HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Islanders

Old
08-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Pulock was born in Oct 1994 which means he only has 1 year left of junior eligibility unless they send him back as an overager. I figure 1 more year in junior 1-2 years in the AHL at most before he puts on an Islanders jersey(which makes him 2-3 years out)
The real question is: How effective would he be in 2-3 years? Making it to the NHL and being an effective player at that level often have very different timeframes.

08-15-2013, 10:38 PM
HeavyHitter99

vCash: 500
Whole lot of people not knowing anything about Petry. Obviously he's not worth Hamonic but saying scraps and spare parts makes people look foolish

HeavyHitter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 01:59 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Whole lot of people not knowing anything about Petry. Obviously he's not worth Hamonic but saying scraps and spare parts makes people look foolish
As foolish as fans, told the Isles think 23 yr old Hamonic is developing into a stud, refusing to grasp the NYI would want 1 young star back, not 2-3 lesser pieces?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 12:34 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The real question is: How effective would he be in 2-3 years? Making it to the NHL and being an effective player at that level often have very different timeframes.
I think quite. He's pretty underrated by most scouts imo. Let him come in on the bottom pair, and give him some PP time, and he'll thrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW View Post
I didn't read all of this thread, but I think I got the idea. You guys are fighting two different battles for 5 pages:

Islander fans: We like Hamonic and can think of no reason to trade him. He's young on a great contract, has played great, very hard to replace, an emerging leader, and the Isles are moving forward and don't really need to replace players for pics and prospects anymore.

Oiler fans: That's great, but don't act like your guys are all amazing and ours are dog**** just because you don't want to trade your guy.

Did I get this right?
Sums it up perfectly.

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote