can you still play these NHL games? They release a "new" version of the game every year that's just more complicated, without making any real improvements. I hate the way EA just repackages the same broken game ever year, packs the games with advertisements, and expect people to pay full price for roster updates.

I think the general control system for the NHL franchise is pretty close to perfection, but they should really do a full overhaul of the entire game engine every 3 or so years, otherwise you're just paying $60 for the same game every year.

But people keep buying these bad games, and that's all that matters to them.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 04:56 PM
  #35
red wiiingz boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
I'll use this lineup (ratings) in NHL 14:

Zetterberg 90 - Datsyuk 95 - Franzen 84/85

Nyquist 80 (4,5*) - Weiss 84 - Alfredsson 83

Abdelkader 79 - Helm 82 - Tatar 78 (4*)

Miller 78 - Andersson 77 (3,5*) - Bertuzzi 78

Extras: Eaves 77, Emmerton 75 (3*), Samuelsson 78, Sheahan 73 (3,5* Green), Tootoo 77


Kronwall 88/89 - Ericsson 82

Smith 79 (4* Green) - Quincey 81

Kindl 81 - DeKeyser 79 (4*)

Extras: Lashoff 76 (3,5*)


Howard 86

Monster 75

Mrazek 73 (4* Green)


Non Red Wings: Brunner 79, Cleary 78, Filppula 83

red wiiingz boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
  #36
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Quincey is money in NHL 13. Reliable defender who puts up at least 30 points a year like clockwork.

It's just a game, though. It is what it is.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 05:28 PM
  #37
red wiiingz boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Some prospects and their potential IMO:

Järnkrok 4 yellow
Mrazek 4 green
Jurco 4 yellow
Sproul 4 yellow
Ouellet 4 yellow
Mantha 4 yellow
Sheahan 3,5 green
Bäckman 3,5 green/4 yellow (He's underrated)
Frk 3,5 yellow
Nastaziuk 3,5 yellow
Janmark 3,5 yellow

red wiiingz boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
  #38
KJoe88
#Fire Holland
 
KJoe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
If he wasn't that good, we might not be making the playoffs at all these days.

I'm not sure of the age of any of you guys, but how can you still play these NHL games? They release a "new" version of the game every year that's just more complicated, without making any real improvements. I hate the way EA just repackages the same broken game ever year, packs the games with advertisements, and expect people to pay full price for roster updates.

I think the general control system for the NHL franchise is pretty close to perfection, but they should really do a full overhaul of the entire game engine every 3 or so years, otherwise you're just paying $60 for the same game every year.

But people keep buying these bad games, and that's all that matters to them.
I think people buy them (including myself) because of the competetive nature of it. Especially EASHL, despite a few broken parts to the attribute system.

I actually see 14 being a much improved game over 13.

KJoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 06:42 PM
  #39
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe88 View Post
I think people buy them (including myself) because of the competetive nature of it. Especially EASHL, despite a few broken parts to the attribute system.

I actually see 14 being a much improved game over 13.
You nailed it.

I wouldn't bother if I were only doing the single player. But I play a ton of hours with my friends in the EASHL. The game can feel like a rehash, but it's the only hockey game in town, and if you want to play online you need the newest version.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 06:50 PM
  #40
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 5,242
vCash: 828
I never play EASHL, I don't derive any amusement out of it, I just play hours upon hours of BE-A-GM.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 06:53 PM
  #41
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
I never play EASHL, I don't derive any amusement out of it, I just play hours upon hours of BE-A-GM.
The team aspect is appealing. You only get to play one position, and so everybody plays a role.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 07:51 PM
  #42
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 5,242
vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
The team aspect is appealing. You only get to play one position, and so everybody plays a role.
yeah, but I'd rather play actual hockey for that kind of thing, yano? I like playing Be-a-GM because you get to basically run a simulated season and articulate trades, develop, and scout. Yano?

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 08:55 PM
  #43
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
yeah, but I'd rather play actual hockey for that kind of thing, yano?
Sure, but how often can you play hockey with your friends across the country at 10pm on a Wednesday?

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 03:17 AM
  #44
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 5,242
vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Sure, but how often can you play hockey with your friends across the country at 10pm on a Wednesday?
I forgot to reply to this, my apologies. Anyway, that's an absolutely valid and fair point. And I completely sympathize and understand that. Everyone plays the game for different reasons, and clearly the majority of people that do play the EASHL primarily. I however prefer the offline stuff and it bums me out that they haven't really updated it much over the last 4-5 years.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
  #45
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 6,654
vCash: 500
Here's kronwall rating for nhl 14. 5/5 stars for defense LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9834785...57635183914473

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:34 PM
  #46
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 19,736
vCash: 872
Fighting skill 75...

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.