Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Report: Iginla unhappy with Sutter/Flames

Old
11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
OMA

vCash: 500
I find it hard that Iginla would be dissapointed in the direction of the organization a mere 12 games into the season. It's not like they are going into rebuilding mode or anything like that. They brought in a top 10 LW in the entire league (although he hasn't shown that yet) to play with Iginla. They've managed to keep the core in tact.

That aside the only reason I'd consider moving Iginla right now is the fact that he's off to a great start and could likely garner a good-great return. That being said, I get the feeling that Sutter moved Iginla right now that this team would fall apart at the seams.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Sources tell me that if things don't turn around this weekend the Flames and Flyers may hook up in a major deal. And I mean MAJOR. This is a major league rumor and is fun to speculate on Both these teams are living parallel lives right now. Neither can score, but both have too much talent. The trade rumor I have heard speculated on (from now 3 separate sources) is Gagne, Umberger and Claude Giroux for Iginla, Tim Ramholt and Dustin Boyd. Can you see it now? “Boyd’s of Philadelphia.” (inside joke for Philly folks)

Yeah, I know I know, it is Eklund.....but two questions here....has anyone heard anything about this? and is it the least bit fair....I dont know anything about the two other guys mentioned from Calgary.

thanks

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 12:48 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Sources tell me that if things don't turn around this weekend the Flames and Flyers may hook up in a major deal. And I mean MAJOR. This is a major league rumor and is fun to speculate on Both these teams are living parallel lives right now. Neither can score, but both have too much talent. The trade rumor I have heard speculated on (from now 3 separate sources) is Gagne, Umberger and Claude Giroux for Iginla, Tim Ramholt and Dustin Boyd. Can you see it now? “Boyd’s of Philadelphia.” (inside joke for Philly folks)

Yeah, I know I know, it is Eklund.....but two questions here....has anyone heard anything about this? and is it the least bit fair....I dont know anything about the two other guys mentioned from Calgary.

thanks
My source told me to "Ask again later." Then it told me "All signs point to no."

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 12:52 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
I'm fan of both teams, and while the Flames fan in me would squeal with joy, the Habs aren't doing that trade. What they need is a center, so they won't be trading with Calgary. They may not make any significant deals if they keep playing the way they do, anyway.

Ryder is also a potential UFA, by the way. I think he and Markov will be re-signed. Souray, Niinimaa and probably Rivet will be let go.

A trade with Philly or Boston is more likely (just don't send Iggy to Boston, Darryl, whatever you do...).
If I'm not mistaken, Ryder will still be a RFA this summer(2007) and a possible UFA next summer(2008).

I think BG would seriously consider doing such a trade. The only thing that would hurt in this deal is loosing Markov but Iginla would bring a lot more to the Habs. Anyway, there would be some options to replace him during the summer.

IMO, Kostsitsyn would be able to take the place of Sammy in the lineup. The guy feels he's ready and he's loosing a year in the AHL along with a lot of confidence.

Chipchura has potential to become a great two way forward with leadership but we have already a better version in Higgins.

For the big center, let's give a chance to Kovy. Anyway, Perezhogin played center earlier in his career and could be another option if Kovy can't do the job.

Higgins-Koivu-Iginla
Kostsitsyn-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Plekanec-Murray/Downey

The team would be REALLY improve for the offense. Loosing Markov would be difficult for the defense but IMO, Hamrlik could be great if he plays like he really can.

I would absolutely make the deal I've proposed.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Report: Sensible Flames fans unhappy with the quality of icbites' posts

Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 07:30 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Not to come in but just as quick question, I know Sutter has problems with Conroy. Wouldn't it be smart to obtain him, make Iginla happy and give you guys a #2 center? I just do not fully know the Conroy/Sutter situation, but would think Conroy is not that expensive to get, and would help somewhat

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 07:50 PM
puckdad

Coach

From what I understad from talking to one of the players brother is that the players all get along great and no one wants out. The players are all frustrated with their rookey coach, not the organization or each other.

puckdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Lundmark17

Is it just me or does it make no sense whatsoever to trade Iginla? The guy is the heart and soul of the Flames and is actually playing well. The Flames want to bring in guys to complement Iginla rather than guys to replace him. It's a lot like the Alfredsson situation in Ottawa (I think), if the Sens were to bring anyone in it's going to be to help him out rather than in exchange for him.

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
That's not much of an update

Phanuthier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:00 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post

thanks
I like the Iginla-Gagne part of the deal but would really hate to part with Giroux before he plays a single NHL game...the kid is leading the Q in scoring.

Last edited by CNote: 11-05-2006 at 01:06 PM.
CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:26 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
I like the Iginla-Gagne part of the deal but would really hate to part with Giroux before he plays a single NHL game...the kid is leading the Q in scoring.
I really don't like the Iginla-Gagne part

That said, I don't see how Sutter would move Iginla (the one guy who's come to play this year) and our best prospect in Boyd in the same deal. Philly would have to cough up bigtime for that to happen.

Old
11-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
and boyd was top 10 in AHL scoring before being recalled... we dont like parting with him either... not that we want to part with Iginla either

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

iggy and others coming to the orange and black...........

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Simon12*

I'd love to see Iggy playing in Montreal.. I think he would fit there perfectly.

Simon12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
ComixZone

Sutter isn't moving Iginla, Kiprusoff, or Phaneuf - as per the Ottawa Sun.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
Wheres he heading?

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Kmode

you cant just make up trades in your heads. rumours are one thing from reliable sources, but you guys are just saying what if? i could say the canucks should do this?

to cal - morrison, cooke
to van- iginla

Last edited by kruezer: 11-06-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Kmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouinard for prez View Post
you cant just make up trades in your heads.
Tell that to Eklund.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
JMoss4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
I find it hard that Iginla would be dissapointed in the direction of the organization a mere 12 games into the season. It's not like they are going into rebuilding mode or anything like that. They brought in a top 10 LW in the entire league (although he hasn't shown that yet) to play with Iginla. They've managed to keep the core in tact.

That aside the only reason I'd consider moving Iginla right now is the fact that he's off to a great start and could likely garner a good-great return. That being said, I get the feeling that Sutter moved Iginla right now that this team would fall apart at the seams.
i can see it, you guys had a better team when u guys went to the finals, then in my eyes are slowly going down..it seems when i watch flames highlights that its pretty much iginla doing everything and kipper stopping everything. Maybe iginla is tired of scoring the lone goal or two for the entire team..tanguay personally is terrible without sakic there to help him out...if iginla gets traded i wont be that shocked...i just hope he gets traded to the north and only has to move 3 hours

JMoss4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Even some of the unsensible ones aren't happy.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoss4Life View Post
i can see it, you guys had a better team when u guys went to the finals, then in my eyes are slowly going down..it seems when i watch flames highlights that its pretty much iginla doing everything and kipper stopping everything. Maybe iginla is tired of scoring the lone goal or two for the entire team..tanguay personally is terrible without sakic there to help him out...if iginla gets traded i wont be that shocked...i just hope he gets traded to the north and only has to move 3 hours
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

The roster is about 10 times better on this team than the 04 team, but they are playing terribly so far. If Iginla wants out based on a 12 game stretch of bad hockey then he shouldn't be here to begin with.

As for the Iginla doing everything this year, how is that ANY different that the 04 season? Or last season?

Basically, I guess I just find it hard to believe that he wants out based on the reasoning that's being thrown around here. I mean we've played bad for 12 games... not 3 years.

And we'll see about Tanguay...he's been bad so far.. but he's starting to show signs of life.

Old
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
sticknrink

That Eklund rumour boils down to Iginla for Gagne.

And Sutter while is ugly he isn't stupid. Iginla for Gagne would be a massive, massive downgrade both in offense, grit and leadership.

Gagne is so freaking overrated. Talk about a point leech from Foppa.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote