HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

What's Going On? Part 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  #26
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
IN STUDIO today: Former Spokane Chiefs captain and recent draftee of the Winnipeg Jets Brenden Kichton plus Spruce Grove Saint and recent Vancouver Canucks draftee D-man Mike Williamson (will play at Penn State next year).

Tweet questions you have to @TPS_Guy or text (for free) at 101260

Upcoming IN STUDIO guests include Troy Rutkowski (OTT), Rhett Rachinski (UofA) and Mark Pysyk (BUF).

I asked for requests a while ago. Tyson Baillie and Mitch Wheaton are already in Kelowna and won't be back in Edmonton before the end of the summer, but I tried.
Rarely do I know who the heck is on your show, but it's always interesting radio.

Find myself sitting in my car listening to the end of a segment where as a lot of other shows I just get out and continue on with my day.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
  #27
pox
Registered User
 
pox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to pox
I cant stand the BS cell company ad's there so full of ****...

I didnt think it was posiable to be worse then the RV comercail but they have done it

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
  #28
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Darn looks like Oilers now isn't being sent to ITunes anymore.

I'd grab it from the site but it seems to only be available live. I like to download the podcast on my wireless that way I don't use cell bandwidth when I want to listen to it.

I'm guessing there's some fee as I notice none of the stations really put their shows on ITunes.

Also see you can't download the episodes from soundcloud either.

I did look at the Team 1260 and although they don't post on Itunes that I see there is an RSS feed you can subscribe too that easily let's you maintain and download their podcasts. That's pretty sweet.

Just starting to get into this podcast thing and it's definately not a push of the button thing as I thought when I found Oilers now in the Itunes library.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
  #29
nanook
Registered User
 
nanook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Yeah, I was disappointed to see them disappear from iTunes as well. You can download the SoundCloud app (I have it on iPhone, not sure about its availability for other platforms) and while you can't download, it does make things easier to find. I've subscribed to both Team 1260 and 630 CHED. CHED is current, but 1260 seems not to have updated for a couple of weeks.


Last edited by nanook: 08-12-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
  #30
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
I did look at the Team 1260 and although they don't post on Itunes that I see there is an RSS feed you can subscribe too that easily let's you maintain and download their podcasts. That's pretty sweet.
Just a note that The Pipeline Show is available for free on our own site www.thepipelineshow.com or the Team 1260 site or on Itunes as well.

__________________
The Pipeline Show Blog is found at: www.thepipelineshow.blogspot.com
Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
  #31
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Rarely do I know who the heck is on your show, but it's always interesting radio.

Find myself sitting in my car listening to the end of a segment where as a lot of other shows I just get out and continue on with my day.
I'll take that compliment, much appreciated Joe

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 06:31 PM
  #32
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
BY the way, recent IN STUDIO guests have been both of the goalies for the Brandon Wheat Kings (Curtis Honey and 2014 eligible Jordan Papirny).

Most recently we had Bruins prospect Joe Morrow and Jaynen Rissling of the Washington Capitals/Calgary Hitmen. LINK

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:39 AM
  #33
hyster110
Registered User
 
hyster110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Darn looks like Oilers now isn't being sent to ITunes anymore.

I'd grab it from the site but it seems to only be available live. I like to download the podcast on my wireless that way I don't use cell bandwidth when I want to listen to it.

I'm guessing there's some fee as I notice none of the stations really put their shows on ITunes.

Also see you can't download the episodes from soundcloud either.

I did look at the Team 1260 and although they don't post on Itunes that I see there is an RSS feed you can subscribe too that easily let's you maintain and download their podcasts. That's pretty sweet.

Just starting to get into this podcast thing and it's definately not a push of the button thing as I thought when I found Oilers now in the Itunes library.
got a link to the RSS feed, i subscribed to one earlier but it stopped having current updates on it two weeks ago, kinda frustrating when you like to listen to the shows but cant tune in live. hey Guy, any insight to why this is happening, ?

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
  #34
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
got a link to the RSS feed, i subscribed to one earlier but it stopped having current updates on it two weeks ago, kinda frustrating when you like to listen to the shows but cant tune in live. hey Guy, any insight to why this is happening, ?
All I did was go to the website under podcasts on my phone. Then clicked on the show.
In that page there's a subscribe with RSS button that I pressed. Once pressed my phone jumped to the Ipod app and pretty much did all the rest.

http://www.theteam1260.com/podcasts.aspx

Hope that helps

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #35
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
got a link to the RSS feed, i subscribed to one earlier but it stopped having current updates on it two weeks ago, kinda frustrating when you like to listen to the shows but cant tune in live. hey Guy, any insight to why this is happening, ?
If you're referring to Stauffer's show stopping then yah I'm in the same boat.

The podcasts stopped showing up. Went to the website and looks there's some new sound cloud system but you can't download.. major bummer.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #36
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Just a note that The Pipeline Show is available for free on our own site www.thepipelineshow.com or the Team 1260 site or on Itunes as well.
Awesome thanks Guy.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:27 PM
  #37
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Tonight's IN STUDIO guests are three young guys just breaking in at the WHL level but all expected to be major players in the very near future.

Giorgio Estephan of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Sam Steel of the Regina Pats and Aaron Irving of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Got questions? tweet them at me @TPS_Guy. Show starts at 7pm but the IN STUDIO portion is the second hour.

For "hyster110", I'm assuming the trouble was when we switched to Season 9, that was two weeks ago as you described. If you are still having trouble, perhaps unsubscribe and resubscribe, see if that works? I'm not a tech guy in the least so if your computer melts down... sorry.

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 06:32 PM
  #38
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Tonight's IN STUDIO guests are three young guys just breaking in at the WHL level but all expected to be major players in the very near future.

Giorgio Estephan of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Sam Steel of the Regina Pats and Aaron Irving of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Got questions? tweet them at me @TPS_Guy. Show starts at 7pm but the IN STUDIO portion is the second hour.

For "hyster110", I'm assuming the trouble was when we switched to Season 9, that was two weeks ago as you described. If you are still having trouble, perhaps unsubscribe and resubscribe, see if that works? I'm not a tech guy in the least so if your computer melts down... sorry.
I just wanted to thank you for being one of the few radio guys that actually takes the time to give this board recent and relevant info on the prospects (in this particular medium).

Keep up the great work guy!


Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 07:06 PM
  #39
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,182
vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Tonight's IN STUDIO guests are three young guys just breaking in at the WHL level but all expected to be major players in the very near future.

Giorgio Estephan of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Sam Steel of the Regina Pats and Aaron Irving of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Got questions? tweet them at me @TPS_Guy. Show starts at 7pm but the IN STUDIO portion is the second hour.

For "hyster110", I'm assuming the trouble was when we switched to Season 9, that was two weeks ago as you described. If you are still having trouble, perhaps unsubscribe and resubscribe, see if that works? I'm not a tech guy in the least so if your computer melts down... sorry.

Fantastic lineup tonight. Great job!

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 12:01 AM
  #40
hyster110
Registered User
 
hyster110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Tonight's IN STUDIO guests are three young guys just breaking in at the WHL level but all expected to be major players in the very near future.

Giorgio Estephan of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Sam Steel of the Regina Pats and Aaron Irving of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Got questions? tweet them at me @TPS_Guy. Show starts at 7pm but the IN STUDIO portion is the second hour.

For "hyster110", I'm assuming the trouble was when we switched to Season 9, that was two weeks ago as you described. If you are still having trouble, perhaps unsubscribe and resubscribe, see if that works? I'm not a tech guy in the least so if your computer melts down... sorry.


mine was having trouble with the team 1260 podcast, where everything was in one stream, the link for each individual show is working

thanks guys

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:09 AM
  #41
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Nielson & Fraser have appeared on the air together rarely this summer. I'm usually a fan of both of them but today's show has me wishing at least one of them was still on vacation.

1. Fraser jumping the shark by accusing NHL owners of collusion for not signing RFA's this off-season. We correctly accuse the owners of being stupid when they throw cash and draft picks around like drunken sailors but when they don't they should be sued for collusion? Any ticket or merchandise-buying fan who agrees with Wil's take needs a brain transplant.

2. Dustin blabbing what happened on Amazing Race: Canada last night and then saying, "Spoiler alert!". Idiot!

3. N & F having a guy call in from Detroit with a Lions season preview- the third from 3 different 'experts' on 3 different local shows in two days. I like the previews but there are 32 teams to choose from.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:19 AM
  #42
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Nielson & Fraser have appeared on the air together rarely this summer. I'm usually a fan of both of them but today's show has me wishing at least one of them was still on vacation.

1. Fraser jumping the shark by accusing NHL owners of collusion for not signing RFA's this off-season. We correctly accuse the owners of being stupid when they throw cash and draft picks around like drunken sailors but when they don't they should be sued for collusion? Any ticket or merchandise-buying fan who agrees with Wil's take needs a brain transplant.

2. Dustin blabbing what happened on Amazing Race: Canada last night and then saying, "Spoiler alert!". Idiot!

3. N & F having a guy call in from Detroit with a Lions season preview- the third from 3 different 'experts' on 3 different local shows in two days. I like the previews but there are 32 teams to choose from.
Fraser used to annoy me but really I think he's just doing some devils advocate. And after realizing this I don't mind him so much. I've learned to appreciate what he does to bring some controversy to the show.

As for the content I just pity the poor ******** trying to bring up content during this month. August has to be the most boring month in sports. At least for me.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:33 AM
  #43
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Fraser used to annoy me but really I think he's just doing some devils advocate. And after realizing this I don't mind him so much. I've learned to appreciate what he does to bring some controversy to the show.

As for the content I just pity the poor ******** trying to bring up content during this month. August has to be the most boring month in sports. At least for me.
August wouldn't be if other sports were covered.

There is a lot going on in Baseball right now, Tennis has two Canadians playing well right now, there is the Theisen story at the Worlds. Then you can add NFL whether it be the new drug policy or pre-season which could be tied directly to the CFL if the stations wanted to.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM
  #44
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Nielson & Fraser have appeared on the air together rarely this summer. I'm usually a fan of both of them but today's show has me wishing at least one of them was still on vacation.

1. Fraser jumping the shark by accusing NHL owners of collusion for not signing RFA's this off-season. We correctly accuse the owners of being stupid when they throw cash and draft picks around like drunken sailors but when they don't they should be sued for collusion? Any ticket or merchandise-buying fan who agrees with Wil's take needs a brain transplant.

2. Dustin blabbing what happened on Amazing Race: Canada last night and then saying, "Spoiler alert!". Idiot!

3. N & F having a guy call in from Detroit with a Lions season preview- the third from 3 different 'experts' on 3 different local shows in two days. I like the previews but there are 32 teams to choose from.

They are doing every team on their morning show. Today was Detroit for em.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 09:11 PM
  #45
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
They are doing every team on their morning show. Today was Detroit for em.
Yeah, and quite frankly I've enjoyed it. I want to hear as much NFL talk as possible leading up to the season. I appreciate what they're doing trying to cover as much ground with the time they have, without getting bogged down in too many details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Fraser used to annoy me but really I think he's just doing some devils advocate. And after realizing this I don't mind him so much. I've learned to appreciate what he does to bring some controversy to the show
thats the worst part of it, he's not even being genuine, it just makes for irritable, annoying listening knowing he really doesn't have a valid, real opinion on much... his "stirring of the pot" is just him talking nonsense..


Last edited by Philly85: 08-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 09:13 PM
  #46
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,987
vCash: 500
....


Last edited by Philly85: 08-14-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: double p0ast
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 09:29 PM
  #47
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
They are doing every team on their morning show. Today was Detroit for em.
During the summer I get to listen a lot at various times of the day. On Tuesday, Strudwick (for Lowetide) and Graham (for Gregor) had different guys from Detroit talking about the Lions. This morning what team was being discussed? The Detroit Lions (by a 3rd Motown media member).

I enjoy the NFL previews but I don't think every show needs to do every team. It wouldn't take a lot of coordinating to cover each NFL club once. The podcasts (if working) take care of those who can't tune in when their team is being previewed.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
  #48
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Hey, at least it isn't Nielson and Chase. *shudder*

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 01:47 AM
  #49
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I just wanted to thank you for being one of the few radio guys that actually takes the time to give this board recent and relevant info on the prospects (in this particular medium).

Keep up the great work guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Fantastic lineup tonight. Great job!
Much appreciated. Changing it up a bit this weekend having two members of the Oil Kings support staff - head athletic therapist Brian Cheeseman (gold medal at the Ivan Hlinka last week) and head equipment manager Rogan Dean.

Should be some great stories and if you ever wondered what you need to do to possibly work the bench of a junior or pro team, these guys will be able to tell you.

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 01:50 AM
  #50
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,855
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Hey, at least it isn't Nielson and Chase. *shudder*
I like the morning show....they give me prizes.

__________________
The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.