HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread, Part II: Yanks pay Ellsbury

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2013, 08:45 PM
  #126
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,694
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Just makes it more likely that suspension is reduced to 50 games.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 08:51 PM
  #127
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Nova with another strong start. 7 1/3IP 3 ER 6K 0BB

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
08-15-2013, 12:00 AM
  #128
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Offense? What is this?

Against Weaver too.

Edit: Soriano is God.

Yankees own Weaver. 5+ career ERA against Yanks.

darko is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 11:22 PM
  #129
NYRangers723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Wheeler with 12 K's tonight. He didnt even have a great night and he still had 12 Ks. Unfortuunetly the offense was brutal. We miss wright and flores. For the love of God call uop D'arnaud im sick of waitinf for Mrs Buck to have her damn baby

NYRangers723 is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 11:28 PM
  #130
MugatuNYR
so hot right now
 
MugatuNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
Also Lagares with his 10th outfield assist.

MugatuNYR is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 02:01 AM
  #131
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Montero tonight: 7IP 0R 8K 4H 0BB
Montero's last four starts: 28IP 4R 28K 16H 5BB

Keep in mind he's doing this in the PCL, where the ball flies out of every park.

Zil is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 02:03 AM
  #132
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Just what the Yankees need, another power hitter that swings for the fences, doesn't hit for average, and strikes out a lot. May I present to you, Mark Reynolds!

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:22 AM
  #133
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Oh A-Rat.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:29 AM
  #134
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
This A-Rod stuff is tantamount to the 98-04 Rangers. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:30 AM
  #135
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This A-Rod stuff is tantamount to the 98-04 Rangers. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does.
Ha. What a rat ******* that guy is.

St.Louis, crack, and hookers are next.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:31 AM
  #136
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Just what the Yankees need, another power hitter that swings for the fences, doesn't hit for average, and strikes out a lot. May I present to you, Mark Reynolds!
Hey, Im all for manufacturing runs and keeping the line moving. That hasnt exactly worked out so well.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 08:56 AM
  #137
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ha. What a rat ******* that guy is.

St.Louis, crack, and hookers are next.
That or punching out a mascot.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 09:10 AM
  #138
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That or punching out a mascot.
It'll end up being all at the same time.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  #139
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
wait I'm confused though, why would he rat everyone out since he's on the list as well???

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
08-16-2013, 11:03 AM
  #140
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
wait I'm confused though, why would he rat everyone out since he's on the list as well???
To be able to say, "I'm being treated unfairly, look what Player X got."

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 11:09 AM
  #141
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
The funny thing is, in doing this he's actually given MLB more ammo to suspend him beyond 50 games. He is SUCH an idiot. Can't wait to have him off the Yankees.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
  #142
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The funny thing is, in doing this he's actually given MLB more ammo to suspend him beyond 50 games. He is SUCH an idiot. Can't wait to have him off the Yankees.
I'm not sure it does. So far, every move he's made has been with one purpose: to do what's best for A-Rod. He had more to lose taking the suspension than he does to appeal it. And he gets to play and get payed while this drags out. What does throwing other under the bus have to do with what he could be penalized for?

It might make things more difficult for him in the locker room, but since when has ever cared about something like that?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
  #143
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
He is...so... bad for the team

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 11:50 AM
  #144
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm not sure it does. So far, every move he's made has been with one purpose: to do what's best for A-Rod. He had more to lose taking the suspension than he does to appeal it. And he gets to play and get payed while this drags out. What does throwing other under the bus have to do with what he could be penalized for?

It might make things more difficult for him in the locker room, but since when has ever cared about something like that?
Based on what I read, there's a confidentiality clause in the CBA that he's now broken - and furthermore the facts of how he allegedly leaked the names support the league's case of interfering in its investigation.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  #145
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Based on what I read, there's a confidentiality clause in the CBA that he's now broken - and furthermore the facts of how he allegedly leaked the names support the league's case of interfering in its investigation.
A-Rod's representatives/camp/people/inner circle ≠ A-Rod. HE didn't say anything.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 05:35 PM
  #146
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Yeah, I'm not sure I buy this story now.. it says Arod's camp not he himself.. I can see his camp doing it to use it as ammunition to appeal the suspension etc.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
08-16-2013, 05:47 PM
  #147
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Alex Rodriguez is in the news all the time about something and today is no different. Currently fighting a 211-game suspension, he has reportedly been telling teammate Robinson Cano that he should test the free agent market and sign with another team in the offseason. Cano is on the verge of free agency and could either sign an extension with the Yankees or see a deal nearing $200 million on the open market.
http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/...ee-agency-2014

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
08-16-2013, 06:23 PM
  #148
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
A-Rod's representatives/camp/people/inner circle ≠ A-Rod. HE didn't say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure I buy this story now.. it says Arod's camp not he himself.. I can see his camp doing it to use it as ammunition to appeal the suspension etc.
1) "Inner circle" frequently is a convenient cover for the player himself.

2) If it actually is "an associate" (what the hell is an associate for a player, btw? He doesn't work for a law firm), and that person is found to have done ANYthing remotely criminal... how long before he flips on ARod?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 06:26 PM
  #149
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
1) "Inner circle" frequently is a convenient cover for the player himself.
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
12) If it actually is "an associate" (what the hell is an associate for a player, btw? He doesn't work for a law firm), and that person is found to have done ANYthing remotely criminal... how long before he flips on ARod?
What criminal activity? My point is if someone acted as a buffer for Arod, than Arod hasn't violated the CBA with this information getting out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
  #150
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
R u kidding me right now Soriano?

2-2 again so far with an RBI single and a 3 run HR

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.