HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

110% Trade scenarios to get Lecavalier

Old
11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Where do you get this? I think the deal would've been done by now if that were the case.
Tampa is itching to dump that contract. They can't make any moves at all with their roster because of their cap situation...

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This is too funny, our favorite clowns from 110% gave their trade ideas about who they would ship for Lecavalier.....

JEAN PERRON: Aebisher, Samsonov and 1st round pick

MICHEL BERGERON: Kovalev, 1 d-men Tampa Bay's choice, 2 1st round picks

MICHEL VILLENEUVE: Markov, Ryder, Price

FRANCOIS GAGNON: Souray, Samsonov, and 1st round pick.

This exercice was way too funny to not share it with HF buddies....

People, those guys are experts, do not try this at home.....

hahahhahahaha @ all these offers.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Tampa is itching to dump that contract. They can't make any moves at all with their roster because of their cap situation...
Maybe, but it would cost more than Ryder and a 2nd. I'm pretty sure Gainey would have made that deal a 1000 times over if that's all it took.

I just don't think a 6.8 cap hit is that bad. Obviously it all depends on how one sees Lecavalier. I'm still ambivalent. I used to think he was one of the most overrated players in the league, a guy who likes to make fancy low percentage plays so that even his mistakes look "talented." But he was great in the Cup run, and superb in the WC because he played with focus and that famous talent.

Feaster may want to make a deal, but I think he's only going to trade Lecavalier if a team pays the price for a franchise C in his prime and under contract. He may not actually match that description, but anyone who wants Lecavalier will have to agree to that seller's description. And I suspect that Gainey does.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Maybe, but it would cost more than Ryder and a 2nd. I'm pretty sure Gainey would have made that deal a 1000 times over if that's all it took.

I just don't think a 6.8 cap hit is that bad. Obviously it all depends on how one sees Lecavalier. I'm still ambivalent. I used to think he was one of the most overrated players in the league, a guy who likes to make fancy low percentage plays so that even his mistakes look "talented." But he was great in the Cup run, and superb in the WC because he played with focus and that famous talent.

Feaster may want to make a deal, but I think he's only going to trade Lecavalier if a team pays the price for a franchise C in his prime and under contract. He may not actually match that description, but anyone who wants Lecavalier will have to agree to that seller's description. And I suspect that Gainey does.
Feaster won't get the return he's looking for. As good as Vinny can be, teams will not handcuff themselves with a $7 million 70 pt player. Especially if they have to give up alot to get him.

Old
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head.

At his best, Lecavalier is a franchise player. He's also only 26, so he might not have entered his prime yet.

It would take a heck of a deal for Feaster to trade Lecavalier away. Ryder and a 2nd for Lecavalier would be robbery, and I don't think Feaster is that stupid.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Quiet Robert

I feel like a teacher grading remedial students' exams. You can tell these guys are trying hard, but they're just too dumb to get anything right.

A for effort.

F
for retardation.

I haven't watched the show since the season started and I can honestly say I don't think I've missed anything. Same old stuff all the time, and I'm glad I don't watch it anymore.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Feaster won't get the return he's looking for. As good as Vinny can be, teams will not handcuff themselves with a $7 million 70 pt player. Especially if they have to give up alot to get him.
True, but then again I don't think he'll be itching to jump at an Aebischer/Samsonov combo.

For some reason, I don't think Lecavalier would be a great fit in MTL. He's a French-Canadian, and the inconsistent play that he gets away with in Tampa would get him killed in Montreal.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
You hold most GMs in high esteem, I gather.

GMs have repeatedly shown themselves more than willing to spend the big buck in the new NHL.

Should Feaster decide to start off the Lecavalier sweepstakes, do you really think he won't be able to do better than "Ryder and a 2nd"?

Anyway, as much as I personally tend to agree with your logic, I think there's something to be learned from the Thornton trade. Who seems better off to you: the Bruins, or the Sharks? Ergo, if I'm Feaster, I wouldn't trade Lecavalier unless I received a ludicrously lopsided offer.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:19 PM
kostitsyn1489

Thats quite funny... Except thought

Best season: 71 points(82 games)
Best season(PPG): 56 points(50 games)
Career stats: 472 points (582 games) PPG: .81
Salary: 4.5M (Overpaid)
Career Potenciel: 2nd center

Best season: 75 points(80 games)
Best season(PPG): 78 points(80 games)
Career Stats: 442(562 games) PPG: .79
Salary: 6.8M(Fair)
Career Potenciel: Superstar

Allright...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
HomaridII

The guy you all love to hate (Eklund) reported today that the Habs are seriously considering Lecavalier.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:37 PM
GSK*

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3557

The Habs are seriously considering LeCavalier (e2). So are Phoenix and Colorado.

Not reliable, but it will be nice.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I do beleive Gainey is considering him...As nice as it would be to have a centre like him, I don't know if the benefits will outweigh having to let some people go.

No way does Gainey re-sign Markov if Vinny is a Hab. He just can't fit it under the cap.

Old
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Pascal

he's too expensive.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Adriatic

What Bozos at that show. The biggest of them all of course is Bergeron. Can you believe this guy would give Kovalev, any D-man they want and 2 first rounders to Tampa for a guy like Lecavalier. He's not even a point per game player for god sakes, never had more than 78 points in a season and he makes like 7 million...and this bozo wants to give half our team away and our future.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Talent Analyst

Souray + Ryder + 2rd choice for Vinny ?

May look like that :

Higgins-Koivu-Perezhogin
Samsonov-Lecavalier-Kovalev
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Kostitsyn(Murray)-Plekanek-Begin

Not that bad

But seriously ... Markov + Ryder + Price.... what tha hell ?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Souray + Ryder + 2rd choice for Vinny ?

May look like that :

Higgins-Koivu-Perezhogin
Samsonov-Lecavalier-Kovalev
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Kostitsyn(Murray)-Plekanek-Begin

Not that bad

But seriously ... Markov + Ryder + Price.... what tha hell ?
To them, it boils down to this: two Anglos and a European for a French guy.

Come on, guys; the 110% guys would trade Markov, Ryder and Price for Brisebois if they had the chance.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:02 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
We will have the first Overall...
pending the outcome of the draft lottery , but we would have the best chance of getting the number one overall .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Vinny can be had for Ryder and a 2nd.

It's one of the worst ones in hockey right now...People complain that Kovalev and Koivu are overpaid...yeesh!
Ironic ! you make a thread to show the trade propositions of 110 % , and to say how they are ridiculous , and than you propose your own trade , that is even worst .

From what you said , 110 % did their trade proposition for " What it would takes for the habs , to get lecavalier "

Or , to get a 6,75 m$ center of 26 years old , that is the best player of his team at that moment , you first need to make cap room , because by now we just have around 1,5 m$ free . We can't just give Ryder for him , because we would be over the cap .

Yes , the propositions look crazy , but just think that Tampa are having needs , that they want to get more cap space , and that the Habs don't have any room to add a 6 , 75 m$ extra . Than the only thing they can do is to give equal salary , by giving them more players ( Tampa need depth , may be a goaler ) , but good players because of the value of Lecavalier around the league .

The Habs have also to give similar or better than what other teams can give . Or , a package that can compensate for deal that would cost less money for Tampa

It's easy to make fun of propositions , but harder to make one that is considering all the factors that a deal is implicating

you are saying that the contract of Lecavalier is one of the worst of the league . I desagree . He's overpaid for sure , but the guy is only 26 -27 , he 's spectaculor and his game is still progressing , season after season . I prefer him at that price than Saku at 4, 75 M$ , because the game of Lecavalier is going to be better the next years , when Saku is having his best years already done . Saku surprised me the first games , because of his speed and his great play . But it's clear that he's not able to maintain this rythm ,because , already , he seems to be tire some games , and it's just the begining of the season .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Koivu, during the last three years, has changed his game. He used to be about intensity in the slot and between the blue line and the net. The problem is that this made him injured most of the time. I'm guessing he realized he wouldn't be able to play this way at this age, especially with his skills declining every year. Now, he picks his spots and uses his linemates more. He's also learned the defensive side of the game, he's added strong positionning to his game. I think this is for the better as he generally tends to get tired towards the end of the year. Having a rested and healthy Koivu for the playoffs is better, as he excels during the post-season.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Ironic ! you make a thread to show the trade propositions of 110 % , and to say how they are ridiculous , and than you propose your own trade , that is even worst .

From what you said , 110 % did their trade proposition for " What it would takes for the habs , to get lecavalier "

Or , to get a 6,75 m$ center of 26 years old , that is the best player of his team at that moment , you first need to make cap room , because by now we just have around 1,5 m$ free . We can't just give Ryder for him , because we would be over the cap .

Yes , the propositions look crazy , but just think that Tampa are having needs , that they want to get more cap space , and that the Habs don't have any room to add a 6 , 75 m$ extra . Than the only thing they can do is to give equal salary , by giving them more players ( Tampa need depth , may be a goaler ) , but good players because of the value of Lecavalier around the league .

The Habs have also to give similar or better than what other teams can give . Or , a package that can compensate for deal that would cost less money for Tampa

It's easy to make fun of propositions , but harder to make one that is considering all the factors that a deal is implicating

you are saying that the contract of Lecavalier is one of the worst of the league . I desagree . He's overpaid for sure , but the guy is only 26 -27 , he 's spectaculor and his game is still progressing , season after season . I prefer him at that price than Saku at 4, 75 M$ , because the game of Lecavalier is going to be better the next years , when Saku is having his best years already done . Saku surprised me the first games , because of his speed and his great play . But it's clear that he's not able to maintain this rythm ,because , already , he seems to be tire some games , and it's just the begining of the season .
Unless you expect him to somehow develop into a 100 pt + player (which is what he should be, based on his contract) within the next 3 years, I don't see why you would want to take on such a massive contract. Keep in mind that such a contract means you CANNOT resign Markov or Souray. It just can't happen. And you cannot sign anyone of a similar caliber to take their place in the lineup. And there aren't any prospects who can fill that role either.

I didn't say that Montreal should trade Ryder + 2nd to get Vinny, I said that he could be had for that. I'm well aware that salary would need to be cleared up...Hence why I don't think it would be a good idea. I prefer Koivu at $4.75 seeing as he will probably hit 70+ pts with a healthy season, just like Vinny usually puts up. Saku is also a top penalty killer, and while Vinny is ok on the PK, he's not in Koivu's league.

If Vinny was so good, why would Tampa trade him? If he's going to be such a force in the future, why not keep him until he becomes that force? His contract is a huge problem...Tampa probably wants to keep him but seeing as the 3 big contracts they have eat up HALF their cap, they can't improve anything else on their team. The contract is THAT bad...Especially since Vinny isn't like Thornton, dominating and winning games by himself (not yet at least). He also has been putting up either the same or less year after year...Where is the progression? Is Tampa the problem?

Tampa probably would rather trade St Louis, but the NTC kinda limits that possibility.

At this point, trading for Vinny just doesn't make sense. Tampa would be very happy to get rid of that contract, and get a guy like Ryder who can potentially put up the same 70 pts that Vinny does...At the same time giving them enough money to sign a good defenceman or goalie that they desperately need.

Old
11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Koivu, during the last three years, has changed his game. He used to be about intensity in the slot and between the blue line and the net. The problem is that this made him injured most of the time. I'm guessing he realized he wouldn't be able to play this way at this age, especially with his skills declining every year. Now, he picks his spots and uses his linemates more. He's also learned the defensive side of the game, he's added strong positionning to his game. I think this is for the better as he generally tends to get tired towards the end of the year. Having a rested and healthy Koivu for the playoffs is better, as he excels during the post-season.
I agree with you . Saku is intelligent and he 's adapting his game with his health condition . But i find that his energy is falling very fast this season , compare to last season . May be it's just the fact that Higgins is so fast that Saku looks sometime slow or tire !

Old
11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
I made the point last year that Koivu had become a situational player. I don't know whether it's by design or he just doesn't have the gear to get separation in open ice due to time and wear. I don't think it makes him a worse player,just a different one. He was like this before they decided to invest in him, so they get what they bargained for.

One thing to keep in mind, and I'm too lazy to quote Z's last paragraph, Koivu said yes to Montreal's offer, Vinny L used the media and speculation to up Tampa's offer when he had the option of waiting until the summer of 06 and signing in Mtl.

Anyways, it isn't either/or to me, I like Vinny L's game as I 'd said before, and if it could be done without ripping apart the team's core going forward, ie Higgins, it's worth talking about. Do I believe it's being talked about though ? No, not really.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Unless you expect him to somehow develop into a 100 pt + player (which is what he should be, based on his contract) within the next 3 years, I don't see why you would want to take on such a massive contract. Keep in mind that such a contract means you CANNOT resign Markov or Souray. It just can't happen. And you cannot sign anyone of a similar caliber to take their place in the lineup. And there aren't any prospects who can fill that role either.

I didn't say that Montreal should trade Ryder + 2nd to get Vinny, I said that he could be had for that. I'm well aware that salary would need to be cleared up...Hence why I don't think it would be a good idea. I prefer Koivu at $4.75 seeing as he will probably hit 70+ pts with a healthy season, just like Vinny usually puts up. Saku is also a top penalty killer, and while Vinny is ok on the PK, he's not in Koivu's league.

If Vinny was so good, why would Tampa trade him? If he's going to be such a force in the future, why not keep him until he becomes that force? His contract is a huge problem...Tampa probably wants to keep him but seeing as the 3 big contracts they have eat up HALF their cap, they can't improve anything else on their team. The contract is THAT bad...Especially since Vinny isn't like Thornton, dominating and winning games by himself (not yet at least). He also has been putting up either the same or less year after year...Where is the progression? Is Tampa the problem?

Tampa probably would rather trade St Louis, but the NTC kinda limits that possibility.

At this point, trading for Vinny just doesn't make sense. Tampa would be very happy to get rid of that contract, and get a guy like Ryder who can potentially put up the same 70 pts that Vinny does...At the same time giving them enough money to sign a good defenceman or goalie that they desperately need.
well the answer is that they would like to trade St-Louis , but that they are not going to do it , because he's older and has a big contract too . Witch team whants St-Louis ?

That's leave Richards and Lecavalier , two excellent centers . Is Feaster is more confortable with Richards , than it is his choice .

Lecavalier isn't dominating the game as Thorton . But he's a good seller , because he's spectaculor , and is a local boy . If the Habs get him one day , you can be sure that they are going to sell a lot of jerseys with his name , a lot of bubble heads . They are going to use him for their pub , their programs , etc . At the end , that means a lot of benifices " out of the ice "that pay the 2 millions $ extra of the 4, 75 M$ of Saku per exemple .

I don't say that we have to get him , i know that we are going to overpay him , if ever we get him .

But what i know is that he will have a big impact in our team , if ever he comes here . on and outside of the ice .

Old
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
dude_guy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
ahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahah
wow, that's talent. Sending over an overpayed french guy, amazing. What else could we ask for?

dude_guy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:32 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

One thing to keep in mind, and I'm too lazy to quote Z's last paragraph, Koivu said yes to Montreal's offer, Vinny L used the media and speculation to up Tampa's offer when he had the option of waiting until the summer of 06 and signing in Mtl.
hum ...i think that Saku also used the medias , to let know that he wanted to " test " the free market , to up Habs offer .