HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Chemistry (An AymanD SERIOUS thread)

Old
11-08-2006, 10:09 AM
AD

vCash: 500
Team Chemistry (An AymanD SERIOUS thread)

This is serious guys, seriously... this isn't an OT thread.

I was at the game y'day. (section 107 ff).

Holy crap I was close to the action. Anyways I noticed a couple things that made me very happy.

1) Every time Abby made a nice save, Komisarek or Koivu would go up to him and say, nice save. Even after a nice glove save he made on a shot that came after a late off-side, Koivu came up to him and said: "This shot didn't count, but that was a great save".

2) Latendresse was kidding around with guys all game. He and Downey joked around often. And then at the end of the game, Perezhogin was ribbing him about his missed shootout opportunity and Latendresse put his hand on P-ziggy's head and started making fun of him, and they both were cracking up.

3) Kovalev and Samsonov have an incredible understanding of eachothers games. They continuously know where the other is. All their passes are no-lookers. Its like theire russian genes are talking to them. Anybody who says they don't hav chemistry should really watch the games closely. They aren't scoring more because they're too fancy. But holy crap, when they're on the ice together its mysterious how much they can connect.

This leads me to believe that team chemistry is good. Discuss.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:13 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I totally agree. It actually looks like these guys are having fun out there.

And a serious thread posted by me and you within a 24 hour period??!?

Old
11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
About Perezhogin and Latendresse they really do get along well and I would guess are pretty good friends.
I was at the game day skate the Saturday they played the Leafs and during all of the down time Latendresse and Perezhogin were playing games with eachother and trying to do some pretty neat things. Both players spread out across pretty much the entire ice surface and shot pucks at eachother about waist high the game was to try to bat the puck out of the air. They were both laughing so much it was really great to see.

Also duing that same practice the team was practicing one timers and Streit was ripping them in the top corner and pretty much everyone one the ice was cheering for him, making cat calls and such.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
The n00b King *

this is awesome stuff.

great to hear the team is having so much fun together.

what an awesome group of guys.

glad there's no more of that "3 amigos" bs.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:21 AM
THEREW

I totally agree with this...

Good fights yesterday by the Habs..and the best thing is that those fights were for good reasons: Protect the goaltender, Protect teamates...those are good reasons to drop the gloves...

Best team chemistry since when ? can.t even remember

this is NICE

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Artie

The chemistry has been very good to date.

IMHO I don't think enough credit is being given to Guy Carbonneau and his staff for the work thy've done on trying to rebuild that chemistry. All 3 coaches were ultimate "team" guys when they played. I think that is rubbing off on the players. You also see the little things that Guy does, having Sammy start against his former team, having Aebie start against his former team, just little things that he remembers were maybe insignificant to some but important to the individual.

Secondly, and this is not intended to degenerate into an anti-Ribiero thing. But Koivu seems to be more at ease with the entire team this year. Is it the fact that his leadership is not under the same scrutiny as it has been the past couple of years? I don't know. Maybe it's Guy and Kirk helping him with some of his leadership issues. But there definitely doesn't seem to be the same clics as in the past.

The test will come when Dandy and Cube return and they have extra bodies to deal with.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
About Perezhogin and Latendresse they really do get along well and I would guess are pretty good friends.
I was at the game day skate the Saturday they played the Leafs and during all of the down time Latendresse and Perezhogin were playing games with eachother and trying to do some pretty neat things. Both players spread out across pretty much the entire ice surface and shot pucks at eachother about waist high the game was to try to bat the puck out of the air. They were both laughing so much it was really great to see.

Also duing that same practice the team was practicing one timers and Streit was ripping them in the top corner and pretty much everyone one the ice was cheering for him, making cat calls and such.
I'm glad I wasn't hallucinating... Cool. good to hear. Especially from two kids who, technically, are in competition.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
mcphee

I think Muller has been key in terms of chemistry and was hired with that in mind.

It seems that Koivu and co. understand that Latendresse is on the team in development mode and support the project. Their reaction was genuine last night. I think we have to give players enough credit and understand that they see past newspaper stories and on line arguemnet sand judge by the work that young players put in. Koivu had been criticized in the past for possibly not embracing young players into the fold, but I think any young player willing to work hard at being a professional is appreciated.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
The chemistry has been very good to date.

IMHO I don't think enough credit is being given to Guy Carbonneau and his staff for the work thy've done on trying to rebuild that chemistry. All 3 coaches were ultimate "team" guys when they played. I think that is rubbing off on the players. You also see the little things that Guy does, having Sammy start against his former team, having Aebie start against his former team, just little things that he remembers were maybe insignificant to some but important to the individual.

Secondly, and this is not intended to degenerate into an anti-Ribiero thing. But Koivu seems to be more at ease with the entire team this year. Is it the fact that his leadership is not under the same scrutiny as it has been the past couple of years? I don't know. Maybe it's Guy and Kirk helping him with some of his leadership issues. But there definitely doesn't seem to be the same clics as in the past.

The test will come when Dandy and Cube return and they have extra bodies to deal with.
And that said, I think those 2 guys are pretty good team players.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:02 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I totally agree. It actually looks like these guys are having fun out there.

And a serious thread posted by me and you within a 24 hour period??!?
A sad day indeed.

But they are both worthy threads that I agree with mostly....but sheesh....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
1) Every time Abby made a nice save, Komisarek or Koivu would go up to him and say, nice save. Even after a nice glove save he made on a shot that came after a late off-side, Koivu came up to him and said: "This shot didn't count, but that was a great save".This leads me to believe that team chemistry is good. Discuss.
Aebi was asked, after the game,to comment about Komi coming in his defense yesterday, and he said something along " well he must love me a lot then..." Just the way he said it, was fun to hear....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:18 AM
5 man unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think Muller has been key in terms of chemistry and was hired with that in mind.

It seems that Koivu and co. understand that Latendresse is on the team in development mode and support the project. Their reaction was genuine last night. I think we have to give players enough credit and understand that they see past newspaper stories and on line arguemnet sand judge by the work that young players put in. Koivu had been criticized in the past for possibly not embracing young players into the fold, but I think any young player willing to work hard at being a professional is appreciated.
I don't remember Koivu being criticized for that? From my observations, whenever any of his teammates, especially the young ones, gets a monkey off their back, he is the most genuinely happy guy on the team. Remember Komi's first goal last year?

Koivu comes across as a true supporter of the coaching staff, and especially his teammates.

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:22 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
3) Kovalev and Samsonov have an incredible understanding of eachothers games. They continuously know where the other is. All their passes are no-lookers. Its like theire russian genes are talking to them. Anybody who says they don't hav chemistry should really watch the games closely. They aren't scoring more because they're too fancy. But holy crap, when they're on the ice together its mysterious how much they can connect.
I was watching the game last night on Centre Ice, so I got the Edmonton Sportsnet feed. Anyway when it was 4 on 4 for a little while in the last frame, and then in overtime, the broadcasters were genuinely worried about Kovalev and Samsonov finishing the game off. I'm pretty sure he said "Kovalev and Samsonov need more room on the ice as much as they need a hole in the head". It was a pretty amusing line.

11-08-2006, 11:27 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 man unit View Post
I don't remember Koivu being criticized for that? From my observations, whenever any of his teammates, especially the young ones, gets a monkey off their back, he is the most genuinely happy guy on the team. Remember Komi's first goal last year?

Koivu comes across as a true supporter of the coaching staff, and especially his teammates.
There had been a few commnets a few years back, but we're talking about a different team a few years ago. Maybe I should have mentionned how veteran players react to young players on the roster, that's a sign of how a team come stogether, imo.

I think Higgins and Komisarek have made a huge impression and impact on this team. Having young players change the face of the team to an extent, has injected a lot of energy to the team.

Old
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
5 man unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There had been a few commnets a few years back, but we're talking about a different team a few years ago. Maybe I should have mentionned how veteran players react to young players on the roster, that's a sign of how a team come stogether, imo.

I think Higgins and Komisarek have made a huge impression and impact on this team. Having young players change the face of the team to an extent, has injected a lot of energy to the team.
Ya, come to think of it, there was the Ribeiro incident. All that asside, Gainey made team chemistry a priority when he took over and has certainly followed through. Character, chemistry, comeraderie, coaching (the 4 C's) are all things that can make a pretty good team VERY good. Talent is important, but in today's NHL there is more to a winning team than that.

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
kostitsyn1489

Koivu isnt stupid... The best 1st rounder from 1993 and 2000 is probably Jason Ward so it's pretty hard to like young guy... But when he saw talent he had no probleme to work with. Perezhogin and Higgins. Even if he doesnt work with Plekanec no doubt he likes what he bring to the team. Plaker arent stupid they see talent too. If they notice that a guy "suck" and is bad for the team he wont be really appreciate except if he bought some potatoes! Nah I like downey

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Boulette Cannon

Guys, THIS is a hockey team. From GM to goaltender, the team spirit is alive and well. Lets just hope the guys can keep this up all year.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
e-e

great stuff guys

go habs go!

btw: i missed most of the game yesterday...(

where can i watch the fights? can anybody help me with that?

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Habnot

Quote:
This is serious guys, seriously... this isn't an OT thread.

I was at the game y'day. (section 107 ff).

Holy crap I was close to the action. Anyways I noticed a couple things that made me very happy.

1) Every time Abby made a nice save, Komisarek or Koivu would go up to him and say, nice save. Even after a nice glove save he made on a shot that came after a late off-side, Koivu came up to him and said: "This shot didn't count, but that was a great save".

2) Latendresse was kidding around with guys all game. He and Downey joked around often. And then at the end of the game, Perezhogin was ribbing him about his missed shootout opportunity and Latendresse put his hand on P-ziggy's head and started making fun of him, and they both were cracking up.

3) Kovalev and Samsonov have an incredible understanding of eachothers games. They continuously know where the other is. All their passes are no-lookers. Also, they share everything, including their wives.

This leads me to believe that team chemistry is good. Discuss.
Not so serious response

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:24 PM
BobbyFischer*

Latendresse and Perezhogin and Gay luverz

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
White Snake*

You can tell just by the interviews on TV that the guys are close. Evertime I see Komi, Higgy or Souray interviewed I hear the same thing. "we have a great bunch of guys in here and everyone is playing together". It is great to hear. Im proud of those guys.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:41 PM
lou diamond phillips

There's a good article on nhl.com about the habs' team chemistry. Check it out:
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ticleid=282655

lou diamond phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 12:46 PM
mcphee

Keep in mind though that the true test of character shows when you've lost 4 of 6, the pp is sputtering and a player is sulking about his icetime. Seeing how a team exits that kind of funk, because every team will see it, will show us a lot.

Old
11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
AH

Did you guys see Koivu and Ryder's reaction towards Latendresse when he scored. They jumped him...It really showed that they were ecstatic for the kid.

I was surprised because people on this forum made it sound like dissention in the ranks was about to start because they put Tender to replace Higgins on the top line. Not so, I guess.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou diamond phillips View Post
There's a good article on nhl.com about the habs' team chemistry. Check it out:
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ticleid=282655
Great article, and it shows what Souray means to the team, and what the team means to him. I hope Gainey can get this guy re-signed.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote