HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-TBL

Old
08-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tor-TBL

Toronto has a surplus of d man and tampa needs a few solid ones, would a trade like this work?

To
Tampa
Liles
Fraser
2nd 2014

Tor
Aulie
malone

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:16 PM
WilliamNylander
Randy is toast

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Toronto has a surplus of d man and tampa needs a few solid ones, would a trade like this work?

To
Tampa
Liles
Fraser
1st 2014 (top ten protected) had to put it in lol

Tor
Aulie
malone
No from Toronto... Why would we give up our first for Aulie back? We also have no spot for Malone... Poorly thought out proposal that doesn't fit our needs

WilliamNylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

The Lightning would be ecstatic to receive a 1st round pick for a mediocre defenseman in Aulie and a cap dump in Malone. The Leafs would be stupid to even consider this.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
No from Toronto... Why would we give up our first for Aulie back? We also have no spot for Malone... Poorly thought out proposal that doesn't fit our needs
malone would play with bolland and kuley and aulie has a much higher ceiling then fraser does, that first would be in the early to mid twenties.

Old
08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
The Lightning would be ecstatic to receive a 1st round pick for a mediocre defenseman in Aulie and a cap dump in Malone. The Leafs would be stupid to even consider this.
I changed it to a second it's just you get told by every other fanbase your low balling them it starts to effect your proposals slightly.

Old
08-15-2013, 12:22 PM
WilliamNylander
Randy is toast

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
malone would play with bolland and kuley and aulie has a much higher ceiling then fraser does, that first would be in the early to mid twenties.
We can't afford malones cap on the third line...

We either play Colborne or Mcclement there and the other one plays the 4th line. I like Aulie but our D is too crowded and we only really need a top pairing RHD, not a bottom 2.

WilliamNylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Vermin
ainec

No real interest for this deal with Liles in it. He has only negative value, Fraser would basically just take Aulie's spot and I'd rather just trade Malone for Klesla than a 2nd.

Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:43 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Do you remember aulie? I was glad when we traded him. We have enough dmen with less than optimal hockey iq

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Can't see either teams doing this.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Canadian Canuck
Steady Eddie

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Can't see either teams doing this.
Are u crazy......

Tampa does this in an instant!!!!!

Malone is a cap dump and waste of money and Aulie is no more than a 3rd pairing Dman. Toronto wouldn't even trade a 1st for that let alone Fraser ( and Liles)

Last edited by Canadian Canuck: 08-15-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:14 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
Are u crazy......

Tampa does this in an instant!!!!!

Malone is a cap dump and waste of money and Aulie is no more than a 3rd pairing Dman. Toronto wouldn't even trade a 1st for that let alone Fraser ( and Liles)
Tampa fan DONE

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Ace88*

Jesus christ man. Why do all these non leaf fans think Liles has negative value? The guy is still fully capable of playing meaningful minutes as a 4-5 dman. His contract isn't bad at $3.8. Classic case of everyone going, "oh well i see Leaf fans are putting player X in a lot of proposals, must means he sucks and has negative value." Drives me nuts, especially since most of the geniuses commenting haven't even watched him play in the last two years aside from maybe a couple times when we played their team.

As for the proposal, no. Bad. Bad bad. We downgrade our defense for an overpaid forward we have zero use for.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Jesus christ man. Why do all these non leaf fans think Liles has negative value? The guy is still fully capable of playing meaningful minutes as a 4-5 dman. His contract isn't bad at $3.8. Classic case of everyone going, "oh well i see Leaf fans are putting player X in a lot of proposals, must means he sucks and has negative value." Drives me nuts, especially since most of the geniuses commenting haven't even watched him play in the last two years aside from maybe a couple times when we played their team.

As for the proposal, no. Bad. Bad bad. We downgrade our defense for an overpaid forward we have zero use for.
You answered your own question.

The more a Leafs player is mentioned on the trade board the less value he has.

The other reason is that fans around the league hate Toronto so much that they despise the idea of (helping) T.O with it's cap problems. They basically enjoy seeing Toronto "suffer".

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 05:31 PM
AuraSphere

What the hell, no way from toronto... we don't need malone's huge cap hit and why would we want Aulie back, he's a left handed dman, sure he's big and all, but not needed, it's why we traded him for Ashton. Would definetly not do this

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 05:58 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
The second is the most valuable piece in the deal so I guess I would do it for that even though I'd like to keep Aulie and don't want Liles or Fraser.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Why would Toronto do this fro a player they already had and dumped?

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Atomos2
Attitude problems

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedman77 View Post
No real interest for this deal with Liles in it. He has only negative value, Fraser would basically just take Aulie's spot and I'd rather just trade Malone for Klesla than a 2nd.
Lupul also had negative value when we got him.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killorn View Post
The second is the most valuable piece in the deal so I guess I would do it for that even though I'd like to keep Aulie and don't want Liles or Fraser.
Our 2nd round picks since Yzerman took over.

Nikita Kucherov
Brian Hart
Dylan Blujus
Adam Erne

Yzerman is making me start to value second round picks a lot higher than I used too.....I don't know if that is a good thing, bad or both.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 09:06 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:

THIS!

like just the other day i had an oiler fan saying franson has little value because apparently no team shows interest in him and that apparently no team wants him. It was quite obvious that he was saying that because he's seen him in a few proposals lately.

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Vermin
ainec

Quote:
Well, at least for Tampa he has negative value. He's a decent defender but you don't want to have a bottom pairing defender who has cap hit of almost 4 million for the next three years. We already have couple of prospects who look like they're ready to step in the NHL (Gudas, Korobov, Barberio) and have no interest to take a PMD who isn't very good defensively, especially when we already have Carle, Hedman, Salo and Barberio who are the four defenders who are most likely going to play in the PP. There are cheaper and better options in our organization than Liles. We don't need want another #5 guy nor do we need defensive depth, we need a top pairing d-man to play with Hedman.

Old
08-16-2013, 08:01 AM
thatsclassy

I like how a lot if leaf fans are saying they don't want Malone's cap but look at clarksons cap and Malone puts up better numbers then him what a **** deal they gave clarkson for a guy who only put up more then. 40 points once don't get me wrong I like clarkson but **** deal they gave him

thatsclassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 10:31 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsclassy View Post
I like how a lot if leaf fans are saying they don't want Malone's cap but look at clarksons cap and Malone puts up better numbers then him what a **** deal they gave clarkson for a guy who only put up more then. 40 points once don't get me wrong I like clarkson but **** deal they gave him
Dont want malone, but i agree (so do many other leaf fans) that clarkson is vastly overpaid

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 10:54 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Dont want malone, but i agree (so do many other leaf fans) that clarkson is vastly overpaid
Disgustingly so. Looks like the "lulz Leafs fans r so dum look at Clarcksons deal lol" posts have already started, like we the fans are responsible for that thing.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Vermin
ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsclassy View Post
That doesn't make any sense. The Leafs have already one overpaid winger in Clarkson, why would they want another one in Malone?