HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III: "Hemsky Off The Market" - MacT Presser

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2013, 01:42 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
man you wanna talk about an ugly divorce... alfie, JP Barry and the Sens
Wait til tomorrow. Something is up with Melnyk.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
man you wanna talk about an ugly divorce... alfie, JP Barry and the Sens
Truth be told this is good for Murray and Melnyk, just making themselves look like fools.

Murray should've never came out and told us all the crap that was going on behind scenes in the first place, but that's not his style and was trying to save face with the fans. Alfie comes out and has a normal talk to say goodbye and Murray/Melnyk have to come out with comments as quick as they can. I don't care who is right and who is wrong, but the Sens have dealt like this horribly wrong.

Unless I missed a story where Alfie banged every wife on the team, why would they continue to try drag their former loyal leader down? How does fellow countryman/Norris Winner Erik Karlsson view this? Or longtime teammate from day one Jason Spezza?

Like they are some sort of Oiler fans trying to get rid of Smyth or something

Old
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
This is more realistic, the way I see Klefbom is a guy who will put up anywhere from 15-30 points and be solid defensive dman. He may be considered our best d man but I think most will put Schultz ahead of him due to the offensive production.

Shogun the likely hood of Klefbom, Schultz, Nurse, Petry all still being with the organization in 4 years is not very likely. I wouldn't be surprised of two of those guys move on by then.
Why unlikely? 2RD and 2LD. Smid and Ference will all be UFA by that point.

Is it that unfathomable?

Old
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
awesomo
HARD!

im just surprised all this is coming out... i thought only the oilers did stuff like this

Old
08-16-2013, 02:13 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
im just surprised all this is coming out... i thought only the oilers did stuff like this
Outside of Alfie, it was the perfect storm. Especially considering Barry has already ****ed them over in their minds.

I don't really get agent-player-management relationships to be honest. Murray is saying Barry would've get back to them, that they were suppose to get back then he comes out and says Alfie never got the offer. Could Murray, not just phone Alfie and ask him what he's thinking? I mean chicks do it all the time, so why couldn't a man ask another man what he is thinking once in awhile?

Old
08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
They aren't going to trade away a 1st round pick from 2 years ago for Fedun. They can get guys like Fedun off waivers.

Heck the Oilers are probably going to be sending someone that can play a #6 role in Chicago on waivers this year.

Actually I don't see them wanting Fedun at all. They have Brookbank, Peckham and Kotska as 7, 8 and 9 d-man this year.

Add a few younger guys in Clending, Stanton and Lalonde and I don't see Fedun to CHI making any sense.
First of all, MacNeill's stock has fallen. Second, I think you are underrating Fedun. He's certainly better than Peckham and Kostka, and likely will be better than Brookbank as well. I also never said Fedun for MacNeil straight across, there would be a significant piece added.

Old
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
First of all, MacNeill's stock has fallen. Second, I think you are underrating Fedun. He's certainly better than Peckham and Kostka, and likely will be better than Brookbank as well. I also never said Fedun for MacNeil straight across, there would be a significant piece added.
Go propose that on the main board and see what happens. Why has McNeil's stock dropped that much? And the point isn't whether Fedun is better or not the point is they have no need for him. They have players that they went out and signed.

Old
08-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

MacNeil MacNeill McNeil

It's McNeill.

Old
08-16-2013, 03:31 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
MacNeil MacNeill McNeil

It's McNeill.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1483485

value of thread from main board

Old
08-16-2013, 03:59 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Go propose that on the main board and see what happens. Why has McNeil's stock dropped that much? And the point isn't whether Fedun is better or not the point is they have no need for him. They have players that they went out and signed.
Because the main board is the best place to see anything productive discussed.

Old
08-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Asher

It's disappointing to see how much McNeill's game has fallen off since being drafted. I remember really hoping the Oilers might have a shot at drafting him or Klefbom at #19. I can't recall which one I wanted more... might have been McNeill. If he could be gotten cheaply in a trade I still wouldn't mind taking a shot at McNeill.

Old
08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Because the main board is the best place to see anything productive discussed.
How would you know, you are fairly new around here.

Old
08-16-2013, 04:29 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
It's disappointing to see how much McNeill's game has fallen off since being drafted. I remember really hoping the Oilers might have a shot at drafting him or Klefbom at #19. I can't recall which one I wanted more... might have been McNeill. If he could be gotten cheaply in a trade I still wouldn't mind taking a shot at McNeill.
Ya, I was so disappointed we didn't land him or Oleksiak... Now I'm thrilled. He'd definitely be worth it if we can get him for the right price. His upside definitely isn't the same anymore, but he could be a good fit in the bottom 6

Old
08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Why unlikely? 2RD and 2LD. Smid and Ference will all be UFA by that point.

Is it that unfathomable?
If they're as good as people are expecting then we won't be ale to afford the 4. Besides that I could see us moving Petry or nurse for an upgrade just my opinion.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Wait til tomorrow. Something is up with Melnyk.
The Senators have lost approximately 94 million under Melnyk's ownership.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:42 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
If they're as good as people are expecting then we won't be ale to afford the 4. Besides that I could see us moving Petry or nurse for an upgrade just my opinion.
If they all hit their peak, sure. But then we'd have 4 top pairing dmen on our hands, and I doubt that happens

Old
08-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Crazy that people use this logic. How is having 4 top pairing dmen ever a bad thing? If you can't afford 1 you trade him. Why would you prefer some to be mediocre and affordable?

Old
08-16-2013, 09:57 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'd actually be kinda pissed if I was ROR or Duchene. Colorado tries to pay them as little as possible despite their success, and then hand Landeskog a massive contract based on one good season
Ryan could try to get pissed but the Avs could remind him that over his first two seasons Ryan put up even less points than Landy did with the concussed and lockout shortened second season, and that Landy was the better player during each of their best seasons. Landy is our captain and alongside the Duchene extension they have set a spending structure so that if Staz and Ryan want to stay they'll get around 5.5 per over term, but they can't get much more than that as neither is worth more than Duchene, and Staz would need to go back PPG Staz to be worth more than Landy.

This extension buys out 3 of Landy's uFa years so the rfa argument is kinda hollow as well.

And on top of Staz and radar the Avs have Varlamov, Barrie, Downie, McGinn and Elliott with only a year left so getting as many extensions done as we can this summer would be awesome, and starting with our star and then our captain is tough to argue with.

Old
08-16-2013, 10:09 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
I think Mackinnon was the right choice, 3 teams did pass on Jones even though it would have made the most sense for Colorado to draft him.
And we did spend almost every other pick on defensemen, including Bigras who many had a first round trade on, some even a top 20-grade, to join Elliott and Siemens in our prospect pool behind EJ and Barrie.

Avs D is still a big question mark, but there's a lot of promise there and everything would look a lot better if EJ, Hejda and Barrie weren't our only top 4 caliber defensemen.

This figures to be a very informative year for the Avs, both on how the forwards respond with Patrick replacing Sacco and with how our kids do on D. Siemens and Elliott should start the year on Lake Erie's first pairing but both could earn call ups when injuries hit.

Old
08-17-2013, 02:27 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
And like clockwork the sheep on the HF forums in "Trades and Free Agent Talk" are praising this deal.

Just watch when we re-sign Nugent-Hopkins. The reaction will be on the opposite end of the spectrum and unanimous.
There's an old saying in Denver about Boulder, Colorado.. They call it the city surrounded by reality. It's grown to include Denver these days. By far the one fan base that in one sentence compares their players to the Crosby, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg's and in the next sentence rips the Oilers for signing Eberle and Hall because they're not 100 pt players and make $6 million. They've taken the overrated prospect angle to a whole new level. They're in for one hell of a surprise when they actually see guys like Siemens, Elliott, etc, not become Nick Lidstrom. They've convinced themselves that Stastny is a great defender to justify is horrible pay/production ratio. Ask anyone of them what he does defensively that makes him such a great defensive C... They'll talk about his FO percentage. They wont even try to come up with another example. So in the Avs logic book, if you're a great face off guy, a selke isn't far behind.

Old
08-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
We should try and get Mark McNeill out of CHI..

Local kid who is deep down the list of prospects for CHI.

As per a poll on CHI board, only 1 Dman cracked the top 10 prospect list for them with McNeill being ranked #9.

Give them a Musil, Gernat or Fedun and grab this kid.
I'd make that trade and probably add a little. While I'm thinking that he'll eventually end up as a 3C, that works for me. McNeill and Ewanyk as our bottom 6 centers would work for me in 3 years time.

08-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Ryan could try to get pissed but the Avs could remind him that over his first two seasons Ryan put up even less points than Landy did with the concussed and lockout shortened second season, and that Landy was the better player during each of their best seasons. Landy is our captain and alongside the Duchene extension they have set a spending structure so that if Staz and Ryan want to stay they'll get around 5.5 per over term, but they can't get much more than that as neither is worth more than Duchene, and Staz would need to go back PPG Staz to be worth more than Landy.

This extension buys out 3 of Landy's uFa years so the rfa argument is kinda hollow as well.

And on top of Staz and radar the Avs have Varlamov, Barrie, Downie, McGinn and Elliott with only a year left so getting as many extensions done as we can this summer would be awesome, and starting with our star and then our captain is tough to argue with.
And Im sure ROR will quite bluntly remind the Avs what his qualifying offer is...

Old
08-17-2013, 07:36 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
And Im sure ROR will quite bluntly remind the Avs what his qualifying offer is...
And the team will then take him to arbitration next summer and he'll sign for the same 5.5 the Avs where offering him with the security of a longer term. *shrug*

Old
08-17-2013, 09:29 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Senators have lost approximately 94 million under Melnyk's ownership.
Interesting accounting is my guess, although I remember a few years back maybe even longer that one of their issues was front loaded contracts.

Old
08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
And the team will then take him to arbitration next summer and he'll sign for the same 5.5 the Avs where offering him with the security of a longer term. *shrug*
I think the team has to qualify him in order to go to arbitration

Closed Thread