HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Logo Kissing Edition

Old
08-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Teamwork

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Some Russian kid named Nikita Zagryadskiy, played 3 games in 2012-13 with Moose Jaw.
According to my sources, after three games the Moose Jaw announcer ordered the coach to kick him out of the team.

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Milhouse40

Couple of things about Galchy i really liked last year.

1- His ability to switch from center to the wing. Not many of our centers can do that and still be effective offensively.

2- Center for 10-11 games in the beginning of the year. Got sheltered minutes, but did the job with 7 pts and a +6 and with questionnable wingers at that time. That was impressive...but then, those sheltered minutes went back to DD's line who was struggling against tougher opposition and they move Eller back to center to face this tougher opposition.

Although Galchy was skipping a couple of shifts here and there, he still was comfortable against this tougher opposition and still effective as a winger. For a 18yo, totally amazing!

3 - After Eller's hit in the PO, what a reaction from him. Didn't think twice and face 6'4", 25yo Gryba. That's team player and character....many skilled players don't answer back but he did at 19.

He's a got a tremendous shot, we've already seen that this year...will get better
His hockey vision and playmaking abilities are already right up there.
He's not afraid to crash the net and play in the slot, many goals like this year.

Before even thinking about what kind of production he can put up in the future. I wanna see him play in his chair. Which is at center, with sheltered minutes, with two offensive winger and 100% on the PP and decent TOI.

Milhouse40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
S Bah

Nothing really chokes me up very often......except when these Hockey know -it-alls try to slam our man A.Gally, with this crap about being the #1 Up-and-Coming Player Set to Blossom. Like he's some kind of Flower Child, A. Gally is far from being a godd... Shrinking Violet so why don't they go hang that Title on Seguin or Yakupov. I notice that the Oilers boyz managed to avoid getting that kind of bad press.

Well there is always a good side to everything and I'm sure a few teams around the NHL will realize that the Habs don't have pansies playing for them. The Gally's will make sure they understand that isn't the way to treat their team or anyone involved with the team, this season or any season for that matter.

Nice to see that Bergevin knows real talent and heart and soul players, this season teams won't be able to get away with cheap shots as they have in the past. Cheers to all our Habs, hip hip hoorah!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
I see galchenyuk becoming a 85-95 points player but sadly I don't think he will ever hit 100 points. Just a gut fealling that's all. Hopefully he can become a decent faceoff guy we all know how faceoffs are important even in the offensive zone. Starting with the puck in the offensive zone would definitely bring he's point total up.
85-95? There's nothing sad about that. I'll take that in a heartbeat

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Obviously, we all would right now.

But in three years, you will eat your words and you would feel bad.
No I won't. Fist of all, its a strange comparison. Toews is more of the mould of Steve yzerman. He can be trusted in any situation be it offensive, defensive, shorthanded, pp, big faceoffs, sacrificing the body etc... He's just good or great at every aspect of the game

I think galchenyuk is more of a Malkin type. Offensively gifted and powerful skater. How close he comes to Malkin from a production standpoint remains to be seen (differences in supporting cast granted)

I would take both on my team, but I value the toews mould more.

Old
08-14-2013, 07:01 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Nothing really chokes me up very often......except when these Hockey know -it-alls try to slam our man A.Gally, with this crap about being the #1 Up-and-Coming Player Set to Blossom. Like he's some kind of Flower Child, A. Gally is far from being a godd... Shrinking Violet so why don't they go hang that Title on Seguin or Yakupov. I notice that the Oilers boyz managed to avoid getting that kind of bad press.

Well there is always a good side to everything and I'm sure a few teams around the NHL will realize that the Habs don't have pansies playing for them. The Gally's will make sure they understand that isn't the way to treat their team or anyone involved with the team, this season or any season for that matter.

Nice to see that Bergevin knows real talent and heart and soul players, this season teams won't be able to get away with cheap shots as they have in the past. Cheers to all our Habs, hip hip hoorah!
ok what the **** are you talking about?

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 05:40 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
ok what the **** are you talking about?
I read an article from the Bleacher Report about Top Ten Prospects that are ready to Blossom in the NHL. Alex Galchenyuk was #1 on their list, the Habs are changing into a team with speed and grit, A. Gally is one of those players.

Old
08-15-2013, 12:57 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
I read an article from the Bleacher Report about Top Ten Prospects that are ready to Blossom in the NHL. Alex Galchenyuk was #1 on their list, the Habs are changing into a team with speed and grit, A. Gally is one of those players.
But your first paragraph seemed negative

Old
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
But your first paragraph seemed negative
Out of the ten players they expect to blossom the only one that was a 1st round pick was Galchenyuk, kind of like unknown players is the way I picked it up. they just seemed to be slamming A.Gally.

Old
08-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Treb

Quote:
Out of the ten players they expect to blossom the only one that was a 1st round pick was Galchenyuk, kind of like unknown players is the way I picked it up. they just seemed to be slamming A.Gally.
10. Adam Larsson 4th overall

8. Jason Zucker 59th overall

6. Emerson Etem 29th overall

5. Beau Bennet 20th overall

2. Jacob Markstrom 35 overall

1. Chuckie 3rd overall

so 4 out of 10 are 1st round, 6 out of 10 are top 60. The main reason there aren't more top-5 overall picks is either because they aren't in the NHL yet (Ryan Murray, Rielly etc.) or are already established (Yakupov, Hall, Seguin). Chuckie is only on this list because he wasn't given the same prime minutes as the others top-5 picks. The authors do say that ''An improvement to 20 goals and 60 points would be a nice step forward for this player who, down the road, has star potential.''

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
You make it sound as if he's unable to crack the 100 point-mark. In 2008, Datsyuk had 97 points in 82 games, 23 points in 22 playoff games, on his way to winning the Stanley Cup, the Selke and the Lady Byng award. Players who are that dominant both offensively and defensively (while playing a clean game) rarely come around. And yes, I do consider him a very unique generational talent.
Howe....Orr....Gretzky....Lemieux....Crosby....Dat syuk?

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 05:57 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Howe....Orr....Gretzky....Lemieux....Crosby....Dat syuk?
dont forget pietranegelo.. ask the main board

Old
08-17-2013, 08:06 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Do you know many Centers that were drafted Top-3 that were asked to play Wing for a couple of season before being given the opportunity to play Center?
no one

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 08:47 PM
LeHaboholique

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
no one
Tyler Seguin, even though he will only be getting that chance in Dallas.

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Tyson

Galchenyuk is the most talented prospect we have had in decades. He will be playing center this season.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 11:08 AM
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
No I won't. Fist of all, its a strange comparison. Toews is more of the mould of Steve yzerman. He can be trusted in any situation be it offensive, defensive, shorthanded, pp, big faceoffs, sacrificing the body etc... He's just good or great at every aspect of the game

I think galchenyuk is more of a Malkin type. Offensively gifted and powerful skater. How close he comes to Malkin from a production standpoint remains to be seen (differences in supporting cast granted)

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like Malkin on the ice, mind you Malkin is bigger and talent level is elite, it remains to b seen if Chuckie can attain such a level...but I like his chances

jaffy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 01:22 PM
capebretoncanadien

I don't get the Toews comparison at all.

He's got way more dangles than Toews.

Comparison falls apart for me there.

Also Chuckie is good at getting back but sometimes looks a bit lost in the defensive end IMO.

That'll come along with time but it's wishful thinking to see him being as good as Toews on the defensive side.

I'm excited to see some nice snipes from him this year....that goal in the playoffs was what I was waiting to see all year. Lethal shot.

capebretoncanadien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
I don't get the Toews comparison at all.

He's got way more dangles than Toews.

Comparison falls apart for me there.

Also Chuckie is good at getting back but sometimes looks a bit lost in the defensive end IMO.

That'll come along with time but it's wishful thinking to see him being as good as Toews on the defensive side.

I'm excited to see some nice snipes from him this year....that goal in the playoffs was what I was waiting to see all year. Lethal shot.
He can dangle, but he prefers to play a much more direct and simplified game. You used to see it more from toews as a rookie. But I agree that the comparison is strange.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

Your comparison is way off here. Toews is and always will be a better skater than Galchenyuk. It is not a weakness in his game but it really isn't a strength either. Malkin is much bigger, stronger and faster than Galchenyuk, it truly is a terrible comparison. Malkin was also a very lazy player who had to be beaten into shape whereas Galchenyuk is all business right from the get-go.

He definitely reminds me much more of Toews than Malkin but I would compare his style to more of a hybrid between Hossa and Toews. He's a Toessa

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 06:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Your comparison is way off here. Toews is and always will be a better skater than Galchenyuk. It is not a weakness in his game but it really isn't a strength either. Malkin is much bigger, stronger and faster than Galchenyuk, it truly is a terrible comparison. Malkin was also a very lazy player who had to be beaten into shape whereas Galchenyuk is all business right from the get-go.

He definitely reminds me much more of Toews than Malkin but I would compare his style to more of a hybrid between Hossa and Toews. He's a Toessa
That's the comparison I generally make as well. But his backhand screams Datsyuk

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Draft

I expect an Anze Kopitar level of production and impact, I would consider his style of play to be similar to Malkin's and, oddly enough, he looks a little bit like Rick Nash to me when he plays on the wing. When I watched him play in junior, I felt he had a similar style to a younger Peter Forsberg. He's going to change a little bit every year until he finds what works for him. He'll get more confident in his abilities but, he'll also be taught to simplify his game. Who knows what to expect?

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Galchenyuk is still very young and just came off a crazy knee injury. He has tons of time to become a better skater.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 09:16 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Browsing a bunch of highlight videos of some of the best NHL players I noted a few things.

Firstly, no one had hands like Kovalev. Datsyuk and Kane as good as they are just don't wow the way Kovalev did. And neither made it look so effortless. He was truly insane. Such a shame he couldn't have been more consistent.

Secondly, I think Galchenyuk is as skilled as anyone. The release on his wrister might be his most standout attribute. I swear I've never seen most of his goals, hahaha.

Play-making is also off the charts. Crazy how he sees the game. I don't think there's too many players who have such a deadly combination of both.

And for all the talk about his skating, he has an amazing ability to slow down, change direction at a second's notice. Incredibly shifty. I don't know what the best term is for this ability to be able to kind of be like the queen on a chessboard, to be able to go in all directions so well.

When I looked at Malkin's pre-draft highlights, it seemed like every other goal he was putting the puck between some D man's legs. Even with that I still think Galchenyuk's a more impressive stick handler.

I can understand why people want to be 'conservative' ( if a mix of Hossa and Toews can be considered conservative, hahaha) in their estimates of his potential but his mix of tools are as good as anyone's.

I think he can be perenially(?) in the mix for a Hart nominee.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Always thought galchenyuk was our own "hossa" , hossa's a HELL of a player.. always enjoyed watching him, no matter what team, no matter what drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post

Secondly, I think Galchenyuk is as skilled as anyone. The release on his wrister might be his most standout attribute. I swear I've never seen most of his goals, hahaha.

Play-making is also off the charts. Crazy how he sees the game. I don't think there's too many players who have such a deadly combination of both.

And for all the talk about his skating, he has an amazing ability to slow down, change direction at a second's notice. Incredibly shifty. I don't know what the best term is for this ability to be able to kind of be like the queen on a chessboard, to be able to go in all directions so well.
thats pretty interesting, its a term in itself, maybe you just coined it, its true, its crazy to think he has a lazer beam of a shot AS WELL as smart offensive creativity,the ability to pass, i already think hes the best passer on our team (because of just how hard he passes it, just lazers it to people tape to tape), he truly is an incredible talent and its great that we can say he's apart of our team, maybe not the fastest guy out there, but dare i say one of the smartest offensively at all times

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I think he can be perenially(?) in the mix for a Hart nominee.
Like Toews is

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote