HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers STH Town Hall Meeting (Monday Aug. 12th)

Old
08-14-2013, 04:42 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I think he should be on there so that Kimmo gets more rest.
I'd rather not. He and G are what make the PP go. And it's not like PP minutes are strenuous minutes anyway.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I think Couts is going to create more offense this year, even in a primarily shutdown role, whoever his linemates are, and Read will likely be one of them. Both of them have great instincts and patience. With Couts, it's just a matter of time. He'll be stronger and faster this year, which will make him more dangerous.

I hope Lavy mixes things up a lot in the preseason to see who has chemistry, as he said. In the top 9 we have lots of guys who can play C and wingers who can play either side, so there are options to mix and match.
On paper a 3rd line of Gagne-Couturier-Read could be a fantastic two-way line. That is, if you ignore Gagne's inability to finish and the health questions.

08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
If you want to read a more detailed account of the STH Town Hall Meeting this is worth a read! http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.ph...ownhall-recap/
Great read, thanks for the post.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
On paper a 3rd line of Gagne-Couturier-Read could be a fantastic two-way line. That is, if you ignore Gagne's inability to finish and the health.
It's not really certain that Gags is going to be on the team/in that top 9 yet, but that would be a checking line that could produce some offense too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 07:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Couturier is going to create offense simply based on his percentages rebounding. Then, there's the other reasons. He isn't shooting 5.3% again

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Couturier is going to create offense simply based on his percentages rebounding. Then, there's the other reasons. He isn't shooting 5.3% again
I think much of that was the low quality of his teammates. Other teams knew to focus on him because his comrades weren't as much of a threat, keeping him to the outside. He also often kept himself out from the net when he would let his linemates get deep before he would dump the puck to let them grind it out since that was what they were good for. If he had decent linemates I think it would have made a large difference.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think much of that was the low quality of his teammates. Other teams knew to focus on him because his comrades weren't as much of a threat, keeping him to the outside. He also often kept himself out from the net when he would let his linemates get deep before he would dump the puck to let them grind it out since that was what they were good for. If he had decent linemates I think it would have made a large difference.
Even if (Couturier was 5th among Flyers forwards in QoT), he's too good to shoot that bad, and he didn't really shoot that well in his rookie year either.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote